UI/UX Developer (front-end developer) starts with Photoshop comps and implements B-to-B websites in our preferred CMS, Drupal. In particular, this person will:
- Work independently and with members of our design, content, analytics, development, and management teams to build websites, apps, and other digital products for our clients.
- Assist in creation of storyboards, mockups, and wireframes to communicate UI/UX ideas for new and existing websites, apps, and other digital products.
- Serve as the production lead on a portfolio of sites. This means adding new features and content types, keeping code clean, and serving as the point of contact for business leads and project managers for those sites.
- Actively communicate with stakeholders throughout the course of a project.
- Actively perform routine evaluations of existing websites’ user interface and propose usability improvements.
- Contribute to scoping and estimating discussions, working with sales and business development teams as needed.
- Find creative but practical solutions to problems.
- Translate requests from non-technical people into tasks for technical people.
Job Responsibilities (specifics)
- Web Production/Development
- Website and newsletter development – user interface implementation for web, tablet, and mobile
- Website troubleshooting/maintenance – Oversee the websites to ensure web production, workflow, and enhancements are carried out properly.
- QA/Test - Perform Usability Testing, and cross browser, platform, device testing
- UI standards & best practices - maintain site UI architecture, file-naming, and file-preparation conventions and procedures that provide consistency in a collaborative environment with respect to UI/UX development; suggest and implement procedures to improve the UI/UX production workflow.
- Day to day web requests – manage and support day-to-day web production and technical issues submitted by the users.
- Documentation – user guides, new processes/procedures etc.
- Additional Expectations
- Proactive on providing digital guidance/recommendations to business teams on various digital/web aspects
- Analysis & Research – Assist Project Manager and/or Web Operations Manager on analysis and research on web applications/tools to enhance Questex’s overall web experiences, understanding and business practices.
- Continued self-improvements to keep up with the ever changing web technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of implementation experience with strong emphasis implementing interactive experiences for web sites.
- Mastery of HTML/XHTML and CSS.
- In-depth understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and requirements with an ability to translate design comps that are compatible with all major browsers.
- Understanding of current and evolving web standards and trends as they relate to browser-based applications including those proposed by W3C.
- CMS knowledge and experience such as Drupal, WordPress, or others.
- Experience with GIT or other source control tools.
- Experience creating wireframes and user flows from business requirements, and creating final prototypes that can be leveraged by developers.
- Excellent visual and user interface design skills with a strong emphasis on usability is a plus.
- Degree in web design, graphic design, or equivalent work experience is a plus.