Quantum Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs ever.
Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 30, 2017
Configure and repair desk tops for chamber/environmental test.
Perform bench test for reliability on disk drives.
Management was great.
Culture refreshing.
Nothing difficult.
Regular shirts with company and product logos.
Pros
Good pay, good environment.
Cons
None.
Over all good to employees
Process Engineering Tech / PCS (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2017
The entire experience was great until the business was moved overseas. Part of the business remains but I was laid off in the transition. They had a very diverse culture
Great people
Buyer / Planner II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 25, 2017
It has been a few years since I've worked at this company and there have been many changes.
When I worked there, we were in the middle of multiple RIF's and company acquisitions that made it very unstable. Things appear to have settled.
The people were the best I have ever worked with.
The job offered continuous opportunities for growth, but not much for advancement.
The pay was decent and the benefits were above average.
Quantum Review
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 16, 2017
I worked at Quantum for 42 years. It wasn't always Quantum. It evolved over time by a series of mergers, acquisitions, name changes, etc. I performed a variety of tasks at Quantum, but everything I did was in the data protection arena. I started out as a technician and worked my way up to manage local and national service teams. Eventually I took on a role as a Strategic Account Manager. This is the role I had until I was laid off in March 2017. As a SAM, I was assigned some of our largest customers (Intel, Microsoft, and others). I was dedicated to making sure that my assigned accounts remained loyal to Quantum. I did this by being a single point of contact and by meeting with each customer on a regular basis to review support activities, new projects, etc. I was also available on a 24 x 7 basis to manage escalations.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working directly with customers and being allowed to build strong relationships over time. This relationship helped us get through the escalations that are almost certain to happen during any relationship.

Near the end of my career Quantum was reorganizing a lot and as a result, several strategic account were removed from SAM support and we had to pick of several new "short term" accounts. This was very challenging because I was always starting from scratch with each customer and never really had time to work on a relationship.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Being available on a 24 x 7 basis was stressful
Kind of boring
Alliance/Partner Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2017
It's backup software, targets and libraries. Very boring infrastructure that I thought would be dead 10 years ago. Tough business with competition and cloud.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Dying infrastructure strategy; cloud competition
Good rank & file. Poor executive leadership.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2017
There is an entrenched executive leadership gang in the northwest that goes to great lengths to protect their positions. This causes quite a bit of stratification across the company. It's very difficult to move upward or even get anything significant done at this company unless you are part of the gang.
Great first job out of college
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 10, 2017
This was my first job out of college. It taught me all I know about customer service, product road maps, return authorizations and the shipping and receiving process.
Pros
Great management
Cons
high turn over in the call center
Too much time has passed to give an accurate review.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 6, 2017
Too much time has passed to be able to provide an accurate review. I experienced a work environment that was very competitive and fast-paced with a managment team that was very driven and aggressive.
Fun working with other employees. Owners were nice easy to talk to.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 23, 2017
It was a good opportunity to further electrical skills. You get to work on a lot of different jobs. The owners were pretty easy to talk to and would suggest things if asked.
Fun, but has big layoffs.
Service Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 13, 2017
Great culture, with motivated people. Unfortunately, job security is nil.

Management took over a major product line with no clue how to make it profitable.
Pros
Good culture, professionals really provide support.
Cons
When management screws up, the employees suffer.
Super fun company, great environment, great people
Senior Software Engineer, team leader and manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 20, 2017
Wow, Quantum really had the best tape drives in the market with their series of DLT tapes. They had a great profit margin on the tapes themselves. Unfortunately the LTO consortium ate their lunch and put Quantum out of business.
Pros
Great environment in Boulder Colorado.
Cons
Went out of business in the tape drive market.
great work environment
contracts/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 19, 2017
a great place to work. very fast pace, very detail oriented, and you will stay busy.
the environment is great and co workers even greater.
job security, not so great.
Company has changed a lot since I was there, can't say who they are anymore.
Sr. Manager/ Principle Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 29, 2016
Worked advanced technology and platform design when I was working there. Quantum has always been a backup, archive company.
Quantum was changing from a HW company to SW company when I left, but it wasn't working well for them.
Difficulties for freelance to feel valued
Front End Developer / Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 21, 2016
I loved my experience there, and I am very grateful of all the experiences I gain. However, I noticed that only the main employees were given important tasks and had their project reviews. For us freelance it felt like we didn't matter as much.

I want to be part of a team and want to feel that my hard work is being notice and use often. I don't like to feel invisible when i put the same amount of work and even more.
Was a great job
Tech I/Test Trainer/Operator III/IV (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CODecember 6, 2016
Great job, good hours, good pay, management worked with you, but the job and company are gone. Poor planning, and in high tech that can cost you a lot, like the company.
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
out of business
Great place to work and learn. Always challenging.
Electronics Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 27, 2016
The best job I ever had. Great people who always made you feel like part of the team. Learned latest technology techniques and use of top tier test equipment. Management was always supportive encouraging when assigning tasks.
The best so far
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Colfax, NCSeptember 14, 2016
I have been working at the Quantum Group Inc for a little over 2 years now. I have meet a lot of nice and interesting people while working there and have made friends with quite a few of my co workers and supervisors. The work is long and at times can be rough but nothing that isn't manageable. Overall i like this company and would like to further my endeavors there. The only thing that keeps me looking for another job is that even though i like the people i work with, the possibilities as an operator climbing the ladder are very low. The only time someone in my position can move up is if there is an immediate need for a position. It is not based on how good you are at your job, rather on if they need you or not. And this also falls under their review system. The only way you can get any kind of raise is if you constantly annoy your head supervisor or threaten to leave the company (if that even works). All in all it is a good job with good people but i am not looking for a job anymore im looking for a career.
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out storage, archive and data protection, providing intelligent solutions for capturing, sharing and preserving d
Facilities Planner (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2016
With over 1,500 employees around the world we’re everywhere from Orange County to New Delhi, and we celebrate our global culture and move together as a company. Cross-functional collaboration and strategic teamwork is behind everything we do, internally and externally. From Marketing to HR to Engineering, Quantum is filled with some of the best and the brightest.
Your life is more than just work. At Quantum, we promote a fun, rewarding and real world work-life balance.
Pros
Great people to work with at all levels.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIJune 7, 2016
I learned a lot working for Quantum Services that included computers and handheld computers. I loved working with the public.
Pros
I had a different place to work everyday
Cons
a lot of travel
A positive place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 30, 2016
A very positive work culture. Job security is fair. To many layoffs. The company needs to sell more equipment and fast. Management is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quantum. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval