Quikrete Employee Reviews

Amazing job, have to work hard but it's worth it..
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed this more than any job i've ever done, loved it sadly school came along, but this job is nice if you want money, i loved it the treatment, the manager the work.
Structural and traditional office environment
Corporate/Finance Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2017
I worked for 3 amazing bosses. They are the most wonderful, respectful, kind, considerate and classy people that I have ever met in the construction industry. I left because of personal reasons. often times, an easy-going management ended up with the most evil workplace culture. What a shame!
Pros
butter ball turkey and honey baked ham for Thanksgiving and Christmas
very dirty job but can be fun
Packaging, Shipping, and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 1, 2017
Quikrete is a concrete factory so that being said you should automatically assume you're going to get very dirty but it can be a fun job if you get along with your coworkers easy.
production manager
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 28, 2017
hard work environment. Poor maintenance of equipment. The expectation is high, the pay is low. I do not recommend working here unless you have no other choices.
Pros
Cons
everything
Awesome driving expeirence
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 21, 2017
A good forklift job. Pay could have been better and there could have been better communication with magement. The people to work with was great and there was always trucks to be loaded.
Porductive work enviroment
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2017
I learned a lot working for this company for over 8 years. I was cross trained to many different job positions. The comapny was great to work for. The management staff at the time was difficult to work for.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 10, 2017
you don't get paid nearly enough money for the work you do. very hazardous job. don't abide by safety rules. pro is you get your weekends off. they do give you paid vacations. the schedule is not consistent. you either work an 8,10, or 12.
This was a good learning experience for me
New York - Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2017
This temp assignment gave me more work experience in areas I was lacking. I enjoyed working with the staff and was actually hoping to be hired here. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.
Hard work Make good money
Production (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHMarch 27, 2017
This job is awesome. it can be stressful at times when it gets fast paced but usually everyone helps everyone out. They are a team. competitive wages all around great chances to advance as well in position and in wages.
Production Operations/Quality Control Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elburn, ILFebruary 14, 2017
•Responsible for completion of daily pre-production analysis forms as well as monthly company self-assessment forms.
•Ensure the compliance of OSHA and FDA regulations, responsible for upholding Dunkin Donuts product standards.
•Responsible for employee orientation training. Discovery and implementation of new quality systems/procedures.

•Planned, directed, coordinated and assigned manpower to meet aggressive production schedules.
•Defined manufacturing performance standards and reviewed the outcome of performance goals to set future targets.
•Drove daily production activities with effective communication and leadership.
Good Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALDecember 27, 2016
A typical day at work consist loading and unloading of trucks. I learned how to load more efficiently with forklift. I enjoyed my co-worker and management.
Pros
schedule
Cons
working outside
great job
Assembly Line Operator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDNovember 17, 2016
Receive, unload and place incoming, and outgoing inventory appropriately manually, and by forklift. Taking inventory, and organizing stock to allow others to find products more timely, and efficiently while managing warehouse floor space, as well as creating a safer work environment. Operating assembly lines at a fast pace while maintaining the consistently ensuring the quality of the products. Reading, and filling orders where measuring, and mixing specific ingredients accurately was necessary.
Pros
consistent hours, cool co-workers
Cons
lots of dust in air, get filthy
Great Work Space
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time working here! The hours are reasonable with the pay and the coworkers were friendly and welcoming. Management is understanding and flexible with personal needs.
Pros
Free Lunches
Production line
Production/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NHJuly 30, 2016
Always on task keeping up with daily requirements. Strong communication and team work. Working overtime when needed. Maintain a clean work environment.
Pros
Overtime and free lunch and water
Cons
Short Breaks
Poor management
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NHJuly 6, 2016
Good group of drivers and workers, however management is lacking and very unorganized. They lack the ability to retain employees in the shipping and production which leads to long wait times for the drivers. Dispatch is unorganized and all decisions seem to take forever due to the degree of micromanagement from the plant as well as from the corporate offices.
Cons
Long down time, Poor scheduling
Enjoyed my time with the company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 16, 2016
All was good. I so enjoyed the customers I called on in MIddle TN & KY. I also attended many vendor buying stores and promoting the product.
easy going place with good employees
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 20, 2016
Work is a dirty place with alot of cement dust flying around. Machines are out of date. But all employees are great people to work with.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
a lot of dust
Productive place to work.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAJanuary 11, 2016
Quikrete is a great company to work for, employees are rewarded with raises and a good benifit package. Work hours were also good.
supportive management with awesome bosses
Corporate Finance Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2015
Great place to work, consist of wonderful people, lovely co-workers.
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
My bosses make it all worthwhile!
Cons
Health care too expensive
Dirty work environment but great people to work with.
Shift Supervisor/Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2015
I was in charge of 8 Hispanic workers to make and ship packaged concrete products. Hard to get along with my boss because no matter how hard you work it still isn't enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quikrete. Our community is ready to answer.