Queens Long Island Medical Group

Queens Long Island Medical Group Employer Reviews

It was a pleasure to work with the staff there
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYAugust 11, 2014
It is a great place. When I was last there both staff and management were great to work for.
Great company
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYJuly 31, 2014
Basic day was verified pt's benefits and eligibility prior to office visits.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMay 21, 2014
wonderful place to work everyone is like family. Would love to find something like that where I am at now.
everyone
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: travel was far
a typical day for me at work is coming in, making sure the computers are working correctly, setting up for the doctors,making sure all exam rooms are stocked properly, and doing phlebotomy (blood draws) patients.
I also cover for other assistants for breaks, answer the prescription line for the patients set up appointments and ry to help all patients. – more... i have learned a lot by working with different physicians and specialist. The management in my career has had its ups and downs. It was a very nuturing.
co-workers were easy to work with everyone worked together to help in every area – less
QLIMG
Accounts Receivables Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: overtime, great co-workers
Cons: company layoff
I worked as an Account Representaive for QLIMG for 2 years. I was responsible to make sure Explanation of benefits were sent out with the correction billing information. I was also responsible to make sure members accounts were paid properly. A monthly AR report was also my respsonsibility.
excellent experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYApril 3, 2014
great place to learn new things and to grow. Management is amazing and everyone is always so nice to each other.
The staff member was great to work with.
Medical Assistance (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Over all ok place to work staff member were great team players.
diverse atmosphere
PSR/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYDecember 13, 2013
Pros: paid break. good pay good work load
excellent place to work for. Room for growth of position and knowledge multiple departments so you learn every single speciality.
great place to work at
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 5, 2013
Friendly outgoing place comfortable equal none prejudiced great benefits.
Happy and fun work environment.
50/50
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Cambria Height, NYNovember 1, 2013
Pros: good health benefits, weekends off
Cons: no overtime, stressful, not enough help
Very busy working at this company since it is a medical facility. Patients tend to be demanding since they are comping to get good health care but they are mostly kind and nice. Co-workers try their best to work as a team in this stressful environment. I get along with them fine though. I enjoy being able to help people and to make sure their health – more... is the priority. – less
50/50
Pros: good health benefits, weekends off
Cons: no overtime, stressful, not enough help
Horrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Astoria, NYOctober 8, 2013
Management don't know how to manage and the doctors are rude! There is no room for advancement.
Experience in management
Nursing Coordinator/Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYOctober 1, 2013
More than 10 doctors, this means different needs, want's and personalities. Hardest part I was the only nurse so I was pulled in many directions. I earned about time management and managing 30 + employees.
This job was by far my worst job.
RN (Former Employee), jamaica areaSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: work load increased every day..so unorganized.the staff so unhappy and mean spirted co woker...
Work at vompany was stress ful fue the constant change.op oo [oooo [ooooooooooooooooo000000000000000000000000000ppppppppppppppppp] llllllllll
The best place I ever worked
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Rochdale Village, NYMay 20, 2013
Pros: shortened fridays
The team work was impecable. I worked one on one with an MD and was able to manage the schedule in an effective manner
A great place to work 20 years +
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee), Elmhurst, NYFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: union, job security
Cons: no room to grow & to far from my current home.
Its much like a second home where the patients become like family over time. Patients have been with the group for over thirty years & know each staff member by first name. Staff is a pleasure to be around. Everyone works together nicely as a team. I have a 35 hour shift combined into four days which gives me a three day weekend. I learned to have alot – more... of patience & gained much wisdom over the past 23 years working with the elderly. – less
productive
Part-Time Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Reviewed medical records and super bill documentation for completeness and accuracy.
Performed charge entry activities, utilize the appropriate billing document to create a charge in IDX.
Ensured linkage is appropriate and modifiers are used as necessary.
All these reviews are obviously written by upper management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), forest hillsNovember 20, 2012
Pros: good pay, union
Cons: everything else
I've worked at QLIMG since 2002 and have experienced a wide range of behind the scenes activities. The biggest problem is the quality of care. 80% of the doctors have a quantity over quality style of work ethic. 50 patients seen in 4hrs? Prescriptions dispensed without discretion, waiting times of 4-5 hours. The Administrator is a joke in the particular – more... building I work in. She is very confrontational and holds grudges. Employees who work here don't even see the doctors there. Your doctor may be nice to you when your with them, but when you walk out of that office its a different story. I as an employee am disgusted with it. – less
Very busy medical office with many oppurtunities to learn.
PSR/ Referral Manager/ Oncology Medical Biller (Former Employee), Hempstead, NYOctober 21, 2012
My work day begin with double checking the (start up) money to provide patients with change and retrieving the medical bills for Oncology. I would then review the appointments for the day to make sure all the insurance information are current. Once that task has been completed, I review (and process) the referral requests and follow up on the pending – more... referral requests.

Throughout the day I would process the Oncology/Chemotherapy bills retrieved, process referrals, check-in patients, receive phone calls (to make appointments and take messages), and service the patients in the office (collecting co-pays,making appointments, and informing patients on how to proceed with medical care).
At the end of each day, I would balance the money received, clean-up my area, and file the completed referrals and medical bills.

The Management was very supportive and took the time to motivate the workers to do the best of their ability. We were encouraged to work in teams and support each other to keep the department running smooth.

The most important lesson I've learned on the job is time management; having multiple responsibilities with similar deadlines requires good time management. With the time management, I've learned to prioritize and deal with unplanned events accordingly to keep my work rate and results as high as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the close team chemistry within the departments. I was exposed to situations, procedures, and people that really taught me and advised me in subjects that I plan to pursue academically.

All-in-all QLIMG is a very good medical group that service many different populations and they do it with the patients well being in mind. – less
Very Productive & Stress free
Medical Biller / Collection Supervisor (Former Employee), Mineola, Long IslandOctober 14, 2012
Pros: free lunches, employee breakfast
Supervised 12 + people in collections department. It was a very productive job and consisted of wonderful manager staff.

About Queens Long Island Medical Group

Queens-Long Island Medical Group (QLIMG) cures medical ailments in the Queens-Long Island area. A physician-owned practice group – Read more