Quality Production Limited (aka QPL) is an electronics manufacturing service provider that has recently opened a Senior Buyer/Planner position. We’re looking for the right candidate to join our growing team!
Working in a manufacturing environment, the Senior Buyer/Planner will be responsible for planning and buying a diverse array of electronic components, PCBs, custom parts and services as well as new product development items. Through supply chain management, the Senior Buyer/Planner will meet or exceed customer expectations with regard to quality, delivery, cost and inventory objectives. This position requires a strong foundation in purchasing fundamentals, supply chain strategies, quoting expertise, MRP full cycle planning, and a thorough understanding of the electronic industry (including the ability to read and articulate technical prints). It is essential for the right candidate to apply critical thinking and problem solving techniques in order to acquire materials and services in a cost effective and timely manner. The position requires self-motivation and innovation with the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment that encompasses high mix and complex product lines. The Senior Buyer/Planner will need to possess excellent organizational, negation, communication and teamwork skills.
- Vice President of Operations
- A positive demeanor with a knack for building and maintaining business relationships
- Superior collaboration and teamwork with strong communication skills
- Motivation to work independently under tight deadlines
- Advanced problem solving skills resulting in flexible solutions
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to promote change as necessary
- Operational and technical process management skills in a business environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- An ability to logically grasp what is required in a given situation and then achieve desired results
- Capacity to analyze data and draw relevant conclusions that positively impact company objectives
- Procure material, components, equipment and services through QPL’s MRP system that meet quality, delivery, cost and inventory objectives. Identify and appropriately address material supply issues.
- Maintain data integrity of MRP planning parameters. Continuously plan, schedule and manage material supply to equal demand.
- Review and create tactics and strategies for changes in forecast, leadtime, sourcing, new products and customer requirements.
- Manage part sourcing and pricing to optimize supplier performance aligning with customer requirements. Maintain and update standards in QPL’s MRP system.
- Accurately execute quoting initiatives from multiple suppliers. Analyze, organize, modify and report quoting data for program management. Maintain the integrity of quotes for subsequent procurement requirements.
- Manage supply base, monthly on time delivery (OTD) and quality reporting.
- Successfully use clear communication with multiple departments regarding supply chain constraints while executing consistent, effective industry-standard procurement strategies and customized solutions when necessary.
- Be responsive to requests (internal and external) and participate in meetings with customers, suppliers, engineering, production and purchasing to identify and resolve issues.
- Actively participate in Kaizen endeavors, looking for continuous improvement in system and procedure updates, cost reduction, corrective action, development of purchasing tools and streamlined processes.
- Must be a US person.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5 or more years experience in the electronic industry (purchasing a wide variety of electronic components) in both NPI and production environments. APICS or NAPM certification desired.
- Experience working in PCBA manufacturing with an ability to read technical prints strongly preferred.
- Work experience in an ISO certified business.
- Experience with MRP systems as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management, inventory management practices and manufacturing production cycle.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional production and program management teams.
- Leadership in process improvements, applying lean manufacturing concepts and problem solving techniques.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Quality Production Limited (aka QPL) is an electronics manufacturing service provider.