Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,899 reviews matching the search
stressful, understaffed
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 10, 2015
Difficult place to work. Very stressful, high turn over. inadequate pay for the amount of tasks phlebotomists are responsible for.
Pros
Good benefits, a lot of vacation time
Cons
inadiquate staff numbers, unable to use vacation time accrued.
Facing great financial and management challenges
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 7, 2016
Although the business model for this company is sound, the operations and management have faced significant challenges over the past 10 years that have left the company struggling to keep up with the competition. The place operates like a factory, with three shifts. Weekend work is a must here. Pay is very low for the amount of effort and technical expertise expected of the employees. There is little to no advanced training to assist employees in any meaningful career path. The management has been in place for at least 30 years, and they seem to lack the leadership to move the company forward. Staff has been dramatically reduced by attrition with some departments functioning merely by the grace of God (some departments have lost over 50% of the workers, they left on their own). Health care coverage is the most dreadful that I have ever seen. If all of this doesn't tell you to stay away, then ask yourself what you missed.
Pros
It's just a job
Cons
It's just a job
Great Company, bad Team leadership.
Billing Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day at Quest Diagnostics, for the most part stressful.
Most reps can answer about 100 calls a day which is good it makes the day fly.I have learned how to understand medical billing, Medicare processing policies and how to understand diagnosis codes and the way it affects insurance processing. I have also learned how to processing paper and web correspondence. Management overall there's a few great team leader's that care about their employees and appreciate the work you do, then there are the ones that don't care about what you do because they are only concerned about their "favorites". They will cover up all indiscretions so the 'favorite" does not face consequences. Meanwhile, the reps that come to work every day and exceed in most areas of their job face consequence for the few things that may be done incorrectly. The co-workers overall are great. The hardest part of the job there's a few things. First is the calls, not all the patients that call in are happy you do get cussed out on the regular and you have no choice but to deal with it and try not to take it personally, which isn't always easy. Second would be the fact that while you are working with other adults it doesn't always seem that way. Most days work feels like a daycare or like you are walking into high school all over again. The most enjoyable part of the job as to be is the rare occasion when the patient is actually thankful and appreciative for your time and help with their invoice. Or when you feel acknowledged for your work and efforts to go above and beyond for the company/billing department.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great pay.
Cons
Favoritism, unappreciative management.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 10, 2016
I would tell people to work for them. they are very understanding when it comes to real life situations, they are good at training people and really give good word where it is needed for people doing well.Also there is always room for advancement.
Pros
security, open door policey to talk to management and very understanding
Cons
sometimes not pushing certain people to do their jobs, pushy sometimes
god company
(QM) Quality Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  new yorkOctober 13, 2015
overall a good company to work for . but must be willing to travel a lot .but overall a good company to work for . the management team
is always there to help an answer questions which makes it good
Pros
they have good support
Cons
hard to move up an get a raises
I'd rather work at McDonald's than Quest!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2016
Quest is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. 90% of Supervisors are not qualified for their positions in fact I was actually more qualified for supervisor position than my own supervisor. They play favorites BIG time! Constantly making you work over time & almost always short-staffed. The pay sucks. You're constantly changing policies in the way they want things done which is fine except for when they change them and don't pass the members along to their employees and when the employees don't do with their new correct way they get wrote up or fired.
Pros
absolutely no Pros to working here
Cons
oh my where do I start? The list is endless.
good job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 16, 2015
loved working in doctor's office and in a high volume psc.did everything from pediatric and geriatric venipunctures and heelsticks and fingersticks.
Pros
great benefits
very productive
Risk Assessment Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 14, 2015
the supervisors and co workers were really helpful, the location was very convenient, I wish there was more opportunities for advancement, overall it is a great company to work for. I learned a lot
Pros
supervisors, location, benefits, employees
Cons
mandatory overtime
Ever-changing workplace that doesn't give you a chance to catch your break.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2016
Everyday is filled with a new rule or changing a way we perform a certain job function. I have learned a lot about the way a company transitions to a corporation. I did improve my typing skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office and communication skills.

Management was not equipped to handle the job put before them. They took over the company and made it a corporation and they were very uncertain about the task at hand and the role that us in Client Services played.

My coworkers are all friendly yet unable to maintain focus on the task at hand. The hardest part of the job was being yelled at consistently by patients and clients but I always pushed through and am able to successfully handle the calls. The most enjoyable part of my is the satisfaction I get from know I was able to deliver results and reports in a timely and professional manner.
Great place to work if it remains stable.
Client Systems Implementation Technician (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 17, 2015
This was the best job I've ever had. That doesn't negate the negative traits of the organization. The company is large and offers areas of advancement, but there are many hidden limitations, due to the ever-changing management structure. This lends to an atmosphere of fear. Management changes are frequent and multiple reorgs throughout the year have cost many their jobs, (including mine). Many cost cutting efforts have led to a higher employee turnover rate. I don't know the official number, but many are national reorgs over many job areas.
Pros
Education assistance. Good pay for many positions.
Cons
Sales force and contract dependent, Employees work under duress of looming layoffs, CEO has other obligations
Great company who rewards employees for efficient productivity
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 31, 2015
Gives bonuses and raises based on the profits of the company so you do your job well, company does well, you benefit. I worked for the Toxicology Dept (aka Forensic Scientist). They have many ways for you to move in between departments but are mostly lateral moves, not so much seen for advancement
Pros
Always busy but pretty easy work
Cons
can't move up
Very productive and reliable workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 13, 2015
Quest Diagnostics is a fast-paced, service driven company.Our team members try to build this great brand by delivering amazing customer service. Working with doctors and patients, we strive to maintain and uphold the highest level of client confidentiality.
Pros
Great working atmosphere.Decent salary
Cons
My commute
Overall not bad, depends on the department and it's people.
Lab Administrator / purchasing coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 24, 2015
 Ordered, tracked and maintained stock of all materials needed throughout the lab
 Maintained communications between Purchasing dept. and lab personnel
 Performed daily, monthly and quarterly inventories
 Kept, and maintained all the labs order/delivery files up to legal standards
 Medical Transcriptionist
 Managed random projects from lab supervisors, Lab manager, Purchasing determent, and corporate controllers
benefits
Cons
Lack of communication
Call Center Bad management
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ilJuly 12, 2015
After management embarrassed me too many times, I had no choice but to quit. It's an in bound call center only, got reprimanded if you made calls out to insurance companies. They act like they care about the patients but they don't. Just wanted me to shut up and collect patients money even though we billed it wrong. Hardly praised for good work...supervisor would give dirty looks if you made a mistake. And don't make a mistake or they are all over you like the plague.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management, poor billing system
Stressful and hostile workplace
LAB ASSOCIATE I (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 20, 2015
Stressful and hostile workplace. Not a lot of advancement opportunity. Good benefits is turning to bad. Co-workers are good. Management are like the the olden days. They treat employees as slaves.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful and hostile workplace
Pay not great
Specimen Processor II (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 2, 2015
Worked 2nd shift. Not a lot of upward movement. Management was good. Friendly staff. Benefits were okay. Good for first time job
IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2015
This is a good company to work for, however, there is lack of job security and opportunities for advancement. They have excellent benefits, management and training.
Pros
Benefits, Management and Training
Cons
Lack of job security and opportunities for advancement
Large corporation with specific advancement criteria.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 5, 2016
Quest is a well known diagnostic laboratory. It is a very large company with thousands of employees around the world. As a front line employee performing direct patient care, I feel a bit detached from the company. I am finding that advancement is extremely difficult due to stringent rules on "time in grade" and such. It is a great company, but without the ability to move up and grow, I find it incredibly frustrating.
Pros
Well organized. Compliant.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.
A great place to start a career.
Cytogenetic Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 9, 2015
Quest, despite numerous changes within the company in recent years, remains a leader in the industry. As an employer, they offer competitive wages and benefits.
As a company with many different departments and disciplines, it's hard to categorize what the company is for everyone. That being said, I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Quest. I've made a lot of great friends, and I have a healthy relationship with my management team.
I would recommend Quest Diagnostics for anyone looking to find a career in a science-related field.
Pros
Benefits, and Quest does offer a lot of perks for its employees, such as week long "lab week" celebrations
Cons
Raises are minimal, hardly any room at all for advancement.
Brilliant crew to work with.
Hardware Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 10, 2015
Every department worked together. Everyone was willing to help where needed. Great manager communication between employees. Profit sharing and 401K matching.