QuarterLine Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent Company, Excellent Reputation
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 28, 2016
I love working for QuarterLine. The management team is experienced and highly respected within the commercial consulting and government contracting industries. The management team diligently works to ensure all employees are treated fairly with access to the most comprehensive compensation packages available.
Pros
work life balance, paid leave, comprehensive benefits plan
Employees are treated as part of a family
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 8, 2016
We have teamwork. Management is willing to listen to ideas and be a part of the team. Most of the co-workers have been together for a long time. I really enjoy going to work at QuarterLine
Great company to work for
Licensed Clinical Social Worker-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMApril 21, 2016
I really miss the professional respect the company portrays with all of their employees. As an employee, you are respected and treated like a professional, no micro-managing at this company.
Pros
Honesty and respect
First time contractor
Family Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMMay 15, 2014
This was my first time working as a contractor and I loved every minute of it! I learned a lot about a new job position and about the different options that are out there, especially on military bases. My management and supervision team were excellent! All very helpful and supportive and informative whenever I had questions or issues, they were on top of the ball. My favorite part of this job was the others I worked with and along side of, to include Commanders and First Shirts on the base. I met a lot of great people and learned a lot about myself and my abilities and my personality as well.
Pros
Comp time, paid time off, and healthcare
Cons
Paperwork for requested time off

Comment – April 23, 2016

We are always looking for ways to improve the overall experience of our employees. We appreciate your positive comments about the management team. In the coming months, we will be launching a new online time off request tool for our employees, reducing the amount of paperwork required.

Comment – May 6, 2016

Excellent people on the team.
Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2015
All employees pitch in and give much more than expected for the business to be successful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working together to accomplish goals and objectives.
Contractor
Medical Social Worker (Special Needs Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 24, 2015
I haven't been working for this company very long. It seems like a great agency to get your foot in door with government/military job.
Beware of working at wpafb!
ED Paramedic (Former Employee) –  WPAFBJuly 18, 2014
Sure, working as a paramedic on an Air Force base sounds high-speed, low-drag, but it isn't!

First off, if you do take the job, don't plan on keeping it for any length of time. I was promised a 3 year contract, only to get the ax not even one full year later! The contractors before me got the axe after 7 months! Bottom line, the USAF is in financial turmoil, so have a back up plan. They are CLEANING HOUSE when it comes to civilian positions, especially contractors. There was a contractor that was there for 8 years and he got the axe.

You have no autonomy. You MUST call the base MD on every Pt you pick up and they will tell you what to do or not to do. You can make your recommendations, but ultimately it's the MD's call. And again, with the USAF being in financial turmoil, MDs are being pressured into bringing as many Pt's back to the base hospital as possible, even if it means another Tx to another more appropriate facility.

There is no oversight on the EMS side of the house. Sure, Pt care in the ED is your primary job, but no time or training is devoted to the EMS side... NONE whatsoever. Filthy (inside and out) ambulances, not properly stocked, EMS personnel not knowing how to get to where they're going (can't use GPS on base), staff not knowing SOPs, staff not knowing where anything is located at all inside the ambulance or the ED for that matter.

As a civilian, and especially as a contractor, you are an outsider. Sure, you'll be accepted as part of the team by fellow medics and techs, but as far as leadership is concerned, you are an untouchable. No chance for
  more... extra responsibilities, leadership roles no matter how knowledgeable you may be. They will NOT keep your certifications up, they will NOT provide for your medical needs pertaining to the job (vaccinations, TB test, etc.) you are on your own!

I don't know about this company, but the one I worked for was making health insurance MANDATORY. So if you're a young, healthy person that doesn't need health insurance, you need to get some. The company doesn't provide it for you since you're a contractor. So it's EXPENSIVE! and if you "opt out" of insurance, you automatically get signed up for whatever insurance company they decide to use, and once again, being a contractor position, it is EXPENSIVE!

The only good thing about the job was working with some good people most of the techs, RNs, MDs were pretty good, just watch out for the ones in leadership roles. The schedule when I was there was excellent. They were pretty flexible, but that was probably because the contract originally called for four 10 hour shifts Monday through Friday 0700-1700, but that changed once we were hired on. It changed to four 10 hour shifts weekly, day or night. But as long as we had 40 hours per week, everyone was happy. But it sounds like they are trying to change it to get the contractors on a Panama schedule along with everyone else. But whatever it is, it will be 40 straight hours per week. No overtime. Federal holidays off, 8 hours provided for each holiday.

If your contract does get the axe by USAF, they're not allowed to tell you. It's up to your contract company to tell you, so it could be days, weeks, months before you find out.

Always have a back up plan!
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, uncertaintity of contract position

Comment – April 23, 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. We appreciate you sharing your concerns about the long-term uncertainty of contracts. The majority of our employees support a Government contract as "contractor personnel" and these contracts are generally 12 months or more in duration. In most cases, the contract is transitioned to a new contractor at the end of a multi-year contract period, but the position remains in place. We have implemented a new program management model focused on regular employee communication. The contract period/duration is discussed upfront and any changes are communicated in advance to better help employees prepare for a transition, if necessary.

Comment – May 6, 2016