Queen of the Valley Medical Center

Queen of the Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Healthcare
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 2, 2017
Fast paced, good location. Employee recognition program was great. Administration tries to keep employees informed of changes in the market. Employee forums are one of the communication pluses.
Dietetic Internship
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 4, 2017
Great preceptors, great atmosphere! Gained a lot of experience! Friendly staff, compassionate employees, all who make a great effort for quality patient care.
Nice place to work
Director of Engineering/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 19, 2017
Nice facility, nice environment and engaged people . there is a lot to do to support the environment of care, the people working there are dedicated to healthcare!
Pros
nice location
Attained valuable experience.
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 9, 2017
I received a lot of valuable experience working at QVH. They have a level 1 trauma center and so I got to see just about any trauma you can imagine. Being run by the Catholic Church made the facility feel behind the times. A very conservative place to work.
Pros
Opportunity for experience
Cons
Conservative management
I am fortunate to work with this wonderful team of women
Bone Density Technician (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 6, 2017
Working here is a good experience, for having an office filled with just women we get along well and care about our patients wellbeing above all else.
Pros
The hospital is redoing our office decoration
Cons
Our employee insurance copays have increased
Wonderful people to work with.
Admin. Assist Reg. Compliance & Infection Control (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work included report generation, meeting scheduling & set up of audio visual equipment & meeting minutes taking, data entry, policy formatting. Positive, collaborative work place culture.
Pros
Occasional free lunches.
Cons
Old building, bad office air quality, malfunctioning HVAC.
Worse place ever!!!!
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 7, 2017
To say that its a spiritual medical facility they treat their employees terrible!!!I worked there for one year and they only gave me a 5 cent raise!! Yes a 5 cent raise. Even though I was a good employee the director left me a bad recommendation for another job, explore other avenues
The Queen
Supervisor, Facilities Management (Current Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 7, 2016
It is a diverse working environment that requires you muti-task heavily. You will not be short on work and you will be required to work long hours.
Pros
Discounts in the cafeteria
Cons
Multi-task heavily
a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 10, 2016
it needs better management,they should be more understanding when it comes to been a team player . RN's should help there CNA's more ...not totally depend on CNA ...bad experience i had ...all because this R.N did not want to take her patients temperature ..but it was a good place to work ..and there are good RN's who do help.
Pros
fair
Cons
better pay
One of the worst places I've ever worked!
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 8, 2016
Lack of leadership. Poor working / unsafe conditions. The building is in poor shape. Management never took care of their employees.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Everything else
ED Triage Volunteer
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 15, 2016
General observational, assessment, and critical thinking skills are exercised in this environment. Staff trusts and appreciates volunteers and extend a good working relationship.
Good Employer
lcsw (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 16, 2015
Employer was acceptable on all levels. Open to communication and freedom of practice ideas. Able to explore and expand job responsibilities.
Good learning experience
Histologist/Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 12, 2015
I learned a lot during my eight years at this job. I worked hard, and I cared deeply about the work I was doing. However, the stress levels associated with working in a chronically understaffed department eventually took their toll. Due to constant lack of support staff, it became more and more difficult to take time away from work and the work/life balance became quite skewed in the direction of "work comes before all else".
Pros
Great opportunity for on the job training/advancement
Cons
Poorly managed, constant lack of staffing
Nice place to work
Admin Asst to Director of Surgical Services and ED (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 20, 2015
Independent work environment. New surgical pavilion. Close to home. Co workers are great. Recently merged with Providence Health.
Queen of the Valley
Registered Nurse - ICU (Current Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 10, 2015
Part of the St Joseph's of Orange group of hospitals, Queen of the Valley serves the Napa Valley and surrounding communities.
Pros
Location, new ICU, Intensivists, Neurology and Neurosurgery
Cons
Compensation
Community hospital
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 5, 2015
Catholic Hospital with Core Values. Politics are heavily involved within the health system. It is a level 3 trauma center with a lot to offer the community
Good place to get work experience.
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 15, 2015
Some days are very busy and some days are very slow. Full time employees struggle to get all of their hours due to low census.
not a good place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 1, 2015
work environment is full of tension and uneasiness. Not a pleasant place to work. Staff is not always the nicest or trustworthy.
I love QVMC
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Napa caMarch 22, 2015
I love this hospital and my coworkers.However, I feel that there is a "tension" within hospital environment due to the nurses being recently represented by union.
I love the job culture at Queen
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  West Covina CAMarch 3, 2015
Queen of the Valley Medical Center is composed of hard working compassionate people most of its employees (like everywhere else) are kind caring and compassionate. Sometimes you do meet a straggler that may be a grouch or a tad rude but as a whole, it is a joy to work here, I commute from Long Beach and it is taking a toll on me and my personal life to spend almost 4 hours of my days time. Also there is not enough money in the budget (so I am told) to have a competitive pay raise, and or flexibility in our schedule to sufice the coverage needs.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Budget constraints, Schedule felxibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queen of the Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9