Along with the Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance, repairs, apartment make-readies, preventative maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for one or more multi-family apartment communities. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for maintaining adequate inventory, with assistance from the Property Manager and Service Supervisor, of supplies for repairs and maintenance and managing the additional maintenance department personnel, if any.
Reports to: Property Manager and Service Supervisor
Keeper and one or more Maintenance Technicians depending upon the property.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
Under direction of the Property Manager:
- Work with the office team and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments and move-in/move-outs). Determine weekly apartment make-ready and service request schedules. Report apartments that are ready to show to the Property Manager.
- Complete Service Requests
- Complete Grounds/Curb Clean Up
- Hallway Inspections/Cleaning
- Open the Office/Models/Vacant Units with Office team and complete an
- Identify and correct hazardous community conditions.
- Tour property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and report findings to Property Manager/Service Supervisor. Work to resolve any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Submit supply order requests to Service Supervisor for review and approval.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Assist with and prepare for hazardous weather situations including but not limited to: snow and ice removal, fires, floods, freezes, downed trees.
2. Assist in overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
-High School Diploma or equivalent; some college or trade school preferred.
- EPA certification Type I and II, Universal preferred.
-CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Self-starter who is outgoing, motivated and customer service oriented.
- Must have extensive knowledge in plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, locks/keys, and drywall.
- Must be able to physically work on feet all day long and carry loads up to 75lbs as well as use a ladder.
- Ability to handle evening and weekend emergency on-call duty on a bi-weekly basis.
- Reliable transportation and method of contact.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliance/equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion). Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation and repair of machines, wiring and equipment. Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks and gloves).
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions and write reports. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans. On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities and emergencies. Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees. Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors, Technicians, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
In this position you will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment including heat, cold, damp, rain, ice and snow. Will be regularly called upon to work overtime and service after hour’s emergencies.