Quikrete Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NHJuly 6, 2016
Good group of drivers and workers, however management is lacking and very unorganized. They lack the ability to retain employees in the shipping and production which leads to long wait times for the drivers. Dispatch is unorganized and all decisions seem to take forever due to the degree of micromanagement from the plant as well as from the corporate offices.
Cons
Long down time, Poor scheduling
Enjoyed my time with the company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 16, 2016
All was good. I so enjoyed the customers I called on in MIddle TN & KY. I also attended many vendor buying stores and promoting the product.
Productive place to work.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAJanuary 11, 2016
Quikrete is a great company to work for, employees are rewarded with raises and a good benifit package. Work hours were also good.
supportive management with awesome bosses
Corporate Finance Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2015
Great place to work, consist of wonderful people, lovely co-workers.
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
My bosses make it all worthwhile!
Cons
Health care too expensive
Dirty work environment but great people to work with.
Shift Supervisor/Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2015
I was in charge of 8 Hispanic workers to make and ship packaged concrete products. Hard to get along with my boss because no matter how hard you work it still isn't enough.
Good place to out, work environment little on the short side
IT Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 12, 2015
Decent place to work overall. Quikrete respects its employees and frequently has events for the office workers. Pay is decent. The thing that I didn't like the most about working at Quikrete was the work environment. There was always a bit of a tension between who should be getting what done and when. Management usually did little to clear this up surprisingly, instead taking the initiative to us, which already wasn't working.
very motivated company a pleasure to go to work every day
lead truck driver (Former Employee) –  2660 w 64th ave Denver Colorado USAAugust 12, 2015
10 to 11 hour work days were all ways enjoyable as no body was micro managed, the support of management was all ways their and motivated and would listen to request and complaints, the hardest part of this job was in winter when we had snow and adverse conditions to drive in
Pros
bonus end of year, thanksgiving all receved turkey, Christmas all received ham
Cons
annual leave and not pay for sick days
Very productive an fun to work for
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 7, 2015
My job duties varied i was operating all lines even the drier. i would send out production faster than they have ever seen it takes me about 1 1/2 hour to send out 4,000 units of concrete the hardest part of the job was running the drier you had to make sure it was all going in dry therefore the operators could get good production to send out if it wasn't dry it would cause the lines to jam up the most enjoyable part of my job was to get all an everything done by the end of the shift.
liked it wanna go back
tubesand,blacktop,and gravel (Former Employee) –  Elburn, ILJune 30, 2015
great workplace,and everyone on the same page.There was a time when i didn't know how to work the blacktop,and my co-worker helped me out with it which was cool.
Pros
friendly place to work
Cons
need more food machines
AR Clerk (Current Employee) –  GAMay 12, 2015
Great Co-workers. Monday-Friday 8-5. Always learning new stuff. Always busy. Management pushes you to do better. 2 weeks of vacation and 1 week of sick pay.
Pros
Co-workers
Benefits
Get it done environment
Bulk Material Sales (Former Employee) –  Alvaredo,TXMay 12, 2015
Coworkers are great.
Management a bit good old boy, old school. But, allow you to be as aggressive selling as needed as long as you are meeting your numbers.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Good Ole boy office environment
Good place to work overall.
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Wauregan, CTMay 11, 2015
Good place to work overall. No one watching over your shoulder. Freedom to be creative. Never have problems with any co-workers. Hardest part of job is the extremely dusty work environment and schedules frequently change with little or no notice.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Plans, schedule changes frequently with little or no notice. Extremely dusty work environment.
Great place to work all around.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 26, 2015
I loved my job at Quikrete and would still be there today if I had not moved away with my family. I enjoyed all the people there also. I started as A/P then the A/R person left and I took on both positions with just an office assistant.
Concrete
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIMarch 23, 2015
I didn't know there was so much to learn about concrete. Quikrete was nice with welcoming me into the team. It was easy paced job that allowed me to work as fast or slow as I wanted.
Pros
decent pace
Cons
warm office
Great Company, weak location
Purchasing Manager and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSFebruary 21, 2015
I perfected my problem solving and human resources skills on this job. Each day was filled with research, managing inventory, managing operations, dispatching delivery trucks and over all problem solving. There were many challenges at this job due to poor management. I was, however, congratulated by the CEO for recovering lost funds and revealing a lot of internal flaws that were damaging the company's progress.
Pros
helping others succeed, problem solving
Cons
heavy employee turn-over, there were 4 different managers in 2 years, not given the freedom to make the necessary changes to help the business succeed.
steady pay check only
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2015
Good fellow employees except one that was stealing loads from me at night and I'm pretty sure was running over HOS to do so. Company manager was told about situation and didn't do a thing to change it. Trucks sent from California were rolling death traps that never should have been on the road, let alone put into service. Repairs were made to make them legal but it took six months to do so.Manager buries head in the sand and looks other way when there is any negative situation that arises. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
steady pay check
Cons
management passes buck and forth between managers and no honesty among theives
Part time
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2015
This was a part time job I did enjoy working with this company but my assignment ended. My manager was very nice
Cons
very cold
Great company
Forklift operator / Laborer / Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Danielson, CTJanuary 14, 2015
Hard work but had a great crew and good hours. My mind was always busy with something to do and that kept everyone from having nothing to do. Overall a great company if you like hard labor.
Pros
plenty of hours and ot
Cons
it was just a very dusty environment and it was hard to get use to
Very good family-oriented company to work for
General Clerical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peachland, NCNovember 30, 2014
The managers were very accommodating when needing time off to deal with children and other family crises. They brought me on as a temporary employee and kept me working as long as possible until they were no longer able to and let me go with as much compensation as they could.
Pros
steady schedule, good pay, excellent relationships with co-workers
Cons
being a temporary employee, i didn't have benefits like health insurance, etc
a typical day
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, kyOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work was honestly tiring but fulfilling at the same time , I learned teamwork is key