Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Found 2,204 reviews matching the search
Specimen Technician II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Good place to work. Provide many good benefits for employees. I enjoyed working for them. I would refer this company to other people.
Awful place to work
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 23, 2017
The management would work employees to death if needed. They would then take credit for the accomplishments of their employees, never even a thank you.
productive place to wk
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I like working at Quest Diagnostics it's a good place to work. I've learned a lot at working at Quest. Friendly staff who worked as a team.
Productive Workplace
ANALYST & ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Fast paced with management that support employees success. I learned how to manage large groups here.The culture is team oriented and the most enjoyable part of the job was travel.
Busy environment with perks scattered
Medical Specimen Processing Technician III (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 22, 2017
Process patient samples into the computer system which assigns them an accession number that makes it easier to pull up their information. Pour off specimens to be tested for drugs. Weigh out specimens to be tested for confirmations. Help other departments when needed. Train when short staffed or work load becomes heavy.
Pros
Free yearly health check ups, fun activities to participate for team building
Cons
Short breaks, consecutive days of overtime
Enjoyed working for the laboratory
Lab processor (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Process and label producer's for doctors and clinics in a daily bases making sure that the names and labels matched when processing
Pros
Loved the hours with weekends off
Cons
Health-care facilities
Organized and relaxed workplace
Contractor- Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Management and staffing are kind and competent. I am always informed about clinics and cancellations ahead of time. Given a lot of room for flexibility and growth.
Accounts Payable Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAFebruary 21, 2017
I love working for Quest. Such a great company to work for. Great benefit, colleagues and great supports from the management team. Quest is such a valuable company to work for.
Pros
Great benefits and pay scale
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Quest diagnostics
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Learned care360
Hands on experience
Saw the lab part of the company
Patient communication
Patient trust building
Office management was still a working progress
Pros
NONE
Cons
POOR OFFICE MANANGEMENT
Handled inbound calls from patient's and insurances about claims
Patient Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2017
Would do follow up work on claims that patients or insurance had called in about why or how we received or billed the services.
Horrible place to work - unless you love the Graveyard Shift
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2017
Upon first getting hired with Quest, I was very excited. The pay arrangement that I was told about was very lucrative. But upon actually experiencing their date and time cutoffs, you never get paid for a partial holiday that you work.

The hours are brutal - 8:30 pm to 5:00 am. They make you go to break as a group. If you leave to go to the bathroom or get a drink, your production goes down and you are penalized for that. It's all about production, production, production!

When I was there, we never saw a Supervisor. When he was there, he micromanaged everything. I would never work there again. EVER.
Very fast paced Patient Service Center
Phlebotomy II Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2017
We had a hard working crew and we believed in helping one another to keep our center number one. The hardest part of the job was having to draw the babies and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our same patients come back because they loved us because they never had to wait long.

I was also a Breath Alcohol Tech
A floater
On-site D.O.T. drug screening agent
Pros
We stayed busy and received nice bonuses annually
Cons
I sometimes had to go to more than one location in a day
Good news bad news.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2017
Learning the medical terms and conversing with Doctor and nurses on there level helped me understand my task and with that in mind i was more efficient.

Some of the blood test were for victims of incest or molestation and it was my job to read results with and impartial but compassionate voice.
Pros
learning medical terminology
Cons
No all medical terms are good to know
great company to work for.
Phlebotomist II, Lead (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 19, 2017
Quest Diagnostics has been a company such as Lab Corp that is constantly growing and constantly inventing new ways of promoting health care services. Quest withstands the test of time.
I would not recommend anyone to this company.
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2017
The company is cheap. Wants you to work overtime but reduces it somehow will even still hours If necessary. They don't care about your personal life. You are required to be at work on your death bed. Worse experience of my life.
Pros
Off on holidays
Cons
Pay and job requirments
productive
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2017
a typical day at work is very productive, i learned how to defer aliquots, bank and store specimens, data entry patient requisitions with a 10 key speed of 9000 keystrokes and wpm 60.
lot of good co-workers to work with
State Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Marysville, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Quest Diagnostics has a lot of great employees and some upper management that are great. They do not seem to have their employees best interest at heart though. Always short staffed, overworked, expected to stay late frequently, and frequently working over 40 hours a week, to cover weekends and every three months meetings that don't happen during work hours, but on employees own time.
Bulling Specialist
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Too much turnover, too much favoritism. Don't work here it's not worth it, better to find a more stable company. The management on cards about themselves
Cons
Overall good company with solid core values
Professional (Former Employee) –  SoutheastFebruary 16, 2017
Fairly stable company with good revenue growth. Excellent teamwork among lab testing professionals. Senior management not very "visible" to line employees.
Competitive and fast paced environment, with opportunity for college education.
Logistics Driver (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJFebruary 15, 2017
I think working for Quest Diagnostics, was an experience I will never forget. A days work can either start at 8 am or 4 pm depending on how many routes you were allowed to train for. Working in logistics I think several keys components are important when learning the dos and donts for completing ones route. We were taught defensive driving techniques, along with handling a scanner to log every specimen, bags used for specimen handling, and offices or medical centers. Management is key to giving information required by Quest Diagnostics and OSHA. Along with explaining opportunities and benefits provided to employees working for QDX.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval