Quantum Services Employee Reviews

Wonderful company to work for
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2017
Counting inventory and comparing my counts to clients. I learned so much including excel and Microsoft office. Considering I was management I think it was amazing. Great workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was keeping clients happy considering a bad audit would mean a fine. I really enjoyed the travel and working with all different types of people
Pros
being your own boss
Cons
not being able to interact with all coworkers on a daily basis
Quantum is not the job for me due to not enough hours i have to get full time
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 8, 2017
I would not recommend Quantum as a good place to work for only because they never have a for sure set amount of hours it always changed. I would think I am gonna be working all week and then all of a sudden I get an email letting us know that the sort has been cancelled. If they could of gave me at least 30 hours guaranteed it would not be a bad place to work but that was never the case.
Pros
I enjoyed the kind of work i was doing there inspecting parts for flaws was fun and came easy to me
Cons
Not enough hours wanted at least 40 hours weekly and only got about 15
Good solid company
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoyed this company and advanced fairly quickly. I was good at counting and good at math so this job fit well with me. Management was pretty good. Some people in the office were really great. No Christmas parties though. Must managers at stores we counted were pretty cool. Some, not so cool.
Great work place and fun environment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kill Devil Hills, NCNovember 18, 2016
Owners are great people, and same with the workers all the work goes smoothly and well organized no complaints about my experience working
Pros
Organized, great staff, great learning experience
Cons
Fast pace, at points stressful when extremely busy
Leadership needs help severely on the flip side hours and pay are a decent hold.
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2016
When I first started with Quantum Services, the manager whom I interviewed on the phone was great and worked with me while I worked by two weeks notice. When I started I was excited that I was going to work Monday-Friday and see more of family and have some more structure. At first things went well, my direct supervisor whom may or may not still be with the company started out very professional as I would ask questions about the Auditing Process. They got sick and within two days I was sent across the State to the Columbia Division to work Financial Audits. Vs. The Scan Audits that I started with this process was much different and I wasn't given too much practice on this Audit. Prior to being trained for 4 days not to even count Tobacco or Lottery process as these are the most detailed items this company will count. My third week my original boss returns to work and as I am following them to get guidance on an Audit I didn't know how to do I was attempting to shadow them. They screamed at me to quit following them, then later on as I was counting something wrong because this process was way different and even after numerous attempts I just used the guides I was given upon orientation and used my past retail and inventory experience to muddle through. I can remember my supervisor saying to me " If you mess up, fix it yourself or your out the door." For the rest of that shift I just did the best I could and kept to myself and this went on for a couple of months before I finally just found another job. This was after I sent emails and called the person that hired me to explain  more... why I was moving on. Unfortunately, it didn't and I had to move on. I met some great people along the way within the gas stations we audited. I just hope for the future of Quantum they see why they are unable to keep people in the Saint Louis Division. As for me I have learned a lot and most of that particular learning was on my own.  less
Pros
Traveling to different parts of the state, Hotel Rooms paid for, meeting great managers and associates, weekends guaranteed off.
Cons
Lack of Division Manager Professionalism, Minimum Wage pay while driving
Great early morning hours, good money, somewhat physically demanding
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 30, 2016
Using personal vehicles to drive to and physically count inventory of gas station-type stores. Lots of bending and standing and sometimes counting items in coolers. Taking inventory by using either a handheld device or one that rests on your waist. If you're an early riser, enjoy being finished with work by noon or 1PM, don't mind getting a little dirty (products/shelving that may be dusty), and can handle driving/working alongside one person or a few, then this is a good job for you.
Pros
Good money, good hours, not much bureaucratic overhead
Cons
Using personal vehicle for travel, might need to invest in knee pads/mechanic gloves
Quantum is a Great Company
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2016
I have worked for Quantum services for 16 years. They are a family orientated company that values their employees. Quantum spends a great deal of time developing their employees and that is because there is LOTS of room for advancement within the company.
The hours are wonderful (I'm a working mom) and the pay is good.
We are in a different place and seeing different people everyday so things don't get boring.
There is a good amount of driving for this job but you are compensated for it and also for any time you spend working at home.
Quantum is also very good at giving recognition and appreciation. When you have done a good job they go out of their way to let you know and thank you for it.
Quantum's office staff (tech, HR, payroll, etc.) are always easily reached and extremely helpful.
Help is only a phone call away no matter what position you hold within the company.
I would encourage anyone to work for Quantum Services!
Pros
Good hours, Good pay, A company that cares
Cons
Job can be quite physical at times (that could also be a pro)
Great Company to work for!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 23, 2016
This company allows you to control your own destiny. If you work hard you will be rewarded. It is a large company with a small company feel. The people in the corporate office are very approachable, and listen to your concerns. The job involves confirming inventory levels for clients and advising them on possible areas of concern.
Pros
Quick Advancement Opportunity, Responsive Management
Great company with many opportunities!
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2016
I enjoy working with Quantum Services. The hours are great, the people who work in the office care, and the ones who work beside you everyday want to see you succeed! Going to different places, working with new clients help prevent your job from becoming stale. You can always wake up knowing it's a new day and you get to see different faces. Those who work with Quantum are typically great people with winning personalities which make doing the job pleasant. Those in the office make it a point to recognize those who are doing well too to never make you feel unappreciated. Overall Quantum is a great place to work if you're looking for an exciting job as an Auditor. I highly recommend investing your time here if you're serious in looking for a new career!
Pros
Hours, Coworkers, Changing Environment
Cons
Long travel times at times
Worst Place I've ever worked
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Everyone's snide and ageist. They will blame everything on you if you're under-trained and young. Not to mention training, it's the worst. I was sent away for two weeks and trained to just scan merchandise as a field auditor (I was hired as an audit supervisor). I asked for better training and no one answered. I asked for my equipment to be fixed and no one cared to help me. I asked for the proper equipment and operations ignored me. It's a team/division based job everyone does their job differently, so it's really hard to work as a team.

I asked around for tips and help but that didn't work so I took on the hard parts of the job to get better at being a part of Quantum. Hoping to gain more experience from more advanced tasks. At the point before I left I was really good at my job! I was better at math than I thought! You break your back and knees day-to-day for Quantum (almost literally). You go numb for spending hours in freezers and coolers. Waking up at 3-5AM to be at work at 6-7AM isn't ideal to most but you get accustomed. You'll also have to carpool, which was always an uncomfortable feeling. You'll also have to drive in horrible weather (be careful!).

Quantum doesn't compensate well. The company penny pinches and underpays their employees. They short you 20 cents per mile for traveling. I did not see a raise from my hard work. Even if I didn't deserve a raise my hierarchy did not review me on the quality of my work nor tell me what I needed to do to earn a better wage or better position. I was never told I was doing a bad job and I was ALWAYS improving my efforts.
  more...

I've never been fired from a job before because I'm confident in my abilities, respectful, and kind but Quantum pushed my limits. I was told they had to let me go because I "missed some stuff," with a client. I wasn't told what that "stuff" was, although I asked multiple times. I had worked for the client for over 6 months and I was trusted and on good terms with them. I was told by people in other divisions that my "numbers (auditing) was good," however, I'm inclined to believe the reason I was fired is unfair and a lie. The person who fired me didn't give me an exact answer as to why I was terminated, so he just told me that he couldn't find work for me (there's plenty) and he had to let me go, I costed the company too much money, and that he didn't want to schedule me as part-time. Pretty much looked for any reason to fire me.
Pros
If you work a 9 hour day you get compensated for lunch, travel experience, (Maybe but don't bet on it) a company car
Cons
Sleep deprivation, You'll be patronized, untrustworthy, morally lacking, 10+ hour days, company may not want to reimburse you for certain expenses that they MUST compensate you for, late pay.

Want to know more about Quantum Services?

Ask a question
Great hours but has it's challenges
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJune 21, 2016
Hours are great, It's a Monday-Friday schedule Starting as early as 6am, you can train at home and get paid for it. Nice interactions with store management, they will help you and I always help if I can.
Titan is easy once you get the hang of the 10-key on it. The job doesn't get boring you interact with new people everyday as you go to different stores. In the Saint Louis district we get to do Hybrid Audits, Scan Audits, and Financial Audits. I've learned something different each day.

Cons
Keep a soda or coffee on hand while on the road, driving sometimes is longer than the actual work. Minimum wage for the drive time vs. the Store time. Direct Management has a lack of communication and expects you to know what your doing without prior training which can cause a headache even if you are trying your best. You will not know, without being taught.

Advice to Management
Consistent training plans, hands on. Communication, patience, and leadership needs more support. Invest time with the little people and they will stay longer and become your investment.

The good with this company is our Audits are some of the best ones I've seen.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Travel, Travel Pay, Hotels, Different Locations Everyday
Cons
Training programs could be better. Leadership issues.
The Most Valuable Company
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2016
Quantum Services is the definition of making you feel like Family, Fun, High Energetic Company, Displays and Practices Company Core Values, One of my favorite Jobs ever
Pros
Quantum Makes You Feel Valuable
Cons
Travel
Awesome work environment
Flowback Operator/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 7, 2015
Didn't know much about this side of the oildield, but once I started with company I was determine to be the best or one of the best in the company.
Great Work Place.
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2015
Great management. Great Recognition. Great Work Place. Very comfortable feel and enjoyable job. Co-workers were friendly and supportive as well as management.
Pros
Great Job Recognition.
Cons
N/a
Driving all over Southern California
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 28, 2015
Good starting pay, coworkers were helpful. Managers would help us when we needed it but were left alone for the most part
great place to work for
ITEM LEVEL SCAN AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  york paApril 22, 2015
great place to work for but long days and lots of driving.. freindley people.. always working with you as a team...hard working. goal reacher
Pros
freindle people
Cons
long distances
Learned a lot. Interesting people.
Inventory Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 6, 2015
I learned a lot of the inventory portions of convenience stores. Management took good care of me. We were a small crew. My co workers were fun to be around. Traveled to different locations everyday. Hardest part of the job was some of the managers we had to interact with.
Horrible experience
District Manager/ Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 28, 2015
You wake up at 4:00 am drive for about 2-6 hours per day as well as work 6-10 hours in store. They don't really care about the employees like they say. They will tell you one thing and do another. Only good thing is district managers get a company car because you will drive for 20-30 hours a week.
Pros
company car for District manager
Cons
long hours, not very trustworthy
Fast paced environment where accuracy was crucial.
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 7, 2014
I would start my work day driving to the first location. I would go into the convenient stores and would make my presence known. Then proceed to begin getting ready for work and immediately start counting all the sellable product in and outside the store, I was part of a small crew and we were getting very fast at our kind of audit,

My boss happened to be my brother and that was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. The hardest part would have to be the unknown schedule and not knowing when I would be home most days.

I learned a completely different environment to the business world. Having a base knowledge of mostly warehousing and most experience on a forklift and in the environment it was different to learn a more technical job.
Pros
We got plenty of hours, lunch allowance after a 12 hour shift. Very good and supportive company.
Cons
Lots of time away from family, Lots of time on the road.
a good work enviorment to progress in
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2013
waking up going to work and giving my all to the job at hand so i know that the customer and myself are both pleased with the out come of the inventory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quantum Services. Our community is ready to answer.