Queens University of Charlotte Employee Reviews

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
The culture tends to be a bit unusual for an academic environment. On the one hand it is very business focused and on the other it is more academic in nature.
Fun place to work at
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2017
Nice coworkers and interesting programs. enrollment is an issue that some departments are struggling with. Students are easy to work with and mostly respectful to faculty.
Great Adjunct faculty job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2017
I am a Queens Alumni...and I love working there as adjunct faculty. I have found that the contract portion is simple and the faculty support is excellent.
Stable and Quiet
Admissions Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2017
As an admissions counselor assistant, I sometimes acted as a front desk receptionist for the entire office, sometimes vetted potential students, and often answered questions for students who were interested in the school.
College campus work basically what you would expect
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2017
Mostly filing and grunt work. I loved every minute of it. I got to pose ideas of what I thought was the best and I got to do it. Total autonomy was encouraged all the time. I was trusted with great responsibilities frequently.
Director of Golf Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
Unique opportunity to work with wonderful students. I was able to watch the transformation of the campus due to the new construction and aligning of new university mandated goals.
Productive work environment with friendly peers and freedom.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2017
I enjoy working at Queens. It is convenient because I'm already there as a full-time student; the staff who oversee it are friendly; and I already know and get along with all of my coworkers since they themselves are students!
Good Place to Work
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I only work in the library part time, as I'm a full time student. I'm not fully immersed in the day to day operations of the University but I get a sense that most employees are happy with their jobs and the culture on campus is very diverse and open. I rarely feel pressure from my boss or management so overall i would say for a person in my circumstances with this job that I can't really complain.
First step for my career with co-workers who are very kind and help each other
Sport Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2017
I learned how to edit picture and video like basic skills for promoting events. Also, they taught me how to manage sports event at school. While managing sports events, I got more passion on our team game playing so I was so happy when our team won a game.
Great atmosphere
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2016
It is a beautiful organization with amazing atmosphere to work at. Employees care about students and make this place a dwelling work space. It gave me opportunities I would never get elsewhere.
Queens University of Charlotte
Student Financial Services (SFS) System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2015
Queens University of Charlotte is a good place to work. They are all good people who are trying to do the best they can with the resources they have.
Fun Campus Setting
Advancement (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2014
Beautiful work environment, university schedules, great coworkers
Good work environment
Athletics Public Address Announcer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2013
People are friendly and easy to work with. No problems at this job.
Fun Environment
Temp. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2013
I would come in and check emails. I would pay invoices, set up meetings with the Dean from faculty and students. I learned how to do a lot of administrative activities and how to communicate better. My supervisor (the Dean) was great. Very helpful and nice and never showed anger towards anyone and was always willing to work towards a solution along with all of my other co-workers. Hardest part was getting thrown into the fire the first day I started. I really had no training. The most enjoyable thing was knowing I was going to get off at 5 and was able to have a life outside of work.
Pros
laid back enviornment
Cons
traffic in the mornings, lunch and evenings
Loved job until
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  HayworthFebruary 26, 2013
I loved the job until the job like many was eliminated. Great place to work, friendly people and students are great. I worked part time and was able to got to school even though I was part time. Wish my job had not been eliminated.
Pros
great people, nice campus
Cons
parking is horrible
Great Flexibility, Solid Mission
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2013
Queens like any other non-profit lags in providing competitive compensation but they more than make up for it with a great working environment, flexibility in scheduling and perks like being able to take classes for free... I love my Fridays off in the summers, my free Master's degree & the access to campus amenities!
Pros
flexibility, campus amenities, friendly faces
Cons
pay
good people to work with.
Coordinator of Benefits and Payroll (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2012
Liked working there until my manager quit and the expected me to do her job and mine for over a year.
Loved working in the business office. The campus is a great place too.
Coordinator of Human Resources and Payroll (Former Employee) –  Business OfficeApril 7, 2011
I worked at Queens Univeristy for several years in the business office as their Coordinator of Benefits and Payrolls. Loved working with the faculty and staff. Have lovely traditions of chapel on Wednesdays and Tea on Tuesdays for staff and students.
Pros
taking courses free, campus atmosphere, cafeteria lunch and dinner are both great
Cons
long hours at busy times