Quiksilver Employee Reviews in United States

Quiksilver
Associate, Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 12, 2016
Unfortunately for me, working at Quiksilver came at a time in the company's life when I don't think they cared much about their Outlet stores in Texas (they closed the location I worked at). I never felt like I had an opportunity to advance with Quiksilver. That's not a knock on them, though, there just was not a lot of movement going on there. I always loved the company, though, and I love the brand.
Pros
good environment, awesome coworkers and management
Cons
low pay, not a lot of love from corporate for the outlet stores
Productive and Fun work environment!
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
Quiksilver is definitely a fun and desirable place to work at. Like all jobs you have your work cut out to you and being promoted upwards has its limits. Other than that it is an awesome experience even in the retail industry and you will learn skills to take with you where ever you go!
Great place to work during my tenure
Vice President Marketing Quiksilver/Roxy/DC (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 16, 2016
The management, employees and culture were amazing. Management engendered creativity and growth. The employees loved and participated in action sports culture. The day-to-day environment was positive for the most part during my tenure.
Organized and efficient
Graphic Designer / Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 30, 2016
Organized and efficient creative departments / management.
Fun and creative workspace where internal promotion is encouraged.
Great learning experience, positive career growth and networking.
Pros
Great Projects, Free lunches / employee events / discounts / etc.
typical but with a twist kinda day
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 5, 2016
you will learn from all other departments, so if your department runs out of work you can still work your 8hrs helping another department.
Pros
the people, and the benefits
Cons
schedules can change minute by minute
Not so good of a place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2016
i learned a lot about this company,i learned a lot from the old managers that actually cared for the company. with new managers coming the company has ruined their reputation on having the best customer service
Pros
Cons
no hours
Great learning experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Quiksilver allows you to grow and improve your abilities. You learn exceptional customer service, how to work with a team, opportunities merchandising the product, etc.. Your communication skills will improve, as well as, time management and balancing tasks and services. Co-workers are extremely friendly and reliable. You meet great people from all over the world, and others who are very loyal to our store.
Quiksilve
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
Awesome company to work for, Was able to establish myself as a manager and lead a team of employees. The culture was awesome and the employees were fun. the Ohana that we created was the best part of each one of my days.
Cool People, Bad Management
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
I only worked there for a few months, but when I started there it was around the end of summer so it was really slow business at the store. It would get so slow that they would send people home early. Management was alright. It was mostly a bunch of people who had no idea what they were doing. My co-workers were great, free spirits, really chill and very funny. The hardest part of that job was the management. The best part of the job was getting to know really great and decent people.
Pros
Great locoation, long break, awseome discount
Good company
US Marketplace Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 23, 2016
Great brands, smart people and fun atmosphere to be part of. The most frustrating thing about the company is that it takes forever to get people to do things. There are many channels you must go through before an action is taken. More autonomy needs to be given to the mgmt team.
Culture and work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 24, 2016
Great work environment and approachable superiors
-staff is like a family and is a really respectful and helpful environment
Fun environment with very great staff
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2016
sadly filed for bankruptcy, did not take care of their part time employees. Barely gave effort to small stores and only focused on high volume stores. Meetings were a bit repetitive not enough district managers for amount of stores. Not open to hearing advice from the people below the pyramid.
Fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2016
Very laid back atmosphere with great management and co-workers. On good days it hardly felt like a job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with generally horrible customers.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 8, 2016
All of the employees were amazing to work with and working with so many tourists and foreigners really helped me gain communication skills and sales experience.
work place had a foosball table
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 2, 2016
the Quiksilver supervisors were nice coworkers are they had a great 401k plan benefits we're good and they worked around my schedule work mondat through friday saturdays if necessary always worked overtime
Pros
good hours
Wonderful Work Experience
Lead (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I love what I do, I love the daily challenges. I am mostly happy when I am thanked for my help at the end of the day. I also like the fact that I get to meet and work with great people everyday.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
No days off
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
This is a Great place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly, full of energy and love. Lunch is one hour which is great and closing the store is the best part of the day
This company is not stable and is poorly managed from the top all the way down. Their stock says it all. My co-workers were pretty good, friendly and
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2015
This store isn't as enjoyable as portrayed. Atmosphere could be better and there was way too much manual labor for the amount of pay received. Wasn't worth the pay, too much done for too little.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Very low pay
An exciting and busy workplace with friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa MesaSeptember 30, 2015
Firstly, some of the best friends I have I made after working at Quiksilver. Very committed to seeing you as family and not just a coworker. Excellent morale that transferred to customers which led to greater sales. Compensation wasn't that great, but the workplace was so wonderful that it was worth working there despite the poor pay. The store was close enough to the corporate headquarters so there were plenty of opportunities to get familiar and network with corporate employees. Management wasn't always consistent, or would occasionally come down too hard on employees, but this was the exception.
Pros
Family atmosphere, laid-back, hard work is quickly noticed, ability to network with corporate workers
Cons
Poor pay, inconsistent goals from management
Great Place to Work
Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 11, 2015
Sorry I left. They were having some financial trouble, and the job did not seem that stable so I decided to leave. Worst decision I have ever made.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Compensation, Culture
Cons
Stability