QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Very Nice place to work
Math & C++ tutor (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMarch 7, 2016
We are there to help students and also improve our knowledge since we also learn from our students. Most tutors there are excellent and they like to help students. If you work there you will enjoy the time.
Fun workplace
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I had a great time working there as a student aid. The staff members were respectful and professional. It was a great experience.
Good level entry job for educational training
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 7, 2015
Very easy going environment and fulfilling job. Very challenging job that is a good start if you are looking into teaching or educational services.
Pros
long breaks no pressure
Cons
not challenging
Overall experience
Bursar (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYOctober 2, 2015
The dynamics of the office changed once the department obtained a new director. The job description went from processing payments to only making phone calls in regards to payments.
Productive environment
College Assistant / Tutor (Current Employee) –  222-05 56th Ave, Bayside, NY 11364September 2, 2015
A typical day at the office is hectic with a million things to do and with plenty of students and phone calls to receive. But overall we work together to be able to manage the students as well as the projects that must be done. The most enjoyable part of working, is when I am able to help the students in something that they have extreme difficulty in. Because I also work as some of their tutors while I'm not in the office, I am able to talk with them in a more personal level. And a lot of times my students break down and I must motivate them to not give up. And when I am able to lift their spirits and help them pass exams, it brings joy into me. I like working in The office and how much I have learned. But nothing makes me more joyful then when I'm tutoring my students.
Pros
I enjoy my job
Cons
I don't always take my lunch break
School
Candidate for Associate of Applied Science (Current Employee) –  baysideJuly 28, 2015
School is a great way to learn my new skills for the future. i have completed my first year and about to start my second year.
helpign felow studnets
Language Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 23, 2015
writing down details of students appointments, filing tapes . office skills, Xeroxing ,filing , stapling, cleaning. management was a joy to work for. co workers were a joy too. hardest far away. enjoyable help people .
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
far away from home
Amazing!
Nursing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 15, 2015
As a nursing Tutor i was able to provide my knowledge to many students who chose to fallow nursing as a profession . I learned a lot from my coworkers and managers. They were able to guide me if I felt lost.
Productive and fun to work with learning and emotionally disability students at all lelvels
Disability Accommodation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMarch 16, 2015
A typical days work is very easy and at the same time stressful. I learned mostly how to communicate not only with staff but students in soft voice. The management area I guess needs improvement in better communication skills not only between internal staff but other departments too. We all learned from each others mistakes and be tolerant in the office environment. Everyone was given an opportunity to be successful in whatever they job position was. No one dare to interfere with each others task. We all worked as a team and tried to share our differences. The hardest part of this job was interaction between senior staff members. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the students weaknesses, showing them the learning task to remember in most modified and graphic way so that they were able to succeed on their own during classwork, homework, each term exams or Basic English exit exams.
Pros
attend college wide workshops if it is out your regular work schedule
Cons
no breaks for part time staff except a frequenting the rest room.
Productive workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Provide learning skills to students, give them advise, teach and guide them to achieve their study goals. Help them improve critical thinking and problem solving skills. Coworkers are nice. Communicate and provide teaching experience for each others. The hardest part is to handle diversity behaviors. The most enjoyable part is to provide all my studying skills to help students to achieve their goals.
Enjoy teach origami to JHS & HS kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYSeptember 5, 2014
This summer program I have four classes in total. All students enjoy learning origami by use single piece paper fold hearts, flowers, animal & toy etc... They also share their finished work & tips. They begin to know more about origami & want to keep as their hobby for relax after study hard with school work.
workable
Counselor-College Assistant (Former Employee) –  queensAugust 23, 2014
no room for advancement. very gossipy more concerned with daily gossip then task at had. bad environment.
productive and can learn a lot place
Work Study - Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2014
handle all activities relating to photo coping machine, and assisting other co-workers
Interesting research experience
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 5, 2014
I learned a lot about research in breast cancer during the summer at Queensborough Community College. A typical day at work would be looking under the microscope at different cells and determining a normal and cancerous cell. My team needed to make a presentation every week in which we learned how to apply statistics to report the data we found.
Pros
free lunch every friday
workplace with limited budget for instructors
ART INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYJune 10, 2014
limited hours, limited sessions, less classes. reducing more and more, inadequate salary
A good place to grow
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYMay 27, 2014
QCC provided me with many opportunities, in which I was able to network and acquire skills I wouldn't have otherwise
work
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2014
Great starter job while in college. I was able to watch sports games while working. Pay is minimum wage.
This was just an internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMarch 17, 2014
Nothing wrong with interning at a great school. Enjoyed it. Great people and professors.
Wonderful first experience educating on the college level.
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMarch 10, 2014
A typical day involved tutoring students (predominantly students with disabilities) in mathematics and physics.

I learned how difficult it was teaching.

Management was helpful and insightful. They provided me with the tools necessary to be successful.

Co-workers were great tutors and very helpful.

The hardest part of the job was adjusting to tutoring college students with special needs for the first time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was tutoring college students with special needs for the first time. I learned a lot.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
n/a
hard work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Team leader, casher and back of the house, customer serves,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3