Quest Global, Inc.

Quest Global, Inc. Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding enviroment
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTMarch 4, 2015
A typical day in the office consist of checking email for work and news. Then depending on what you're working on you could be on the computer all day or looking at blueprints and specifications all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the support you get from your coworkers and managers. Whenever you have any questions on anything they are always there to help lead you to the right direction.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, relaxed dress code, benefits
Cons
Deadlines, Human Resources and IT support
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2016
Good Hospital experience. I rotated to different specialists office when needed for blood collections. Learned a lot off different things.
Pros
Good team work.
Cons
Very very busy.
Pretty good place to work.
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 31, 2016
Pretty good company to work for but pay was not up to par. Job was contract work so I always had to find work to keep myself busy.
Fast paced
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dunnellon, FLJune 12, 2016
a good place to work. Nice people at that location. i drew blood from people. labeled the blood tubes, I then put them into the little machine to be spun.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 28, 2016
The supervisors are absolutely overworked, unfair to the employees as i was written up almost everyday for something so stupid. Alot of favoritism. I couldnt take that place another minute.
Pros
Cons
evrything
Great culture, ability to learn new skills
Supply Chain Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMarch 11, 2016
lots of room to learn new areas
great culture
good exposure to aerospace industry
great training material and programs
ability to learn leadership skills
Good people to work with but upper management does not take care of the employees
Aero-Thermal Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  cincinnati, ohioJanuary 19, 2015
There is a wide range of projects to work on and the people are friendly and easy to work with. The company in general misses when it comes to keeping good employees and prefers to higher cheaper workers (ie fresh out of college) rather than investing in the good employees that are already there.
Pros
work environment and ability to work on a wide range of projects
Cons
compensation and upward mobility
Decent place to start out
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 26, 2014
I am a Team Lead/Senior Engineer here. Though, since our customer provides very close direction on tasks and most projects are individual in nature this mainly means creating job proposals and managing budgets and manpower. The technical work on jet engines can be interesting but it depends on the specific project, it can also be very dull paperwork related stuff. I have found that the outsource engineering services business model is not something that I buy into for a number of reasons. Most of my coworkers are in their 20's, they are mostly enthusiastic and hardworking. Some people really seem to like working here and others cannot stand it. People that come in as entry level seem to like it, but those that have experience elsewhere, like me, seem to get disenchanted with the company. I do not respect my managers here, everyone is rather young and seems like they are leading from examples that they read in business literature rather than experience or ability. The hardest part of my job is dealing with QuEST company practices. The most enjoyable part is working with the engineers at Pratt and Whitney, they are all very smart and you learn a lot.
Pros
You get to work on some cool projects
Cons
Company culture, management, compensation
Pleasant environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 14, 2012
A typical day at work consists of emails, conference calls and vendor visits.
I learned about the manufacturing industry
Management is good, although they are always in meetings and hard to get in touch with.
The hardest part of the job is getting the information you need from vendors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to create your own contacts, and plan for your day.
Pros
travel compensation
Cons
no paid holidays
Don't do it
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2016
Not a desirable place to work.
Management not ideal.
Timed breaks.
Different shifts every week. No set schedule
High turn around
An over all good growing company that needs a little fine tuning yet.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 19, 2015
I would like to point out that some of the reviews posted under QuEST Global are for other companies that have Quest in their company names. A call center, a trucking company and a health care company. None of these companies are affiliated with QuEST Global Engineering, so you need to weed them out in making your own assesment.

Pros
QuEST Global Engineering is a relatively new yet solid internationally operated company founded about 16 years ago. It has experienced steady growth with it's business model of consulting and being an outsourced manufacturing engineering and related services provider with long term contracts to support major companies. The work atmosphere is generally relaxed and positive. The pay for my area at least seems to be comparable to national average based on the regional area of operations. The start and finish time of work day is flexible as long as a full day is put in and all needed tasks for the day are accomplished. Start of day could be from 7:30 am to 9 am. It is also possible for some to work four 10 hour shifts if they desire. The company is branching out into new areas of outsourced services for the manufacturing industry, and I think will continue to grow with many opportunities to advance and / or transfer to other locations. There are also opportunities to cross train and learn new skills. Salaried employees could earn over time for work over 80 hours in a 2 week pay period.

Cons
They don't currently apply the highest standard of break / lunch / HR polices equally to all offices in the USA. Currently it is by state law minimums
  more... per states operated in. Most large interstate companies apply the highest standards to all of their employees regardless of state minimums throughout their USA operations as the norm. The amount of vacation time is OK to begin with but not much more added as seniority grows. It seems that making bonus is nearly impossible so don't count on making it for income. There are some growing normal pains of a young company becoming more successful and even larger. This often means and leads to changes. If you are one to embrace change and be a positive change agent, this could lead to more opportunities. If you are looking for being more static in your career, this could be a huge con for you. The current benefits seem to be OK but could still be improved to be more competitive with the market. Tuition reimbursement is minimal, up to $2000 for a semester and only may be applied to one class per semester. Only 5 tuition reimbursements are given each semester, so even if you are eligible, if there is too much competition you may never receive any. You have to be on the job for more than a year before you can apply for a chance at some tuition reimbursement. Even though you can earn overtime as a salaried employee, it is dependent on actually working more than 80 hours in a 2 week pay period. Any other time off during the pay period such as vacation, sick leave or holiday pay does not count as "hours worked" for qualifying for over time pay. So if you take an hour off one day and work one day over another in the same pay period, no over time.

Advice to Management
Implement the highest level of break, lunch, and other HR employee policies equally with all the branches in the USA, not by state law minimums. This is a common company / corporate practice in the USA. Increase vacation time given for longer term employees, 10 yr, 15 yr, 20 yr ... This is a great investment in the future of the company and retention tool. Increase tuition reimbursement for your employees at least as to reimbursing more people that may qualify for it, again a great investment in the future of the company. Offer some other retirement savings options other than just 401K. Increase employee match on retirement savings accounts to 4% and make the funds vested to the employee after 10 years of service, another nice retention tool. If they leave earlier than that, they aren't vested in the match funds and lose them. Change the over time policy so that any hours in a pay period over 80 regardless of paid time off taken is paid as over time. Make more realistic bonus goals to reward your good performing employees.
Pros
Flexible hours and generally relaxed pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
Need to up the benefits a little, apply best HR policies equally to all branches in the USA.
productive people to be around with.
personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 20, 2016
i like working with quest. i have good experience working around the residence and i love them so much. when working them they brings joy to my soul and my heart.
not a long term opportunity
Quality Engineer-Supplier Quality (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 17, 2015
People are nice. Not a company for people with passion in a professional setting. I did not apply a job at the company. It contact me and offered me a job. Management had a lot of promises but Later I found out nothing is as what they said.

I don't feel my skills are valued at the company.
Pros
temporary
Cons
not for people with passion
temporary
Temporary Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2016
In the morning picked up trash, pulled weeds, cleaned empty lots.
Learned how a property had been managed. Enjoyed working with
co-workers. Hardest part of the job would be learning the Quest
group web access to paycheck information. Working outdoors had
been the best part of the job.
Pros
talking Spanish
Cons
worried about getting paid.
Bonos, Social meal in Hollydays.
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2014
A typical day at work is amost the same exept review changes in diet.
I lear diferent prepation of food. how to server and portions.
The hardest part is wahing dishes and be in ly feet 12 hours. Working with Special Individual is the most enjoyable part of my experiense at Quest.
Pros
Full Time and Benefits.
Cons
work every weekend.
worst place to work
Analyst / Engineer (Current Employee) –  USOctober 14, 2015
They do not care about employees and their well beings, All they care about is how many hours are you billing to customers. They take advantage of workers on H1 and those who are in India, making them work long hours while all the managers just becomes slave driver.

Too many managers. Micro-managing is often more annoying than productive.

Overalll, its a company without moral and ethics.
Productive work place to start engineering
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2015
QuEST global is a contracting company for manufacturing. Currently I work for Honeywell working on standard operation sheets. I help improve documents and methods to produce products to be made. A typical day for me is to create visual aids for the part being produced from a build I observe taking pictures. From the visual aids the instructions are to be made or adjusted accordingly for quality and safety. Finally check that all the parts are consumed and installed properly. I really enjoy learning how parts are assembled and built from nothing. I really learned more on the manufacturing process of products, which I find fascinating because how parts are produced. I learned that time, quality, and safety are extremely important in a work environment. The management in our office talks to the managers at Honeywell and gives the progress of our work. The hardest part about my job are the time critical jobs, when a full assembly is to be audited, Honeywell has Quest and an on site project engineer go through all instructions and make sure that all assemblies are correct from start to finish. When these are presented, the expected deadline is a couple weeks. An average assembly requires over 30 blueprints with 120 plus parts to go over and check. When errors are found, needs to be documented and fixed. I really enjoy the flexibility with my job. Currently I am finishing up my last semester at ASU and when I have a big project or test, my job allows me to adjust my schedule with school. I also like the friendly environment around me when I work.
Pros
adjustable schedule
Cons
benefits and healthcare
This company hired me when everyone else was layingoff
Sr Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 3, 2016
This company hired me when everyone else was laying-off. Gave me vast exposure across different industries. No regrets working for the company and the time i spent here.
A place for a Jr Engineer to get some experience / on the job training, good stepping stone in a career.
Project/Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 8, 2015
Overall a good company, Great for engineers straight out of college to get some experience in the work force working for companies that are leaders in their industry. Due to the amount of young engineers the Management is in a bit of disarray,inexperienced and disorganized but try and help in any way they can.
Pros
work for/with great companies in the industry
Cons
under-market pay
QuEST is excellent for fitting your lifestyle and has numerous opportunities when you're looking for a change of work.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZApril 14, 2015
Quest is a company serious about growth and fostering improvement in their employees. Management is competent and reasonable. Quest is focused on process improvement and continual development. Outsourced labor ebbs and flows, and your job is likely to change frequently.
Pros
Flexible, well managed, well cultured
Cons
Outsourced labor ebbs and flows a lot; it can be difficult to find work and stay on the clock.

2.9