Quality Inn

Quality Inn United States Employee Reviews

Too much drama
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Port Huron, MINovember 14, 2014
This was the most unorganized place I ever worked. The headhousekeeper worried more about her appearance than making sure we housekeeper had our supplies.
fun work place hard working
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 13, 2014
fix errors that happen through the day
how to fix the errors
love my co workers like one big family
staying up all night
getting to meet new people
No reliable coworkers; Management who do not care about customers satisfaction
Front Desk (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2014
Pros: you can request alot of days off, free coffee and water
Cons: coworkers, management, company always being bought out, hard to achieve customer satisfaction, coworkers always blaming each other
The schedule is NEVER stable if you are looking for flexibility here it is! It's to the point of where it becomes annoying, People request days off last minute and you have to be the one who fills the void. Management also does not pay overtime so he/ or she will just switch your schedule around. Building is falling apart nothing at all is updated and all you will hear is complaints from customers but what are you gonna do when the owners are to cheap to do anything. You work alone with no security. So be prepared if you have to chase down people and deal with dangerous situations by yourself in a three story hotel. Housekeepers don't do their job effectively and you can't do anything about up but take criticism from customers. You will also work holidays. Some co workers don't show up or come 30-40mins late and don't get fired. Company is constantly changing names and being bought out.
fun place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Santee, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch breaks was good and working with family was better
Cons: wish it wouldve lasted longer
was a fun place to work
nice people to work with
place was a family owned business at the time I worked there
nice clean place to work
friendly work place
GSA Night Auditor (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORNovember 3, 2014
Pros: discounts on hotel rooms.
Cons: no benifits or health care packages.
I work grave yard so im the night auditor so its lay back, I learned a lot of computer skills and hotel managment.
my co-works are friendly and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job is when im making breakfast and checking people out at the front desk in the moring, but i usally always do a great job as i like to multi task. The most enjoyable part of my job is i get to be around guest im a people person.
Fun place to work during that time
Income Auditor/Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2014
Fun place to work at that time. Room for advancement. Co-workers nice and love to help.
i enjoyed working there, fun place to work and meet new people
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Harriman, TNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: productive and fun place to work
Cons: no benefits at all, no job assurance
coming in at night seeing what the day has been, seeing who has checked in and if there is anything that needs to be done before starting the night audit.
That not all thing are what they seem to be. How to listen when someone really has a problem.
Management was great. Easy to work for, explained and trained very well.
The hardest part of the job I would say is at night not much costumers coming in.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
General Manager (Former Employee), Brattleboro, VTOctober 16, 2014
Pros: indoor heated swimming pool
Cons: no benefits
I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know the guest!
Even though at times it can be hectic,at the end of the day,seeing a guest check out,with a smile on their face,telling you,we'll be back- it's priceless!!
new management and things changed
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: the managers
I enjoy my job just not the new management it has been nice working for them but when they try to move me up they only give one day then started to cut my hours I was working full time with no days off for only $7.25 and the attitudes they would give was the worst an if you would to talk back you would get suspended or lose your job
The best
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 3, 2014
Pros: more time with our customers
Cons: my management
I have definitely learned the most at this job. This job helped to boost my confidence and I learned a lot of secretary type of work and also part time management. My day basically started off with running the breakfast. For the first 3 hours I was making sure breakfast was stocked, running checkouts and meeting to my guest's personal needs. I stay pretty busy everyday! I worked my way up to assistant manager so I took on a lot more responsibilities such as: making inventory orders for breakfast, housekeeping, and maintenance, training new hires, making adjustments and taking group blocks. What I enjoy the most is working around the breakfast area and conversing with my guests. We have a lot of regulars so most of them start to feel like family!
BANQUET CORDINATOR (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2014
Good place to work at and the food is great. Friendly co-workers.
Cash Flow and banking
General Manager (Former Employee), Rhinelander, WISeptember 30, 2014
Pros: always busy with work
Cons: too stiff cash flow
Had a great experience with Banking system as well as cash flow management. helped management finding the lick in the business, help them fix it
Fun
HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee), Calhoun, GASeptember 26, 2014
Was a demanding but enjoyable job. I liked taking time to talk to people and learn more about different places.
Amazing experience , grew professionally.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: amazing growth development
Cons: salary was low
I loved the company it was an amazing experience growing with the company. I have learned things I will forever take with me everywhere I go. Management was great they gave me the ability to grow within the company.
very clean place to stay
Housekeeper (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: consistent work
A typical day at work was always busy. We always made sure everything was in top shape. I learned how to consistently work at a fast pace. Management were helpful and part of the team. Co-workers worked well together. Helping each other out when needed. The hardest part of the job was the constant bending over. If not in good health or shape the job not for you. The most enjoyable part of working there was the friendly customers and there generous tips
fast pacing
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Prescott, AZSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: their pay
management
fast pacing
the compensattion not good enough
co workers
hard job
Fun work place with organized and supervised duties
House Keeper (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 15, 2014
Good environment to work, good management. Looking for similar type of environment.
Hospitality Environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: reduced rates at other chains
Cons: no health care
The motel industry is a good place to work if you like people. I have been fortunate to meet people from many different places in the world. The hard part can be if you are not properly trained or do not have management that will have your back
Allowed to meet many people from around the world.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Jamaica, New YorkSeptember 8, 2014
The day consisted of checking in/ checking out various customers. This job thought me organizational skills, and having to work with a multitude of different bosses and co-workers. I overall enjoyed this job.
Quality Inn
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mount Airy, NCSeptember 7, 2014
Cons: no promitions
I enjoyed this job but in the end I felt I had to teach myself most things needed to do on it. Once you learn and figure it out though it's simple tasks so that wasn't so bad. If you were the morning shift you would set up breakfast and clean it up afterwards, check people in, and take reservations. Afternoon shift you checked people out and set up a list of rooms for the cleaning staff. The manager I worked for also liked to use you as a secretary at times.

Quality Inn Salaries