Quest Inc Employee Reviews

This was one of the worse jobs I ever have worked in my entire life!
LPN Day Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2017
The patients are severely handicapped and the staff working for them are very cruel and very unprofessional. So uncompassionate and I really feel they need to evaluate with cameras when they are not expecting it because what I witnessed was just incredible.
It was nice to see how caring the outside world is. The volunteers that come to do activities and sing and do crafts and that were very good but the caregivers are so uncaring and so rough. They were borderline abusive! And so unprofessional to one another.
Pros
Working with the disabled can be rewarding and uplifting.
Cons
Working with that staff is unbearable and they were intolerable.
Worse company ever
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLSeptember 5, 2017
This company is straight trash. They over work you for little pay. I would not recommend no one works there. The company should be shut down. Just an overall bad company from the CEO on down.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, management
Hire anyone, you better run!
Direct Care Staff Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2017
I know you need a job but this isn't the place. Don't waste your time here. The managers turn over faster than staff. Someone is always new and training which is unsafe. Client to staff ratio always off. No days off in peace because managment calls non stop for coverage. Upper management is more worried about bonuses than giving raises to direct support that is in actual line of duty. Then when you are gone it is like you never worked there. They will make you pay $50 to get a reference from a dial up program. The program has money but upper management is greedy so it doesn't trickle down.
Pros
clients get decent care
Cons
overworked, low pay
health care facilities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
managing about 15 staff on my shift, delegating duties for the operation of the day. supervising, motoring, coaching and observing the care of the clients.the most joy able moment is taking very good care of the clients.
Wouldn't recommend
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 31, 2017
At start of shift staff starts dinner or cook breakfast then pass medicine.Staff also washes the laundry and the dishes.Staff takes clients on outings and medical appointments
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor management
Not for me
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2017
Current executive management at Quest is moving quickly towards a for-profit business model, which in and of itself is not a bad thing, unless you forget about the mission (which they have). Quest has an organizational culture built on self-serving leadership that has lead to low staff morale, no room for advancement if you're not a "yes person" to everything that senior leaders say, and does not currently exemplify the mission objective - clients first. My experience saw clients recognized as lower class citizens that were not deserving of the same rights as that of the management team. Working with clients was a true pleasure as they are great individuals. Most of the front line staff are true stewards of compassion, empathy, honesty, and service above self. I wish this could be said of the current leadership.
Pros
Interactions with people of all abilities and backgrounds
Cons
Executive management, absolutely no reward for honesty and integrity
Ok
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2017
Working at Quest was challenge at times but overall a nice place to work. Clients and staff were great to work with. Clients went out daily to workshops and outings
Worst Job ever
Lead Staff/ Quest (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Quest has the worst turnover ever. The treatment towards the employee is horrible if you're not cool with the upper management you are out of luck. Management will blame you for stuff and not accept responsible for the wrong they have done.

The consumers are awesome. I really enjoy my job, but the people make it difficult to work. No one wants to be uncomfortable.

The Homes and ADT so short staff till getting days off is like pulling teeth. From my experience I would have better off calling off than asking for the day or days off and getting denied.

This is my experience personally. I have seen people fired because management decided not to step in and its okay.

I would never work for this company again and would not refer anyone I know not even my enemy.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor management and staffing
Good Company
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 15, 2017
It's a challenging place to work. If you can't handle working with adults with disabilities then this job isn't for you. Overall, the company is great!
Good learning experience
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2017
This was an ok company to work for. I met a lot of great people. The pay could have been better. Overall good experience, but not much opportunity for advancement.
lots of work required
Direct support overnight staff member (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 30, 2017
Quest is a known company to the area and needs are met for special needs adults. but there is a big turn over in staff and the work required is out ways the money earned. supervisors are hard to reach when needed and physically need to be in shape for behavior management.
Pros
work schedules flexible
Cons
high overturn of staff
Enjoyed the Children that we worked for
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 23, 2017
Enjoyed the overall staff support to maintain safety and stability to a residential home that housed 6 girls. Learned a lot, meet interesting people, trained were awesome.
Pros
Working for the children
Cons
Rarely took breaks
Working with cleints
Home Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 25, 2017
Work with clients that can not take care of them self. You will cook, clean, and bath them. As well as past meds. If you like helping people then it is a great job for you.
Pros
interaction with clients
Cons
paperwork
gives you a sense of hope
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLMarch 17, 2017
this job my be one of the hardest jobs in the medical field. We stay with our clients for as long as we stay at the job. this is their home. We provide them a safe places to talk to staff and help build independence as much as we can. We work 16 hours through out the day starting when they wake up,cooking, bathing, feeding, and providing a loving atmosphere for them. to the time they go to bed. its around the clock care
Pros
the clients
Cons
not enough pay
It was a fun job there educational I'm working with disability residence
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2017
It was very fun working with disabled residents I'm taking care of them feeding them so I was a cook but also learned how to take care of them the community really cared about people in general and Gatherings family gatherings it meant a lot it was very fun
Good hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Skipper, FLMarch 16, 2017
Overall I would rate my time of working at KMC at 10. There is always an opportunity to advance in the company. KMC provides all the resources needed to help you grow and learn.
Review of Quest, Inc. as an employer
Program Manager for Day Program for Adults (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FloridaMarch 12, 2017
Typical day at work was extremely busy. Day to day operations included many responsibilities that included dealing with staff, Behavior issues and management.
Pros
Loved working with clients
Cons
Management was difficult/
Work life balance is a premium at Quest
Outside Sales Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2017
Quest fosters a hard working atmosphere that understands the value of personal time with family. A motivating place to work, a clear corporate vision and quality people.
It's a okay work place
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 4, 2017
Pass medication
Fix lunch
Run bath water
Do transportation
Take person served on outings
Do daily cls log an medication books
Clean home
Make sure person served is safe
Pros
Paid outings with the person served
Cons
Over work staff bad communication
Rating
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMarch 1, 2017
Minimum training was provided and management was not the greatest. There was a high turnover rate and many overworked employees. Compensation was low and raises were rare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8