QUESTAR Employee Reviews

Highly recommended!
Scoreboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNSeptember 2, 2017
Enjoyed work with quester scoring team and looking forward work with them in future.
It is best place to work with! Very ethical and career based...
Thanks!
Pros
Very positive
Cons
N/a
Great atmosphere
"Administrative Support/Exam Scorer" (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 11, 2017
The training is well though out and very beneficial. Management is very kind and courteous. Willing to work with you for the betterment of not only the employee, but the company as a whole.
gui
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 15, 2017
This company works very hard, and plays very hard. They have a very challenging environment and you will spend many hours working. But you are working for a good cause.
I enjoyed my part-time job.
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 29, 2017
My hours were flexible, but I usually put in 8-hour days scoring standardized tests. I thrive on teamwork and management encouraged this. The atmosphere was professional but casual and friendly. The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job were the intense intellectual energy necessary to perform the job.
Pros
Free beverages, opportunities for endless overtime.
Cons
Short breaks.
Small enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMay 12, 2017
Training was not successful had to figure everything out on our own. overall it was a "ok" company to work for I got along with everyone. The management were friendly and willing to help with whatever I need
Pros
Small environment to learn faster
Cons
Lunch was to short
Good Starting job
Customer Service/ Data entry (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMay 9, 2017
High turnover, not so good for an educational institution.

experienced a high turn over in such a short time, so much pressure, so much to learn in a very limited time.
Pros
Good Learning experience
Cons
high turnover
No one knows what is going on
Web Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 26, 2017
Received no actual training or on boarding documents; all training and information I received was second hand from another contractor. Fine, it was a very simple job fixing problems. The work was either a flood and had to work overtime; or there was nothing at all and still had to work overtime because there was something to do at 4:29pm and it had to be done that day.
My direct coworkers and managers were pleasant to work with and made it a good experience; however, the overall feeling was that I was not part of the company.
Pros
Time to work on side projects while at work
Cons
Often no work and nothing to do.
nice working place
QA Analyst Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 19, 2017
Nice work environment and have breaks for every two hours. Good company for entry level employees. They are good at encouraging employees to work smartly.
Nope. Don't do it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2017
The office space is depressing. The people are unfriendly. The long hours coupled with the fact that you are managed by incompetent managers makes any job there a soul-sucking bummer.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Packaging
Packer (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 22, 2017
I like working for this company, but it was only a temp job. It's a bit far though. I drove about 30 miles everyday five days a week. The company overall is very clean, and organized.
Lots of reading
Reader/Scorer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 6, 2017
Be prepared to sit and read tests for 8 hours/day. Speed is more important than accuracy. Also required to work some weekends.
Slow moving
Huamn Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2016
The company has great employees. However, the culture is very slow moving and not real motivating for employees looking to progress their careers.
Pros
Stable, benefits
Cons
Slow to react, lack of career development
Productive place to be employed.
Test Scorer (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 20, 2016
Work is steady and makes the day pass quickly. Location is great whether in Apple Valley or Bloomington. The hardest part of the job was qualifying on each test project.
Pros
Great Team Leaders.
Cons
Only contract to contract basis.
A no-nonsense focused work environment
Examiner (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 8, 2016
Evaluating and assessing writing and reading performance. I learned just how poorly some students could write and how wonderful other students could write. Management was great. Co-workers were pleasant and helpful. I found everything to be pleasant about the job and the work environment. I enjoyed having the opportunity to grade papers.
Pros
You always knew that your evaluation and score could help a student improve.
Cons
I did not find anything wrong with the work environment.
Enjoyable and Rewarding
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJanuary 1, 2016
My main job was to sort and deliver the mail to all company employees. I was also assigned to maintain copiers and printers for the offices.

When those jobs were completed I would float for other departments. I helped with purchasing, One call location services, meter reading and office reception work.
Pros
Professional Enviroment
Cons
Productive and enjoyable work environment always something to learn.
Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed the work, always new projects and challenges, I like to think and plan for myself and I had that latitude. I liked working with the crews I worked with, I could learn from them and they could learn from me. Every job has good days and bad days, but I have to say this one always had something new and exciting with something to learn.
Bad place to work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNOctober 15, 2015
Great people to work with. Terrible work/life balance. Constant unrealistic demands. Upper leadership seems handicapped. High burnout rate.
a school
Student LPN (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYOctober 8, 2015
Midpoint we lost a great teacher and they never found one to replace her with the amount of knowledge our first teacher had. they promised more clinical's which never came. They principle never answered any questions or concerns
Cons
teaching
Ability to work with a variety of people.
Reader/Scorer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 17, 2015
Although there were a large number of people in a big room, the atmosphere was pleasant. Supervisors were friendly and accessible, and coworkers were supportive.
Long History of Good Performance`
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2015
Questar has loads of good competent employees. The work is good and interesting. Management is standoff-ish. Steady work, low growth. Low growth means lack of upward career potential.
Pros
Good steady work
Cons
Lack of growth, opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUESTAR. Our community is ready to answer.