Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employer Reviews

Good benefits, bad management
Forensic Accessioning Technician (Former Employee), East Norriton, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad workplace environment
The call out system implemented by Quest Diagnostics is horrendous. If one calls out or clocks in late, one receives an occurrence point. If one calls out less than six months from the date of the incident, another occurrence point is accrued. I had an outstanding balance from this system for over TWO YEARS. I was denied Short Term Disability, which – more... put me at seven occurrences, thus terminating my job. – less
Processing and sorting human specimens for innoculation
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee), Arbutus, MarylandAugust 25, 2014
Pros: keeps you busy, interesting work if you like the medical profession
Cons: can be a lot of work at times, its monotonous
I gather specimens create worksheets label and plant specimens to look for bacteria growth.

I've learned to work as a team, but also to work unsupervised and to be able to trouble shoot and find solutions without the aide of supervisors being present.

Management is okay from the standpoint of having an open door policy.

I currently work by myself, – more... but with the co workers i've come in contact with they are very nice people.

I love the fact that I am helping someone. – less
Clinic of precision
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2014
Pros: learning something new and rewarding within to help protect life.
Cons: when the patient appears more nervous than i do.
From start to finish in a work day was a journey of knowledge and power, within myself- working for others in a way I didn't think possible. The co-workers were very knowledgeable and attentive to my needs and the needs of the patients arriving and leaving the clinic. It was honorable to work with such a professional group of women. The hardest part – more... of the job was explaining to each patient that I was a student; building that trust from the start. – less
Its never a dull moment, always busy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: no breaks other than lunch
My typical day starts as soon as I get to work, Clock in at 6:30am we have patients meeting us at the door non stop until 3:30pm. I've learned to stay positive in every situation. The management is in and out, all my co-workers work hard and the most enjoyable part of my day is that I work hard to do my best to help someone.
Nice place to work
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: little pay
If they paid just a little bit more this would be a great place to work
Excellent Company to be a part of !
Quality Assurance Specialist, DQPS - Microbiology (Former Employee), West Hills, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great employee benefits
Cons: no long vacations
Working at Quest Diagnostics has been one of the most rewarding experience in my career. The company shows the typical corporate structure, yet gives one the feel of a mom and pop operation in the way deal work with their employees, mainly because of its management culture, as well as, the culture of the employees themselves.Care, Compassion, Understanding – more... somewhat defines this corporate giant in dealing with it's employees, even in their desire for production and excellence.

The day goes by rather quickly, for there is always plenty of work to be accomplished, and in the way one interacts with co-workers, goals are met without much of a resistance.

The hardest part of my job is staying up to speed with project deadlines, yet it keeps me on my toes, and project deadlines are met successfully.

I enjoyed being the quality assurance specialist for the department, because, I truly believed that my team contributions have made a difference in improving the departments overall performance , as well as, improving supervisors performance, in the areas of production and quality.

By being a part of Quest Diagnostics, I've learned to be the best Quality Assurance Specialist, and a better management staff overall. – less
All business
Sr. Desktop Support Analyst - Contracted (Current Employee), West Hills, CAAugust 20, 2014
It is great to see a company that is goal oriented and are very serious to stay the best in the business.
productive and fun place to work
Laboratory Assistant Technician (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: cafeteria for the employees
pulling and aliquating specimens to use as controls
Organized specimens using a protocal and prepared them for testing
Prepared solutions and reagents
Cleaned and sterilizes laboratory equipment and instruments
It was a good job
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 19, 2014
this was a great company to work for I really miss working there
Productive and Easy-Going Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Halethorpe, MDAugust 19, 2014
Pros: lifestyle balance, company discounts, luncheons
Cons: salary, benefits
A typical day at work starts around 8-8:30 with preparations for the 9:30 recap/operations meeting. After the meeting, my reports are prepared for distribution to all executives, managers and supervisors. My day than continues with normal and/or extensive administrative duties. My position supports the Client Service Manager and supervisors, which allows – more... me to interact with phone representatives on a daily basis. I provide support to an office of about 20 or more, but mainly for the Managers. The hardest part of my job would honestly be making sure I meet client satisfaction in a timely manner. Working in healthcare, you deal with very sensitive and confidentional issues daily, so you always want to make sure you deliver with minimal to zero error! The most enjoyable part of the job are the relationships you build with client, Doctors and co-workers! Working here under management as taught me to become a more effective leader and a bigger voice not only for myself but the company. I am a much stronger Administrative Assistant! – less
Laid back work environment, excellent benefits
Route Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Interacted with multiple clients on a daily basis, fast paced day that allows the RSR to move freely throughout the day with limited restrictions, great co-workers and best supervisor I ever had. My only complaints are second shift which meant late nights, repetitive nature of the route and not much chance for advancement. Most enjoyable parts are not – more... having a supervisor (although, I do love the guy to death) looking over your shoulder all day and not being trapped in the office. – less
Great benefits
PST/MLT/RMA (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: hours of operation, no micromanagement
Cons: does not pay very well in this part of the state, no advancement
Great company with good benefits. Not much room in this territory for advancement. Must be self-sufficient and a very patient person.
Friendly OB/GYN office
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches and the doctors were down to earth
Cons: small work area
Shared lab with opposing laboratory employee, very small work area. 3 doctors in 1 office. Had to be very organized and meticulous. Most patients were pregnant, so it was great sharing their experiences and joys of pregnancy. Supervisor would stop by unannounced, which made it difficult, patient flow was very steady and it made it hard to step away – more... to talk – less
great coworkers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bayou Blvd Pensacola FLAugust 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time spent with this company. Wasn't happy that my manager was never there at our location. He was always traveling and was never able to address our needs as employees.
good work and great people
Courier, Logistics Department (Former Employee), cincinnati, ohioAugust 13, 2014
Pros: friendly people, work was fun, interesting and changing enough to keep it fun
Cons: lack of pay
I really liked my time there with quest. They just don't pay enough to make it a career. people are great, management listened, just a really great place.
Management/No advancement
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 12, 2014
Poorly managed laboratory environment; unorganized
Little to no advancement or interest in career development
Best Job I Ever Had
Part-time Driver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: getting out on the road everyday, working for a great supervisor, and working with clientel in the medical field.
I loved getting out on the road for Quest-Diagnostics as a part-time driver with a rural route here in the Tallahassee area. I felt the job was important and took great pride in meeting the demands of my employer and our clients. My supervisor, Joe Collins, is a great human being and won my respect and trust. I hated to leave the job, but the sudden – more... responsibility for raising a ten-year-old grandchild, required me to obtain a full-time job. I especially enjoyed meeting the various doctors, nurses and medical techs in the various small towns where I stopped to deliver medical items and picked-up specimens for analysis. I looked forward each day to meeting my new friends at those clinics, doctor offices and hospitals. – less
Great company that collaborated with Pfizer.
SALES (Former Employee), MOAugust 9, 2014
Great Pharmaceutical training and sales strategies.
Lipitor, Chantix, Protonix, Toviaz
Great Place to work
Interviewer (Current Employee), Lee's SummitAugust 7, 2014
Pros: overtime, benefits, vacation time, hours
Cons: low tolerance for stupid people who can't speak the english language correctly, too many right out of high school kids who don't care about the work, but just collect a paycheck
I love going to work every day knowing that there is plenty of work that will allow me to have as much OT as I want. I enjoy the atmosphere and most of the managers are great. However the promotion and advancement is not so great. The people I'm supposed to look up to some are dumb as rocks.
Very fast-paced work environment
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: full-service cafeteria on-site, unlimited overtime
Cons: poor management
A typical day at work for me would include sorting specimens according to where they needed to be stored, and re-pulling the specimens for other departments throughout the building.
I learned a lot about different types of specimens and how to store them properly depending on what type of specimen was received.
The management at Quest Diagnostics was – more... overall terrible in the department where I worked. My co-workers on the other hand, were very pleasant and awesome team players.
The hardest part of my job was the demand for the specimens. As soon as the department would get the specimens stored, they were being pulled again for another department. Falling behind wasn't hard to do while working in this particular department.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be getting the satisfaction of completing my job in a timely fashion and being recognized for doing so. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 – Read more

Quest Diagnostics Photos