Quest Diagnostics

1.5K reviews

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Great company who rewards employees for efficient productivity
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Always busy but pretty easy work
Cons: can't move up
Gives bonuses and raises based on the profits of the company so you do your job well, company does well, you benefit. I worked for the Toxicology Dept (aka Forensic Scientist). They have many ways for you to move in between departments but are mostly lateral moves, not so much seen for advancement
Can make a difference to a patient
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Games in the cafeteria, small gym, showers, quiet room
Cons: Missing one day will cost you an occurrence no matter the reason - 3 occurrences = write up
This job is certainly not boring. You are on the phone's all day talking to around 70 - 100 people a day. You play an important role in getting results out to patients and doctors. The co-workers are great. – more... You can ask them anything and they will help you out. The hardest part of the job is when you get an irate patient who will yell and carry on and ask to speak to the CEO and threatens to write a letter to the president because they are so angry. And it's all because they do not agree with Quest Diagnostics policies and how things are done within the company. I've learned how to handle such irate patients and how to de-escalate a patient so that we can get on to solving the problem. – less
Company overall
Phlebotomy Group Lead (Current Employee), Teterboro, NJAugust 29, 2015
Company focuses on its growth without much care for its employees. Supervision lacks knowledge and caring for people bellow
Ok place to work.
Phlebotomy Service Representative II (Former Employee), Chalfont, PAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Pay, management, worked every other weekend, short staffed.
Worked as a Phlebotomist in a Patient Service Center. Enjoyed Drawing blood and helping the patients. Benefits were good but pay could have been better.
Productive and fun place to work
Heavy data entry skills, 10key by touch (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Hard to switch from night shift to day shift
Working the night shift, time went by fast. Calm environment. I enjoyed being able to listen to my headset and do my work. I enjoyed working with everyone on my shift. The only reason I left was due to needing a day shift.
good people
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company, Most of the other coworkers I dealt with were friendly and outgoing. Each office has its own vibe that works well with the employees.
Fast paced and exciting.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Plano TxAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and fun co workers.
Cons: No overtime
Has great people and great benefits. Job stability and flexablity. Can get very busy sometimes. I work in a doctors office not at a draw center.
A good company to work for
Courier Connection (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: I was a contractor with them and I must say I was always treated kindly by everyone in the facility
Cons: The pay for a contractor couldve been better
I did contract work for Quest for two years and I really loved the environment. From the security to managers everyone is friendly. The workload isn't too hard.
place you can grown as an employee
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 25, 2015
A dynamic supportive place to work and opportunity provide care to individuals with health care need. The management is very supportive of staff.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: great time off policy
Cons: very demanding
excellent training program. Great work environment. Plenty of room for advancement. Management seems to want you to succeed by working with you and supplying the appropriate training.
Overall not bad, depends on the department and it's people.
Lab Administrator / purchasing coordinator (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Lack of communication
 Ordered, tracked and maintained stock of all materials needed throughout the lab
 Maintained communications between Purchasing dept. and lab personnel
 Performed daily, monthly and quarterly inventories – more...
 Kept, and maintained all the labs order/delivery files up to legal standards
 Medical Transcriptionist
 Managed random projects from lab supervisors, Lab manager, Purchasing determent, and corporate controllers – less
na
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Bay cove Day Rehab. Working there has allowed me to gain confidence and experiance. Bay Cove is all about team work, We've all learned to work together to meet the clients requirements. I wouldn't say my position for the job was hard however i've learned that hard work pays off. Seeing my clients, bosses, co-workers being happy with my work brings me joy.
productive
Registered Phlebotomist/Lab Technician (Former Employee), TUCKERAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: n/a
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Best company ever!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Best co-workers ever!!!
I totally loved working for Quest and wish I was still there. I had an opportunity to learn so many things I didn't know before. My co-workers were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working on several committees and being part of wonderful charities throughout Orange County.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Lapeer, MIAugust 19, 2015
Quest does care about their employees and has great benefits. I would have never left if I didn't pursue a different career.
good place to work for.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 19, 2015
good place to work as long as your doing what you suppose to, nobody bothers you. its a friendly enviroment all over the company.the hardest part of the job is when everthing comes in the same day at the same time. And some one is out on that day.the most enjoyable part will be when we get it all done.
Great job
Temp (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJAugust 16, 2015
A lot of work needs to be done but accuracy is extremely important. Many opportunities available. Co-workers were nice and helpful.
very stressful, demanding, no compassion
Medical Billing / Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee), Port Chester, NYAugust 16, 2015
Work is there to do some of the people are really cool
I think Quest is a nice place to work. Its just that some of the locations maybe not and I believe its because of the Managers they take the office very personal as if it is their own and they do as they like. Manager watches you from home on camera etc
Management was unprofessional
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAAugust 16, 2015
Overall it would have been a great place to work if management was experienced and professional. I did not enjoy my time there because I felt there was to many issues going on in the company that need to be resolved.
The Worst
Med Tech (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Cafeteteria and Gym (although you have to be a Quest Employee)
Cons: Poor management and training program for new hires.
My first day was a huge red flag when introduced to my team lead who upon working with further had no place being in a leadership role. She spent a lot of time bad mouthing other employees and i'm not – more... sure if she knew people could hear what she was saying. Whenever I had a question she would become irritable like someone just overcooked her dinner. Asking employees about the department and about the equipment resulted in being scolded by the team lead and her saying i should ask her the questions. The hours are horrible and you won't have much of a social life or regular sleep schedule for that matter. I heard over many conversations how worried coworkers were about being fired for unknown reasons so as to shore up OT for Quest employees. A manager or leadership role will not tell you this you will receive a phone call. Don't apply here if you want to do anything w your life outside testing urine samples for steroids and heroine its really a waste of your time but hey they moneys good and if you want to do boring work with terrible people this is the place to work. – less
Employees