Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Found 2,204 reviews matching the search
High Volume Call Center
Claim Development Customer Service (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 7, 2016
Quest was an amazing company to work for a typical day was an eight hour day on the phones helping patients get there bills corrected so they could be at ease. Quest provided all workers a month long in training to perfect our careers in claim development. Management was as helpful as could be in such a stressful high volume call center. The hardest part of the job was not getting a break to catch your breathe in between calls. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping stressed patients solve their billing issues.
Easy place to work and very nice people to work with.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2017
I really enjoy working for this company, good environment, nice people and very good working hours, however their attendance policy is not very flexible.
Pros
Everybody always willing to help you.
Cons
Attendance policy not flexible.
Interesting Place to Work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJSeptember 10, 2016
A typical day or night include processing specimen with some laughter in between. The leads made sure we efficiently processed the specimen that came in while assisting if needed. My co-workers were always eager to help and we shared in each other's ups and downs. The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends out of co-workers and the different specimen that came into our department.
Need more but cannot find
Histology Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 23, 2016
The atmosphere at Quest Diagnostics is not one of advancement and growth. The company on a whole is all about advancement. However, for an individual to advance in their career, it is truly about who you know and not what you know. The decision has to go all the way to the top to get recognize.
Pros
Free lab testing, no holidays
Cons
Benefit package, no advancement
Fast Pace Call center
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 5, 2016
A typical work day consists of back to back calls from hospitals and Doctors offices checking patient lab results.

Your job also includes locating patient samples and adding lab tests per Doctor requests.

In this role you learn all different medical testing and how to read your own lab results and what each test tube your Doctor draws blood in is used for. The hardest part of this job is not being able to provide patients with their own test results due to HIPPA.
Not a good place for Seniors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 28, 2016
If your a Senior and wanting to supplement your income, this is not the place for you. When you ask a question and get the "eye roll" like your supposed to know the answer, that's not for me. All the employees are not treated equally, and I noticed that they are not told all the same information.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
too much "tattling" on each other
Productive and fun work place
Senior Technologist (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 3, 2016
Very high volume about 10,000 samples a day. Learned supervisory scales and management of technicians working under me. Management had high expectation on quality because the business was volume driven. Hard work but enjoyable days driven by team work.
Pros
Lunch Tickets
Cons
Productive and Fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 28, 2016
Quest is a wonderful place to work. Great learning opportunities, the culture and atmosphere is respectful and kind. The compensation is above the norm and very fair.
Pros
Great environment, great people, great salary
Cons
HQ is moving from Madison NJ to Secaucus NJ, unfortunately too far for me.
Productive and bus, good company to work for
Mobil Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lathem NYNovember 22, 2016
I love working as a mobil phlebotomist every day is something new. I go different places and my co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part is the 1hr drives early in the morning but you get use to it. Love doing this.
Pros
paid mileage
Cons
paper work
Outstanding Company to Work for.
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I worked 31 years with the company. I was able to advance from a clerk to a supervisor of 25 reports. I was afforded the opportunity to learn and advance in so many programs offered there.
Pros
Education Opportunity; Salary; benefits
Cons
Accounts Payable Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAFebruary 21, 2017
I love working for Quest. Such a great company to work for. Great benefit, colleagues and great supports from the management team. Quest is such a valuable company to work for.
Pros
Great benefits and pay scale
Cons
no advancement opportunity
One of the very best companies to work for.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2016
Excellent opportunity to advance.
Employees are treated with respect and their work is appreciated.
Tuition reimbursement is offered for specific majors.
Open door policy.
Pros
Excellent health benefits, and ability to transfer if approved nationwide.
Cons
Unknown.
Use to be a great place to work
Customer solutions Representative-Billing (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21213September 10, 2016
* Call Center was very busy on the phones all day, no call was the same, lots of paperwork, requests for medical notes,letters of medical necessity and diagnosis code request from the doctors to get medical claims resubmitted to insurance.Correcting patients name address and insurance information.
* Learned about diagnosis codes,test names,requirements for doing certain tests.
* Most of the people were fun to work with.
* Hardest part of the job is getting the doctor's office to send additional information for filing claims.
* Most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the patient's and helping them resolve their issues.
* Most frustrating was not having time enough time off the phones to
paperwork.
Pros
Employee and Lab week was fun
Cons
Healthcare plan changed
High paced enviornment.
Full time, Phlebotomy II contact Lynn Foley (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 13, 2016
Fast paced, collect insurance info and demographics on 40-50 patients a day.
What I have learned is time management.
Great group of people.
New hires with little experience.
The patients are a joy and helping them is the joy.
Pros
The patients and being of service
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed
Okay job but I would not worked their again
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 3, 2016
The company overall is okay. The pay is mediocre, people are okay some are helpful and others are not. You do have quite a bit of autonomy overall. Employees are not micro managed not because they don't want to but more because you are on the road and rarely around but when you around they look at you like you need to be doing something. So technically they don't want you to have too much free time. Some higher position employees are liars and will do that to get out of doing their work. Management plays favoritism in obvious ways and don't care to be fair. So my conclusion of this company is unless you like to be a scapegoat for your coworkers find something else and don't bother complaining because only a selected few gets to choose and be treated with fairness. Others are their to be taken advantage of. Good company but horrible management.
Pros
Decent amount of autonomy.
Cons
pay, management and favoritism.
Productive and a fun place to work
Forensic Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work. There are many opportunities to learn new things and room for advancement. The hardest part is making the required production standard on a daily basis but it also challenging.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small work space
Client Service Lab Orientated Environment
National Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 11, 2016
Daily tasks with Quest Diagnostics included aiding doctors and nurses with all account related inquiries including, billing, test related questions, documentation of all client interactions, logistics and supplies requests and aiding team members when needed.
No enough company morale
Customer Solutions- Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Well my workday is a little different as I don't sit with my team or management. I sit and work alone in a quiet atmosphere. I a hard individual worker with no supervision and continues to get excellent yearly reviews
Lab assistant /phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Good career enjoyed working and helping people. Professional people. Staffing was always there to help people and services there health. It was always required to wear ppe and gloves. The people were nice and productive.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Fast brake
Productivity and make sure Clients and Patients get there samples
Specimen Tech I/Back-up Lead (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 25, 2016
I think Quest Diagnostics should care about there staff. They keep on changing procedures when incident happens. Need to know that some staff working graveyard should get more and the management should listen to us more.There is more to this company then what it could be. We should be able to contact the proper people there. when there is a problem. There are different shifts and the Grave yard shift is the hardest..
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Need to care more about the patients and clients.. etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

Quest Diagnostics Reviews by Location