About the Job
Quick Solutions, Inc. (QSI), a leader in the successful delivery of Information Technology solutions, is currently looking for exceptional .NET Developers to join our growing consulting firm.
The .Net developer will have the following Qualifications:
- Ability to create and execute Oracle queries through .Net, using both the ODP.net drivers and Enterprise Framework.
- Ability to use Oracle tools (Oracle SQL Developer) to execute queries against multiple environments
- Knowledge of advanced features within Oracle, such as; User Defined Types, Bulk Collect, and other batch performance techniques.
- A thorough understanding of WCF and the designing and managing of contracts
- Should be experienced with TDD and Agile practices
- Should be experienced with Entity Framework
- Should have worked with Teamcity before
- Knowledge and understanding of using a Messaging/Queuing (Rabbit MQ specifically) system
Beyond the technical qualifications listed below, successful candidates must possess:
- Desire to work in a long-term salaried position for a dynamic company
- Strong interest in working on a variety of projects and clients
- Consultative mindset
- Willingness to adapt to changing work environments
- Passion for technology and a demonstrated ability to work in an Agile environment
- Strong understanding of best practices
The .Net Developer will use the following technologies Technologies :
- WCF (most of the services are already created and running, so tinkering in WCF configs and such is fairly limited)
- Oracle SQL
- Entity Framework
- MVC (occasionally)
- SpecFlow, nUnit, MSTest
Architecture could loosely be described as SOA, or Service Oriented Architecture, however many of these services share a common core component where a great deal of logic is coded. This core piece, along with various other data contracts and other modules, are shared via an internal Nuget server. Thus, have to know both how to consume and publish a Nuget package (most of which is actually handled via the build server, TeamCity).
As for the day-to-day work, mostly either feature development or defect resolution in either Core or one of the 3 main services that consume Core. Most of the code isn't littered with a lot of outside frameworks (as indicated by the relatively straight-forward tech stack above), so the only stuff that anyone coming in would have to learn would be the architecture.
Recently, knowledge of Oracle SQL, Stored Procedures, and UDTs (User Defined Types) have become more important. When the Core-based architecture was devised, much of the Entity Framework code was replaced by code using these for performance reasons. As such, many of the tasks involve maintaining existing or creating new stored procedures and UDTs. Parts of the services still employ EF in places that were not offloaded to the common Core module.
On rare occasions, work on an MVC web app. It's a relatively simple and straightforward app, so general purpose knowledge of MVC, EF, and C# will get any developer 85% of the way there on being comfortable working with it. The last 15% or so comes from domain knowledge, as it is the only user-facing piece of a largely integrated process for accepting and processing batch files.
In addition to all of the above, the project also supports a WPF application that utilizes the services. Any WPF experience would be a nice-to-have when debugging anything that involved integration between the app and one of the services.
Quick Solutions, Inc. (QSI) is one of the largest privately held Information Technology and Solutions providers in Ohio. We provide technology solutions for premier companies in the banking, insurance, financial services, health care, retail and government sectors. QSI has built a loyal client base by delivering what we promise, on time, at or below budget, as expected, with the intended results.* We have nurtured long-term relationships with our clients through our commitment to our employees. QSI offers our consultants a unique environment for building dynamic partnerships and generating outstanding results.
Quick Solutions, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays, certification reimbursement, and more.* For more information, visit http://www.quicksolutions.com .
All candidates must be permanently authorized to work in the United States.