Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Quest Diagnostics
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 7, 2017
Working 40 hours in maintaining projects, answering calls & following polices and procedures. I have learned how to train people on certain systems. To maintain great customer service & meeting the metrics that come along .with it
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
no overtime
fast paced
Tele interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 6, 2017
This is not a bad company there is a lot of things that could have been changed and better managed, there were a lot of changes made for the good of the company.
humble
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
gm needs help talking to emp. but other then that its a nice company to work for good people great vibe, a job you can come in get your work done and leave
Awesome work place.
Medical Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2017
Great people to work with as a team and individually. Managers understood about life in balance with work. they also believe in promoting within the company.
Quest is an good place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 6, 2017
a typical day at work is starting at 1am in the morning. You will that drawing blood in the early am some patiients will bite your head off about waking them up. Management at Quest is good. I enjoy drawing blood to help the patients.
Pros
There was always lunch provided for the Quest workers.
Cons
You would have an half lunch daily.
great place to work
PATIENT SERVICES FLOATER (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 5, 2017
great atmosphere, great benefits, you can learn a lot management is sometimes very strict but fair. management encourage quality. Good opportunity for advancement
Pros
great benefit and independent work environment
Cons
working Saturdays
Forensic Scientist II, GCMS Department (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 5, 2017
Fast paced environment helps you gain important multitasking skills and quickly exposes you to many skills you can use in any lab. The only downside is there is little room for growth and the yearly raises do not keep up with standard increases in cost of living.
good company to work for
Phlebotomist Rep II (Current Employee) –  Bowie,MarylandNovember 5, 2017
very busy in the morning but somehow slow down in the afternoon
I learned how to care and be compassionate/empathy towards patient
Quest have professional environment
quick pace
Enjoyable part of the job is worker's work together
Pros
unpaid lunch
Cons
short lunch
Depends on Where you Are
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 5, 2017
Quest as a company is ok. However, I would not recommend NM as a place to work at. Pay is fair but overall is bad in the MLT/MLS industry. There is a clear lack of advancement opportunities.
demanding
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2017
I learned alot being at quest diagnostics I started as data entry and moved up to senior billing specialist. They were always incaged in what the employees thought and it was just a remarkable place to work

Want to know more about Quest Diagnostics?

Ask a question
Structured environment
Phlebotomy Floater Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 4, 2017
Quest is a great place to learn the ins and outs of the laboratory world. Unfortunately training is not high priority on the list of the company. My time at Quest has afforded me the opportunity to see many employees come and go. Most left due to not being properly trained but put into positions to operate as a fully skilled technician. I
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of staff development
Great Place to work
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 4, 2017
Great Place to work. Wonderful colleagues. Nice and helpful supervisors. Good benefits but poor paid time of package. Available opportunities for growth.
great place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2017
excellent experience, great environment, fast pace, great coworkers, good healthcare, room for advancement and growth, long hours, lots of work, rewarding field,
great place to work when i was there
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2017
i really enjoyed working there we had a great team to work with and a great supervisor and a great assistant supervisor,and also we got to test vet samples and i learned lots about animal diseases and the different affects on how organisms affected animals and not humans in such a different way
Pros
the people that i worked with, we were kind of like a family!!!
Cons
tracking down our samples that we needed to test
Benefits were ok
PHLEBOTOMIST/FLOAT (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 2, 2017
Overall experience with Quest was good. There was not any room for advancement, Supervisor was not interested in seeing the potential in there staff.
Pros
at the time the incentives
Cons
never enough staff coverage
Decent place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, KYNovember 2, 2017
I enjoy working for Quest Diagnostics. The pay is decent compared to other labs in the area, the benefits are only mediocre at best. Health insurance is over priced, paid time off is decent.
very fast paced
Tech Ops (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDNovember 2, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Quest. My main reason for leaving is the hours. Also, I want to go back to doing phlebotomy, which I am very good at and I loved doing. They haven't had any positions available anywhere close to my home.
Pros
shift differential pay
Cons
overnight hours, mandatory overtime
Draw Site, Fun Coworkers
Externship (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 2, 2017
Externship was basically learning the ropes of phlebotomy. The main technician there was fun to be around and talk to, I learned a lot from working there.
great experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYNovember 1, 2017
I enjoy working with quest diagnostics. The only downside is that you must be mobile. Working with Quest you gain independence experience. Great for people who are flexible.
Work environment was peaceful
Supervisor- Jim Barriaga (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CANovember 1, 2017
Everyone I worked with absolutely showed teamwork. I really enjoyed everyone I worked with. I have appreciation for Quest Diagnostics because if I made a mistake I was informed and I had to learn from it. I learned accountability. I learned how an employer does appreciate you and no matter what you always had coverage if someone called out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.