Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Found 1,688 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2015
Day starts with routing my route by zip code and adress.
Pick up Lab Specimens.
Enter lab info in computer.
Keep track of maintence of my work vehicle.
Pros
Job and people at Quest, and on route are literally amazing, in this crazy world we live in today!!
Cons
pay can be a lot more.
no stability. raciest managers / upper management.
Field System Analysts / Implementation Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2015
this company sucks! manager HR. I have nothing positive to say about this company.
also older employees not willing to train.
Pros
ok beifits
Cons
advancement issues. poor managers. like to hire and promote friends.
Fast paced and high volume
Cytogenetic Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 9, 2015
Very fast paced work flow and turn around times with multiple high volume tests. Immediate managers are very friendly and easy to work with. Fun and enjoyable coworkers/work environment with many team building gatherings and events. Tight/small working stations.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Small work stations and limited personal item storage areas
Fast paced lab
Customer Service and phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 8, 2015
every employee has a quota. You are given only 7 minutes to enter patient info and complete blood draw. No new skills learned. Management is terrible and not family orientated.none
Pros
Cons
not family orientated
Awsome
Senior Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2015
Good Place to work, we were bought out from Smithkline to Quest and we lose our pension but job security was there. Alot of changes.
Pros
Job security
Cons
at the time the pay could be more for some.
The nurses that did the staffing where nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2015
The people who did the staff where nice. They would always try there best to send me to the same nursing home every time I worked
Pros
Got to make my own schdule
Cons
Wasnt at the same nursing home each time i worked
Idk
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 5, 2015
Spent a short period of time working for this establishment but overall folks seemed to be happy there. The staff are pleasant and inviting and willing to help out when available.
Was able to educate myself on how a doctors office runs
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2015
Had the opportunity to experience many practices in the medical field. I traveled to different doctors offices, and really enjoyed the family atmosphere provided
Pros
Different practices
Hair sample drug testing
forensic Analysis (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 4, 2015
Very repetitive and a very detailed company. I enjoyed the cafeteria that was on site and the culture. There was quite a bit if data entry involved and attention to details but personally, I feel it was a bad fit for me.
Professional work place, chance to move up, good oportunities
Rep Phlebotomy Services II (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLNovember 4, 2015
High volume of patients ( new born, children, youth, adults and aged)
I learned the whole processing of specimens, health insurances process, costumer service, patients care, collect information for wellness program, life insurance, drug screen process for DOT and NON DOT.
Good management, helpful supervisors and human resources departments.
Variety of cultures co workers, so I learned a lot of a many different types of people and ways to work.
I enjoy all about my job with this company and in general I like my job, it makes me fell like I can help people in certain manner and every day I can learn. Personally I grow and professionally you can develop in the health area, policies etc.
Pros
All Bennefits
analytical stimulation environment
Lab Chemist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 3, 2015
working environment is nice and friendly. excellent benefits. easy to get permanent position if you work really hard for the company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Its a cool place
Rep, Route Service II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2015
Its extremely a lot of driving and long distant driving on the weekends...other lane that, management is very cool and you can advance in the company overtime.
Pros
Move up in company
Cons
Driving
Pay not great
Specimen Processor II (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 2, 2015
Worked 2nd shift. Not a lot of upward movement. Management was good. Friendly staff. Benefits were okay. Good for first time job
Call center
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 29, 2015
All you do is answer phone calls. no real interactions with other workers. One day I blew them out the water with how many calls I answered. I learned about the different blood tests they have and which tubes they go in which helped with me becoming a phlebotomist.
There is never a boring day
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 27, 2015
It can be stressful place to work, but the people I work with make the shifts more enjoyable. Shifts are always different so days don't become monotonous.
Serious environment great manager
Inbound/Outbound representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2015
Large company with a serious culture as your a re dealing with patients personal Health Information. Policies change all the time and sometimes without the changes being passed along in a timely manner. ie...sites closed for the holidays at the last minute.
A Sinking Ship!
Senior Project Manager - IT Project Office (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 25, 2015
Constant fear of being cut in the next scramble to make earnings reports to wall street. Staffing levels in IT are so bare bones and outsourced. Projects come into IT with outrageous preset deadlines and minimum budget if any at all. Most are destine to fail from the start with poor direction from the top down. More money is invested in running metrics and reports then actually completing the work. This was once a great company that many felt very proud to work for. New management has an agenda to replace anyone with Quest years of service. "IT "is a bad word at Quest when it should be looked at as the backbone of the company that has a never ending database of information on the health of a major percentage of the US population. I built many long term great relationships within the company, sadly many have moved on via layoffs or just moved on not knowing when they will be the next on the chopping block.

In time this will be a great company again. The work Quest does helps diagnose and save many lives and that a great feeling. Just give it time for a buyout or a shakeup from the top down not from the bottom up to right the ship.
Pros
Long hours but very flexible so still a +, Loyal long term dedicated employees, Blueprint for Wellness perk.
Cons
Outsourcing! Poor Senior management decisions. Constant reduction in staff
Sadly has become factory work based on production
Full-Time Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 25, 2015
This use to be a decent company to work for years ago. I left after almost 9 years at the company as a Medical Technologist. Instead of treating us like employees they treated us as factory workers and tried to make us more and more productive. It was more about quantity instead of quality. They have drastically reduced previous benefits which weren't bad in the past. You also need to punch in and out for lunch and they place the punch clocks right in your department clear across on the other side of the building so you can waste a few minutes getting there and back so you can't even enjoy your lunch because you are constantly looking at the clock. The new CEO is focused on money and doesn't have a healthcare background. I have never met a company so focused on not getting you the benefits you deserve. For instance if your BMI is over so much they make you pay more for health insurance which is already very awful. The raise have been awful and every year it's another excuse, every year were are "in a transition year" setting up for a better year. When I left I thought I would get pro rated profit sharing but they instituted a new rule that you must work there at least 6 months that year to get it. Just another example of them doing everything to try to compensate you less. My former co-workers say it's getting worse and many have had to quit because they are adjusting their schedules they had for years to a more dynamic schedule basically getting the absolute most they can out of you. I have worked in this field for 17 years and never felt so undervalued as I was there  more... and treated so awful. Thankfully I got a new job where I was treated as a professional which I am with a bachelor's degree. Years ago I would have recommended this company, sadly it's a shame what has become of it.  less
Pros
national company easy to transfer, quality co-workers
Cons
benefits, work/life balance, heath insurance, treated you unprofessionally
Nice position
Mobile Examiner/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2015
I would schedule patients for insurance medical exams. I would be required to go to their job or house to perform blood draws and physicals, vital signs, height and weight.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
going to other people house, them scheduling on off days
Interesting place to work but stressful
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 24, 2015
My Co-Workers help me through it however the process is difficult to grasp right off had. Once you have that done, everything else follows pretty nicely. The environment is very professional and everyone seems dedicated to their jobs.