QUANTEM AVIATION SERVICES Employee Reviews

Great Starting Job If.......
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 30, 2015
You have a good head on your shoulders, it can be stressful at certain times of the year, but you do get down time waiting for your work to arrive.
Management and co workers are very accommodating and willing to help if you ask them questions. I've never had a bad day working there.
Pros
good management/co workers, pay has actually increased lately
Cons
none, other than the job only being a part time job
Short hours, low pay, and hard work conditions.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 27, 2015
Everyday could vary depending on where I was needed. I learned how operations were performed on the airport, I also learned how to operate several pieces of machinery such as tugs, belt loaders, K-loaders, and marshal aircraft.
Cons
Had to work outside whether it was hot, snowing, or flooding.
Productive fast paced workplace
Postal Agent (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDOctober 10, 2015
A very productive environment where adhering to guidelines and procedures is vital to a successful workday. Management was okay could've been better but overall we managed to get the job done.
Fun Job to work for extra income
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2015
I love it, I can see myself advancing to further jobs for the airport in the future, but as far as the job goes, its a way to move up to other opportunities.
Great experience excellent management I love the environment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 6, 2015
The management are like family to me. I learned a lot of ramp tips and tricks thanks to management its a great pleasure to know that I know the ramp and how to operate ramp vehicles with no problems thanks to them. I love the environment so friendly and such a well oiled machine, how we work as a team. It is truly a great experience.
Pros
the experience
Cons
age of some tugs
the pay is great but the management and working enviroment is not so great. the best part is this is a part time job but you get paid like full time
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2015
the job is evening or overnight only. you either scan or stack the mail or sort it into containers. the mail at times can be really heavy. ive learned how some of the postal operations work. Ive also leaned different codes used to ship the mail and its destinations. most of the people that work at this job are males but their are females. most of us get along but like most jobs theres conflict. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the extreme weather. when its too hot or too cold it can reall affect your performance. the best thing i like about the job is you work part time and get full time like pay.
Pros
extra hours available
Cons
no breaks and horrible working conditions when weather is bad
easy to learn job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2015
job is easy to learn. ample training is provided. management is exceptional. working at the airport is great. there are a lot of skills and trades to be learned.
Pros
many skills and trades are learned
Cons
weird hours. rough weather at times to work in.
A typical Aviation job
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2015
I thought unloading cargo was going to be hard, turns out nothing can be easier for me. The staff and management at QAS and UPS are all amazing.
Terrible management from QAS
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FlordaApril 24, 2015
The GM is literally the definition of a, lying and fraudulent "1 percenter". He's never on the ramp, only when "high up" UPS officials are there. Then when he is on the ramp, he decides he know everything inside and out in order to impress UPS and show how "in control" he is of his company. He has promised raises to all employees for the past 4 months (currently starting at $8.05/hr). After 90 days there is a $ 0.50 raise followed by 2% raises every year. The only goal of this company is to fulfill a quota set by UPS of 25 employees present daily for work, no matter the quality or work ethic.

Highly recommend basic economic and management classes to the GM. (maybe basic ethics too)
Pros
Hired Immediately, UPS supervisors are nice and intelligent
Cons
nearly every aspect of working here
Ex-Military looking for an part time job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Pete/Clearwater, Fl. TAMPA, Fl.March 25, 2015
Ex- miltary looking for an part time job. My past employment started with warehouse labor, working for U.S. Airways, and now working with licensing. Every job i had i worked for 4 or more years. I hoping being in the military and working for U.S. Airways at Tampa International Airport.
Awesome job with a beautiful view
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 24, 2015
I loved working here. The people were amazing and fun to be around. Got to see a beautiful view of a plane take off every night.
Pros
amazing people, beautiful views
Cons
part time
Unorganized
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Clearwater,FLDecember 21, 2014
at first it was a fun job, then I noticed how stuff was always unorganized and unplanned, Safety also became a big thing, they always promoted to use safety but then higher up people would go and do unsafety things. Management was VERY poor, the GM lied about everything he said to us in training. The pay was horrible for what we did, manual labor is not worth $8.00 an hour. I wouldn't prefer this job to anyone.
Cons
everything
it was challanging
To marshal (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2014
it was a challanging environment to work, co workers were hard to get along with.
A short term job
Ramp agent. (Current Employee) –  Portland, OrSeptember 29, 2014
Working at Quantem is adventure and not the good kind.
The employees are great to work with while the leads and management are not.

There is a giant turnover with people because the pay is the worst at pdx (and won't change soon) and the working situation is poor: enjoy having your time wasted? Enjoying getting yelled at when its not your fault? enjoy a stressful environment for super low pay? Then Quantem is for you.

People won't give two weeks notice because its common to get fired before your two weeks are up. (Again poor upper management)

The leads (jet leads) are your active boss on the ramp and all of them lack any leadership skills.

Enjoy being bossed around by people that a) can't follow whats going on, so its common that extra people get sent to do something (then the yelling begins) b) yelling/frustration is common when most of the time its the leads fault. Vet employees learn quickly to ignore certain leads so they can do their job correctly. c) lack any leadership skills. Seriously the ramp would run better if they removed their current leads and just let the employees do their job.

Most if not all the workers there talk about leaving and looking for different work partly due to the pay and partly due to the bs that happens daily. Quantem shouldn't be surprised if one day most of the people don't show up.

The pm shift is 530pm 830pm but you will only get to leave early if the leads like you. Its very typical (again due to the time wasting and mismangment/poor leadership of the leads to not have people leave till 9-930.

Also enjoy working a mandatory Sunday
  more... that they won't tell you about in the interview.  less
Pros
hired quickly. coworkers are great. things may be changing for the better.
Cons
managment is an issue. pay is worst at pdx. leads don't koww how to maximize your time.
cool place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2014
Turn on all the equipment marshal aircraft load and unload UDL containers for aircraft, store all equipment at the end of the operations
Pros
good hours
Cons
horrible pay
better hours
Ramp Agent/Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 23, 2014
you work out in the rain the sun the cold and they really don't give you the stuff to keep you warm or dry or cool and there is to many people that think they are the boss and they send more the one person after the same thing
Cons
great atmosphere loved the job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  rochester, new yorkMay 13, 2014
Loading the containers to put on the fedex plane. usually it takes up to four or five hours. its a overnight job starts at 1 where out by 630 the latest.
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2014
I been there six years and had five managers and the one I really dis like was having more workers on weeknight and not weekends and we all have or had two jobs
I liked the job until I got fired
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 19, 2013
I was working as a part time Ramp Service Agent for only 10-14 days.

I liked the job overall. I was there on time everyday, I was always on time, never late, and did my job.

Here is where the problems come in.

On the day I picked up my first paycheck, the director took me into his office, and stated "I received an email stating something came back on your background." The director wouldn't tell me nothing except that.

I spent some time looking into it, and found out that my background is clean, and what he said was a lie. I called several times, and they ignored my phone calls. Finally, I got a hold of the director again, and he stated that I won't be getting my job back. Everything that he stated as to why I was fired, is a lie. I even asked for an email asking about why they fired me, I still haven't received it. From what I understand, that is a Federal right that is being violated, and I've been talking to a lawyer, which is how I found that out.

I spoke to HR on the phone, and sent an email to her, She said she'd look into it and has never gotten back to me.

It's been over a month since I was fired.

Also some of the containers that we had to move were over 3000 pounds pushing and pulling, with 2-4 people. We used a platform that had rollers, to move the large containers on. The wages should be more than $9.45 an hour in my opinion, plus people working at FedEx doing similar things were making $10-11 an hour.

I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
being at the airport, supervisors were nice
Cons
low pay, 3 hour shifts, lies
Good company with solid growth. Shaky CHQ structure and support for outstations.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2013
Overall great company with good people and decent benefits. Corporate management changes made it extremely difficult to maintain business with so many people moves in key areas. Lack of CHQ support led to failures within business units key to the success of outstation support. Good people, hardest part of the job was high level of turnover and tough working hours outside of regular business hours.
Pros
up and coming company with good growth
Cons
tough working hours outside of regular business hours.