Queens Long Island Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

productive day.
Radiology Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYOctober 22, 2015
I learned to work the dark room at the time. developed films and made copies. also getting familiar with radiology medical terms and procedures.
Pros
learned behind the curtians about the radiology dept
Cons
lack of patients we had coming to the dept
Job
Registered Nurse - Nurse Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 31, 2015
Great opportunity to help someone with developmental disabilities, who were unable to help themselves. To know you made a difference in someone's life, in improving their medical condition, is a great feeling
I wasn't there long enough to rate the company.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 5, 2015
I was at Queens Long Island Medical Group for a few months, but could see that the people are very nice, the company is steady and I would have had a chance for growth if the company wasn't closing its location.
Cons
short breaks.
fun and productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 27, 2015
,i learn to give my pts all my atention and love them ,excellent co-worker hard working ladies like me,imform pt of any abnormalities on test result,the most enjoyable part of my job was to listen to my patient and exchange ideas.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
under staff
It's a very enjoyable place to work for, where I improved my skills and gain very knowledgeable experiences.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed every single day and hour I've worked for Queens Long Island Medical Group. I always got alone with everyone after all with are a team working for the same purpose to take good care of the patients and for their well being. The hardest part of my job was not being able to alleviate the pain and suffering on some of the patients.
Pros
the ability to excel in positions, the chance to advance in the carreer
REGISTRATION/FINANCIAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Registration at the front desk,, IDX, coding, computer, filing, and meeting and greeting patients with appointments.co-workers support . encounters,seen the work done at the end of the day.
everyone
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2014
a typical day for me at work is coming in, making sure the computers are working correctly, setting up for the doctors,making sure all exam rooms are stocked properly, and doing phlebotomy (blood draws) patients.
I also cover for other assistants for breaks, answer the prescription line for the patients set up appointments and ry to help all patients. i have learned a lot by working with different physicians and specialist. The management in my career has had its ups and downs. It was a very nuturing.
co-workers were easy to work with everyone worked together to help in every area
Pros
free lunches
Cons
travel was far
50/50
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambria Height, NYNovember 1, 2013
Very busy working at this company since it is a medical facility. Patients tend to be demanding since they are comping to get good health care but they are mostly kind and nice. Co-workers try their best to work as a team in this stressful environment. I get along with them fine though. I enjoy being able to help people and to make sure their health is the priority.
Pros
good health benefits, weekends off
Cons
no overtime, stressful, not enough help
A great place to work 20 years +
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 22, 2013
Its much like a second home where the patients become like family over time. Patients have been with the group for over thirty years & know each staff member by first name. Staff is a pleasure to be around. Everyone works together nicely as a team. I have a 35 hour shift combined into four days which gives me a three day weekend. I learned to have alot of patience & gained much wisdom over the past 23 years working with the elderly.
Pros
union, job security
Cons
no room to grow & to far from my current home.
My first teaching job as a phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bayshore, New YorkOctober 3, 2012
I enjoyed working for Queens Long Island Medical Group. I had co-workers that taught me how to do sticks that made my job easier. The tricks they taught me as a phlebotomist has helped me at other jobs that I worked at. Its because of my co-workers and the patients that made me enjoy working there. The Doctors are friendly. And I liked the way we work together. The patients are friendly.
Pros
the doctors thanking you for your assistance
Cons
the employer not giving the employees fairness
Worked as a temp
LPN (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 24, 2012
I worked as a temporary employee at this company for several months. Management policies seemed fair. Employees stay at this place, partly because of the benefits (union shop) and partly because they are fair to their employees and don't work you to death.
It is very hard to get a permanent position at the company, though.
Job descriptions are well-defined and the employees all seemed to get along with eachother (which makes a huge difference in your work day). Managers are respectful and the doctors there were all very nice.
Pros
positive attitudes, fair management, great benefits, union
Cons
hard to get in
All these reviews are obviously written by upper management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  forest hillsNovember 20, 2012
I've worked at QLIMG since 2002 and have experienced a wide range of behind the scenes activities. The biggest problem is the quality of care. 80% of the doctors have a quantity over quality style of work ethic. 50 patients seen in 4hrs? Prescriptions dispensed without discretion, waiting times of 4-5 hours. The Administrator is a joke in the particular building I work in. She is very confrontational and holds grudges. Employees who work here don't even see the doctors there. Your doctor may be nice to you when your with them, but when you walk out of that office its a different story. I as an employee am disgusted with it.
Pros
good pay, union
Cons
everything else
Provide a relaxed but a professional atmosphere for patients when obtaining specimens.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cambria Heights Medical CenteerDecember 11, 2011
The patient is always first in whatever we do, weather dealing with them directly, or taking care to process the specimen we collect from them. Incorrect specimen handling could result in a false diagnosis of patient, which could be in some case life threatening.Patients should be at ease whenever they come to us.
Pros
insurance covrage /
Cons
at times work-load could be overwhelming
Qlimg
Accounts Receivables Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2014
I worked as an Account Representaive for QLIMG for 2 years. I was responsible to make sure Explanation of benefits were sent out with the correction billing information. I was also responsible to make sure members accounts were paid properly. A monthly AR report was also my respsonsibility.
Pros
overtime, great co-workers
Cons
company layoff
productive
Part-Time Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 21, 2013
Reviewed medical records and super bill documentation for completeness and accuracy.
Performed charge entry activities, utilize the appropriate billing document to create a charge in IDX.
Ensured linkage is appropriate and modifiers are used as necessary.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, educational, open door policy
GARDEN CITY, NY (Former Employee) –  BILLING MANAGERNovember 8, 2011
Qlimg was a very educational and nuturing enviornment to work in. The staff and managemnet provided oppourtunity for growth and excellence. Because of the diversity in medical service you are able to explore the many facets of medical billing.
This job was by far my worst job.
RN (Former Employee) –  jamaica areaSeptember 24, 2013
Work at vompany was stress ful fue the constant change.op oo [oooo [ooooooooooooooooo000000000000000000000000000ppppppppppppppppp] llllllllll
Pros
weekends off
Cons
work load increased every day..so unorganized.the staff so unhappy and mean spirted co woker...
solid place to work
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 26, 2012
Work is very calm and very laid-back, but quite boring. Management is good and very supportive. Co-workers are great, even though they gossip nonstop. The hardest part of the job is getting past the boredom.
Pros
good pay, nice people, good management
Cons
boring
Experience in management
Nursing Coordinator/Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYOctober 1, 2013
More than 10 doctors, this means different needs, want's and personalities. Hardest part I was the only nurse so I was pulled in many directions. I earned about time management and managing 30 + employees.
very productive and interesting experience
Medical/Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  astoriaJuly 17, 2012
nice place to work at, very nice doctors to work with, clean environment, they have rules and guidelines to follow,enjoyable people to work with
Pros
free lunches most of the time