Queens University of Charlotte

Queens University of Charlotte Employer Reviews

Fun Environment
Temp. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: laid back enviornment
Cons: traffic in the mornings, lunch and evenings
I would come in and check emails. I would pay invoices, set up meetings with the Dean from faculty and students. I learned how to do a lot of administrative activities and how to communicate better. My supervisor (the Dean) was great. Very helpful and nice and never showed anger towards anyone and was always willing to work towards a solution along – more... with all of my other co-workers. Hardest part was getting thrown into the fire the first day I started. I really had no training. The most enjoyable thing was knowing I was going to get off at 5 and was able to have a life outside of work. – less
Loved job until
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), HayworthFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: great people, nice campus
Cons: parking is horrible
I loved the job until the job like many was eliminated. Great place to work, friendly people and students are great. I worked part time and was able to got to school even though I was part time. Wish my job had not been eliminated.
Great Flexibility, Solid Mission
Program Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: flexibility, campus amenities, friendly faces
Cons: pay
Queens like any other non-profit lags in providing competitive compensation but they more than make up for it with a great working environment, flexibility in scheduling and perks like being able to take classes for free... I love my Fridays off in the summers, my free Master's degree & the access to campus amenities!
good people to work with.
Coordinator of Benefits and Payroll (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2012
Liked working there until my manager quit and the expected me to do her job and mine for over a year.
Loved working in the business office. The campus is a great place too.
Coordinator of Human Resources and Payroll (Former Employee), Business OfficeApril 7, 2011
Pros: taking courses free, campus atmosphere, cafeteria lunch and dinner are both great
Cons: long hours at busy times
I worked at Queens Univeristy for several years in the business office as their Coordinator of Benefits and Payrolls. Loved working with the faculty and staff. Have lovely traditions of chapel on Wednesdays and Tea on Tuesdays for staff and students.