Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,867 reviews matching the search
They don't really care much about their employess
Route Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  MOJanuary 27, 2016
In logistics with Quest the job is pretty easy and it pays better than average. There's a big downside though. They don't really care about their employees. They have people in place who's whole job is to find ways to cut peoples hours to increase profitability. Management is a mess as well. Not only do they not care if you work there or not, but everything feels like they are "winging it" instead of having an articulated plan in place. Their policies are put in place very reactionary. Their raises are pathetic also. You at least get one but don't expect any more than $.10 to $.20 an hour annually. Supposedly it's a better working environment if your higher up on the career chain but if not, they don't really care about you.
Pros
largely unsupervised work
Cons
Management, recognition, compensation
Overworked & underpaid
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KS 66219March 28, 2016
Typical corporation - work with as few resources as possible and keep adding responsibilities without an increase in pay. You can ask the same question to 5 different people and you will receive 5 different answers; everyone seems to just "wing" it. The account managers are merely glorified customer service reps. They are entirely responsible for anything and everything to do with the account from the time the account is setup to billing & payment issues. The company does not entrust other departments (other than client services) to communicate with the clients. This leaves the account manager to deal with account setup, supply, collection site, and all billing issues including contacting your book of business every 2 - 3 months for anything that happens at the company. No time to be an account manager because you're being reactive and putting out fires daily instead of getting the opportunity to be proactive. The company tries to offer fun, bonding, and learning activities, but everyone is so overworked and busy that they are unable to enjoy or join in.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Work long hours, very minimal raises, no accountability with other departments, lack of leadership
SP - Greensboro - MUCH IMPROVEMENT NEEDED
Specimen Processing (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 15, 2015
Night shift supervisory leaves MUCH to be desired. Lead supervisor on third shift is nearly completely incompetent and spends the bulk of the evening ensuring that he never has to actually do any work. Very indecisive management. Never enough employees (because they're constantly firing everyone) and next to zero growth opportunities. Repetitive and boring workload (but what isn't these days, anyway?)
The plus side: decent matching on 401(k) (after 12 months), tuition reimbursement, opportunities for relocation, corporate discounts (auto/home insurance, phone service and more), employee stock purchase plan, etc. etc. Health benefits kinda suck, dental is AWESOME (really!), vision is okay.
Pros
Overall package
Cons
Mandatory overtime, bad management, horrible work/life balance, extremely high turnover, filthy (and I mean filthy) laboratory setting.
Great Benefits, Lousy Upper Management
Connectivity Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2016
25+ yrs with company. Position Eliminated & subsequently outsourced overseas.

Most direct Managers were excellent. Upper Management was terrible! They had no first-hand knowledge of our customer's needs! They pushed Quantity over Quality.

Benefits were excellent, aside from some major changes with plan coverage over the past 2 years.

Was proud to work for the company....until they callously cut 70% of our IT workforce, without regard to our Customer's needs!
Perfect
Rep, PS 2 (Phleb) (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 26, 2016
I can honestly say that it has been such an amazing job to work at. Management is great and very understanding. The only thing I can say is whatever pay you start with you must be happy because there are no big increase amount from there. You should negotiate to what you will be satisfied with. You get great benefits like student tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Great work environment and staff
Cons
Pay stays about the same over the years
not enough staff
CA-Limited License Technologist II (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAMarch 10, 2016
Quest Diagnostics is one leaders in the clinical laboratory field. However, the benefits are not great, there are not enough employees to cover the workload, and because of this management tolerates poor work performance.
Pros
job security
Cons
terrible work hours, not enough training, crowded work spaces, and not enough parking
quest was the best place i have worked at
Anatomic Pathology Resolution Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2016
i started in 1998 till 2015 i was able to work my way up in this company .I started as a processor then worked myself up to be a group lead in the microbiology dept as a plater the last five years i moved to the pathology department working with 30 pathologist .I was a problem solver had to be on the phone be the middle man between the surgeons and the pathologist also answer questions when needed it was hard and sad but quest merged with ameripath and they had the capacity to gross larger body parts so alot of us lost our jobs .
Pros
everything had great benefits
Cons
lost my job
no advancement horrible pay
Senior Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2015
this company has horrible pay raises and salary. micro management and very nosey co-workers always worried about what your doing not focused on their own work and self. management plays favorites and will act like it's no big deal. The company does not pride it's employees enough to pay for supplies and give any types of lunches or holiday party's they expect supervisors to pay out of their pocket to help have decent parties and feel appreciated.
Productive, busy, challenging and exciting work environment
Senior Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2016
I'm so proud working for Quest Diagnostics, with over 13 years experience working daily in a friendly environment where the patient is at the center of everything. In the billing process, I gained friends talking directly to patients, insurance companies and healthcare providers. It was with deep sadness when all employees were terminated due to reduction enforced.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Billing Department Relocation
Handled adminstrative duties for the Sales Manager and (20) Sales Reps
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 4, 2015
A typical day was organizing any sales meetings, making sure all reps Blackberry's was functioning, sending any correspondence requested by the Manager, scheduled flights, hotels rooms, meeting rooms, video equipment, menus for regional meetings. At Quest Diagnostics, I started in the billing department, interviewed for the position of Administrative Assistant for the General Manager, HR Manager, Compliance Manager, and Sales Manager. I received that promotion and as the company grew and more Admins was added to the workforce, I made the choice to remain with the Sales Manager and HR Manager. Due to more organizational changes, I remained with the sales force until retirement.
Pros
A very supportive management staff, and the benefits were excellent.
Cons
The usual company politics
goal oriented company with employee focus
Florida Sales Triage (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2015
I've worked for Quest Diagnostics for 16 1/2 years and would continue to work for them but am trying to relocate to Tulsa, OK to be closer to my family. I started as an temp and was hired on within 6 months, i then became a custmer service rep and then after 9 years transferred to the billing department to start a new challenge. The patient billing department is great place to work, no matter what team i was on , we were family. I've learned to identify denails from 3rd party carriers and educate known issues to Sales Reps inquiring for external clients. Most enjoyable part of the job was our team working as one unit. I love going to work everyday. I will miss them and honored to say I'll always have a home there
Pros
Great benefits from day 1, paid time off, advancement and growth
Cons
not in Okalahoma (seriously no cons in my 16 1/2 years)
Learned alot during employment there
Courier/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 30, 2015
As per resume, logistics courier/dispatcher. Have taken on new tasks. I believe I have a great rapport with not only management, supervisors, coworkers, but also other employees in other departments throughout the lab. I would say that the hardest part of the job is not having coverage at dispatch desk to just get a few minutes away for a breather, as the phones are extremely busy.
Pros
Goalsharing bonus
Cons
Lack of management communication as to how it affects your undertaking of tasks, supplies, responsibilities that one should really not be handling, but needs to be done. No raise or change of title for taking on much more than expected of others.
productive company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 2, 2016
I loved working at Quest, would go back in a heartbeat, I am greatful for the opportunity, salary,benefits and perks were great, I learned a lot, being that I never worked in IOP setting, I had really great trainers and with that knowledge, I believe quest has prepared and taught me how to be more productive in an iop setting
Most of the co-worker worked as a team
Senior Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2016
First thing pulled reports, bank statements, and sent information to management. went about my work and interacted with co-workers when needed input from them.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with nice people
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of appreciation from higher management
Good
Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CAMarch 10, 2016
Good opportunities to grow within the company. However, compensation is low. Employees could use more training. Good amount of overtime available. Consistent work.
Pros
good management
Cons
not enough training, low compensation
We had a Vending machine(being sarcastic)
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 22, 2015
The management made the environment very stressful and frustrated. You are not allow to talk to anyone while work, but only certain people of certain race are allow to do so. If you want to advance he will create obstacles for you not to advance. No appreciation for employees, manager just makes all employees get in a very bad attitude and stress everyone. co-workers are great but management is so unprofessional and rude to employees. No confidentiality at all.We lost alot of great coworkers recently due to the EGO of the manager. I for warn u before you apply(The manager is VERY SELFISH, Has a BAD TEMPER, The Supervisor is no help if we shorthanded and we are occasionally you would think one of them will come out and help being this supposed to be a team thing, No they leave early and complain they dont pay me enough
Pros
coworkers benefits
Cons
Great and challenging place to work at
Patient Services District Manager, South Florida (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 14, 2015
My typical day was dealing with staff meetings, contractors, vendors and clients. Monitoring day to day functions, Every morning we would have our 8am operational call to review all sites were running and staffed appropriate. Oversee staff of over 300 employees.

I learned to partnered successfully with our clients, sales and other departments. Work directly with supervisors and employees to achieve results. Train, coach and mentor staff. I had great co-workers that all worked directly to achieve a common goal.

The hardest part of the job was traveling out of town for days and the most enjoyable part was never having the same day. There was always a problem to solve. (staffing, logistics, weather or high client demands)
Pros
Healthcare benefits, 401K and goal sharing
Cons
The job never stop. Received calls thru the night
Productive, Fun, Educational Environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 22, 2015
Let me first start by saying that I LOOOOOVE my job! This experience has been amazing, I love when patients tell me "You're Good!" I find it easy to get to work each day, as I enjoy what I do each day! I am always learning new things as in regards to testing. The hardest part of my job is when I have a difficult stick, or a patient with smaller veins and you may have to stick them more than once.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Small veins
Fun and exciting place to work! I love this place!
SPECIMEN TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 5, 2015
A work day consisted of receiving and processing specimens. Although the work load was very heavy, it was fun to learn and do. I learned how to do "stat" requisition, how to find missing and lost specimens and what "TIQ"( test in question) meant and how to solve it. Management was awesome. Because we were on production, we had contests on who could key in the most reqs every hour. They gave out prizes for the best performers such as extended lunch breaks, dinning coupons, gift cards, etc. They made it fun to come to work every night. We also had potlucks and company lunches and dinners. The benefits were awesome. We received bonuses every year and depending on how good the company did during that year, the higher the bonus. The hardest part of the job to me in the beginning was having to get use to working over night. The best part was learning and seeing different and exciting specimens that came through our lab. The best job I ever had!!!!!
Pros
Contests w/prizes and just being around fun and exciting people
Cons
working overnight
Good Place to work however too many Reorgs
Withheld (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2015
Used to be a great place to work, however in the past few years it has become a very stressful environment with very little job security. Quest has gone through 3 major Reorgs in the past 5 years. They have also outsourced the majority of their IT infrastructure and technical support to both domestic and international companies.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Too many corporate reorganization, Poor communication between departments.