Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Found 1,688 reviews matching the search
Call Center Work
Risk Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Management was okay, but training lacked and they don't provide any kind of equipment for you. You have to be perfect in all ways, not just okay or good job but perfect. You are watched 100% of the time to see if you are working or on a call or fixing a call, but you are monitored constantly and called on it when you or they think you are not working. The job itself is boring
Pros
Not too many pros
Cons
cons too many to mention here
fun work place, work as a team, busy all of the time
Phlebotomist CPT 1 (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Very busy location and I love it. All my coworkers work hard, we help each other when we need to, everyday we learn something different, we give our best to all patients.
Quiet and Independent Environment
Medical Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJFebruary 2, 2016
Enter daily invoices into the medical billing system
File and research invoices problem
Very fast pace productive environment
Hardest part was maintaining daily productive activity with problems that took away time that was not calculated
I enjoy the working independently and quiet environment
coworkers where friendly and helpful
management was always available when needed
Pros
safe and clean environment, promotes interdependence work area
Cons
short break and lunch hour, could be very stressful, high turnaround environment
Employee
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoy working for Quest. Their are so many advantages to gaining so much experience and you can move up the ladder. I work in a doctor's office and I enjoy coming to a job that appreciates you and treats you like family, even though you do not work for that office.
Great Hospital to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 30, 2016
They are very up to date on all care and make sure their employees are also, by sending all employees to update training every year.
Pros
Constantly learning
Cons
work schedule
Very challenging job as most callers are extremely rude and disrespectful.
Customer Service Rep I&per diem Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 30, 2016
I found it hard to remain professional, positive, and upbeat when speaking to Medical Assistants who were not exactly knowledgable about what they actually wanted or were calling about. However, it helped me improve my customer satisfaction skills as this was a major goal of mine.
Pros
Co workers were the best, always want to help or correct to help keep up customer satisfaction.
Cons
Lead abuses her privledges of screening your calls, especially if your on a break and on a personal call.
They don't really care much about their employess
Route Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  MOJanuary 27, 2016
In logistics with Quest the job is pretty easy and it pays better than average. There's a big downside though. They don't really care about their employees. They have people in place who's whole job is to find ways to cut peoples hours to increase profitability. Management is a mess as well. Not only do they not care if you work there or not, but everything feels like they are "winging it" instead of having an articulated plan in place. Their policies are put in place very reactionary. Their raises are pathetic also. You at least get one but don't expect any more than $.10 to $.20 an hour annually. Supposedly it's a better working environment if your higher up on the career chain but if not, they don't really care about you.
Pros
largely unsupervised work
Cons
Management, recognition, compensation
great company, flexible hours
Pathology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 26, 2016
I am contract employee so am not sure about benefits but is great working place. I like flexible working hours, great co-workers and great working environment.
Pros
flexible hours, good environment
Cons
no growth oppotunity
Was a good company to work for.
Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  West Norriton, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Was a good company to work for but the culture changed and the employee is no longer recognized or appreciated. Everything is about the bottom dollar and things are being let go where they can.
It's been interesting
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 26, 2016
I was hired in through a temp agency into specimen processing.

I've learned quite a bit here. (Most of it self-directed interests promoted by seeing types of testing that are common.)

It's the sort of place you can expect to leave each day feeling as though you haven't really been busy every second you've been there (it is production based) depending on how you approach the work.

So far, as for job functions: I've learned to split blood and urine to be sent to testing, receive specimens and verify that they meet the requirements (and match what was sent on the requisition and the requirements for the testing that was ordered).

I'd say the toughest part of the job tends to be in dealing with the supervisory staff. Most times, they aren't really matching their urgency with the current realities and most times, the communication isn't actually all that purposeful or worthwhile, which is frustrating.

The most enjoyable part of the work is knowing that I'm helping people who are sick.

Most of my co-workers are reasonably nice. There's not a whole lot of talking that goes on, being that it's a production based position and there's zero room for making mistakes.

Lunch is 45 minutes (up from 30) and there's only one 15 minute break aside from this.

There's been consistent mandatory overtime. My feelings about this are very mixed. The turnover is extremely high. Most times, it really just feels as though it would make much more sense to attempt to maintain a level of staffing that was capable of performing the work than to work everyone to the point of sickness
  more... and inability to perform as required. It seems also to stem from issues with logistics, in that a large chunk of work comes in very late that makes it highly improbable that we can meet the goals and get out on time. On the other hand, the extra money is definitely useful.  less
Pros
Good length for lunch
Cons
Bad work/life balance
A very stressful Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Everyday we saw about 150 to 160 patients a day and had all sorts from newborn to elderly. I learned that coworkers aren't your friends and you can't depend on anyone at work. Management was very disoriented and never had a straight answer for me.The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult patients and bad attitudes. The most enjoyable part was drawing blood and getting to know my patients.
fun place
Insurance (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 26, 2016
on a day to day thing we would help customers with there paperwork that they filled out and make sure all the signatures were signed and if they were not signed I would send it back to the customer
Pros
free movies
Cons
working every holiday
Great place to work with great people
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 26, 2016
As an Imaging Clerk I was to sort all the paperwork that would come in from PSC's, hospitals and doctor's offices to get ir ready to be scanned into the computer for billing purposes.
Pros
Full service Cafeteria
Large corporation mentality
Route Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Could be a great place to work, but supervisors are petty and tyrannical, and management and HR have no interest disciplining them as long as they keep cutting costs; many cost cutting ideas are detrimental to employees, and some are harming customer relations
Pros
Much work is done on the road away from lab; client interaction
Cons
Inclement weather; being in office
Enjoyed the high pace work enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 25, 2016
Great company if you can get a good manager. Some employees went above and beyond with little to no recognition, while others who were lazy employees advanced.
Very progressive modern laboratory
Group Lead, Clinical Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJanuary 24, 2016
Quest monopolized on an employee's talents and allowed them many avenues for success in the workplace. Employees were inspired to work well as a team.
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Strict upper ;management
Great Company, bad Team leadership.
Billing Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day at Quest Diagnostics, for the most part stressful.
Most reps can answer about 100 calls a day which is good it makes the day fly.I have learned how to understand medical billing, Medicare processing policies and how to understand diagnosis codes and the way it affects insurance processing. I have also learned how to processing paper and web correspondence. Management overall there's a few great team leader's that care about their employees and appreciate the work you do, then there are the ones that don't care about what you do because they are only concerned about their "favorites". They will cover up all indiscretions so the 'favorite" does not face consequences. Meanwhile, the reps that come to work every day and exceed in most areas of their job face consequence for the few things that may be done incorrectly. The co-workers overall are great. The hardest part of the job there's a few things. First is the calls, not all the patients that call in are happy you do get cussed out on the regular and you have no choice but to deal with it and try not to take it personally, which isn't always easy. Second would be the fact that while you are working with other adults it doesn't always seem that way. Most days work feels like a daycare or like you are walking into high school all over again. The most enjoyable part of the job as to be is the rare occasion when the patient is actually thankful and appreciative for your time and help with their invoice. Or when you feel acknowledged for your work and efforts to go above and beyond for the company/billing department.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great pay.
Cons
Favoritism, unappreciative management.
Work seems like too much like a factory, people are removed from patient experience
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Very high paced and high pressure environment. My perception of management is that they are disconnected with volume of work load and the pressures of working with equipment and assays that often breakdown or fail.
Great place to work and plan long time employment.
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 22, 2016
Great Place to work and they value their customers. Goes through changes at times but as long as your a good worker and give your best and always do your job (and maybe more) plus take pride in your work you will be taken care of.
Pros
If you do your job, management will leave you alone.
Cons
short staffed so you get very busy
inept management and company
pathology (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2016
Quest ruined a perfect company when they bought AmeriPath. AmeriPath knew what they were doing and all were respected. Quest is run like a conveyor belt . I would never trust my blood or specimen to Quest.