Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

work day are great
good learning
management is wonderful
good culture
hardest part is finding a full-time position
most enyoyable part of the job is i work for a wonderful doctors
Pros
wonderful ppl
Cons
no fulltime
Productive workplace
Lab Assistant II and Processor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 8, 2017
It was just a job that I worked at. While I worked there, it was not the right fit for me, but I did my job efficiently and in a timely manner. I would not go back.
Call center environment
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2017
I handled inbound and outbound calls for customers who applied for life insurance policies with AAA, Primerica, State farm, and Mass Mutual. I also updated customer demographic information.
Pros
Bemefits
Cons
Manadatory overtime
Poor Management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
I've worked with this company for many years and under 5 different supervisors. Each supervisor was had their quirks, however only one of five had a handle on the basic functions of the position.
Do not work here
Processor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 5, 2017
Poorest management I have ever seen. Takes DAYS For management to reply to your emails including the main director of the lab, half the staff is not fully trained leaving the rest of the team pulling double if not triple work. This specific location has lost at least 8 employees in a matter of months and its strictly due to them being tired of nothing getting resolved and HR has not stepped in to question why this specific lab stays so understaffed. Management would rather focus on mediocre issues that actually focus on patient care and why their employees keep leaving. I personally would not trust half of the individuals to run labs on my dog. Do yourself a favor and avoid applying.
not the best
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMay 5, 2017
Not the best company to work for. They do not do a thorough investigation when trying to access a situation. They need to do better when it comes to their employees.
good
Cons
not good
A place where accuracy is the goal
Processing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2017
A work day at Quest is the collection of blood and specimen samples to be processed and diagnosed for ailments.

The culture is very individualistic in the sense that you are responsible for what you process and will be held accountable for any errors that may occur. However, management is always willing to assist in any way possible.

One has to ensure that specimens are labeled correctly for the right patient. This will result in the returned result will be reflective of the correct patient and not for another.

Being at the job, one comes across all types of specimen that if you are not privy to will freak you out. That's interesting some time...
Very Quiet and Productive Workplace with small activities every week.
Date Entry (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 4, 2017
A typical day is typing insurance information correctly and as fast as possible. We stretch every two hours and lunch and breaks are mandatory. We have three days of the week where we have to work up to two hours of mandatory overtime, if we have the work available.
Pros
Cafeteria, Small Workout Room
Cons
Quiet Environment, Chairs are uncomftorble
Lead FLoat Phlebotomist
Lead Floater (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 4, 2017
Great place to work great people fast pace place to work great place to learn a lot of orders and how each doctor orders test . Perfect place to learn
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
small raises
ok
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMay 3, 2017
i was laid off due to economy. I was looking forward to being promoted because I received several awards for outstanding performances. It was very fast paced and I always was focused/determined to my job.
Not a great place to work
Representative II, Client Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 3, 2017
Worked at this place for almost 10 years and it was a rough time. The company didn't want to compensate you for the work you performed nor acknowledge any issues that you bring to light. My department was understaffed and management didn't care unless work was three days behind and you had to start canceling tests. This company never put the patient first in decisions that were made. Would I work for this company again? If the pay was way better and I was only part time, maybe. Minimal interaction with managers and other coworkers seems to be the way to go if you're going to work for Quest Diagnostics. Otherwise, it's a game favoritism and brown nosing to get anywhere in the company.
Pros
Goal sharing (if you got it), health insurance
Cons
Management, poor pay, too many other things to list
Not really the best place to be
Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 2, 2017
The entire place was completely toxic; the co-workers that I had were absolutely horrible people, the amount of work was almost unbearable and there was absolutely inadequate staffing. It was not enjoyable.
comfortable atmosphere
Supervisor Logistics (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 2, 2017
Quest is a good company to work for. It can be stressful at times but manageable when handled correctly.There is a chance for advancement within the company.
Pros
gift cards picnics
great place to work
Billing Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2017
Love working for this company, Better pay is needed for the job that is expected. Need more work at home positions. Hours of operation should stop after 6 p.m. But I know that will not happen because of the states that are in a different time zone.
Pros
easy work
Cons
better pay is needed
nice workplace
Accessioning Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Quest Diagnostics. In a typical work day you will learn more than the average person learn all year at most jobs. They love to promote within first.
Well
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKMay 1, 2017
I learned quite a bit from this job. When I first started working here I didn't know anything about lab. I just got my license. The employees were very helpful and knowledgeable.
subcontract basis employment flexible schedule
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 1, 2017
I enjoy using my medical training and having the flexability to work in the bio medical screening. Health and Wellness is of vidal importance in our lives today and I enjoy the consultations with each participant for their knowledge in health and keeping busy in this fast paced environment.
Pros
healthcare and flexibility of schedule
Cons
driving during the bad weather is the only con I can think of
Good place for work
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients
The hardest part of the job is seeing cancer patients
Management is very professional
Workplace culture is patient oriented
Pros
Receive a lot of skills
Cons
Have to be multitasking
Management not so nice
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 30, 2017
Worked in a facility that were mainly African Americans and Latinos. I got along great with the staff but once a new manager took over that was Latino, I was pretty much harassed until I left.
Pros
Start early, end early
Cons
Being harrassed
competiive work envoironment
Phlebotomist/ Floater (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2017
this company is very fast paced and competitive. they strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their patients as well as their employees in any way possible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

Quest Diagnostics Reviews by Location