Quickway Carriers Employee Reviews

100% Employee Owned
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
Been with Quickway for 10 years. They have never lead me astray with promises of promotion or pay. Quickway rewards their employees based off of performance while maintaining a safe, honest and professional work environment. Throughout my 10 years I've found staff to be very professional and personal. What I've enjoyed most is having the Corporate Office care so much about the people out in the field of Operations.

Truck Drivers get to benefit from a dedicated contract with an extremely reputable customer while being home daily. Competitive pay for the market with an extraordinary benefit package that can not be matched.
Pros
100% Employee Owned, Confident Supervisors, Home Daily, Down to Home Feeling, Positive Safety Culture
Moved
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2017
I was forced to move for family reasons, or I would still be working there. This was one of the best driving jobs I had. Great work environment and friendly staff. I came off the road and loved the home time. Put in 7 years. Got a free retirement after 5.
Pros
Fun work place, great equipment - Volvos when I left, decent pay
Cons
Night driving, safety training
Review
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 21, 2017
This was a good place to work. I worked hard and made good money. The benefits were union and very good. The Union Steward was a great guy and always helpful.
Miss it daily
Payroll Specialist, Human Resources Liason (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 22, 2017
Our terminal shut down due to contract negotiations but they were prepared to move my husband and I to a nearby facility. Management was supportive and personal.
Pros
Cons
Closed location
Nice if you like knowing where you are going.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHMarch 17, 2017
Worked nights at first. Had to break down pallets of milk sometimes to re-stack them. Lots of heavy lifting. I made pretty good money and there was always work available. I did not like the management at all which is why I quit. You have to stand up for yourself or they will take advantage of you. The customers were pretty nice. I t was hard to pick up all the empty milk crates because they got in the way of the full ones you were trying to take off. I liked getting paid and the equipment was pretty nice.
Pros
Nice equipment, easy to find stores and home daily.
Cons
Management was a pain, backbreaking work and lot of nights at first.
Good Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 26, 2017
Was with company for a little over 2 years before moving...i liked the job. Fun workplace/no drama. Hauled milk and occasionally frozen. Liked milk runs better.
Pros
Fun workplace, good benefits, driver focused
Cons
Physical work
Terrible company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 16, 2017
This company is the worst no raises, no bonuses although there ad says they offer them, micro managed, the worst regional manager and safety manager. Safety first that's a joke. All jobs come with the good and the bad but this company is the worst. I have been there believe me it is a company you do not want to work for. If you want to improve your career in trucking STAY AWAY

I have been through the major decline in this company, it truly used to be a good place to work but i can assure you it IS NOT ANYMORE.
Pros
Decent eqiupment
Cons
Slip seating, no raises, Just all round not a good place to work
Quickway Retirement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 3, 2017
I recently retired from Quickway after 11 years with the company. I have enjoyed my time with them and will miss going to work. Being an employee owned company, I was compensated for my years of service! Friendly atmosphere and I always felt respected. It was tough work.
Job culture is good. Benefits are good. No family time.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, Tx.September 14, 2016
Worked on a On-call schedule. 2 weeks on 1 week off. Always busy either on the yard prepping for jobs. Or out in the field going from rig to rig.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
hardly no time home
so-so
Driver (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 3, 2016
Nice working outside, nice equipment, good.mgmt., not fond of long hours, 2nd-3rd shift start times and potentially very physically demanding work when/if product falls over.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Heavy work
Joke
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJune 21, 2016
Supervisors are a joke drug infested shop poor quality work favoritism and backstabbing. Good luck huge turnover and very little experience
fast paced, great benifits
Dispatch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, IN 46176May 2, 2016
I learned to work as a team to reach a common delivery goal. It helped speed up my typing and multi tasking skills. My management team were great. They were very involved and helpful. We had three people in our office excluding the manager and we learned to work as a team to get the quoted deliveries to their destination in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was the holidays. The delivery load almost doubles. Although very chaotic it made the 12 hour shift fly by. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new drivers and keeping communication with them and their dispatchers. Great people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
12 to 13 hrs a day
driver (Former Employee) –  forth worth txFebruary 23, 2015
I will go lower than one star worse job ever no set schedule work time .off days or whenever work every Saturday and Sunday 12 and 13 hours a day 6 days a week. Slowest trucks on the interstate do i need to keep going no pay raise per year. Set load pay =wack thats why u work so many hours. No time at home wat so ever with family. If u like working that hole log book for 700 or less 100%employee owned.
Cons
Poor management, too much backstabbing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TnJanuary 13, 2015
Horrible company!! Pay is good but that's it!! They look for any and every reason to write you up! Throw you under the bus with the customers. Other co workers are quick to lie on you in order to try and get ahead. Poor training program, no clue about logistics!! Stay away!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
driver Dallas,TX
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2014
low pay no raises
it was a drop and hook
however you may and usually have to wait a considerable amount of time to get your return load
management not very good either
Cons
everything
Best delivery job I ever worked in 38 yrs.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro,TN.February 18, 2014
Sorry company with sorry management. Do not give you a chance to
finish training. Co-Workers were against me from the beginning-they
lied to management. Expected you to be as fast as a seasoned
employee. Did nothing wrong-let go in 2 days. Mgr. claimed I quit-
even screwed me out of part of my wages!
Cons
the equipment is good shap
CDL delevery driver (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 14, 2014
The work hours are good. The faster you can get done the faster you go home.
Very Solid Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville INJanuary 17, 2014
Dedicated carrier for The Kroger Co
Dispatched and deliver up to 300 loads and shuttles daily consisting of up to 4000 miles daily
Managed 195 employees and drivers
Loved my job here until...
Office Manager/Dispatcher/Safety and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 18, 2013
I basically started the job as a paper log auditor within a couple months I became safety and compliance, driver manager, office manager, data entry, trainer, etc. and most of all the driving force in retaining drivers at my terminal. I worked for the same bad money for 2 years, never given a raise even though my responsibilities increased exponentially. They treat their drivers poorly I had to spend money out of my own pocket for little things that made the drivers happier. All this until one day the VP of the southern region decided he wanted to put his driver buddy at my desk since there were no other desk jobs available for him. I also knew this driver and he mentioned to me that the boss man was thinking about giving him an office job. Within a week I was written up 2 times for things that were not really against any of their policies and one of them was the same mistake 4 other people had made and had not been written up for. When I questioned that write up he said that was insubordination and fired me on the spot. The next day said driver was at my desk doing 1/4 of the work I was already trained to do and making twice the money I was making. Even worse they denied my unemployment claim even though I was already back to work and they were only going to have to pay me like 1000$ so I had to fight tooth and nail for that. I thought this was a great place to work for almost 2 years then they pulled this on me. Since then, of my original 22 drivers there are only 6 left with the company
Pros
Cons
Southern Region Vice President
I liked the other co-workers and the job I did.
Billing/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2013
I normally start my day with looking thru drivers trip sheets checking the mileage and stops to the routing that was sent over by Atlas. If they didn't match then I would add or delete the stops and recalculate mileage on streets and trip program. I would put all the changes on a spreadsheet to send to Atlas for approval. I would then add up all the stops and mileage on another spreadsheet Then on another spreadsheet that had all the routes I would make the changes on it that I had found from the drivers trip sheets. I would balance the mileage and stop spreadsheet to the routing that I got from Atlas for each day.
I learned how to use excel spreadsheets, routing miles, and balancing routing. Most of the management was great there, some was not.
The hardest part of the job was when changes were to be made and I was not informed by my manager.
I enjoyed working with numbers!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quickway Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9