Queen Mary

Queen Mary Employee Reviews

Good place to learn how to work in a fast pace.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good pay, union.
Cons: not much room to grow.
The Queen Mary is a beast there is always something going on so it makes it a good place to learn how to think on your feet. the down side is there is not much room to grow.
fun work place
Usher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 25, 2015
Cons: pay was to low
meet new people made new friends it was amazing, it was a fun place always smiling and laughing just having a good time, i enjoyed going to work knowing i get to answer people question.
awesome
Usher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 21, 2015
geat place great food great atmosphere and a really fun place to work the staff is what makes it so much fun i loved working for dark harbor and CHILL
happy but hard
Singa Ship Management Philippines (Current Employee), southamptomJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: lots of foods
Cons: not enough salary but long working hours
my duty starts in the morning till evening as housekeeping im cleaning the public are , the cabin , the hall way , all area that the passenger will used we are assigned to keep it clean and accomadating.
ive learned many things , i encounter different kinds of people, different countries, how to mingle with them, how to be with them as a co worker, ive learned that in this kind of job you need a patience and hardworking.
the hardest part of this job was when i leave my family just to provide them what they need, and most importantly some circumstances criticism is always there, but for me even though how hard my job was, i gave my 110 percent in my job.
the most enjoyable in this job was you can go around the world and see different countries and culture
An OK place to work
Parking Ticketing (Former Employee), too many people hired, and not enough workOctober 31, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunc break before 5 hours, and 10 minute break before and after break
-A typical day at work would consist of selling parking tickets and directing cars.
-I learned how to deal with customers in a critical situation.
- Hardest part of the job would be being out in the sun all day, an getting a really mean sunburn
-I enjoyed the overall experience of learning how a normal parking lot runs.
Worst Management ever
Account Manager/Lead Event Coordinator (Former Employee), long beachSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
This place was crazy, they are not up to date on their computers or printers it made work so hard to do when you had to walk down the hall to print something, management changes all the time with new rules and their is no team spirit here its everyone for themselves
its a theme park ! how could you not like it ?
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: its a theme park !
Cons: too bad its only a seasonal event
one of the best places you can work for . fun and exciting . Seeing all the happy faces ( during CHILL ) and all the scared yet happy faces ( during DARK HARBOR ) makes your day fulfilling .
best job ever
Busser/ Cashier (Former Employee), long beach caApril 3, 2013
Pros: great lunch great people great work lots of hours
Cons: seniority made hours hell
friendly staff managment and people in general this job was the best and offerd great advancment and really friendly co workers the pay was average but with the free hot meal you get made by professional chefs who can complain
customer service (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch, discounts
Cons: always changing the rules but i got used to it
Enjoyable experience get to work with different customer showing them different activities . The hardest part of the job was trying to make the customer happy getting them what they want.The enjoyable part was watching the customer having a good time having a smile on there face. working with the co-workers was the best because at the end we were all a big family.

March 12, 2013

Do you have a contact person in HR? there's a positon there that I applied to but I don't have contact info for anyone. thanks for checking, really appreciate it!

fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 14, 2012
Pros: free dinner and tickets
Cons: not enough tickets
• Greeting guest and providing outstanding customer service
• Maintaining guest safety in all mazes, attractions and surrounding areas
• Answering guest questions and assisting guests with information about the event
• Staying in constant communication via 2-way radio with Event Leaders
• Monitoring and adjusting attraction queues accordingly, while maintaining cleanliness of the area
• Assisting supervisors by filling out hourly attendance reports
• Conducting Guest Surveys throughout the event
Great experience
Guest Attendant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: perfect hours, met awesome people
Cons: seasonal position
I really enjoyed my position at The Queen Mary. I had the coolest maze to guide everyone through. It was very busy, especially throughout the weekends. Everyone including my co workers were very helpful. I learned to develop skills working with the public and meeting new people. The hardest part was making sure I continued to keep a head count of all guests each night. Despite that, the job was an wonderful experience.
productive and hard working place
Ticket Attendant/etc (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 24, 2012
Pros: great luch breaks. and people
Cons: cant complain ..
a typical day at work. well dealing with a range of 100-1500 people per day can get fustrating but in my work field and expeirence i love the fact that it was challenging to an extent.
i learned that in the every day work academy people are not always jolly but it trained me to handel pressure and certain cercumstances..

July 30, 2012

This was clearly written by HR or management. It is a nice place to work because of most of the hourly employees, the food in the cafeteria is bad, but free. And the management is horrible. It is all about who you know, or who the new owners like (or drink and socialize with on and off the ship).

Why I left the Queen Mary
Builing Engineer (Former Employee), Long Beach CADecember 12, 2011
Pros: queen mary was a nice place to work, management made it hard
Cons: management
I did not like the hours I worked two nights swing and two nights grave. My manager would keep me there after I had punched out ,sometimes for an hour after my shift to get briefing what happen that night during my shift.

About Queen Mary

Located in Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco period decor, and stunning – Read more

Queen Mary Photos