Note: Being bi-lingual or knowing some Spanish is a plus.
REPORTS TO: PROPERTY MANAGER
OVERVIEW: Retention, Management, Sales, Vendor Relations, Budgets & Customer Service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
The overall objective of the Leasing Professional position is to maintain a high physical occupancy by focusing their efforts on the attraction and retention of qualified residents to his or her community. Responsible for leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations.
Reports to: Property Manager
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
1. General office duties.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant history and credit approvals.
- Provide general clerical assistance to the community office (i.e., answer telephone, writing work orders, typing and filing).
2. Community Leasing.
- Greet prospects and determine needs and wants. Complete guest card.
- Tour property by showing model or ready vacant apartments. Highlight amenities (i.e., pool, clubhouse and fitness center) and close the sale. Have prospect complete all application paperwork and secure deposit and application fee. Update Weekly Activity Status Report.
- Obtain required information to process applications for approval (i.e., credit check, rental history and employment verification).
- Once approved by Property Manager, type lease and applicable addendums. Insure apartment is ready for move-in on agreed date.
- Follow up on prospects unable to close (i.e., phone calls, thank you notes and e-mails) attempt to close sale again. If not viable prospect for our community, work to send the prospect to a sister property to meet their needs without losing them to a competitor.
- Secure new resident signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Update WASR.
- Review and orient new residents to the community’s specific rules, regulations and policies.
- Monitor Renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewals on a daily basis until finalized.
- Write and distribute resident notices as needed.
3. Resident Relations.
- Residents may call or visit in person and will require the Leasing Professional to listen respectfully to their requests, complaints and comments.
- Respond accordingly to rectify the situation after discussing with the Property Manager when required. Ensure consistency with Residents on all matters.
- Enforce Community Policies.
4. Community Marketing.
- Update all web-sites with current availability and pricing.
- Place multiple daily ads on Craigslist.com, Facebook and other online advertising mediums.
- Distribute resident flyers promoting Resident Referral Fees & various community events or promotions.
- Assist in placing, removing and updating all banners, balloons, bandit signs and flags around the property and other locations where outward marketing is performed.
- Distribute newsletters, flyers and pamphlets.
- Shop competitors monthly. Keep updated market surveys.
- Suggest specials and/or pricing modifications based on market surveys to stay competitive.
5. Attendance is an essential job function.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Leasing Professional may be required to assist in special projects or activities. This job description is not an all inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
-High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
-Proficient computer skills.
-Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
-PMS Experience is a plus
-Fax and Scanner.
-Basic knowledge of Fair Housing laws.
EXPERIENCE AND INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE:
Position requires a minimum one year experience in customer service related industry.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Job requires mobility to climb stairs to tour, show and inspect apartments on a daily basis. Will use repetitive motion of hands and wrist while using a computer on a daily basis. Normal range of vision is required to complete applications, leases, and general paperwork. Normal range of hearing and speech required to communicate with residents, vendors, supervisors and coworkers on the telephone or in person on a regular basis.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write English at a high school level to complete paperwork, prepare reports and interpret instructions. Must have mathematical skills at high school level to calculate pro-rated rents, late fees and deposits. Must be able to apply common sense understanding on a continual basis to determine actions, priorities and prepare computer reports. Decisions are based on standard operating procedures with few deviations. Will have regular contact with all levels of internal and external customers and therefore must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position must be able to handle stressful, urgent, novel and adverse work situations on a daily basis. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position will work in a typical office setting with daily exposure to outdoor environment including heat, cold, damp, rain and snow when touring the community. This position will be often called upon to work long hours and odd schedules which will include weekends. Position requires dependable transportation and means of contact at all times.
This position will works in an office setting with regular exposure to outdoor environment including heat, cold, damp, rain and snow when touring communities. You will be periodically called upon to work long hours, odd and service calls after hours. Position requires periodic travel by automobile to handle work-related activities including daily bank deposit runs.