QuEST Global Engineering Employee Reviews

They are liars
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 23, 2017
Worked for them for a year. everything was fine. Offered me a job out of state, indefinite contract. Was going to receive relocation check with my first paycheck. Moved on my dime. Signed lease. 2 days later they called and said funding fell through and I was on my own. Filed a suit in small claims court, they settled out of court.
You don't do that to people. Moved away from family and friends to get left behind by the company I just put a year in with.

They tried to say it was a preliminary job offer. I had a start date, how is that preliminary
A typical IT service company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 7, 2017
A typical IT service company which is focussed only on the margins.
You feel like on the toes all the time. Employee insecurity is felt amongst employees.
Pros
Profressional
Cons
People focus is less
Good Stepping Stone Company
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 22, 2017
The company works for their customers. Many of their customers are high ranked companies (UTC, GE, BMW ETC...). This company only cares about "Billable hours" to their customer. Sometimes its hard to get 40 hours of work per week so people just sit there and chat and not work.
Straight forward work with flexible hours, but a disaster of a business management team
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 22, 2017
I am essentially a contract employee who provides engineering services to one specific customer. Depending on who your customer is impacts the type of work and environment you work in. In my case it tends to be pretty laid back and low stress.

The pay/benefits is nothing spectacular and will never be better than average. The flexibility in my schedule is a huge plus though.

Management and job security are the two biggest issues with this company. Job security is only as good as the customer being busy and needing work done as Quest will cut you as soon as you are not 100% billable.

Don't count on management to protect you or your interest; in fact assume if management gets involved it will be detrimental to whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.
Decent
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 13, 2017
On boarding process is very unorganized and confusing. Sometimes you will just sit there waiting for someone to guide you in to the correct direction. Good spot to gain experience, but not a place to stay for your entire career.
Awesome place to work
Supplier Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 23, 2017
Answer calls, emails. Teleconferences with multiple part suppliers, part transition, Quality Assurance engineer. Customer service mastery. Great atmosphere in Aerospace Engineering.
Overall good job
Team Leader, Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2017
QuEST is a good company providing engineering outsourcing. They do have some issues because HR is offshore and they are only in Aviation (in Cincinnati) so they can be susceptible to market pressures. Their management team does a great job in avoiding layoffs and furloughs and overall are a very good place to work.
Pros
Smart people work there
Cons
Engineering outsourcing, not OEM
Dead end job
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Berwick, MEJanuary 18, 2017
Management is terrible at communicating with employees. No room for growth. Responsibilities might grow but pay wont. Coworks are nice. Nothing gets done in a timely manner at work.
A Push For Engineering Innovation
PPAP SQE Member Focal Point (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 26, 2016
This company is great to work for. The culture is about innovation and teamwork within the workplace. They have a few activities that they host for their workers such as the summer picnic and the winter party. The workplace is culturally diverse as well.

Although everyone there has a good work ethic, a lot of people have very similar personalities. So there is a lack of personality diversity.
Good place to start, not a good place to advance your career
Structural Analysis Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 13, 2016
This is a good place to get a start to your career. It has a good culture that will help you learn a lot of good skills you can use to advance your engineering career. However, don't get too comfortable. You will find that you will outgrow this place in a couple years.
Pros
good people, good work-life balance, liad back environment
Cons
low compensation, not great benefits
Tire Career
Project Engineer Teamlead Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 22, 2016
You will work physically very hard in dangerous parts of the highway moving very heavy tires while cars come very close to hitting you.
Excellent place to work and learn
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 16, 2016
QuEST is the BEST!

-Typical work day: 5:30am-4pm
-What I have learned: Everything will be ok.
-Management: Awesome
-My Co-workers: Solid environment
-Hardest part: Seating
-Most enjoyable: work-life balance
An Odd place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 15, 2016
This is most definitely an odd place to work; do not treat it as a career unless you absolutely love the place.
There is very little compensated advancement.
A customer focused company which provided a very clean and updated office to work in. Opportunities were available per the customer's needs
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 19, 2016
I learned about import compliance and was able to provide my skills and experience to the customer and my job. I found the import compliance work to be interesting and very detailed. I enjoyed developing a solid working relationship with my managers.
Could be so much more.....
Manger in North America (Current Employee) –  USANovember 7, 2015
A great place to work with some very good young talent. Company is focused on managing by metrics with little regard to existing business conditions. Typically reactive in nature. No true effort to invest in the development of employees and future managers. In fact, even existing managers may benefit from development programs (my self included). There's a lot of focus on billable hours and much of the company's spend strategy is centered around that one metric, but that's to be expected of an outsourcing company. The company sets highly unrealistic growth targets which are never based on existing business conditions. No learning curve which is what will prevent them from achieving the growth they desire. The company also does not take non compliance as seriously as it should, if they dream to be publicly traded, compliance will be critical.

Could be so much more... Your employees are what make you great... With no investment in employee development, QuEST has forgotten that...
Pros
Talented young professionals, collaborative office culture
Cons
Unrealsitic growth objectives, lack of investment in employees, lack of process compliance
Good company to start and advance with.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 18, 2015
QuEST Global Engineering is a relatively new yet solid internationally operated company founded about 16 years ago. It has experienced steady growth with it's business model of consulting and being an outsourced manufacturing engineering and related services provider with long term contracts to support major companies. The work atmosphere is generally relaxed and positive. The pay is comparable to or slightly higher than national average based on the regional area of operations. The start and finish time of work day is flexible as long as a full day is put in and all needed tasks for the day are accomplished. Start of day could be from 7:30 am to 9 am. It is also possible for some to work four 10 hour shifts if they desire. The company is branching out into new areas of outsourced services for the manufacturing industry, and I think will continue to grow with many opportunities to advance and / or transfer to other locations. There are also opportunities to cross train and learn new skills. A big con is that they need to apply the highest standard of break / lunch / HR polices equally to all offices in the USA. Currently it is by state law minimums per states operated in. Most large interstate companies apply the highest standards to all of their employees regardless of state minimums. There seem to be several reviews on here that are not actually for QuEST Global Engineering, so I would make sure you weed those out when making your decision. One seems to be a health care organization, one a call center and the other a trucking company, neither are part of QuEST  more... Global Engineering.  less
Pros
Comparable wages/salaries and benefits, relaxed flexible atmosphere, advancement opportunity.
Cons
Normal growing pains for a company expanding, some disorganization and waits for some things to get accomplished.
Poor company structure
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  East Hartford CTJuly 23, 2015
There are so many issues with this company, where do I even start.
It was bad news from day 1. After giving notice to my previous job, i arrived at Quest on my start date to find out I could not yet work... followed by a week of no pay while they finished paperwork that should have already been completed.
Then the first pay period comes and goes, with no check. After multiple complaints to HR (in India, which also did not help with employee relations), I had not been given and answer, and reported the company to the labor board. Only then did they fix the problem.
When I started, Quest did not offer benefits. A few months into my employment they added benefits, and cut our hourly pay rates to make up for the new benefits... while hiring new employees at the previous rate, and giving them benefits.
As many other reviews have stated, the only way to get a promotion in this company is to be in a "click". I have enever experienced anything like this in a workplace, it was fashioned much as a high school hall corridor. Managment did not support, recognize, or apprecitate their employees.
The turnover rate was astronomical. People accpeted jobs at Quest if they were deperate, and with no motivation to stay, they quikcly left the company.
As a hiring manager I will say that pay was extremely poor, I felt guilty offereing qualified candidates a job, knowing that they would soon be unhappy in their career and leave.
The only saving grace was the flexibility. Since there was not much time off, you could at least make up hours if you needed a day or time off. I never had
  more... a problem arranging my schedule to fit with my life.  less
Pros
felxibility
Cons
pay, managment, promotions
A Good Place To Start
Cost and Change Mgt Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2015
QuEST is a good place to start your career but difficult to grow. I have been here for almost 6 years and the health insurance is very good but pay is several percentage points below average. Thanks!
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Low Salary based on industry average
productive place to work
care worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLJuly 7, 2015
Quest Inc. is a good place to work I love to working with disability kids. I love to help them achieve their goal and teach then to get along with every one. I also take them out for fun actives
Pros
luch time
Cons
good company
Fun workplace
Activity Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2015
Seems like it will be an amazing experience. Have yet to start there but I am very much looking forward to the summer I will spend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuEST Global Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.