Queen Mary Employee Reviews

great work experience and loads of fun
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 10, 2017
it was a really good experience , taught me how to become a public speaker also with my communication skills , if possible would love the pleasure of working there again
The food and guests were a pleasure
Server/Bartender/trainer/ (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2017
I did not have a great experience in this job. I had never had to go months without pay before. It would take a month to get paid. We were not told the business was closing until the day it closed. It went from extremely busy to no business at all. I was very sad that I would not see all the regular guests anymore.
Pros
the guests
Cons
the management
a fun place to work
open day ambassador (Former Employee) –  CampusMay 25, 2017
Very good place to work where it was productive and interactive.
I learnt to interact with different age groups and was able to give advice on their worries.
The hardest part of the job was able to lead large groups of people through out the campus.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to communicate with visitors in a richer way as well as share my enthusiasm for the university
queen mary
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 28, 2017
great people .. positive environment good team work not enough hours but love to be around the ocean ...get to meet new people from all over the world
Pros
team work 100%
Cons
seasonally
Great Place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 31, 2017
Loved it , regret leaving. Good bosses fun coworkers. Great money if you hustle for it. Only downside is no real room for growth. You come in a manager or you never get promoted.
Pros
Free lunch good money
Cons
Seniority
Enjoyable
Accounts Payable and Revenue (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I started out as Accounts Receivable as the company was taken over I moved to Tours Revenue. I learned how to do the revenue intake for the tours section of the Queen May. We mostly were too busy to talk but we had good relations between the workers. Well once again there are no hard parts but when I was given the position of Tours Revenue I had no idea on how to do that job but I learned and all went well.
Lack leadership,direction and not to trusted
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2017
no direction, no planning, no teamwork, all about ego
Hired friends, who can't work evening and on holidays.
Management sugar coat to con hourly staff
Pros
staff
Cons
too many cons
Best work experience and benefits
Junior waiter and waiter (Former Employee) –  Atlantic oceanJanuary 19, 2017
I was working as a waiter on the Queen Mary 2. I was promoted three times in two years. My mother was diagnosed with cancer and came back home to take care of her.
Pros
Free living and food.
Cons
Long hours.
Very good work environment
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  EntranceJanuary 11, 2017
I love to be apart of this team. I have been there for a couple of years and know all the worker. I feel very comfortable at this job.I have good communication workers in this job they run it like a team of some sort very organize..
A fun but professional place to work in
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 16, 2016
What I l learned is that it's very important to work as team. If you explain your situation in what ever it may be, the management will hear you out. The hardest part sometimes is the parking. It can get really crowded. I just enjoyed the atmosphere and how it made our gueast happy when they come visit.
great place
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 8, 2016
the staff was very open and helpful as they were just new comers not to long ago. they help you learn the place inside and out. my typical wasn't very typical as there was a verity of operations to be done. the hardest part of the job is when the customer gets upset but luckily that rarely happens.
Pros
free lunch and cold water
Cons
high tax
productive and fun place to work.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 1, 2015
Typical day at work is helping the guest with their luggage and escort them to their room or help them to their part/event in one of the banquet room.
I gain great experience, people skills, and communication.
My colleagues and I get a long very well and we all help each other through out the busy days .
Hardest part of my job is having to assist with despondent guest.
I enjoy working with my colleagues
Pros
great hours, flexible schedules .
Cons
the salary, not great apportunities for promo
Creative and entertaining enviornment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 13, 2015
Up beat, positive, friendly atmosphere. Assisting and directing customers. Greet customers, accountable for relieving co workers for breaks and lunch. Co workers became family being the atmosphere the bosses set.
Queen Mary Cashiering Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work after changing into our uniforms would be to clean up our work station and make sure everything is set up properly and in its place. The skills that I learned from having this job is how to operate a cash register. To be something I've never done before I caught on quite quickly and always performed tasks exceptionally. My co-workers were very easy to work with and made me feel comfortable. The hardest part about the job was dealing with indecisive customers. Sometimes there were people who would order something, and after putting the order in on the register, they would change at the last minute. Although frustrating, I always kept a smile on my face and remained polite. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace environment. Once the people made an order, I call it in, and then it's ready. Seeing the long lines to me meant it was going to be a good day. I loved the nonstop action because it made work fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunch, Interaction with customers.
Cons
Slow at times
Good place to learn how to work in a fast pace.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2015
The Queen Mary is a beast there is always something going on so it makes it a good place to learn how to think on your feet. the down side is there is not much room to grow.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, union.
Cons
not much room to grow.
fun work place
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 25, 2015
meet new people made new friends it was amazing, it was a fun place always smiling and laughing just having a good time, i enjoyed going to work knowing i get to answer people question.
Cons
pay was to low
awesome
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 21, 2015
geat place great food great atmosphere and a really fun place to work the staff is what makes it so much fun i loved working for dark harbor and CHILL
happy but hard
Singa Ship Management Philippines (Current Employee) –  southamptomJanuary 5, 2015
my duty starts in the morning till evening as housekeeping im cleaning the public are , the cabin , the hall way , all area that the passenger will used we are assigned to keep it clean and accomadating.
ive learned many things , i encounter different kinds of people, different countries, how to mingle with them, how to be with them as a co worker, ive learned that in this kind of job you need a patience and hardworking.
the hardest part of this job was when i leave my family just to provide them what they need, and most importantly some circumstances criticism is always there, but for me even though how hard my job was, i gave my 110 percent in my job.
the most enjoyable in this job was you can go around the world and see different countries and culture
Pros
lots of foods
Cons
not enough salary but long working hours
An OK place to work
Parking Ticketing (Former Employee) –  too many people hired, and not enough workOctober 31, 2014
-A typical day at work would consist of selling parking tickets and directing cars.
-I learned how to deal with customers in a critical situation.
- Hardest part of the job would be being out in the sun all day, an getting a really mean sunburn
-I enjoyed the overall experience of learning how a normal parking lot runs.
Pros
30 min lunc break before 5 hours, and 10 minute break before and after break
Worst Management ever
Account Manager/Lead Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  long beachSeptember 24, 2014
This place was crazy, they are not up to date on their computers or printers it made work so hard to do when you had to walk down the hall to print something, management changes all the time with new rules and their is no team spirit here its everyone for themselves
Pros
free lunch