Queen Mary Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 8, 2016
the staff was very open and helpful as they were just new comers not to long ago. they help you learn the place inside and out. my typical wasn't very typical as there was a verity of operations to be done. the hardest part of the job is when the customer gets upset but luckily that rarely happens.
Pros
free lunch and cold water
Cons
high tax
productive and fun place to work.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 1, 2015
Typical day at work is helping the guest with their luggage and escort them to their room or help them to their part/event in one of the banquet room.
I gain great experience, people skills, and communication.
My colleagues and I get a long very well and we all help each other through out the busy days .
Hardest part of my job is having to assist with despondent guest.
I enjoy working with my colleagues
Pros
great hours, flexible schedules .
Cons
the salary, not great apportunities for promo
Creative and entertaining enviornment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 13, 2015
Up beat, positive, friendly atmosphere. Assisting and directing customers. Greet customers, accountable for relieving co workers for breaks and lunch. Co workers became family being the atmosphere the bosses set.
Queen Mary Cashiering Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work after changing into our uniforms would be to clean up our work station and make sure everything is set up properly and in its place. The skills that I learned from having this job is how to operate a cash register. To be something I've never done before I caught on quite quickly and always performed tasks exceptionally. My co-workers were very easy to work with and made me feel comfortable. The hardest part about the job was dealing with indecisive customers. Sometimes there were people who would order something, and after putting the order in on the register, they would change at the last minute. Although frustrating, I always kept a smile on my face and remained polite. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace environment. Once the people made an order, I call it in, and then it's ready. Seeing the long lines to me meant it was going to be a good day. I loved the nonstop action because it made work fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunch, Interaction with customers.
Cons
Slow at times
Good place to learn how to work in a fast pace.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2015
The Queen Mary is a beast there is always something going on so it makes it a good place to learn how to think on your feet. the down side is there is not much room to grow.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, union.
Cons
not much room to grow.
fun work place
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 25, 2015
meet new people made new friends it was amazing, it was a fun place always smiling and laughing just having a good time, i enjoyed going to work knowing i get to answer people question.
Cons
pay was to low
awesome
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 21, 2015
geat place great food great atmosphere and a really fun place to work the staff is what makes it so much fun i loved working for dark harbor and CHILL
happy but hard
Singa Ship Management Philippines (Current Employee) –  southamptomJanuary 5, 2015
my duty starts in the morning till evening as housekeeping im cleaning the public are , the cabin , the hall way , all area that the passenger will used we are assigned to keep it clean and accomadating.
ive learned many things , i encounter different kinds of people, different countries, how to mingle with them, how to be with them as a co worker, ive learned that in this kind of job you need a patience and hardworking.
the hardest part of this job was when i leave my family just to provide them what they need, and most importantly some circumstances criticism is always there, but for me even though how hard my job was, i gave my 110 percent in my job.
the most enjoyable in this job was you can go around the world and see different countries and culture
Pros
lots of foods
Cons
not enough salary but long working hours
An OK place to work
Parking Ticketing (Former Employee) –  too many people hired, and not enough workOctober 31, 2014
-A typical day at work would consist of selling parking tickets and directing cars.
-I learned how to deal with customers in a critical situation.
- Hardest part of the job would be being out in the sun all day, an getting a really mean sunburn
-I enjoyed the overall experience of learning how a normal parking lot runs.
Pros
30 min lunc break before 5 hours, and 10 minute break before and after break
Worst Management ever
Account Manager/Lead Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  long beachSeptember 24, 2014
This place was crazy, they are not up to date on their computers or printers it made work so hard to do when you had to walk down the hall to print something, management changes all the time with new rules and their is no team spirit here its everyone for themselves
Pros
free lunch
its a theme park ! how could you not like it ?
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 26, 2014
one of the best places you can work for . fun and exciting . Seeing all the happy faces ( during CHILL ) and all the scared yet happy faces ( during DARK HARBOR ) makes your day fulfilling .
Pros
its a theme park !
Cons
too bad its only a seasonal event
best job ever
Busser/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  long beach caApril 3, 2013
friendly staff managment and people in general this job was the best and offerd great advancment and really friendly co workers the pay was average but with the free hot meal you get made by professional chefs who can complain
Pros
great lunch great people great work lots of hours
Cons
seniority made hours hell
customer service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Enjoyable experience get to work with different customer showing them different activities . The hardest part of the job was trying to make the customer happy getting them what they want.The enjoyable part was watching the customer having a good time having a smile on there face. working with the co-workers was the best because at the end we were all a big family.
Pros
free lunch, discounts
Cons
always changing the rules but i got used to it
fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 14, 2012
• Greeting guest and providing outstanding customer service
• Maintaining guest safety in all mazes, attractions and surrounding areas
• Answering guest questions and assisting guests with information about the event
• Staying in constant communication via 2-way radio with Event Leaders
• Monitoring and adjusting attraction queues accordingly, while maintaining cleanliness of the area
• Assisting supervisors by filling out hourly attendance reports
• Conducting Guest Surveys throughout the event
Pros
free dinner and tickets
Cons
not enough tickets
Great experience
Guest Attendant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 26, 2012
I really enjoyed my position at The Queen Mary. I had the coolest maze to guide everyone through. It was very busy, especially throughout the weekends. Everyone including my co workers were very helpful. I learned to develop skills working with the public and meeting new people. The hardest part was making sure I continued to keep a head count of all guests each night. Despite that, the job was an wonderful experience.
Pros
perfect hours, met awesome people
Cons
seasonal position
productive and hard working place
Ticket Attendant/etc (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 24, 2012
a typical day at work. well dealing with a range of 100-1500 people per day can get fustrating but in my work field and expeirence i love the fact that it was challenging to an extent.
i learned that in the every day work academy people are not always jolly but it trained me to handel pressure and certain cercumstances..
Pros
great luch breaks. and people
Cons
cant complain ..
Why I left the Queen Mary
Builing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach CADecember 12, 2011
I did not like the hours I worked two nights swing and two nights grave. My manager would keep me there after I had punched out ,sometimes for an hour after my shift to get briefing what happen that night during my shift.
Pros
queen mary was a nice place to work, management made it hard
Cons
management