Quantum Health Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing and Unique Company. A Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2016
Quantum-Health is unique in many, many ways. It puts internal and external customer service at the center of its mission. It's an extraordinarily flat and collaborative organization that is still entrepreneurial at heart after 16 years.

Many staff members coming from other corporations are appalled at the lack of attention to mapping processes and "standard operating procedures". Because those are industry standards most assume this is a major flaw. They haven't seen what an inspired workforce can do when they are driven,not by rules and regulations, but by a common mission and vision. People that work here know that the work they're doing is important--even life-saving. They believe strongly in serving the customers needs and being fierce in fighting for member needs.

It's not a job. It's a cause. If you get that, you'll do well.
Pros
Free snacks, caring management and staff, worthy work.
Cons
? What's not to like?
Fun workplace with several productivity tools including a ping pong table, pool table, on-site massages, serenity rooms, etc.
Actuarial Analyst, Finance (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 15, 2016
Quantum Health is an award-winning care management and health improvement company serving the healthcare needs of approximately 500,000 members at 70 self-funded public and private sector organizations including hospital systems, manufacturers, coalitions, school districts, technology, entertainment, and retail companies across the U.S.
Pros
Flexible hours, unlimited vacation, on-site massages, and catered lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Bilingual Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHMay 13, 2016
Great place to work! Great work environment and there are a lot of ways to move up in this company internally. I would definitely recommend
Great place to work unless you are a professional
RN (Current Employee) –  ColumbusMarch 20, 2013
There is absolutely no accountability. The management and leadership do not have the leadership skills to lead a growing company. People are promoted and praised based on who they know and are friendly with versus the quality of your actual work. Management indicates that they have a no tolerance policy for gossip and rumors but their actions say otherwise. The CEO of the company does appear to care but unfortunately many of the people around her are very poor at leading people but are good at covering up inadequacies. At some point all the true issues and the weakness of the leadership team will bring the company to a point of no return. I truly hope that something is done before this happens but I don't hold out hope.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management, poor health insurance
THE Best Company to work for in Columbus, Ohio!
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 11, 2013
I love working for this company! I've had the opportunity to work for a variety of organizations throughout the course of my career (public, private, small, large, mature, growing), and I'm thrilled to say that I've finally found the company were I hope to retire! People are genuinely friendly, they greet you cheerfully in the hallways, and they often open doors for one another. There's a real teamwork feel throughout the organization. Our senior leadership is smart, dedicated, ethical, & highly accessible, and I feel like I'm noticed, appreciated, and rewarded for bringing my A-game to work everyday (which is not always the case with other companies out there, unfortunately.) They also recognize and support the need for a healthy work/life balance, which is refreshing in this day and age. I feel so lucky to be associated with our mission to change the healthcare industry. What we do here truly changes the lives of people for the better, and that is SUCH a wonderful feeling to know that I can contribute to that everyday. If you get the opportunity to work at Quantum Health—take it! :) Trust me, it will be the best career move you could ever make!
Pros
superb culture, healthy work/life balance, free snacks/pop/keurig coffee, monthly catered lunches, fitness facility, on-site massage therapy, generous company-match on 401k, ping-pong & pool table

Comment – June 22, 2013

Clearly written by an executive trying to protect company and CEO image and who is likely out of touch with the daily experience of employees. Dive in and listen to people and help to make positive changes.

Do Not Work Here
Care Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioOctober 22, 2013
They draw you in under the premise of open and honest communication, assuming positive intent, everybody stuffs envelopes and free food, but what you get is an executive staff that could care less about stuffing envelopes, managers and directors who hire their friends and and a group of dedicated care coordinators chained to phones trying to problem solve things that they are not properly trained to do on a system that is about to implode at any time. .How is Quantum going to be the best loved brand in healthcare when most of the staff have little to no healthcare industry training or experience?
Pros
popcorn
Cons
toxic culture
Great place to work if popcorn is enough
Professional employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 19, 2013
A lot of folks on the ground floor are genuinely nice, but the people in positions with authority are often inexperienced, insincere, or simply unavailable to lead. Outside consultants who are out of touch with day-to-day life seem to run the company, and there is no HR department other than a couple recruiters. The CEO seems to value outsiders more than people who've been loyal to the company for years. There is a huge lack of support for the hardest workers, which has led to a hopelessness and turnover of employees. The culture that is being sold is not the culture that actually exists. People are bullied and used as scapegoats, so who cares about free popcorn. This is a place where experienced staff will struggle to succeed because they know better, and their experience and ideas will not be valued. If your a woman, your days are numbered. If you're looking for your first job, this place might do. If you're looking for a job where you'll know what is going on, what you're expected to do, and where there's accountability, run.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
lack of leadership, support, communication, and accountability
Quantum Experience
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Quantum Health is a medium size company that is rapidly growing due to the demand of care coordination. The company is always open to new ideas and ways to make it an enjoyable experience for employees. The staff is more of a caring feel always lending a hand to those in need. Overall Quantum is a great place to work with room to grow in your career.
Pros
free lunch, quarterly incentives and activities
No accountability, poor management, lack of leadership, hostile environment
Cm (Former Employee) –  ColumbusApril 17, 2013
Work loads are uneven. One case manager may have a caseload of 50 and another may have double that. The are manager heavy but overall lack any type of leadership.

" rules or guidelines" are unclear…
Expectations are not clear
Managers lack the ability to make sound decisions
Upper manager fuel the hostility by participating in rumors etc
Lack of follow through
Most management has less education then the majority of staff
Their is an overall dislike of nurses
No consistency in reviews
No negotiating of salaries so you may have 20 years experience and very likely will be brought in making less than the people that report to you.

This company often contributes its struggles to growing pains but that is not the case at all. Until the focus changes from feeding everyone to cover up the problems nothing will change
Pros
you will never have to buy groceries again
Cons
what else can i say
Fun culture but severe lack of leadership
Mid level professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2013
This company has a lot of potential to be a great company. The core mission of the company is a good one, but the lack of direction and leadership is its undoing.

The culture is fun and they really do try to keep everyone's spirits up by having lots of perks. However, it doesn't make up for the reality that the company is run by managers and leaders who are literally making last minute decisions and flying by the seat of their pants.

During my time here, I was not given clear expectations or well defined goals for my work. There were several instances I was asked to start a project and then had to stop because there was a general territorial battle within the company and it prevented many of the key players from coming to the table together. These territorial attitudes really permeated from upper level management.

The work load is heavy, so there is an expectation that employees will be working nights and weekends to keep the company afloat. Several members of my team couldn't take a dedicated day off. They would still log on, take conference calls, and compile reports while on vacation.

If you are working as a Patient Services Representative, then you are unlikely to encounter these issues. But if you are going in as a mid to senior level professional, beware of the move.
Pros
fun culture, free food
Cons
lack of clear expectations and leadership, expectation for compulsive work habits
growing company, good culture
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 21, 2014
One of the best things about the job is the people. Everyone is so genuinely kind—like really, really nice. Most people seem to care about the work they're doing. Also most people I have dealt with seem very competent.

The company is growing FAST which means you'll need to work hard and be flexible to change. But you are rewarded with free food and fun activities. Plus the feeling that you are helping people and making a difference even.
Pros
free food/drink
Not a good fit for professionals with ethics and a beating heart
Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2013
This company was built on the foundation of open and honest communication, assuming positive intent and making/keeping commitments to members, clients and teammates. The foundation split and those left behind have been threatened with retaliation for speaking up, harassed under the guise of assuming positive intent and betrayed for political gain. All of this had gone unchecked without HR oversight for several opportunistic months while the ambitious "leaders" staked their claim in the inner executive and director level circles.

All the while, we front line patient service reps are trying to uphold the core of the business which is to reduce unecessary cost and confusion for memebers during a medical event. The PSRs have solid training and cultivation to perform this unique and extremely valuable service. However, since the culture of the company crumbled, the previous caring nature of employees at almost every level fell victim to the pervasive paranoia built up by repeatedly rewarded corporate-like negative behavior. The trust has been relpaced by lemming-like smiles-n-nods. This is a true tragedy based on what the original company values were and the kind of people it used to attract, develop and promote.

It can be turned around, but with only as drastic meaaures that got them into these circumstances. The service Quantum Health provides is invaluable to both individual members and the employer groups. Let's hope this current cultural downfall is just a phase and not a trend. Until it shifts back, it is not a recommended career choice at this time.
Pros
fresh popcorn. always.
Cons
severe lack of ethics-based leadership, unorganized growth, constant chaos and finger pointing
Culture has changed drastically in last 2 years for the worst
Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 28, 2013
management changes has led to a very toxic culture now. Very sad for what used to be a fantastic place to work
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  7450 Huntington Dr Worthington Oh 43235June 12, 2012
Customer Service inbound out bound calls
helping customers to secure pre-certifications before upcoming procedures,claims, quote benefits
every co-worker was a excellent team player
the hardest part of the job was quoting claims
providing excellent customer service,working great hours weekends off
Pros
company parties, yearly bonus
Your experience depends on your department and its management
Customer Engagement Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2012
A typical day at work was unpredictable, especially in my specific experience—where even my most basic job duties were undefined and often changed. I did have an opportunity to expand my knowledge in some wonderful new programs and to experience an environment much different from any of my past employment, experience I will always treasure.

In my position management was rarely available and therefore difficult to analyze objectively. I often relied on team member feedback, and senior team member leadership, which I often found to later contradict my department manager's ideals for my position. This was the hardest part of the job because it left me unsure of the best way to proceed with many projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the passion many employees and executives held for creating a positive and fun work environment. There were social events, free snacks and drinks, supportive programs for weight loss and healthy activity, opportunities for volunteering, etc. which encouraged employees to interact and enjoy themselves. I was, and still am, a large fan of all the efforts to uphold a dynamic workplace.
Pros
free snacks and beverages, often catered meals, social events
Cons
undefined job duties, unavailable management
Look to each other not to an executive
Business-educated (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2013
Who are the leaders at Quantum Health? Most employees can't find them. They are executives who are hired consultants who aren't on site regularly or are leaders in other states who come in on occasion. They are also leaders who are on site but who have no management experience or expertise in their areas. This leads to uninformed decision-making and a severe lack of communication to managers and employees. It also leads to territorialness because the inexperienced want to hide their incompetencies. Employees are not able to voice concerns without retaliation or hostility. It also doesn't seem the company can prioritize. One day, something is very important, a committee might be formed, and people will work diligently, and the next day, something newer and shinier comes along and the previous effort is abandoned. Over and over. A sense of accomplishment is hard to come by. There isn't enough thinking before acting, and there is zero thinking about the consequences of decisions, including the impact on employees or the need for resources. Understandably, a growing company might benefit from consults, but consultants are more than consulted; they have taken over. While they offer a fresh perspective, they aren't used in combination with leaders on site. I am a former employee with a business degree who was looking to learn about business at a growing company, but this "case study" is not what I expected. Instead of learning about the business (which there is no simple way to express) and watching strong leaders grow the company, I watched a wonderful concept of a company deteriorate  more... because the best minds are not involved in focused priorities that are planned out and executed by subject matter experts in touch with company life. I hope the CEO takes back the power and really takes time to listen to the people who work for her. The good has greatly diminished, but it is still there in small doses. Nurture it.  less
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
hostility, lack of diversity, accountability, and priorities, poor problem-solving
Company full of potential, not run very well
PSR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2013
Company seems to have alot of potential. The product is very innovative and useful, just need someone to get them to the next level.

Very new company and in the infant stage. No real expectations or guidelines. Need more structure and incentives.

Needs to be run like a real organizaion- HR dept, qualified leadership, etc.
Pros
perk- snacks, drinks. everyone trys to be nice and keep spirits up.
Cons
no structure/guidelines
Nothing but a bunch of hypocrites!!
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2012
I went to work every day and gave 110% effort. Scored exceptional on every annual review I ever received but was let go as no longer a "good fit". I tried to to go through the proper chain of command to discuss issues that I was experiencing and nothing was done to resolve until it became convenient for them to let me go.
e
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2013
Best place to work.
Couldn't find an easier job.
Little work and supervisors don't care.
Fun place to work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2012
It's a great place to work, but the only thing is it lacks structure.
Pros
free food

2.8