QUANTUM

QUANTUM Employee Reviews

Quantum Corporation
Inventory Control Analysis II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 16, 2015
Quantum Corporation was a great company to work for; I gained a vast amount of experience and skills over the years there. I had many opportunities to learn and changes job functions; the benefits and compensation packages were very competitive.
Great higher industry pay, high paced, hard working individuals
Data management (Current Employee), Englewood, COMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great products
Cons: Poor management/no training
Great place to get healthy in the industry. Constant change and low loyalty in the sales organization. Regional Sales Managers trump all else and receive all resources with all the entry level cold calling falling to the inside sales team included with deal tracking, channel management and reporting.

Training is not a priority of this company. It is decidedly your responsibility to seek out and educate yourself on what you are selling, how the process is run and who to ask for help.

Management is not willing to teach, instead only focused on bottom line numbers.

All that said, the products are solid, the company is growing and the atmosphere is fast paced.
Leading Edge, Fun place to work
Senior Packaging Engineer (Former Employee), Milpitas, CaMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed my days at Quantum, they cared for their people and paid good wages.
I was the Packaging Engineer
My co-workers were fun to work with
Great place to work at!
Process Operations Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAApril 12, 2015
However, the company does not produce hard disk drives anymore. They merged with Maxtor, which later merged with Seagate. I think Quantum has a small tape drive business. It was a good place to work when they were in the disk drive business.
Production area is fun and enjoyable work place.
Total Quality Inspection (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunches
Cons: healthcare not so good as temp of course
Everyday works are easy to learn, good and nice co-workers and nice environment. Leads are easy to get along with and I recommend to anyone its a good company.
Not the best place to work but better than fast food
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee), RIchmond VAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: pay you store time and minimum wage for drive time, get mileage
Cons: clietns can pick and choose when to leave dont sign contracts, so no job security unless youre promoted to dm, starting dm positions dont pay enough to relocate your family to another state
Wake up between 430 and 530 am depending on how far away from the store you live. Start at 6. Your skill level depends on how fast you finish the first store. Then most of the time you have a second store at 12. Sometimes you work with others if the store is big enough sometimes you don't. Sometimes you have one store, two stores, three stores, or no stores. This job is very inconsistent. You get paid hourly so the worse you are at the job the more you get paid. But there is a productivity grade and if you get below that you might be let go. They want you to work hard so they can get their store done faster so they don't have to pay you as much.
Solid company, great people and a good learing experience.
Inventory Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 4, 2015
It was my first job out of college. They were willing to give me a chance. I learned a lot of valuable auditing, accounting and business skills. Everyday was a different experience.
Procurement Specialist III (Lead) (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2015
Good people
Fair Payment Structure
Opportunity to advance and ability to learn different functions of the business
Only work here if you want to be treated like you know nothing.
Sr PHP Engineer (Internet Engineering Team) (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great team.
Cons: horrible manager, horrible team lead architect, working with him was a constant mind game, he called his team names, once called us a team of stupid monkeys, he spread negative rumors about everyone on the team as his way of getting us to do what he wanted
A former engineer took over the team in roughly August of 2013. It was a disaster from the beginning as he started out broadcasting he only wanted to have the manager title to promote his own career and his ideas. There was not one day going forward where this new "manager" actually tried to or succeeded in managing anyone on the team, complementing anyone for all the overtime or excellent work, managing the project, or handling himself in a professional manner.

Senior management cared very little about the negative treatment and unprofessionalism (both private and public) that was handed down to every developer on the team for reasons unknown to any of us. The new "manager" (which I put in quotes because he was anything but a manager) probably suffered from some pretty severe self-image issues, and took the new role as his opportunity to take out his past on us. They finally demoted the "manager" once 2 of 5 PHP developers left. In the end, it was clear the only skill the "manager" had was painting every one on his team in a negative light, and promoting himself.

First, don't put people in management positions you know can't manage. Second, be mature enough to admit that you made a mistake publically and fix the bad situations you created.

The engineer that used to manage the team is still the lead architect and runs the team as of January 2015. Stay away!
Challenges and training where available to me on multiple opportunities in multiple departments and I enjoyed them immensely.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Milpitas, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: constant opportunities to improve one’s job skills, along with given the tools in order to accomplish these possibilities was extremely phenomenal.
Cons: due to merger with maxtor, a reduction in force of 800 people, very generous severance packages where issued to all employees.
Supervised numerous employees within a new products implementation department for testing purposes prior to mass production. This required working closely with Engineering, Planning and Logistics departments in order to implement a customer specific driven bar code data base which allowed visibility for a worldwide planning database for master scheduling purposes.
Multiple employees where supervised in numerous Logistic Departments for all receipts, shipments, inventory management, warranty returns, offsite storage management that where in a mass production phase. Daily scheduled meetings with multiple departments to ensure that all shipments according to the master scheduling requirements and stock availability where conducted. Meeting scheduling requirements while maintaining ongoing and always changing training requirements was an enjoyable experience.
Fun loving and pays attention to detail.
Training Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: over time was avabil.
Cons: too much detial
Preparing food in an accurate and well styled manner. I have learned patience and accuracy in completing the job. The management was helpful and very challenging when the time was wright. I say the hardest part was the detail of the plating I had to learn fast. the most enjoyable part was getting to know the people who worked there.
Great People
Manufacturing Test Engineer II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 23, 2014
People can make any environment great. The company is outsourcing manufacturing again, therefore several hundred people have been reduced.
Quantum Group, LLC is a sharply focussed company
Founder and President (Current Employee), New York metropolitan areaOctober 22, 2014
Quantum Group, LLC is a strong, non-asset based, full service logistics firm managing hundreds of domestic, international and country to country shipments annually on behalf of a variety of organizations. They do quality work, on time in a professional, timely and cost effective manner.
My co workers are the best
Supplier Quality Engineering (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoAugust 7, 2014
My experience at Quantum was great. I have fond memories of the people I met and worked with there.
Productive work and Play makes everyone happy and gay
Assembler III/Production Auditor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 30, 2014
Pros: social events like b-b q and paloozas are fun activities we all enjoyed.
Cons: there are times we ran out of parts, test machines were down, i.e.. we needed to rush to expedite the schedules.
Working at Quantum in a typical day, early in the morning, our supervisor had a daily meeting with the group leads to discuss any concerns and issues that needs immediate attention and what are the priorities that needs to be worked on to meet our daily, weekly and monthly schedules. Then, it will be relayed to all of us what needs to be prioritized. We have to prepare all the required parts to be assembled in order to meet our schedule.
We learned a lot of new things everyday, if we are not busy or just finished our work, we assist other areas that needs help or cross train some people to learn new processes.
Working with co workers is like family, everybody knows each other and spent lots of hours working together. It is interesting to work with people with different backgrounds and cultures, we learn a lot from each other.
The hardest part of the job is during end of the quarters; we staggered our time schedules due to longer hours. Some come in early in the morning and some stay late at night for several days to ensure our schedules are met. Free breakfast, lunch and dinners were served during that period.
The best part comes in later after the hard work...plant manager will gather everyone by groups and thanked us for the hard work we all rendered and we were all given half days and sometimes a day off with pay provided we all cleaned the area sparkling clean and in order.
We also celebrated summer by singing karaoke, playing volley ball and many other fun holiday activities as well.
It was a good place to work; management treated us really well.
great for flex time
Medical and Legal Interpreter - Hebrew/Spanish (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, never a hassle if interfering with other things. friendly staff, interesting coworkers and very cool situations.
Cons: on call always, only way to make your month is by constantly asking for more hours....
Its a wonderful career opportunity where one can learn so much in so many different scopes of the healthcare and legal fields.

Allows for work life balance as one seems necessary for their own needs.

Very friendly, and understandable schedulers.
Great location with a good reputation
Production Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2014
Supervisor at an early age

Learned how to become a leader

Intelligent leadership

Friendly co-workers

Deadlines

Great salary
Good coworkers, slightly hectic management and work environment
Data Entrant/Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee), Petersburg, IllinoisJuly 16, 2014
A good place to work, if you can keep it separate from your home life. Depending on your position this can be impossible to very easy. Management is swamped, but that is because they are a rapidly growing and thriving small business. There is a lot you can learn here; I have gained more than a basic grasp of SQL and excel in my time there, as well as lots of general information and computer skills. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the needs of management, which are sometimes rather ephemeral and constantly shifting. The coworkers are very nice and while not always patient(it can be a stressful environment) are willing to teach and explain. Not great benefits, but if you need a job then this is far from the worst place to work.
Good people Good work environment
Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee), ColoradoJuly 4, 2014
Upper management can't find direction. Has been a good place to work with a decent culture. They tend to lay off at least every couple years and generally more often. When things get tough they lay off.
Great benefits and work schedule.
Production Lead III (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 24, 2014
Too much upper management and executive turn-over for the business to be run effectively.

1 2 3 4

About QUANTUM

Established in 1982 in Hong Kong, Quantum Data Systems (QDS) is an independent distributor of branded IT and facility solutions, – Read more