Quest Inc Employee Reviews in United States

didnt have a life
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 9, 2016
my day would start off just keeping my consumers happy, I have learned that everybody has bad days, management was okay. my coworkers were very nice. the hardest part was leaving for another job. the most enjoyable part was when my consumers had a good day.
Pros
being able to cook for my consumers
Cons
leaving my consumers for another job
Everyone deserves better than Quest...
Direct Support Professional/ ADT (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLApril 29, 2016
I worked at Quest for 2 years started young and exited, but left with a huge disappointment in my heart. The clients needs are not met, or respected. The staff are trapped in their positions by unnecessary write ups, without any chance to advance. Management keeps the money in their pockets and turns their head the other way. I put my two weeks notice and it has been 4 months HR never contacted me, in any way for an exit interview.The company simply just don't care for its hard workers, we were overworked and underpaid! I had to watch an average of 15 workers leave in a period of 12 months, and nothing was done about it. Creating a hostile environment for all, not only workers, but also the poor innocent clients that some know exactly was going on. I stayed that long because I love serving the community, and I thought I could make a career out of it. However, I figured I'll find other ways to honor and serve the Community, and get myself a real job. After all I have a life, will and bills to pay.
Pros
The clients/consumers happy faces, weekends off, 30 minute lunch, morning shift
Cons
No paid holidays (automatically taken off pto), difficult to earn pto, no bonuses, dirty workplace, one bathroom for entire staff, dirty bathrooms, disorganized workplace and management.
Ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2016
These homes belong to the clients, we were there to assist them with daily living, keep them clean, be companions, and get them off to doctors appointments, school and work.
The hardest part of the day was using hoyer lifts for personal care every two hours.
The most enjoyable part of the day was receiving acknowledgement and rare smiles from the clients.
Co-workers are not always people that belong in caregiving positions.
However when you do have co-workers with empathy, gentleness, and a loving touch, the job and clients are better off.
Pros
Hard physical work, you will loose a couple pounds
Cons
procedures change constantly, high turnover, for most only $10 hr
work environment
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIApril 14, 2016
I absolutely loved it not the people I worked for though. They were very unprofessional but on my work day I would interact with my patients and assist them with their everyday needs as of cooking, feeding, bathing, mobilizing and monitoring.
Pros
the clients
Cons
the co-workers
Love this job
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2016
Managers are very nice and accommodating. They give raises and bonuses. Management work with you when you need time off. Very nice people
Pros
Raises and bonuses
Cons
Far away
Stay away if you have a life.
Direct care Worker (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMarch 6, 2016
Quest is terrible to work for over work you they don't care about their employees period. If you don't have a life and liked to be over worked then this is the place for you! High turn over as well.
Pros
eat meals with clients
Not a pleasant environment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 2, 2016
The mandatory stay policy is explained at the time of hire, so you can't really complain about it. However, what is NOT explained is that schedules can, and often will, change even after they are posted and you will be expected to change your life and your plans when this occurs. They will schedule you for over 40 hours in a week....I found myself SCHEDULED for 56-64 hours per week. Other 'joys' of the group home I worked at included: a manager who was quite 'full of herself', yet not very bright. Tardiness and attitude problems were not dealt with. The whole atmosphere of the home was unpleasant. Staff were miserable....not surprising given the hours we were forced to work. Frequent paycheck errors...mostly due to management being inept in reviewing the payroll report...but good luck dealing with the witch in Livonia to get what you are due! Pay starts at minimum wage. Not much positive to say about my stint with Quest. Perhaps with a manager who wasn't so negative, so racist and with half a brain, the home could have been a more upbeat facility. But judging by my encounters with others in management and at the corporate office, Quest is just a miserable place to work.
Pros
Home was well supplied.
Cons
See below
Not the place to work if you have a family.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 30, 2016
Managers very unprofessional staff unprofessional , not respectable of own time , undercompesated and overworked. Mandatory stay policy if staff calls off.
relaxed work environment
direct care worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2015
started my shift in the afternoon and the day would be unpredictable. I received a lot of certifications in this job. it was necessary for the job.co-worker were fun to work with. the hardest part of the job was when a client acted out and had to be restrained. but overall in was an enjoyable job.
Pros
rewarding working with the mentally disabled
Cons
every other weekend 12 hour days
Productive and Social environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2015
Making sure that shelves were stocked with necessary products and interacting with supervisors and management. Learned that working was not being paid respectfully from hard work. Management was helping when needed. Delightful to work with and working together. Hardest part of the job not being able to experience other parts of the position. Enjoyable part of the job was working together with co-workers and supervisors who care.
Pros
Working with delightful people
Cons
Not able to learn more
I gained valuable experience and learned much from managing daily crises. Maintaining staff and budgetary issues were challenging.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
I gained valuable experience especially in administration. I learned more about labor issues, training, time-keeping and client financials.
Pros
Valuable experience with staffing issues, unpredictable work culture.
Cons
The work schedule was all consuming, but the daily crises were challenging and at times rewarding when resolved.
a typical work day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 22, 2015
bad management....area supervisor dont know how to talk to employees. under paid for the work you do.. Very unorganized, incompetent. very unprofessional. its not about to the residents there . They only care about themseleves
Excellent work culture. Friendly and helpful team. Good work done for the community.
SAFETY LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2015
A typical day for me consisted of visiting a few of Quest's 27 locations throughout Central Florida and either participating in inspections or training. Quest has various offerings for individuals with developmental disabilities including residential housing, adult day therapy, summer camp, and kids therapy among other things. The work culture is great as staff is very friendly and accommodating. It's a great nonprofit in our community.
Group Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 2, 2015
they go to big to fast no very friendly didn't like this company take over very much athough the consumers were great to work for
Dont work here.
Direct Support Professional ii (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2015
Zero accountability for employees not completing work and showing up late. Management is overworked. most of the work not completed by employees falls onto dsp 2. dsp 2 completing dsp 3 work. Turn over is at high rate. not much good to say about this company.
Na
Part of staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2015
NA - would not recommend to future employees. Company is undergoing change from Not for Profit mentality to For Profit mentality but still compensating with NFP dollars.
Poductive employer who promotes with in
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Apopka,FL.March 17, 2015
Quest Inc. sets a high standard for their employees and is by far the best when it comes to providing care to the population in which they serve.
Productive: Great environment
Direct Support Professional/Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2015
Productive was working hard and getting good results, a very nice place to work with great environment. Had great co-worker, management was there for workers will to work with your schedule.
A place with a great mission
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2015
It is always busy at Quest. I have learn multiple key elements not only pertaining to the on boarding side of things but also relating to employee relations.
Cons
pay and job advancement
Adult Day Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2015
Great place to work and grow professionally. Only negative is that they are non-profit so they are unable to afford the luxury of high salaries.

2.9