Quiksilver Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Merchandising and Production/Sourcing Department (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Samples
Cons: No growth opportunity
• Responsible for getting customer approvals and comments on artwork, samples, costing, timelines,
changing materials.
• Executed product development timeline with overseas factories from concept to delivery.
• Worked closely with sales and designers coordinating samples, tracking deliveries, etc.
• Coordinated photo shoots for various catalogs, inserts, brochures, etc.
• Worked with sales on executing product presentation and special needs for retail accounts.
• Responsible for maintaining database for each customer on the current orders.
• Responsible for coordination of packing lists, bill of ladings, invoices, licenses, etc.
amazing work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2015
everyday is a new experience with meeting new people and great management team. It is very fast pace so there is always something to do or someone to help, customer service wise.
no longer as good as it used to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Mount WaverleyJune 18, 2015
the cafe used to be a powerhouse until new management took over. The business is run by managers who have no drive for the business to do better than what it is - sleepy.
Fun workplace with Skater/ Surfer Vibe
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks, Employee Discounts
Cons: Bi-Weekly pay, no promotions
Working at Quiksilver was an amazing experience for me. As my first ever experience in the work field, my main job as a retail associate was to assist customers in there shopping experience with us. In my downtime, when I wasn't helping customers I was constantly restocking the sales floor, and making sure the my given area was neat and clean. All of my co-workers where excellent people, some just starting their retail careers just like myself. the best part of my Job was helping people with the Skateboard section, which at the time I was quite passionate about. The most difficult part of my job was upselling products that were overstocked in the store.
nice job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Jurupa, CAApril 15, 2015
this job is very tedious and can take a toll on you. You will always get your 40 hours and job culture is okay. The people there are friendly to a degree.
Laid back environment and great co-workers
Production Artist / Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Casual Work environment, Fun Staff Events, Discounts on Cloths and Merchandise
Cons: Limited Opportunities to Advance, Poor Upper Management, Lack of Job Security, No Transparency
A typical work day consisted of me assessing my work load to determine which assignments were top priority then working the rest of the day to complete those projects. There was very little micromanage so I learned how to work autonomously to make sure that I stay on top of my work load. My immediate supervisors were always very helpful and available but upper-management seemed to be disjointed and segregated form the rest of the company. I had a great time with all of my co-workers and the culture encouraged us to interact and support one another. Hardest part of the job was the confusion and lack of transparency from upper-management which resulted lots of extra work and nearly impossible deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job were all the great people I got to work with on a daily basis and the fact that I was entrusted with the task of managing my own work load.
Fast pace environment with flexibility to learn multiple operations throughout the store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 26, 2015
I was able to learn efficient ways to manage time with customers and sharing product knowledge. This was the first real corporate company I worked for and it opened my eyes as to how things really work behind the scenes. My co-workers have been the most enjoyable part of the job; we are like one big happy family.
not sure
Medical Courier (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: meet a group of very nice people
Cons: no breaks
just picking up specimen and delivery to location on a time frame sometime long and sometime short the days are different dispatcher are not always in a good mood company is alright to work for if you are retired
work at Quiksilver
E-Commerce Analyst (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 8, 2015
It is a clean and organized environment, with a structure (snack bar and gym) that support the employee well being.

A typical day will start around 8:30-9pm and go until 5pm. The routine in the office is frequently populated by meetings, research, talk to your contacts (partners and customers) and negotiate with them. Update your controls and report back to manager/director. In paralel, you are constantly thinking on ways to make the process more efficient, and that kind of pro-active thinking is something encouraged there.
Productive workplace
Receiving Lead (Current Employee), Mira Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Supervised employees from start to finish in unloading and system scanning of daily freight in a timely and effective manner.
The BEST work experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: the discounts, management, environment
Okay, so I absolutely LOVED working for Quiksilver. Everyone there was great including management, we had great event parties for our store, contests for selling product, just an overall GREAT work experience
Active location and insightful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 3 Times Square New York, NY 10036January 12, 2015
During, the summer in which I worked, it was a bit stressful since I was attending school and working. At a location like this one, it became a lot of customers to deal with at once. Especially since most were foreigners it was harder to communicate with them,but I made sure they left with everything they were looking for. There wasn't really any hard part to the job and I just enjoyed being able to meet different people from different worlds.
productive and fun to work big screen tv
Ptc Puller (Former Employee), mira loma,CA.December 22, 2014
check with supervisor and see what is listed for today.After that you go on your day
great place to work at, fun and a place to learn a great deal
Operations Supervisor. (Former Employee), Huntington BeachDecember 10, 2014
Pros: fun very busy environment, place to learn allot must be able to work on your own.
Cons: was always short staff
I ran the help desk, managed all tickets coming into the IT department, also help run month end, year end processes.Support warehouse with RF guns printers and desk top support. Created documentation for all daily, monthly, quarterly processes,
good job
CDL Driver Class B (Current Employee), West Allis, WIDecember 8, 2014
Pros: independent
Cons: no benefits
fun job with no benefits. paid by commission and on the 15th and the last day of the month.
Learned how important getting product to customers on time.
management is good.
Amazing place to work with great people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great working environment, friendly people
I love working at Quiksilver. The people who work there are laid back but driven. Everyone is very loyal to their brand and really embodies the action sports culture!
Productive and fun
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
It was the warehouse but too bad they moved to central america.
Productive environment
Tees Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fair managements
Cons: having position eliminated.
Daily full day workload.

Learned SAP programming system.

I had great management throughout my 9+ years. All had been fair, which made it possible to stay within the Production Department but move across Product Divisions.

Co-workers were the same as in any company. Had great ones and difficult ones. Just had to adjust to each person. Be it a business only environment or a comfortable environment.

Dealing with other departments that did not have the same work ethic as the Production team had.

all the social activities Quiksilver gave to their employees, Beer Fridays during the summer, sports films on our "Main Street", great modern workinhg environment, most friendly co-workers.
Fun enviroment with enjoyable co workers who knew how to get the job done.
Production Planning Manager (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: incredible workplace from mamagement who took care of employees, to coworkers who you spent time with in and out of the workplace.
Cons: layoffs, coworkers turning on each other in order to save thier jobs
*Worked daily with my team including all areas of production to insure product was delivered on time.
*team work - you didn't have to scream to get the job done.
*That management treated their employees with fairness and appreciation.
*Fun and easy to get along with - understood sense of priorities.
*Took some time but dealing with salespeople - learning new computer system, but again adapted very well.
*Enjoyed my job, loved the world of pre-production from beginning to end, and the perks (quarterly bonus, extra days off, beer Fridays, company paid department trips to Vegas) weren't bad at all.
Laid back work environment
Sales Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CASeptember 18, 2014
I have met some amazing people at this company and have always enjoyed the culture and work environment. Its that work hard, play hard mentality. Not a lot of micro managing going on as long as you get your job done.