QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMay 8, 2017
Great environment and wonderful staff who are always ready to collaborate and do their part. A great place to work at. Learned people skills as well as organizational skills.
Conveinient
College Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ideal LocationMarch 10, 2017
Good job for anyone in college who needs a little side job while on campus. In my last year of working there, I have learned a lot about what the school has to offer their students.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not enough hours
a dead end with a window
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYFebruary 8, 2017
i learned a lot here, but it was up to me to get up and out sooner rather than later. After I got my degree, it was time to move on, which I am now doing. But if you stay there, you just get beat on the rocks until you realize you deserve better. Some of this I did to myself, but as a place, it is somewhat sad and needs to function as a temporary purgatory if anything.
fun work environment
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJanuary 23, 2017
i would answer phone calls, process application using oracle. boss was a nice person. the most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers they are very friendly.
Great place
TECH FEE STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYDecember 14, 2016
Working for QCC has been really good, not only I have learned a lot in my time there but also helped me meet a lot of interesting people. One of the reasons why I love working here is because there are not negative vibes and everything is done accordingly.
Pros
Meeting a lot a professors
Cons
Fun and easy going place to work
CUNY College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYOctober 22, 2016
Fun place to work, with a lot of information to learn. Best place to start out when going for your career. The staff is always willing to help out. You make good friends that can help with future job opportunities.
A good school to work at
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at queensborough for me revolves 7 and a half hours. I normally get there at 4 and leave at 11:30. I clean the bathrooms, mop the floors, and any other projects that include buffing, stripping, or waxing floors. The managment there is very unorganized and they do not communicate with each other but the work gets done. The hardest part of my job is walking and standing for multiple hours at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job is having good co-workers and a community that you can get along with.
Pros
Healthcare. Cuny.
Fun work place
Active Member, Associate Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYMay 11, 2016
Its a nice place to work.its been a rewarding and interesting work place. my department had flexible hours so it made it easier to work with my school schedule.
Pros
friendly work enviroment
Cons
health care
Very Nice place to work
Math & C++ tutor (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMarch 7, 2016
We are there to help students and also improve our knowledge since we also learn from our students. Most tutors there are excellent and they like to help students. If you work there you will enjoy the time.
Fun workplace
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I had a great time working there as a student aid. The staff members were respectful and professional. It was a great experience.
Good level entry job for educational training
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 7, 2015
Very easy going environment and fulfilling job. Very challenging job that is a good start if you are looking into teaching or educational services.
Pros
long breaks no pressure
Cons
not challenging
Overall experience
Bursar (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYOctober 2, 2015
The dynamics of the office changed once the department obtained a new director. The job description went from processing payments to only making phone calls in regards to payments.
Productive environment
College Assistant / Tutor (Current Employee) –  222-05 56th Ave, Bayside, NY 11364September 2, 2015
A typical day at the office is hectic with a million things to do and with plenty of students and phone calls to receive. But overall we work together to be able to manage the students as well as the projects that must be done. The most enjoyable part of working, is when I am able to help the students in something that they have extreme difficulty in. Because I also work as some of their tutors while I'm not in the office, I am able to talk with them in a more personal level. And a lot of times my students break down and I must motivate them to not give up. And when I am able to lift their spirits and help them pass exams, it brings joy into me. I like working in The office and how much I have learned. But nothing makes me more joyful then when I'm tutoring my students.
Pros
I enjoy my job
Cons
I don't always take my lunch break
School
Candidate for Associate of Applied Science (Current Employee) –  baysideJuly 28, 2015
School is a great way to learn my new skills for the future. i have completed my first year and about to start my second year.
helpign felow studnets
Language Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 23, 2015
writing down details of students appointments, filing tapes . office skills, Xeroxing ,filing , stapling, cleaning. management was a joy to work for. co workers were a joy too. hardest far away. enjoyable help people .
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
far away from home
Amazing!
Nursing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 15, 2015
As a nursing Tutor i was able to provide my knowledge to many students who chose to fallow nursing as a profession . I learned a lot from my coworkers and managers. They were able to guide me if I felt lost.
Productive and fun to work with learning and emotionally disability students at all lelvels
Disability Accommodation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMarch 16, 2015
A typical days work is very easy and at the same time stressful. I learned mostly how to communicate not only with staff but students in soft voice. The management area I guess needs improvement in better communication skills not only between internal staff but other departments too. We all learned from each others mistakes and be tolerant in the office environment. Everyone was given an opportunity to be successful in whatever they job position was. No one dare to interfere with each others task. We all worked as a team and tried to share our differences. The hardest part of this job was interaction between senior staff members. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the students weaknesses, showing them the learning task to remember in most modified and graphic way so that they were able to succeed on their own during classwork, homework, each term exams or Basic English exit exams.
Pros
Attend college wide workshops if it is out your regular work schedule
Cons
No breaks for part time staff except a frequenting the rest room.
Productive workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Provide learning skills to students, give them advise, teach and guide them to achieve their study goals. Help them improve critical thinking and problem solving skills. Coworkers are nice. Communicate and provide teaching experience for each others. The hardest part is to handle diversity behaviors. The most enjoyable part is to provide all my studying skills to help students to achieve their goals.
Enjoy teach origami to JHS & HS kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYSeptember 5, 2014
This summer program I have four classes in total. All students enjoy learning origami by use single piece paper fold hearts, flowers, animal & toy etc... They also share their finished work & tips. They begin to know more about origami & want to keep as their hobby for relax after study hard with school work.
workable
Counselor-College Assistant (Former Employee) –  queensAugust 23, 2014
no room for advancement. very gossipy more concerned with daily gossip then task at had. bad environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3