Queens Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great coworkers, management, and benefits
Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 13, 2015
I learned so much working for Queens Medical Center, largely due to the generosity of my peers. We worked 12.5 hour shifts-overnight and were generally well staffed. The management is supportive and fair for the most part, sometimes getting carried away with the initiative du jour. I enjoyed my time there and have a lifelong friend as a result.
Pros
high standard of care, state of the art equipment, great benefits, comradery.
Cons
hard work, brutal hours
fun fast pace enviroment
Patient Service Coordinator - At Queens Heart CNVS (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 16, 2015
overall, the department that i worked under was productive and took great care of their patients. Co workers were fun to work with and liked to continue with their day to day duties in order to complete the day and go home.
Great Hospital to work for
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 20, 2015
Very good place to work. lots of drama but if you mind your own business it is very worth it! Competitive Wages, Competitive advancement. But never will you get the days you want off in many departments as it goes by seniority.
Pros
Great advancement
Cons
Hard to get days you need off.
Fun workplace
Volunteer, Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HawaiiMay 19, 2015
A great place to volunteer, very nice facility. Staff are very helpful even to volunteers. I was able to see much of the hospital
Very family oriented culture
Operating Room Staff/Charge RN- Full Time (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HIMay 6, 2015
I come to work excited for another day to serve the queen. People needs to be assured that you are there to care for them. Management is very supportive and pro-active, will do anything that is good for the community. The hardest part is not to be able to cater to all the needs of the community. The most enjoyable is that we all work as a team!
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
some coworker are just not content
best of the best. tertiary center. good administrative philosophy to help the sick and needy who ever and wherever they may be. proud to work there
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 7, 2014
fun. rapid pace. hard working. highly satisfied. I felt every day that I touched the lives of the staff and patient I worked with and I made a difference in saving someones life or helping people in crisis
Pros
high staff satisfaction. strong rn education support
Cons
management not as supportive
busy and direct patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oahu, HawaiiApril 1, 2014
Vital signs, assisting patient with ADLs, i learned alot about patient contact, management was ok, i had some good co workers, hardest part was working by myself with 24 patients and trying to get all my work done, enjoyable part of my job was that i would meet new people every day.
Questionable Leadership
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 22, 2013
I don't understand the reasoning of not allowing someone to take two days vacation when they had in writing two people that would cover the shift, AND had well over the amount of PTO to cover also. New manager felt they had to "Break Bad" and use this as a way to show authority ???
Pros
great rn's and dr.'s to work with- treats you like family.
Cons
new manager not professional, not friendly, not fair.
Just another day in paradise
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 26, 2013
The job itself was not physically demanding as much as it was the other staff who were mentally exhausting. Being in Hawaii, I was the only white person on staff in that particular unit and they made sure I knew it.
Pros
nice cafe for lunch
Cons
too many to list
I enjoyed working there, family oriented.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  HISeptember 12, 2013
always busy, time flew by, how to communicate needs, management was family oriented, change was a growing process, co-workers fun to be around.hardest part of the job was calling it a day, so much to do. the most enjoyable part of the day was making someones day worth it.
Pros
working together
Cons
sick calls
nice place to work, good managers, fexible hours
Medical Receptionist/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 10, 2013
nice place to work, good managers, flexible hours. Good location
Pros
friendly people
Cons
hours
A great place to work !!!
Cert. Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 16, 2013
Queens Hospital is awesome, the people are kind, the Doctors are very nice. Queens is a great place to work. The only thing is that Hawaii is so expensive, you have to work many hours/ overtime to break even or have money to go out/ to the movies.
Productive and fun work place where continuing education is a must.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2012
Queens Medical Center is Hawaii's Magnet Hospital. We have two very successful Ultrasound Departments. Our Women's Health Center provides the women of Hawaii with best Ultrasound care in O.B./GYN and Breast. Our General Ultrasound Department provides our Inpatients and E.R. patients with the best Ultrasound care and Liver and Kidney transplant pre-op and post-op ultrasound exams.
A typical day at work is a busy and exciting one. Our management is supportive and provides growth opportunities. The hardest part of my job is working "add on" patients into already full schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is giving the people of Hawaii my best. My co-workers are experienced Ultrasound Technologist who share their talents with each other.
Pros
emphasis and support in continuing education
Best people, best care.
RVT RDCS (Former Employee) –  Heart CenterFebruary 24, 2012
Care is top compared to all of the other dozen hospital I have worked in from Boston to Maui.