Quidel Corporation Employee Reviews

Quidel
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHApril 26, 2017
Great company to work for. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. We had a lot of team building activities, which was nice. I had great benefits working for Quidel. The only reason for leaving the company was because my husband was relocated.
Immature!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Other branches of Quidel may be ok but what I found while employed in the Athens location was an EXTREMLY immature work place, Including "management."

Some of the managers spent more time gossiping, flirting and engaging in inappropriate behavior than they did work which example inturn set a bad example to follow.

If high school drama is your thing this would be a great place to work, if not take note of Quidel Athens culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay, management
Low pay, terrible management, extremely childish environment
Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Graduated from college and wanted to start my research career. Was hired and very quickly learned this company was not what a real, mature work environment is like.

Management was terrible: non existent until an issue arose and instead of solving the problem they often times made the matter worse. Most of them gained there positions not by aptitude but by attrition.

Extremely immature environment in general, very " high school" like with all the gossip and back stabbing. There literally a group who shared a lunch table and referred to themselves as "the cool kids club."

The pay was absolutely terrible.
Pros
Benefits, labor level employees, experience to build your resume
Cons
Pay, management
Great training and learning environment
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2016
I was new, and this was such a great way to start a medical career. They co-workers were great, the products were good, the manager had such a temper, he was banned from 5 of my accounts.
Decent place to work
Document Control (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJuly 15, 2016
I worked in QA at the Athens Facility and found that I learned so much in my position with Quidel.
Most of the employees are friendly and eager to assist when needed, however there were a few people who were not friendly and down right defensive if they made a mistake, instead of owning up to it and saying, what can we do to fix this, they would always have an excuse as to why they made the mistake. This is the main reason I left my position with Quidel. When addressing issues with my manager, nothing was ever done and nothing ever changed.
Also the pay is not great for the amount of work that is required.
Overall though, I liked my job, but found a job making more money and I'm not dealing with people who cannot own up to their mistakes.
Pros
Company culture, meaningful work, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
Weak management and low pay
Organization
Marketing (Former Employee) –  San DiegoNovember 12, 2015
Growing organization with all problems that come from that - disorganized and sloppy management, nepotism and favoritism. They have good products and good people but management should be changed.
Productive and had fun with my co-workers
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2015
I like the treatment of co-workers. but they should treat the temp and permanent employees equal. Here was where I started and enhanced my personality and capabilities.
fun flexible place to work, with a good team
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 8, 2015
Usually everyday was smooth. There minimum stressful days, that consisted of a work load. Everyone got along well and worked together to fulfill a schedule.
Pros
free lunches, fun activities, appreciation for employees hard work.
Cons
laid off
Good work/life balance.
Account Manager, New England Territory (Former Employee) –  New EnglandAugust 20, 2015
Overall a good company to work for. Growing rapidly, and still acts a bit too much like a startup. Could put more into product launches.
Pros
Good work/life balance.
Cons
Run and gun management style.
Excellent Technology, Management could use some help
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CaliforniaApril 7, 2015
The exposure to the design and development of the molecular products and the bond I had with my colleagues were the reasons why I stayed at Quidel in Santa Clara. Management needed lots of help after they fired the Director of Operations. the replacement manager was incompetent and eventually drove the facility to the ground - all manufacturing was transferred to the facility in Athens, Ohio and the Santa Clara facility was closed.
Pros
Much growth in the molecular technology realm
Cons
Unskilled upper management - low employee morale

Want to know more about Quidel Corporation?

Ask a question
Work environment can be good unless you have a family.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at this company but management is not supportive and HR doesn't support the workers, just the managment.
Very uptight and cut-throat. Trust NO ONE in this company
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OhioDecember 11, 2014
This company is full of people who are only there for self-advancement. It is very political and cut-throat. The company is constantly laying off people and hiring "fresh" causing an environment where you cannot feel safe. There is literally not a single person that is trustworthy in this company. If you take an issue to HR, it is public knowledge the next day and they will twist your words any chance they can. "Management" is not present at all in this company until something is wrong and they are in panic mode.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Very negative, Back stabbing
Great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2013
people make this place great. The culture died with the new CEO but the company is making strides to bring it back. Salaries are on the low end of the scale for a public biotech company. Benefits are good.
Pros
Awesome people work here
Cons
Limited room for advancement, top heavy organization
Cut-throat environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2013
Very political, cut-throat environment. Multiple layoff and then hire causing uptight environment
Productive, Good Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAAugust 2, 2012
I enjoyed working at Quidel because I like the environment and it was my first electronics assembler job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quidel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8