Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,837 reviews matching the search
Phlebotomy
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2016
A typical day consist of preparing bodily fluids for analysis, administer blood tests, laboratory requisition. As well as occassionally working with computers in a high pace environment
My time at Quest Diagnostics
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 3, 2016
Quest Diagnostics was a fast paced draw station type processing center. I enjoyed my time there and adored my patients, but for me a clinic or doctors office setting is more appealing to me. Management and my co-workers was a joy t work for and with. It's important to have that team work feeling and we did. The hardest part of the job was knowing the crowds we had everyday was hard on the fasting patients. And my patient care was my favorite of all. I am a people person, so I never meet a stranger. It's important to me to put someone at ease when nervous about being stuck by a needle or if they were sick at the time of the blood draw. I am very accurate with my venipuncture on all ages. I was always told how I didn't hurt them (the patient). I always liked hearing that. The last thing a phlebotomist wants to do it hurt someone. I take great care of my patients in any way I can.
Pros
Fast paced, which made the day fly by
Cons
The crowds we had made it hard on the fasting patients
challenging,fun
Phlebotomist Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 2, 2016
great working with people. i enjoyed coming in everyday to eager smiling patients. challenging at times if scheduled to work alone. overall great company
Great place
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2016
This job is amazing only issue is that this shift was a third shift and with starting school I would be unable to attend work.
Great place to work !!!!
Senior Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2016
Working at QUEST Diagnostics was a great experience for me. Cooperation between departments was never an issue, projects were completed on time.

My most enjoyable part of the job was helping the employees. Fixing their hardware and software problems, training them on new technologies.
Pros
I had flexable starting hours
Comfortable place and lovely people to work with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 28, 2016
I loved going into work in the mornings, I was always greeted by my coworker with a "Good Morning!" followed by a huge grin. This job taught me more than I ever thought possible; Being in the field gave me so many "Ah-Ha" moments. I felt wanted and needed most days, and patients loved me. I did find pediatric sticks daunting at first but in the long run I found that it was a challenge I wanted to take and knew I could perform. Phlebotomy is the one thing I love doing and know I'm great at.
enjoyable job
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 28, 2016
a typically day at quest diagnostic. I see bout 70 to 100 patients, childern, babies, elderly, also putting in orders, processing specimens, send out, gestational testing, etc. You will learn how to enter labs, process, learn the professional way to handle patients. The coworker are friendly and fun to work with, and they help make the day go by a a lot faster. the enjoyable part is clocking out when u completed your work
Pros
free parking, free lunches
Cons
30 min lunch breaks working 10+ hrs
Productive work environment
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
Picked up diagnostics samples to and from doctors offices around the city.

Did not learn much.

Most management didn't care about the rank and file.

Co workers felt the same as I did about the lack of concern for the rank and file.

Job wasn't hard at all, the hours were not that great.

My co workers and clients were the highlights of my job
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Pay was terrible
Quest
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 27, 2016
I like working at Quest. They just didn't have enough hours available for me. They asked me to work as a float but didn't want to pay me the float hourly rate.
little or no internal appraisal
Route Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 26, 2016
Specimen pick ups and drop off to the lab, Maintain specimen at their required temperature, ensure proper handling and no lost of specimen.
Amazing company to work for.
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNApril 24, 2016
There are so many good things that I can say about Quest Diagnostics. I worked in fast paced two physician office. I felt welcomed by Quest and the Doctors that practiced there. Quest makes you feel like part of the company not just an employee. Their benefit packages and share holdings are amazing. Not to mention that they offer advancement within the company the as well. Their wages are comparable with other companies, if not better than most. The whole company works as a team to deliver the best patient care available.
Great employment
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAApril 23, 2016
Space for learning and growth. Company takes pride in their staff and work ethics. Staff friends and professional. Loved the experience willing to go back
Employees and Patients Should Run For Their Lives
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2016
What healthcare? This is the new norm. Profits, profits, and more profits. It just made me sick to be part of Quest. I understand it is a business, but really? No one cares if you are a good person or you are very polite with patients and try to reduce their pain while they are stuck with a needle. No one cares how you obtain the blood as long as you obtain it and there is an insurance provider on file to be charged. The only thing important for Quest is what is the percentage of patients' credit card numbers phlebotomists enter in the computer system. Even if the patient dies due to false test results, the company will still charge the credit card for services provided.
Pros
Whaaaaat?
Cons
There are no prayers enough to help this lost company.
What a Nightmare
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2016
I was shocked what a low level employer this is. They have no respect for their employees, treat them like low level job seeking suckers, and the supervisors are like "My way or the highway!". If you don't even slightly conform with the big corporation rules, then you are not worthy to stay there. Meetings are like a military one way briefing. The only information presented during meetings is the one that the supervisor depends on for her paycheck. There are no discussions, no time for employees' main concerns or issues about patients, just difficult to understand rules and procedures. I have to give them credit though, there is food provided at every meeting. Quite a nightmare place to work due to all the supervisor's corporate military style management. I made a mistake working for the company.
Pros
Not a single one
Cons
Rude and unqualified for the position supervisor.
Very Bad Employer
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2016
Very unstable place to work at. Before i started working for Quest, i had very high respect for the company. It is the largest lab in the US and they have many job applicants, so it must be a stable and respectful employer. I did not know how wrong i have been. Of the not so small group of phlebotomists working for Quest in the area, 8 out of 10 phlebotomists worked for Quest for a year or less. There is extremely high employee turnover. Some of them leave unsatisfied and many of them are laid off. Since some of the phlebotomists are placed to work in a physician's office, if this office changes their schedule or cancels services which happens frequently, then there might be no other place for the employee and they have to be laid off. It seems like that the company is actually benefiting from the high turnover and supervisors encourage it. Who needs people to stay longer and ask for more money or a better job anyway. Its is not worth it even applying for a job with Quest, there is nothing good there.
Pros
Cons
It is just a bad place to work at.
1st phlebotomist job
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 20, 2016
i grew as a phlebotomist a person here. theres ups and downs here like any other company. i will always be grateful for my experience.
Very productive and loving place to work for.
Rep, PS II (Phleb) (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work is the greatest, because I enjoy my patients and my co-workers, it is heaven to work where I do. I learn from each and every experience I have with each of them. The hardest part of my job is when I leave it for the day, until the next day. I love what I do and all of them love me too. I can not say anything negative about my job, except that before I retire I would like to experience another job, for I have been at this one for fifteen years, just to experience new faces and a new place.
Pros
It is a great place to work for.
Temporary ONLY
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 18, 2016
far from the greatest place in the world to work. extremely unorganized. does not promote growth from within. wouldn't recommend this job for anyone who wants to move up in the company. EXTREMELY OVER WORKED AND UNDER PAID. its a revolving door for the staff.
Pros
Cons
n/a
good
Processor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2016
work with drug screens, blood work, and specimens. its a very good job and requires a lot of focus. be aware of what you are doing as well.
Almost 15 years experience working with medical insurance billing.
Billing Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2016
I would enter a patient medical requisition into the system under whichever insurance they had and enter patient information as well as ICD10 codes. If there was a written diagnosis, I would look for the proper ICD10 code. I have learned so much about medical coding and would like to continue in this line of work. I got along with my supervisors and co-workers. It was always so busy that the day would go by fast. Too fast sometimes. I also did quality control checking for errors for about a year.
Pros
Enjoyed working there great benefits.
Cons
Changes with the company led to layoffs for the Denver billing department.