Quest Diagnostics
1,068 reviews

Quest Diagnostics Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee), Madison, NJNovember 19, 2014
I have 25 years of phlebotomy experience. The hardest part of my job was not having good management. I was happy to leave this company but I do miss my patients.
Group Lead
Group Lead (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: healthcare
• Lead over 60 Medical Technologists in administering vitamin D, testosterone, aldosterone, reverse T3, and vitamin B1 tests. Also, making the schedule for all 60 employees on 3 different shifts.
• Assist the QA Coordinator in preparing the department for audits and in developing SOP’s to ensure compliance with company safety, production, and quality – more... operations policies, including adapting existing procedures for quicker response times and instrument changes.
• Investigate and resolve testing problems as needed, and recommend a course of action to laboratory management.
• Regularly handle various complex instruments such as liquid chromatography mass spectrometry and high-performance liquid chromatography equipment.
• Maintained staff safety by conducting task demonstrations, minimizing risk of injury, contamination, or equipment malfunction.
• Collaborated with LCMS/MS department supervisors to troubleshoot analytical methods and sample testing issues in order to reduce cost of instrument replacement and water import.
• Perform inventory, purchasing, and routine maintenance of department equipment, including thermometers, weight scales, refractors, and material handling equipment.
• Train new hires on various assays including vitamin D, testosterone, aldosterone, reverse T3, and vitamin B1 tests and company policies and procedures, and assisted in supervising departmental staff such as Medical Technologists, Technicians, and Lab Assistants.
• Lead department meetings, and achieved over 100 hours of education leadership. – less
Ok Place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Parkland, WANovember 18, 2014
I do everything in the office by myself.
In work alone
I love working with people that is the best part my patients
Independantancy while working
Forensics Lab Specimen Technician (Current Employee), Tucker, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: medical care
Cons: working hours
A typical day at work includes arriving at work on time, Greeting my coworkers and updating myself on the current work that needs to be completed. The hardest part of my Job would be the 3rd shift hours. Management tends to be very helpful with any questions our team may have.
Good company to get a start with
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: good phlebotomy experience
Cons: lack of advancement
It is challenging to get your first job as a phlebotomist.
As there is quick turnover at Quest, there is lots of opportunity as a new phlebotomist to be hired and get experience. Beyond that, there is not as much opportunity to advance in the company. This is perhaps one of the reasons for the quick turnover.
excellent ,productive
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: good healthcare
nice place to work ,very professional,Im enjoined working with them
Productive and fast pace enviroment
Process Technician (Current Employee), Audubon, PANovember 16, 2014
Good company but not best environment for challenging employees by utilizing skills and room for advancement.
Productive and fun work place
Lab Aide (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day was getting my work started by putting the reagents in the machines to run the testing. What I learned was how to put the right reagents in the right spots of the machine. The managements was very helpful and resourceful. The co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part was long hours. The most enjoyable part was working upper management.
Ok
Lab Processor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything except the money
Could have been worse. Ive worked for a lot of places that dont value their employees and this place was just like those. Goodpay if you worked overnight but the mgmt was one sided. Treated certain employees better than others. Not enough training was given on PPE and a lab tech was exposed to HIV positive blood and had to start anti-virals immediately.
most enjoyable part of job
PSR II Lead (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: you can work your way up if you want to grow
Cons: not much time for a break
Taking care of patients ! Turning bad and scary experiences into fun and positive experiences.
Disgruntled employees. Management appeared unhappy no matter how hard employees worked.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: helping doctors, nurses and patients with patient test results.
Cons: not being appreciated by the company.
Before shift employees walk in to sit at their desks,they are given orders to get to work right away, without a kind hello or good morning from mangement. I learned that Doctors,Nurses and Patients prefer quality of work to a rush job. Management does not appear to be happy. Co-workers appeared and sounded disgruntled on a daily basis from various departments. – more... That alone made for a very unsavory work environment. The hardest part of the job was being treated like a machine by management. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with Physicians, Nurses, and Patients. Also,getting satisfaction knowing that I gave clear, and complete patient information and getting feedback directly from them over the phone. I did enjoy that part of the job very much. But I wish that the general work environment was more employee friendly. I also worked at the Philadelphia business campus as well as the Baltimore business campus and the overall employee morale was the same. – less
I enjoy working for Quest Diagnostic.
Sr. Phlebotomist/ Floater (Current Employee), Tucker, GANovember 10, 2014
The manager keep you inform with the lates information about new labs. They value your opions on improvement or concerns. Co-worker is always ready to help. We work as a team.
Terrible Supervisors
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Taylor, MINovember 10, 2014
Non-accommodating, rude supervisors. Worked overtime everyday, never missed a patient and gave my all to my wonderful home office, Quest is unappreciative of their employees.
Horrible management and awful micro managing
Client Services Rep I (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 9, 2014
They were rude and set most people up to fail. Couldn't stand the way management treated and micromanaged the employees. The pay was not near good enough for the job being done.
just a typical workplace nothing fancy
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: can't think of anything
We had good benefits. Good working enviroment. Respectful management. Good hrs.
Good place to grow
Lead Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 6, 2014
Great place to be if you want to be in the medical field. They give you a chance to grow with the company.
Great company to work for
Quality Assurance Coordinator and Team Lead (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2014
The people were fun, energetic, hard working, and family oriented
My current role is overseeing the Implementation of various Connectivity Products in Physician and Hospital offices
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Teterboro, NJNovember 4, 2014
-Typical day includes balancing caseloads of team members and monitoring metrics, Manage many small and medium sized projects. Collaborate in process improvement and application enhancement meetings. Work closely with all levels, front line, managers, directors, sales and other business partners
-My coworkers are some of the hardest working, customer – more... focused and dedicated group of people I have ever worked with. We are serious about our jobs but we also make sure there is enough fun and reasons to smile while at work.
-The hardest part of this job is working across BUs that are using different systems to accomplish the same tasks. Hard to standardize and cross train
-The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we are making a difference in the lives of millions of patients everyday to improve healthcare – less
Enjoyable and rewarding work with a friendly atmosphere.
Route Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: time off with pay, 401k, quest company stock fund.
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work consisted of driving at least two-hundred miles to pick up specimens and deliver reports. On this job I learned excellent customer service skills, ability to make decisions independently and how to maintain a perfect driving record. The local management for Quest Diagnostics was excellent and proved to be an outstanding place to – more... work. The co-workers were always there for any problem that arose on the job and provided excellent feedback as well as good advice. The hardest part of my job was losing it to due to down sourcing within the company. The best part of the job was maintaining friendly business relationships with customers and clients. – less
Great place for medical billing experience
Senior Billing Rep / Coder (Current Employee), Norristown, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: flex hours, dress code casual, paid time off...
Cons: lack of training and health benefits - out of pocket cost increasing more and more...
A typical day is working on worklists or phone calls made to physicians, insurance companies, or patients. I've learned ICD-9 coding, medical billing from different aspects, and patient/client customer service. Co-workers come from all walks of life. Hardest/frustrating part of a job is when you don't receive the proper training or updates needed to – more... complete the task at hand. Also, some employees don't want to share updated information to make your job easier. Health care benefits -more out of pocket expenses placed on the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits, paid time off, flex hours, and casual dress code. – less

About Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 – Read more

Quest Diagnostics Photos