Quality Metal Stamping
Join a Growing Company!
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Professional
Reports to: NY Senior Management Team
Quality Metal Stamping (QMS) is an innovative and dynamic 4th generation family manufacturing business, looking to add a key member to our corporate management team. We are a growing company dedicated to continuous improvement and are determined to find an energetic team member to be a part of our vision for future expansion.
QMS offers a full benefit package including medical insurance and a 401k plan.
We are seeking someone who wants to become part of the growth of our business. As a best-fit candidate you are eager to learn and adaptable to changing priorities in a high-paced collaborative business culture. You thrive on being a supportive member of the finance and administrative team in the Rockville Centre, NY headquarters. You come to us with proven problem solving skills and experience.
Responsible for preparing entries in AP/AR for the production of periodic financial reports; and processing weekly Payroll. Responsible for maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and overall Accounts Payable and receivable functions.
Additionally this team member is responsible for administrative support to the NY senior management team in functions important to achieving the company's goals.
• Responsible for timely accounts payable and all reasonable discounts are taken
• Ensure that required debt and other payments are made on a timely basis
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
• Ensuring that all payments are timely Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
• Preparing and mailing invoices to customers
• Responsible for accounts receivable and follow up for prompt collections
• Posting payments to customer accounts
• Organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid
• Preparing reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles
• Reconciling cash receipts and deposits
• Verify transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
• Assist CEO in personal and corporate scheduling and planning
• Assist in corporate travel planning for QMS team members
• Interface with sales team with marketing mailings
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Maintains strict confidentiality and follows internal control procedures.
• Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Highly adept with accounting platforms: Great Plains a plus
• 2 + years’ experience in financial data entry and reconciliation
• Experience contributing to a team to accomplish common goals
• Worked collaboratively with key on-and-off site personnel
• Previous work experience in manufacturing a plus
• Accounting or related undergraduate degree a plus – less