QuEST Global Engineering

QuEST Global Engineering Employee Reviews in United States

An Odd place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 15, 2016
This is most definitely an odd place to work; do not treat it as a career unless you absolutely love the place.
There is very little compensated advancement.
Good company to start and advance with.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 18, 2015
QuEST Global Engineering is a relatively new yet solid internationally operated company founded about 16 years ago. It has experienced steady growth with it's business model of consulting and being an outsourced manufacturing engineering and related services provider with long term contracts to support major companies. The work atmosphere is generally relaxed and positive. The pay is comparable to or slightly higher than national average based on the regional area of operations. The start and finish time of work day is flexible as long as a full day is put in and all needed tasks for the day are accomplished. Start of day could be from 7:30 am to 9 am. It is also possible for some to work four 10 hour shifts if they desire. The company is branching out into new areas of outsourced services for the manufacturing industry, and I think will continue to grow with many opportunities to advance and / or transfer to other locations. There are also opportunities to cross train and learn new skills. A big con is that they need to apply the highest standard of break / lunch / HR polices equally to all offices in the USA. Currently it is by state law minimums per states operated in. Most large interstate companies apply the highest standards to all of their employees regardless of state minimums. There seem to be several reviews on here that are not actually for QuEST Global Engineering, so I would make sure you weed those out when making your decision. One seems to be a health care organization, one a call center and the other a trucking company, neither are part of QuEST  more... Global Engineering.  less
Pros
Comparable wages/salaries and benefits, relaxed flexible atmosphere, advancement opportunity.
Cons
Normal growing pains for a company expanding, some disorganization and waits for some things to get accomplished.
Poor company structure
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  East Hartford CTJuly 23, 2015
There are so many issues with this company, where do I even start.
It was bad news from day 1. After giving notice to my previous job, i arrived at Quest on my start date to find out I could not yet work... followed by a week of no pay while they finished paperwork that should have already been completed.
Then the first pay period comes and goes, with no check. After multiple complaints to HR (in India, which also did not help with employee relations), I had not been given and answer, and reported the company to the labor board. Only then did they fix the problem.
When I started, Quest did not offer benefits. A few months into my employment they added benefits, and cut our hourly pay rates to make up for the new benefits... while hiring new employees at the previous rate, and giving them benefits.
As many other reviews have stated, the only way to get a promotion in this company is to be in a "click". I have enever experienced anything like this in a workplace, it was fashioned much as a high school hall corridor. Managment did not support, recognize, or apprecitate their employees.
The turnover rate was astronomical. People accpeted jobs at Quest if they were deperate, and with no motivation to stay, they quikcly left the company.
As a hiring manager I will say that pay was extremely poor, I felt guilty offereing qualified candidates a job, knowing that they would soon be unhappy in their career and leave.
The only saving grace was the flexibility. Since there was not much time off, you could at least make up hours if you needed a day or time off. I never had
  more... a problem arranging my schedule to fit with my life.  less
Pros
felxibility
Cons
pay, managment, promotions
A Good Place To Start
Cost and Change Mgt Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2015
QuEST is a good place to start your career but difficult to grow. I have been here for almost 6 years and the health insurance is very good but pay is several percentage points below average. Thanks!
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Low Salary based on industry average
productive place to work
care worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLJuly 7, 2015
Quest Inc. is a good place to work I love to working with disability kids. I love to help them achieve their goal and teach then to get along with every one. I also take them out for fun actives
Pros
luch time
Cons
good company
Fun workplace
Activity Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2015
Seems like it will be an amazing experience. Have yet to start there but I am very much looking forward to the summer I will spend working here.
Would Not Recommend
Project Engineer - Database & Software Mgmt (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMay 20, 2015
Management is less than desirable. Its a constant revolving door and managers have little or no time to establish relationships with their teams so there is no real fair chance at advancement. You need to know many people who are high up.

Training is little to none, compensation is less than desirable.

I feel they hire the more desperate job seekers.
Pros
Cons
Whatever is good for our coworkers in India should be good enough for us.
Amazing work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 14, 2015
Great co-workers, amazing supervisors, and lovely customers. They work with you on your schedules and do their best to create a great work place.
Pros
Long lunches, breaks in between time.
Cons
Nothing.
Great Job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2015
I liked being able to get earlier shift when they were available. I learned about all the different companies, and my co-workers were great to work with, the hardest part of the job was being able to get someone for each and every customer.
QuEST Review
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 17, 2015
My manager at QuEST was very open and I admired that. I felt like I could ask any question to her. I also enjoyed having the benefit of working with several different departments.
great company to grow with
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
75% floor/ 25% floor
work with procurement to order hardware
follow through with planning to confirm ship commits
identify hardware shortages
hardest part was identifying opportunity
most enjoyable part was working with all branches
Growth & Advancement Opportunities
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 20, 2014
Excellent opportunities to grow and advance with QuEST. Opportunities to impact change within the company's policies, processes, etc due to its size and it still being a young company. However, this is also a downfall; if you're someone who does not handle change well or embrace it, this is not the company for you. Due to rapid growth, its essential!
Pros
leadership opportunities, growth, advancement, ability to impact organizational change, rapid growth, diverse
Cons
young company, consistent change
Technical lead from onsite
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  HartfordDecember 3, 2013
Currently working as technical lead from onsite at customer location. I am basically machine design engineer and supporting on the same here
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great entry level CAD job
CAD Drafter (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2013
Great entry level CAD job working with General Electric. Learn the ins and outs of turbines, NX7.5, multitasking, time management, and team work.