Queens Community House Employee Reviews

summer job
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 29, 2016
For the summer that i worked as a camp counselor was a good way to continue building my experience in working with young children. i didn't work there long enough but but the people that i worked with were amazing with young children. I had never had any real experience outside of the few babysitting jobs i had done. i was able gain experience, and work with children off all different race. The hardest part of the job came when the summer ended and we had to say goodbye to the children we had come to know and love. the most enjoyable part was taking the children on field trips and seeing how excited they were to be going on a trip.
Pros
Getting to spend time with the children
Cons
It was hard too say goodbye to not only the staff members you had grown fond of, but also the students we have come to care a great deal about
fun workplace
Summer Camp Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Typical day at qch, its entertaining and academically creative. Working with my co-workers is ideally all young and full of energy. Hardest part of the job would be encountering rude parents. Most enjoyable part of the job my students having a good time in our classroom.
Pros
free snack
Cons
few hours
Schooling
Group Leader/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 20, 2015
Very good and safe zone to be at. always hand of work and management skill is excellent. my co workers were the best, always helped each other out. more team work. the most enjoyable parts are the trips with students to different place and activities with students
Pros
education
Cons
school
fun workplace
Junior Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 4, 2015
Enjoy working at a fast pace
The children are awesome ...
my co-workers are very helpful
the work I do here is very fun to do
good starter agency
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYDecember 29, 2014
This agency is good for someone who wants a career change or someone out of college. As far as advancement there is none. Compensation for salary havens seen a raise in about 7-8 yrs. Agency is good for someone who has a family and their work schedule can be flexible. After a while the agency does what it can do and its time to move on. Management is much to be desired. seems like an all girls/boys network. Its not what you know but who you know that matters.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
over work under paid, health benefits are no good no good 401 k
Great place to intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 20, 2014
I love kids, and this helped me to understand them more, and it also allowed me to interact with children on a educational fun level. I was able to be creative with the curriculum i created, which was then used with the children. The most enjoyable part was visiting homes and interacting with the kids. The hardest part was getting attached to the children and then having to leave
Great fostering place for kids
GROUP LEADER/GROUP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  briarwood, nyAugust 28, 2014
a warm and welcoming environment to everyone in the community.
Productive and fun work place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Queens, New YorkAugust 7, 2014
As a group leader you typical work day would consume of creating lesson plans, taking attendance, handing out snacks, helping students with homework, teaching 2 to 3 lessons a day. You are also required to attend weekly meetings where you are able to voice your opinions, concerns, and are able to collaborate ideas with staff members. The weekly meetings were made into safe environment to interact and express difference of opinions with co-workers.

While working in QCH, i learned to manage a large group and how to retain their attention.

The hardest part of the job was to remain original and not become redundant while creating lesson plans.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with the kids and observe the progress they make academically, and personally.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low wages
Great workplace and very friendly
SYEP Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 20, 2013
Queens Community House works to helps all types of people; children,teenagers, adults, and elders. Teamwork is a great part of this organization.
great job
Home-Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYAugust 27, 2013
in charge of patient care. probably the hardest job i had since it required so much from me, from personal to professional services, i learned how to take care of the elderly and there illnesses.
Excellent work enviroment and staff
Bilingual Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 1, 2013
I have been a part of the QCH team for years. QCH is an excellent agency to work for. I always have excellent experiences and support from staff members.
Productive and fun workplace
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 16, 2012
Spoke on behalf of the Main counselors, Helped Kids adjust to high school and helped with there asignments. Everyone was respectful and fun to be around. Everything was Easy going my favorite part of the Job had to be the Games we played and trips we went on.
Pros
free lunch, games
very positive environment with excellent opportunities for professional devlopment
After School Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJanuary 25, 2012
team oriented organization servicing the entire community with rewarding programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queens Community House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4