QUANTEM AVIATION SERVICES

QUANTEM AVIATION SERVICES Employer Reviews

it was challanging
To marshal (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2014
it was a challanging environment to work, co workers were hard to get along with.
A short term job
Ramp agent. (Current Employee), Portland, OrSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: hired quickly. coworkers are great. things may be changing for the better.
Cons: managment is an issue. pay is worst at pdx. leads don't koww how to maximize your time.
Working at Quantem is adventure and not the good kind.
The employees are great to work with while the leads and management are not.

There is a giant turnover with people because the pay is the worst at pdx (and won't change soon) and the working situation is poor: enjoy having your time wasted? Enjoying getting yelled at when its not your fault? enjoy a stressful environment for super low pay? Then Quantem is for you.

People won't give two weeks notice because its common to get fired before your two weeks are up. (Again poor upper management)

The leads (jet leads) are your active boss on the ramp and all of them lack any leadership skills.

Enjoy being bossed around by people that a) can't follow whats going on, so its common that extra people get sent to do something (then the yelling begins) b) yelling/frustration is common when most of the time its the leads fault. Vet employees learn quickly to ignore certain leads so they can do their job correctly. c) lack any leadership skills. Seriously the ramp would run better if they removed their current leads and just let the employees do their job.

Most if not all the workers there talk about leaving and looking for different work partly due to the pay and partly due to the bs that happens daily. Quantem shouldn't be surprised if one day most of the people don't show up.

The pm shift is 530pm 830pm but you will only get to leave early if the leads like you. Its very typical (again due to the time wasting and mismangment/poor leadership of the leads to not have people leave till 9-930.

Also enjoy working a mandatory Sunday that they won't tell you about in the interview.
cool place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: horrible pay
Turn on all the equipment marshal aircraft load and unload UDL containers for aircraft, store all equipment at the end of the operations
better hours
Ramp Agent/Driver (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 23, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
you work out in the rain the sun the cold and they really don't give you the stuff to keep you warm or dry or cool and there is to many people that think they are the boss and they send more the one person after the same thing
great atmosphere loved the job
Material Handler (Former Employee), rochester, new yorkMay 13, 2014
Loading the containers to put on the fedex plane. usually it takes up to four or five hours. its a overnight job starts at 1 where out by 630 the latest.
Mail Handler (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2014
I been there six years and had five managers and the one I really dis like was having more workers on weeknight and not weekends and we all have or had two jobs
I liked the job until I got fired
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 19, 2013
Pros: being at the airport, supervisors were nice
Cons: low pay, 3 hour shifts, lies
I was working as a part time Ramp Service Agent for only 10-14 days.

I liked the job overall. I was there on time everyday, I was always on time, never late, and did my job.

Here is where the problems come in.

On the day I picked up my first paycheck, the director took me into his office, and stated "I received an email stating something came back on your background." The director wouldn't tell me nothing except that.

I spent some time looking into it, and found out that my background is clean, and what he said was a lie. I called several times, and they ignored my phone calls. Finally, I got a hold of the director again, and he stated that I won't be getting my job back. Everything that he stated as to why I was fired, is a lie. I even asked for an email asking about why they fired me, I still haven't received it. From what I understand, that is a Federal right that is being violated, and I've been talking to a lawyer, which is how I found that out.

I spoke to HR on the phone, and sent an email to her, She said she'd look into it and has never gotten back to me.

It's been over a month since I was fired.

Also some of the containers that we had to move were over 3000 pounds pushing and pulling, with 2-4 people. We used a platform that had rollers, to move the large containers on. The wages should be more than $9.45 an hour in my opinion, plus people working at FedEx doing similar things were making $10-11 an hour.

I would not recommend working for this company.
Good company with solid growth. Shaky CHQ structure and support for outstations.
Worker (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 15, 2013
Pros: up and coming company with good growth
Cons: tough working hours outside of regular business hours.
Overall great company with good people and decent benefits. Corporate management changes made it extremely difficult to maintain business with so many people moves in key areas. Lack of CHQ support led to failures within business units key to the success of outstation support. Good people, hardest part of the job was high level of turnover and tough working hours outside of regular business hours.
If you like airplanes this is the job for you
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: long breaks, part time and full time benifits
Cons: odd work hours
Very fun but dangerous job, you get to work next to huge jet planes and load cargo into them. Very fun job but at the same time it can get tough. Required to work in all weather conditions except extreme weather.
Fun Place but low salary
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2013
For the work we do we get paid little. no way to receive a raise. but i love working with the aircraft.
Excellence In aviation services companies - second to none.
General Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2013
Pros: excellence in personnel and job performance with safety #1 priority
Cons: no known issues
Eight plus years with Quantem Aviation Services allowed me to grow professionally and personally. A team of personnel who work well together for the satisfaction of the customer and exceeding expectations of customers and QAS Corporate.
good work
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2013
Work in a warehouse where we ship packages it was a good place to work for
below avarage
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: part-time job
Cons: its a job
on time is a must if ur one minute late u getting wrote up and after the third time ur terminated more work with shorter hours, no good benefits and the managment is not good
awesome place to work good people god work environment
Laborer and Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2012
Pros: good pay good advancement
Cons: no cons
I was a welders helper so i was able to do alot while i worked at this company, i laid concrete i grind-ed and buffed welds i operated equipment and i did ditch work
Fast paced and fun
General Manager of Ground Handling Operations (Current Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2012
Pros: good support
Cons: late hours
We load and unload aircraft, adhearing to all FAA, TSA,and customer guidelines. It is very fast paced but at the same time it is fun. I have leared a lot about aviation in the last two years. Hardest part of my job are the long hours.
Unloading and Loading Cargo Aircraft's
Cargo Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2012
Pros: easy work environment, great staff, organized, detail oriented
Cons: short hours, no benefits, no raise, on the job injury
I come in first thing in the morning and begin to unload UPS box shipments to be placed into a huge can. Once in the can, I move these cans to be placed into an aircraft to be shipped or sent to a local warehouse to be shipped out. Once I am done with that, I begin to load the aircraft again with UPS box shipments to be sent to their proper destination. Once I am done with that, I begin to load each cans filled with UPS box shipments into the aircraft and write them down on a sheet of paper according to company's proper placement procedure.
Loaded and unlaod carge planes
Cargo Agent (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2012
I was an easy and fun job. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

QUANTEM AVIATION SERVICES Salaries