Quantum Employee Reviews in United States

Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIJune 7, 2016
I learned a lot working for Quantum Services that included computers and handheld computers. I loved working with the public.
Pros
I had a different place to work everyday
Cons
a lot of travel
A positive place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 30, 2016
A very positive work culture. Job security is fair. To many layoffs. The company needs to sell more equipment and fast. Management is good.
The only issue was working as a temp
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2016
I loved working for Quantum. If I didn't then I wouldn't have stayed for four years as a contract employee. Management was fabulous. When my father died and my employment agency wouldn't pay for bereavement I was told to fill out my time card for the week as if I had been there and go home. Every end of quarter when people had to work overtime meals would be catered by a local restaurant. Periodically we would have a company party in the cafeteria. The only issue was that they maintained a ratio of permanent to contract employees and there were a lot of us who never got converted to regular.
Excellent work culture. Excellent management. Good compensation. Very good place to work.
Expatriate Engineer at Panasonic - Japan (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 15, 2016
Typical day was morning status meeting, code development, group working sessions, code development, afternoon action meeting
Learned team work. Developed management skills. Developed sense of urgency.
Management was excellent.
co-workers were very easy to work with mainly due to our interviewing and hiring process
Frequent trips to Japan for 2-3 weeks duration.
Expatriate assignment in Japan. Dealing with different culture..
Pros
Excelent working culture. Very good compensation. Challenging work
Cons
Constant travelling
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMay 11, 2016
Didn't work here long enough to write a review.

Took Care of me while in school with less hours so i can accomplish my goals.

Good atmosphere, but lacks on benefits.
Quantum
Operations Research Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 18, 2016
I was hired as an expert to work on Government projects. I had to review data, conduct research, and formulate underlying issues to resolve them. Worked with other coworkers to get input, and helped to improve their work some were collaborative and some were not.
The leadership was great, and HR was always helpful. They care about their employees, and mentored us. Benefits are great, and having flexibility in work hours when needed for family.
Pros
Cons
contracts
Best employer I have had
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 11, 2016
Excellent work environment. I was blessed with a manager that took the time and effort to ensure my business development. Allowed me the autonomy to work through any challenges but always had an open door to discuss solutions.
Overall it wasn't terrible.
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 13, 2016
Would have continued with them but I am being laid off. The work is mindless and tedious, but the pay was better than most unskilled jobs in my area.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Tediousness
Very good high tech company.
QA Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 2, 2015
Products quality analysis on result of errors rate tests, accelerated life tests, and reliability tests. Perform test with environment chamber, load and unload robots, four corner drop test.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Too much politic
This company moved all manufacturing from Colorado Springs Colorado to ASIA
SENIOR MASTER SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2015
May people lost there jobs after moving manufacturing from Colorado to ASIA. All received 90 days notice. Before the move of manufacturing this was a good place to work
Pros
great location and great people.
Cons
large downsize of company

Want to know more about Quantum?

Ask a question
Great people
DXi Platform - R&D Lead Hardware Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2015
Other than constant layoffs and job insecurity, it is great culture, great people, great work and I have had very positive experience here.
I learned a lot!
Executive Assistant to President HDD (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 17, 2015
Job responsibilities included:
• 50 hours per week supporting the President of Hard Disk Drive Business
• Proactively manage extremely fluid and changing MS Outlook calendars. Schedule meetings, conference calls and gather/prepare materials as needed. Act as the liaison with internal and external contacts on all matters relating to scheduling and logistics.
• Research and confirm all domestic and international travel arrangements. Research and book conference rooms for meetings at outside hotels or airline clubs, as necessary.
• Prepare and modify correspondence, such as scheduling requests, client contracts, report templates, etc. Perform internet research as needed and provide summary to consultants.
• Manage incoming emails & calls, deliver/communicate accurate messages and action items. Ask probing questions in order to respond effectively and efficiently.
• Manage and prepare all expense reports/invoices and receipts. Perform account reconciliation to ensure that all expenses are appropriately allocated.
• Assist with large project coordination as needed. Coordinate with internal and external team members to schedule meetings, ensure calendar/timeline aligns with project plan, participate in team calls, assist with data compilation, etc.
• Complete special projects as requested.
Pros
Challenging and fun!
Cons
I would leave work with a tight jaw from the stress!
Provided direct engineering support to the sales force.
Sales Engineer Solid State Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MASeptember 2, 2015
I worked with the Solid State marketing director. On any given day we would meet with customers to determine their need for our product. I would demonstrate the product, explain how it worked and why it was the best choice for their application. In most cases I would install a small RAID on one of their systems so a comparison could be between their current RAID and one consisting of solid state drives. I would meet with their engineering groups and answer any additional questions about our product and other possible applications within their systems.
Pros
Always a new challenge
Cons
Sometimes the customer didn't want the product because of cost
I was working at Quantum at the Computer Tape driver division, I was enjoyed while there.
Engineering Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 27, 2015
Quantum was a good place to work for many years, due to the recession, the company had to reduce workforce, I'm one of them got laid off.
Team oriented
Senior Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 7, 2015
Juggled multiple projects concurrently including but not limited to:

1. New product installations.
2. Running customer POCs (Proof of concept)
3. Managing customer experience.
4. Break fix troubleshooting and escalation.
5. Proactive product maintenance.
6. Assist with new product serviceability and training
7. Technical lead for local service team.
8. Integrate and troubleshoot customer ecosystem environments.

I learned how to bridge communications across multi group/department projects during global product launches in the disk based backup, deduplication, Stornext appliances and Big Data.
Collaborative and Friendly Environment
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 28, 2015
Quantom has provided a tremendous amount of opportunity for me to work closely with engineers who were friendly and patient in teaching me a lot of new skills. As a technician, it was a collaborative environment where I was free and encouraged to exchange ideas with my coworkers within the engineering team. I really enjoyed my time and job at Hitachi.
Fun place to work Ex: company bar-be-ques, Christmas parties and awards given for productivity.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2015
I enjoyed the work, company bar-be-ques, Christmas parties, special group events for making goals and personal awards for productivity.
Pros
company activities, recognitions and awards
Cons
company lay off before becoming FT Quantum from Staffing Solutions
High volume manufacturing
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2015
Assembly-line mechanical assembly and testing of tape drive units. Repeative but not boring. High attention to detail.
Pros
Great work environment
Was a good place to work
Material Handler 2 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs CoJune 26, 2015
Was a very good place to work I made new friends that I still keep in touch with I liked the 4 day work week all the mangers were good at there jobs.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
layed off
It was fun, people were great to work with.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2015
It was physical job but it was easy, fun people were nice to each other, the ramp experience was nice. Management wasn't the best, the hardest part of the job was in the winter, when it was snowy and icy grounds hard to push and pull the cans into the trailer.
Cons
no benefits