Quick Turn Merchandising Employee Reviews

Learn a new trade, get a farmers tan.
Flower Vendor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 10, 2017
I immensely enjoyed working for Quick Turn Merchandising. I was able to learn about various plant life, which is knowledge I will retain for the rest of my life. Supervision is scarce, which leaves a lot of responsibility on the employee regarding scheduled hours and discipline to continually work while you're getting paid to be there.
This job is seasonal. Don't expect to continue working once the summer hits. Most plants can't take the heat here. Overall I'd like to do it again. I'll just say that it's really hard to be mad at work when you're around such beautiful plant life.
Pros
Relaxed environment, customer interaction is scarce, farmer's tan
Cons
Lack of supervision, supply your own PPE, seasonal, skin cancer
Loved this job!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  East TexasJanuary 16, 2017
Loved working with the plants, Lowe's management, and customers! Lead person was on a power trip and communication was always mixed. Would love to work at a different location, but she would probably prevent that.
Pros
Plants and people
Cons
Team leader power trip
Very stressful and hard to advance
District Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 20, 2016
They are a smaller company, but as part of the management, it's difficult to do everything they expect. There are times that you have no help from upper management to do what is needed. Even with using your "vacation time", you're on call and constantly getting calls.
Fun, Easy and you work with plants!
Plant Vendor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 13, 2016
Unloading fresh new plants off of Shipping Carts. Organizing Plants and Reducing plants that need to be reduced. Some-point of the day you go through the discount staging area and start discounting plants. Usually working in pairs to make the Unloading, Organizing, Reducing and Overall work smoother and evenly paced. Management was Great! Co-Workers great even if they were slow. Hardest part is unloading shipments of trees because they easily exceed 50lbs and can even weigh 150+lbs! though having the pallet jacks make it a lot easier. My favorite part everyday was waking up in the mornings and getting to work with and learn about these new plants.
Pros
Fresh Smell, No Food or Gross Chemical smells.
Cons
Sometimes things get hard to lift and it can get hot out.
Good for a temp job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2016
Really laid back. You just walk around and puts plants on tables. If you can read and lift up to 30 lbs, this job is easy peasy. Mostly manual labor. Depending on your store can get up to 40 hours, but part-time seems to be preferred. Hours got cut with no warning, though.

Pay was $9/hr. Low to no supervision. Just have integrity and do your job.
Pros
Low supervision
Cons
Lowe's
Outdoor work
Garden Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2015
I enjoy working in the outdoor environment and providing customer service. A day at work is a lot of walking, moving and hanging plants. Hardest part of the job would be not having enough room to set up all the plants but then you must try to make room for them.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours to get what I wanted done.
Productive and fun workplace.
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXDecember 2, 2013
The workplace is awesome, anyone can enjoy working there it is great!
Love the work, not happy that I cannot get 40 hours
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 27, 2013
I start work early, I learned how to deal with customers. Meet all kinds of different people. Learn how to deal with irate customers.
Cons
This was a great company to work for.
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 26, 2013
I loved this job because I was working around different people every day. I worked in several towns around my hometown, and it was great to be home around the same time every day. I had a set number of hours, but could pretty much work those hours in whatever way I wanted to. This was a great job!
Pros
Work my hours as I wanted, great people!
Cons
This position is only a seasonal position.
Quick Turn Merchandising
Regional Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2013
Quick Turn Merchandising is a live plant merchandising company for Lowes home centers. A typical day begins at 6:00 AM cheking the budgets of my 5 District Managers and their 45 Lowes stores. I would contact the managers and follow up with current projects and daily operations. Store visits occured every week to check the condition of the garden center and visit with management.
My co-workers comprised an excellent team of hard working diligent employees. They completed daily and weekly operational duties.
I supported each manager as much as possible in every aspect of the job.
There wasn't anything hard about this job it was most enjoyable.
Enjoyable work displaying plants
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2013
Unload plants and display, plant- o-grams, enjoyed most of the management team, loved my co-workers, every one had there own way of doing things lacked good communication, the plants
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of communication
Great place
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2012
my co workers are great people. we go to different stores and set up plantagrams accordingly so that the customers can see the variety of plants that the company is selling. the hardest part of the job is being outside in the heat or the cold, but you get great excercise and also get to meet alot of people.
loved this job!!!
lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2012
I enjoyed working my own store and helping others learn to do my job well enough to get there own store. I also enjoyed teaching others about our product, every one should learn new things about a product before they buy it to make sure it will suit there needs. Working with out supervision allowed me to learn from my mistakes and move past them.