Quicken Loans Inc. Employee Reviews

The Company Has Changed
Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2017
When I first started working for this company it was for sure one of the best places to work. Over the years, especially over the last year things have gone somewhat in another direction that feels very corporate (this company prides itself on not being corporate). We used to be able to work from home, now we can't. We aren't given very much direction on what's happening, people are quitting and being let go left and right, people are just miserable in general. If you are looking to work just another job then it's a great company. If you are looking for more, don't apply here.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work life balance, bad leadership
Escrow Specialist
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2017
Calling and verifying property taxes for 48 US states. Calling to verify that property taxes could be paid on curtain lands across the US and surroundings cities.
Pros
free lunches, tv access, free food etc.
Cons
Lack of knowledge of position, needed more training.
Fun
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2017
Company was great , loved the culture loved the experience. Hands down best company I’ve worked for. Company is designed for young people without responsibility
Pros
Slushes
fun work place
Salesforce Developer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2017
 Worked on various phases of Software development life cycle(SDLC) involving in Requirement gathering and Analysis, Architecture designing, Development, Implementation, Deployment, Maintenance using Agile methodologies
Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 11, 2017
I had the pleasure of working for Quicken through contract and I was very sad when I was laid off. Overall if I was given the chance of work there again.
Pros
Atmosphere, comfortable, productive
Great culture
Mortgage Loan Originator/Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 9, 2017
I enjoy the daily life of the company. Typical day of work flies by because you are so busy tending to clients' needs which is a great thing. I would recommend it.
be ready for long hours
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 5, 2017
there is a reason they call it the grind. its tough, but the pay can be very rewarding. if you dont have a family and want to make some money then this is the job for you
Pros
good culture
Rewarding but Intense
Analysis & Project Management (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2017
Rewarding but intense experience. Very high expectations all around and pay wasn't quite commiserate with the amount of work and effort expected from managment
n/a
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2017
a lot of meetings, they watch everything you do, you work a lot hours, they don't like you to take time off, a lot of training, some mangers are not helpful
Pros
Cons
its like high school
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2017
Truly an "uncorporate" corporation. Employees are compensated well for their hard work with commissions, free lunches, bonuses and sometimes tickets to events. You have the ability to advance at your own pace and they train and encourage you along the way. You decide your own future at Quicken Loans!
Pros
Free lunches, team building, always options for advancement
Cons
Temp to hire time may take a while
Great work culture
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 28, 2017
great place to work at and good people around to help you out. I definitely got to learn a lot of things both professionally and technical part of the job. I would definitely recommend people espically interns to give a try at quicken loans.
Pros
free lunch atimes
Cons
Detroit isn't that good place
Really one of the best places to work
Senior Purchase Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 25, 2017
I love working at QL, is one of the best companies I've ever worked at. It can be stressful but its very worth it in the end and you have so much support.
Great Place to Work, Be Ready to Commit
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 21, 2017
Quicken Loans was an amazing company to work for. Leadership had open door policies, I always felt like I had a voice. Great benefits, fair pay, fantastic culture.

Only downside as a banker was the amount of hours worked. They were always up front about what they expected of you, so it wasn't a shock. It's simply something you need to be willing to commit to.

There are paths to working less, but they require you put in a huge amount of effort up front. Again, they're up front about it, and the goals are reachable. You get out what you put in.

Would strongly recommend to anyone, and would love to go back someday in a different role.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Leadership, Pay, Learning Enviroment
Cons
Hours
Be prepared to work
Underwriter - Refi/Purchase (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 19, 2017
I love QL, however, you have to play office politics to get ahead. One slip up and it will be held against you. Also if you have to be on medical leave, for longer than usual, they will find a way to fire you. The pay is okay, but you will fell under valued when you try to work somewhere else. Also they give you positions that are not linear, if you do try to go somewhere else. Commission and Bonuses are what keeps most people there along with the work culture.
Pros
free lunches, commission, work culture
Cons
no linear transitions, long hours
No Work/Life Balance
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 19, 2017
You will make friends for life there but you will lose any friends you have outside of work. They tell you during the interview that you'll work around 55-60 hours a week when in reality its more like 80/week. You will be guilted into working on your only day off each week. If you don't go into the office, you better still be logging in from home.
Pros
Free Lunches and Snacks, Great Benefits
Cons
No Work/Life Balance
Great Learning Experience
Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2017
Quicken Loans is a great place to learn about the mortgage industry. Quicken Loans has an excellent training program for their team members. I can honestly say that you will learn something new daily working for Quicken Loans.
Pros
free snacks and slushies, team based mentality
Cons
not fairly compensated, exceptionally long hours, shuttling to and from your car, teams can be too large and overwhelming, very cliquey, leadership has poor attitudes, constant fear of losing your job for taking time off
High Pressure Sales
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 13, 2017
was fun but then it was not very fun. Sales is king so as soon as you decline it is time to go. Would recommend for the experience because that was a great learning experience.
Good environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Downtown DetroitNovember 12, 2017
Quicken loans was very different from other work places. The area is nice and have wonderful people. When working at quicken loans I learn A lot about the company.
Pros
Nice work area
Cons
Gets cold
Most amazing place to work
Executive Vendor Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 12, 2017
Quicken Loans have amazing training program so that anybody can learn and become a qualified professional. The culture is amazing and I never hated coming to work.
Very fast pace but exciting work environment
Mortgage Banking Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 9, 2017
I loved working at Quicken, getting to know people, the fast pace environment. Everything about Quicken from how the offices were set up to the friendly employees was enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quicken Loans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9