Quickway Carriers

Quickway Carriers United States Employee Reviews

Poor management, too much backstabbing
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TnJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
Horrible company!! Pay is good but that's it!! They look for any and every reason to write you up! Throw you under the bus with the customers. Other co workers are quick to lie on you in order to try and get ahead. Poor training program, no clue about logistics!! Stay away!!
driver Dallas,TX
Driver (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2014
Cons: everything
low pay no raises
it was a drop and hook
however you may and usually have to wait a considerable amount of time to get your return load
management not very good either
Best delivery job I ever worked in 38 yrs.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Murfreesboro,TN.February 18, 2014
Sorry company with sorry management. Do not give you a chance to
finish training. Co-Workers were against me from the beginning-they
lied to management. Expected you to be as fast as a seasoned
employee. Did nothing wrong-let go in 2 days. Mgr. claimed I quit-
even screwed me out of part of my wages!
the equipment is good shap
CDL delevery driver (Current Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 14, 2014
The work hours are good. The faster you can get done the faster you go home.
Very Solid Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Shelbyville INJanuary 17, 2014
Dedicated carrier for The Kroger Co
Dispatched and deliver up to 300 loads and shuttles daily consisting of up to 4000 miles daily
Managed 195 employees and drivers
Loved my job here until...
Office Manager/Dispatcher/Safety and Compliance (Former Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 18, 2013
Cons: southern region vice president
I basically started the job as a paper log auditor within a couple months I became safety and compliance, driver manager, office manager, data entry, trainer, etc. and most of all the driving force in retaining drivers at my terminal. I worked for the same bad money for 2 years, never given a raise even though my responsibilities increased exponentially. They treat their drivers poorly I had to spend money out of my own pocket for little things that made the drivers happier. All this until one day the VP of the southern region decided he wanted to put his driver buddy at my desk since there were no other desk jobs available for him. I also knew this driver and he mentioned to me that the boss man was thinking about giving him an office job. Within a week I was written up 2 times for things that were not really against any of their policies and one of them was the same mistake 4 other people had made and had not been written up for. When I questioned that write up he said that was insubordination and fired me on the spot. The next day said driver was at my desk doing 1/4 of the work I was already trained to do and making twice the money I was making. Even worse they denied my unemployment claim even though I was already back to work and they were only going to have to pay me like 1000$ so I had to fight tooth and nail for that. I thought this was a great place to work for almost 2 years then they pulled this on me. Since then, of my original 22 drivers there are only 6 left with the company
I liked the other co-workers and the job I did.
Billing/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2013
I normally start my day with looking thru drivers trip sheets checking the mileage and stops to the routing that was sent over by Atlas. If they didn't match then I would add or delete the stops and recalculate mileage on streets and trip program. I would put all the changes on a spreadsheet to send to Atlas for approval. I would then add up all the stops and mileage on another spreadsheet Then on another spreadsheet that had all the routes I would make the changes on it that I had found from the drivers trip sheets. I would balance the mileage and stop spreadsheet to the routing that I got from Atlas for each day.
I learned how to use excel spreadsheets, routing miles, and balancing routing. Most of the management was great there, some was not.
The hardest part of the job was when changes were to be made and I was not informed by my manager.
I enjoyed working with numbers!
Sucks
truck driver (Former Employee), IndianapolisOctober 23, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They want you to run 6-7 days a week and dispatch will swap loads for buddy's other are left with slim pickens . Save the time and pass on this place.....ask yourself if company is 100% employee owned why do some shop have union representing them.
Sucks
driver (Current Employee), louisvilleJuly 30, 2013
Cons: long hours.no heart for employees needs for time off.
NO family time, they play favorites. dispatcher sucks. don't waste your time.
Productive fun place to work
Tractor Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee), Newark, OHMarch 6, 2013
I enjoyed the job that I had with this comany and I had planned on staying with this company until they had asked me to relocate to a different state and leave my family for the job.
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: very good money.
Cons: real bad benefits.
work 9:00pm til 11:00am tuesday thru saturday del perishable goods to kroger . spend alot of time alone and away from family.Hardest part is driving in bad weather.best part getting to know all the customers at each of the kroger stores. management is very good and easy to work with.