Queen of the Valley Medical Center

Queen of the Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

One of the worst places I've ever worked!
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 8, 2016
Lack of leadership. Poor working / unsafe conditions. The building is in poor shape. Management never took care of their employees.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Everything else
ED Triage Volunteer
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 15, 2016
General observational, assessment, and critical thinking skills are exercised in this environment. Staff trusts and appreciates volunteers and extend a good working relationship.
Good Employer
lcsw (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 16, 2015
Employer was acceptable on all levels. Open to communication and freedom of practice ideas. Able to explore and expand job responsibilities.
Good learning experience
Histologist/Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 12, 2015
I learned a lot during my eight years at this job. I worked hard, and I cared deeply about the work I was doing. However, the stress levels associated with working in a chronically understaffed department eventually took their toll. Due to constant lack of support staff, it became more and more difficult to take time away from work and the work/life balance became quite skewed in the direction of "work comes before all else".
Pros
Great opportunity for on the job training/advancement
Cons
Poorly managed, constant lack of staffing
Nice place to work
Admin Asst to Director of Surgical Services and ED (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 20, 2015
Independent work environment. New surgical pavilion. Close to home. Co workers are great. Recently merged with Providence Health.
Queen of the Valley
Registered Nurse - ICU (Current Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 10, 2015
Part of the St Joseph's of Orange group of hospitals, Queen of the Valley serves the Napa Valley and surrounding communities.
Pros
Location, new ICU, Intensivists, Neurology and Neurosurgery
Cons
Compensation
Community hospital
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 5, 2015
Catholic Hospital with Core Values. Politics are heavily involved within the health system. It is a level 3 trauma center with a lot to offer the community
Good place to get work experience.
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 15, 2015
Some days are very busy and some days are very slow. Full time employees struggle to get all of their hours due to low census.
not a good place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 1, 2015
work environment is full of tension and uneasiness. Not a pleasant place to work. Staff is not always the nicest or trustworthy.
I love QVMC
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Napa caMarch 22, 2015
I love this hospital and my coworkers.However, I feel that there is a "tension" within hospital environment due to the nurses being recently represented by union.
I love the job culture at Queen
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  West Covina CAMarch 3, 2015
Queen of the Valley Medical Center is composed of hard working compassionate people most of its employees (like everywhere else) are kind caring and compassionate. Sometimes you do meet a straggler that may be a grouch or a tad rude but as a whole, it is a joy to work here, I commute from Long Beach and it is taking a toll on me and my personal life to spend almost 4 hours of my days time. Also there is not enough money in the budget (so I am told) to have a competitive pay raise, and or flexibility in our schedule to sufice the coverage needs.
Pros
great people
Cons
budget constraints, schedule felxibility
Great Place to work
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Great patient care and all the employees are great to work with. Everyone is so willing to help. Overall great experience.
Great place to volunteer!
Appointment Clerk, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I loved working at the OSPC, located at the Queen of the Valley Hospital in Napa, CA. My main job working here was to maintain a clean and friendly environment for all customers. On a typical day at work I would sign patients in for their appointments and clean and file folders.
My co-workers were extremely friendly and always asked if I was in need of assistance. They created a very friendly and comfortable work environment and trained me efficiently.
The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting customers and seeing the same ones come in every week. I was able to memorize their names and which doctor they were seeing. It was a great feeling for me to put a smile on their face because they knew I remembered who they were.
Pros
good hours
Productive workplace, good pay
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 31, 2014
Good pay, many hours available to work, bad work environment due to being micromanaged and due to favoritism. Your schedule depends on how much the supervisor likes or dislikes you. Employees are continuously recognized for hard work, given employee lunches and holiday recognition.
Pros
good pay
Cons
micromanaged
Good pay and benefits but management needs to be more in touch
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 17, 2014
Good pay and benefits but lack of professional growth opportunities
I was able to work on different programs and with different people to help the Napa Community.
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 17, 2014
I worked as a student intern for Queen of the Valley Medical Center: Community Outreach for the summer of 2014. As a student intern, I worked on two main projects and various minor projects. I worked on Healthy for Life, an education based intervention for middle school and high school aged children to improve their eating and exercise habits. I also worked on other projects including the Perinatal Education classes, Distress Thermometer Questionnaire for cancer patients, and cost-impact of palliative care for inpatients at the hospital. I worked on Queen’s Heart Safe, a program that aims to teach hands only Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and increase the number of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) in Napa County.
I typically performed data analysis/input, developed surveys/questionnaires/brochures, and program evaluation. The working environment was hospitable and welcoming. They worked with me on each project and invited me to board meetings. The most difficult part of the job was managing my time between the different projects. I was asked to work on all the projects simultaneously and found it challenging to learn while keeping up pace for the tasks I was assigned. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and learning about their projects. Knowing that I was helping my community to live healthier was the greatest benefit to working at Community Outreach.
good benefits, giving quality care.
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 23, 2014
providing the best quality patient care.working under pressure, assist in preparing meals.
busy & friendly workplace
Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 20, 2013
Work about 80 or more accounts a day, reviewing variance report, credit balance and doing appropriate appeals. Co workers are friendly and always helpful.
Pros
very good benefits
learning experiance
Patient Access Services Rep, Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 26, 2013
i wa only there for a short time before being let go due to budget cuts at that time.

last hired, first fired.
A positive work environment, and oppertunity to learn many new skills.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 25, 2012
A typical day at work, honestly, there was no typical day at work. Every day was different, new challenges and new experiences where each experience taught you more about the industry. My employment at QVMC I had the opportunity to learn many computer programs such as Tyler Security Software (TSS) and Velocity. Velocity is one of the most advanced access control programs on the market. I gained not only a working knowledge of the program but a more extensive understanding of how to troubleshoot, and repair the hardware and software. In my department, during the five plus years employed there I have had four different managers; three of the managers in my opinion needed more training before taking on the management role. My last manager came in and learned the actual job, not just what was in the job description, before stepping in as the new manager. This manager brought in in-house training that was definitely needed and exceeded any expectation that I or any of my co-workers had of a manager. In my department there were only nine of us we had rough moments as do all teams, but, overall we had a well-oiled machine. I believe that the hardest part of the job was making on the spot decisions that greatly affect others’ lives. Continuing to make these decisions taught me that either way a bad decision is better than indecision, and to support your decisions regardless of the outcome. What I enjoyed most would have to be going into work not knowing what was going to happen that day. The job was never tedious and always kept you on your toes.
Pros
great benefits, incredible interdepartmental relationships.
Cons
strait eight hour shift (no set breaks), policy changes take 12+ months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queen of the Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8