Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employer Reviews

Busy Phlebottomist
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: poor management
I started with Quest Diagnostics as a Phlebotomist through a Temp Agency called All Medical. I enjoyed my work but found that the management wasn't very good. When we all had concerns or questions, our manager was Missing in Action. We got new management and we were not treated fairly. I learned a lot about how to process specimens, lot's of hands on – more... experience I would have never received if I had worked elsewhere. The hardest part of my job was when I was placed at a one person laboratory. There was no back up in the event of an emergency and I had 2 emergency situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients. I also enjoyed the team I was privelaged to work with. – less
High Production Laboratory
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 13, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: large company
Large laboratory with complex assays.

Great company to gain experience in laboratory work.
I liked working there and meeting new people.
Phlebotomy Float (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: working with great people everyday!!
Cons: my contract ending through aerotek
Very fast paced, made the day go by quick, learned the Quest way of doing things. My co-workers were very helpful and kind. The hardest part of my job was trying to practice the new computer system while working every day in a fast pace environment, not much time to do anything else. I feel the most enjoyable part of the day was going to work. I love – more... doing my job!!! – less
I loved my job!
Supervisor, Executive & Administrative Services (Former Employee), Mason, OHApril 11, 2014
I loved my job and would definately still be at Quest Diagnostics if I was not a casuality of a reduction in force and re-org.
a lot of changes in the works
Teleinterviewer (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOApril 11, 2014
they were remodeling the building when I was there, a lot of issues with coworkers not working the required overtime
Very stable
Account Executive - Prescription Drug Monitoring (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 10, 2014
Demanding, high pressure sales environment. Very heavy on servicing. Very stable company. Great benefits.
Temporary Position
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Milford, CTApril 10, 2014
After being laid off from a company that had to downsize, I was hired as a temporary employee and then hired permanent. Great and fun place to work, but I wanted to get back into an office setting.
No incentive and no Growth
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Long Island, NYApril 7, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: bad pay, inconsistent work environment, no career ladder, bad management.
I have over 15 years of laboratory experience and Quest is the worst structured lab environment one could possibly experience. Their revenue claim is 5B-10B yet their pay is shyte. They do not have a decent career ladder.There is no investment in employee growth via education and/or technology. And though they boast of Total Quality Management, their – more... practice is so far away from patient first, it is embarrassing. The recent advert for a MT (Lead) at $21/hr is an insult especially considering our counterparts (RN BS) would make the double. I have earned two degrees directly related to my profession at Quest and a plethora of certificates and I have not received 1 cent or even mobility upward. The ONLY enjoyable part of this job is the patients. tsk tsk I would love to sit down and debate the pros and cons with the corporate heads. – less
Caring for Patient
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Wichita, KsApril 6, 2014
Pros: luches with clients, was nice.
Cons: short luches at some clients
A typical day at work. I would meet some really interesting people, from young to the elderly. Some whom were afraid of getting their blood drawn to some whom have had it done too many times in their lives.

My job was to make them as comfortable as possible and I knew it was done when they would say, "it didn't hurt, and you did it better than anyone – more... else."

Management, would always admit to me, "you are good at what you do, drawing blood." And co-workers, would reassure patients I would get them when they seemed afraid and unsure of me when they first met me.

Being correct the first time, making sure of yourself. Confidence in what you do makes the patient feel comfortable and then they trust you. In other wards, one stick when drawing a patient is a big plus.

A big smile on a patients face and thank you when you are done. For getting them in the first try/attempt. – less
gooooood
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 3, 2014
gooood...........................................................................................
made few friends. young and fearless
Clinical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 3, 2014
learning something new everyday.
a lot of interactions with co-workers.
GOSSIP CENTRAL
customer service rep (Former Employee), tampa, flApril 2, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: management and gossip
Management plays favorites, you can not trust anyone their they are quick to talk about you I though this was a place to work and a good company which I could eventually grow with but again management plays favorites and it's like middle school with all the drama and gossip ridiculous
Very productive and team work
Laboratory Associate, Molecular Microbiology Dept (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 2, 2014
Cons: long distant for home
Very professional environment as far as management and coworkers. I learned different assays and techniques, training and lectures were provided. It was a great learning and working experience. Working in the lab was challenging and motivating.
Fast-paced with friendly and professional atmosphere
Phlebotomist (IOP) (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: having little supervision and working only 4 days a week
Cons: sometimes not having a long enough lunch due to patient load
I worked out of a doctors office where I took care of drawing all their patients. Not only did I have to draw their blood but I also processed all the specimens and got them ready for the labs to pick up, distributed the results to the doctors, ordered supplies, kept draw station well stocked, kept statistics, computer entry, and had to work one Saturday – more... out of the month in a Patient Service Center.
Because of my experience, I did not need a lot of supervision and was able to work on my own, at my own pace. – less
Quest Diagnostics
HR Rep II/Jr Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Good company with excellent client services as top priority.
Productive and experienced
Lab Technician, Microbiology (Former Employee), Dublin, CAMarch 31, 2014
It was fun working in this laboratory since this is where I started in the lab.

I was able to handle huge workloads
I get along well with my co-workers
I was very dedicated
work day
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Farmers Branch, TXMarch 31, 2014
I enjoy working with the interface vendors and training new employees. Using Webex or Dameware to resolve all problems, taking between 30 to 40 calls in a day.
A nice workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Fairlawn, NJMarch 31, 2014
Collecting specimens and processing them to be sent to a laboratory for further testing. I learned a plethora of medical terminology, icd-9 codes, physiological reasons for tests being ordered by a physician, and most important: How to treat patients and make their experience as easy and comfortable as possible.

My co-workers were wonderful people – more... and very easy to work with. – less
GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT
Patient Representative/Float /Part-Time (Current Employee), Teterboro, NJMarch 30, 2014
MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES. no real benefit
Very Enjoyable
Phlebotomist / Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great pay, benifits, attitudes
Cons: cant really think of any.
Working for quest was the perfect dream job for a phlebotomist. I absolutely loved working for quest. My everyday at first was only from 9 to 12. Then I started working from 4 am till 1230 pm. I would start my day by going to three different nursing homes. then I would travel to my patient service center where I would spin my blood work double and triple – more... check my work and then I would process my work and ship it off. I would also help open the site or if someone called off I would open it myself. We dealt with patients from all ages and nationalities. It was an all around great job. My most enjoyable things would be our company meetings and how they really made you feel like they cared. It was nice to see all my other co-workers that you have built bonds with. The hardest part of my job I would have to say was some of my nursing home patients that would be disorderly. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 – Read more

Quest Diagnostics Photos