Quanta Employee Reviews

Overall good place.
Technician (Current Employee) –  La Vernge, TNSeptember 22, 2015
Overall the job is good but you never know when the start or end off shift is suppose to happen until last minute which makes it hard to plan things and to run errands.
Pros
The job is good and the pay is okay.
Cons
No concrete scheduling.
Lots of overtime required in Accounting
Senior Accountant- I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Overtime required monthly and quarterly. Not a good place to work if you have family (or outside) obligations.

Free lunch offered during quarter ends. High turnover due to overtime requirements
Fun, fast paced environment
Repair Technician/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2015
I was able to repair the most current devices, such as iPads, newer computer systems, etc. I really enjoyed the variety of devices and systems I was able to work with, and I really enjoyed the team atmosphere. Everyone worked together to solve issues, and we enjoyed doing it.
It was a great experience !
Painter (Current Employee) –  PAJune 17, 2015
this was my first contracting position . started in the prep room , once i sprayed a part as a skills test ( which i passed ) then was qualified to paint aircrafts . lot of competion , stayed focus and did my job . hardest part of job , once i figured it out was putting paint information on the computer ( solumina ) .
Quality
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  TNFebruary 24, 2015
Inspect parts either pass/fail to be shipped, nice co workers, good hours, reasonable breaks. I enjoy what I do daily and there's nothing hard to deal with.
Pros
nice job
Cons
low pay grade
Productive Work Place
CCBU Technician (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNDecember 20, 2014
My day at Quanta would begin with clocking in and checking my ESD Strap to make sure it was working right. Then I would move on to my given assignment whether it be a Khana CCBU or a Tanker. I would have to first take off anything that would get in the way of rail placement with my assigned group. Then we would begin by installing rails. Next we would wire the fans and install J-Boxes and the hard drives that go inside. Then one of us would scan everything and install the circuits. Next we would work on wiring the fans to the circuits and wiring the circuits.
The hardest part i would have to say is installing and scanning the hard drives because it takes the longest.The most enjoyable part for me is installing the rails. I always work with different people almost every day and we usually get along.
We have people over us that are called Leads. They walk around and survey us and help us with anything.
hard work
boxing products (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 19, 2014
my typical day at work is packaging products into items so they can be shipped to places. while working i learned how to organize the products so they could fix into boxes.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
non-free lunch
Enjoyable work environment but unpredictable hours.
Repair Technician I (Current Employee) –  TNMay 1, 2014
Enjoyable work environment but unpredictable hours. Never knew when we were getting off.
Awesome Company to Work for
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
HR Assistant with day to day HR related tasks. Filing, scheduling meetings, assisted with annual enrollment.
Great Team Fast pace
Senior CNC Architect (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2012
Keeps a lean team. You will work a lot of hours.
Everyone on the IT team are great folks. We learned a lot from each other.
Pros
great christmas parties
Cons
tough to actually take any vacation time. don't turn 60 years old...

Want to know more about Quanta?

Ask a question
Lifetime Opportunity...(for someone else)
Revenue Review Clerk (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 14, 2012
Start 4:30am (end at 7pm)...Act as liason between Project Management, Billing Department(s), Management and the Constructions crews. Streamlining process(es) to expedite billing of construction documents for client. I've learned how to work with many different groups of people and get them to work together (peacefully). These various departments are all saying the same thing but they're speaking different languages (talking past each other). Management entrusts me to handle every detail and rarely steps in to my affairs. The trick to remaining so self-sufficient is maintaining relationships by working closely with the leads (and staff) of each department. Couldn't do it without their teamwork. Hardest part of the job is having the responsiblity to maintain order, while having no real authority to impliment change. The best part of the job is being able to look down on our company's entire process and know that we're consistantly meeting our client's metrics and efficiency standards.

Just looking for something that doesn't consume my entire life while I'm going to school. Thanks for your time!
Pros
no supervision, create your own procedures and work schedule
Cons
60 hour per week, promotions consist (only) of doubling (tripling) work-load
It's ok to work there if you want to get experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 26, 2012
It's ok to work there if you want to get experience. It is very hard to move up because Managers don't leave their position,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no advancements