Quanta Employee Reviews

cold and dark and no managers around anywhere
Product Tester/ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 17, 2017
clock in and turn off and turn on servers all day
I learned how computers and software coding works
a lot of people didn't speak English only Chinese
it was an easy laid back job.
Pros
learned about computers
Cons
didnt move anywhere with the company
Great Job , Bad Boss
Repair technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 20, 2017
I loved working here , unfortunatly the managment left a lot to be desired . The supervisers were great but the actual managers of the company constantly changed the rules and made the job very confusing , also they would announce you had to work over with almost no notice leaving people in a pinch with childcare .
Pros
Great coworkers/supervisers
Cons
No consistency, bad managment .
Fulfillment?
Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 18, 2017
The hardest part of the job was not knowing when you were going to leave at the end of the day. They never knew how many units were going to have to be processed until midway through the day.
Pros
Good pay, good work, plenty of overtime
Cons
Misplaced parts will get you released, rely too much on temps, flexible end time
Very great atmosphere. A lot of positive people within the company.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working for this company. Great management, a lot of hands on training. Very great people within the facility. Just a wonderful place to get a start at a first warehouse job.
Unorganized
Worker (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 24, 2016
The hours are not constant. Management will say one thing but do another. The job itself was not bad, as long as the instructions were clear and written.
Productive and a good place to start
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2016
I've been working for quanta as an Engineering Tech in there QC department. Having an engineering background I got the hang of it quite well and did well during my first month and got appreciated for being the top producer. Compensation turned out to be lower then my expectations.
Pros
A good team, Great management and leadership to work with, Always appreciated, great working hours
Cons
Compensation
Very productive
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 19, 2016
long hours , fast paced work place and great coworkers . The most enjoyable part about the joy was going to work. the hardest part was having to work a lot of overtime.
Not A Bad Company To Work For
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
I want to be clear I can only speak about the Enterprise IT department. Ton Do was my manager. As a manager goes he's better at CYA and helping you CYA than creating pathways for advancement. Quanta is a new and emerging company that's had alot of expansive growth. I would work there again if I had the opportunity but at the time I worked there it was a transitional time.
Great people and environment with long hours
Hyperion Suite Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
i really enjoy the friendly environment and most of the people are super nice and easy to work with. It is a fast-paced environemnt with long hours during quarter-end and year-end. In my role, there isn't really any advancement.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner during quarter-end close
Cons
Galleria traffic and the late night hours
Stay away
Disassemble (Former Employee) –  Lavergne, tnSeptember 27, 2015
Stay away from this place! They love 12 hour shifts. Even on better days you don't know what time you get to leave. Management is very bad!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Very bad management
Overall good place.
Technician (Current Employee) –  La Vernge, TNSeptember 22, 2015
Overall the job is good but you never know when the start or end off shift is suppose to happen until last minute which makes it hard to plan things and to run errands.
Pros
The job is good and the pay is okay.
Cons
No concrete scheduling.
Lots of overtime required in Accounting
Senior Accountant- I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Overtime required monthly and quarterly. Not a good place to work if you have family (or outside) obligations.

Free lunch offered during quarter ends. High turnover due to overtime requirements
Fun, fast paced environment
Repair Technician/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2015
I was able to repair the most current devices, such as iPads, newer computer systems, etc. I really enjoyed the variety of devices and systems I was able to work with, and I really enjoyed the team atmosphere. Everyone worked together to solve issues, and we enjoyed doing it.
It was a great experience !
Painter (Current Employee) –  PAJune 17, 2015
this was my first contracting position . started in the prep room , once i sprayed a part as a skills test ( which i passed ) then was qualified to paint aircrafts . lot of competion , stayed focus and did my job . hardest part of job , once i figured it out was putting paint information on the computer ( solumina ) .
Quality
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  TNFebruary 24, 2015
Inspect parts either pass/fail to be shipped, nice co workers, good hours, reasonable breaks. I enjoy what I do daily and there's nothing hard to deal with.
Pros
Nice job
Cons
Low pay grade
Productive Work Place
CCBU Technician (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNDecember 20, 2014
My day at Quanta would begin with clocking in and checking my ESD Strap to make sure it was working right. Then I would move on to my given assignment whether it be a Khana CCBU or a Tanker. I would have to first take off anything that would get in the way of rail placement with my assigned group. Then we would begin by installing rails. Next we would wire the fans and install J-Boxes and the hard drives that go inside. Then one of us would scan everything and install the circuits. Next we would work on wiring the fans to the circuits and wiring the circuits.
The hardest part i would have to say is installing and scanning the hard drives because it takes the longest.The most enjoyable part for me is installing the rails. I always work with different people almost every day and we usually get along.
We have people over us that are called Leads. They walk around and survey us and help us with anything.
hard work
boxing products (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 19, 2014
my typical day at work is packaging products into items so they can be shipped to places. while working i learned how to organize the products so they could fix into boxes.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
non-free lunch
Enjoyable work environment but unpredictable hours.
Repair Technician I (Current Employee) –  TNMay 1, 2014
Enjoyable work environment but unpredictable hours. Never knew when we were getting off.
Awesome Company to Work for
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
HR Assistant with day to day HR related tasks. Filing, scheduling meetings, assisted with annual enrollment.
Great Team Fast pace
Senior CNC Architect (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2012
Keeps a lean team. You will work a lot of hours.
Everyone on the IT team are great folks. We learned a lot from each other.
Pros
great christmas parties
Cons
tough to actually take any vacation time. don't turn 60 years old...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quanta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9