Quiksilver Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 8, 2016
All of the employees were amazing to work with and working with so many tourists and foreigners really helped me gain communication skills and sales experience.
Good company
US Marketplace Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 23, 2016
Great brands, smart people and fun atmosphere to be part of. The most frustrating thing about the company is that it takes forever to get people to do things. There are many channels you must go through before an action is taken. More autonomy needs to be given to the mgmt team.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
This is a Great place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly, full of energy and love. Lunch is one hour which is great and closing the store is the best part of the day
Great learning experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Quiksilver allows you to grow and improve your abilities. You learn exceptional customer service, how to work with a team, opportunities merchandising the product, etc.. Your communication skills will improve, as well as, time management and balancing tasks and services. Co-workers are extremely friendly and reliable. You meet great people from all over the world, and others who are very loyal to our store.
Wonderful Work Experience
Lead (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I love what I do, I love the daily challenges. I am mostly happy when I am thanked for my help at the end of the day. I also like the fact that I get to meet and work with great people everyday.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
No days off
work place had a foosball table
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 2, 2016
the Quiksilver supervisors were nice coworkers are they had a great 401k plan benefits we're good and they worked around my schedule work mondat through friday saturdays if necessary always worked overtime
Pros
good hours
Cool People, Bad Management
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
I only worked there for a few months, but when I started there it was around the end of summer so it was really slow business at the store. It would get so slow that they would send people home early. Management was alright. It was mostly a bunch of people who had no idea what they were doing. My co-workers were great, free spirits, really chill and very funny. The hardest part of that job was the management. The best part of the job was getting to know really great and decent people.
Pros
Great locoation, long break, awseome discount
Good work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 13, 2016
Good place to work. Many challenges and learn something new every day. Lots of opportunity to tune store to our customer base.
Fun environment with very great staff
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2016
sadly filed for bankruptcy, did not take care of their part time employees. Barely gave effort to small stores and only focused on high volume stores. Meetings were a bit repetitive not enough district managers for amount of stores. Not open to hearing advice from the people below the pyramid.
Great Place to Work
Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 11, 2015
Sorry I left. They were having some financial trouble, and the job did not seem that stable so I decided to leave. Worst decision I have ever made.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Compensation, Culture
Cons
Stability
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2015
This store isn't as enjoyable as portrayed. Atmosphere could be better and there was way too much manual labor for the amount of pay received. Wasn't worth the pay, too much done for too little.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Very low pay
Fun & Exciting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 22, 2015
Usual office work, answering phones, scheduling appointments, repair service called. Busy office worked directly to the IT Department Director.
Pros
health insurance and extra benifits
Cons
traffic was bad getting to work
An exciting and busy workplace with friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa MesaSeptember 30, 2015
Firstly, some of the best friends I have I made after working at Quiksilver. Very committed to seeing you as family and not just a coworker. Excellent morale that transferred to customers which led to greater sales. Compensation wasn't that great, but the workplace was so wonderful that it was worth working there despite the poor pay. The store was close enough to the corporate headquarters so there were plenty of opportunities to get familiar and network with corporate employees. Management wasn't always consistent, or would occasionally come down too hard on employees, but this was the exception.
Pros
Family atmosphere, laid-back, hard work is quickly noticed, ability to network with corporate workers
Cons
Poor pay, inconsistent goals from management
A job
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach CASeptember 9, 2015
Quiksilver was a wonderful company to work for and I enjoyed my time there. I worked for amazing men and women and learned a lot about assisting high level executives with anything and everything they may need on a day to day basis.
Management was balanced and staff was very understanding.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2015
A typical day at work is managing the staff, building them up on to being strong leaders and having excellent customer service to provide to customers who enter the workplace. The staff was extremely understandable and also very willing to go up and beyond for customers. We dealt with a lot of technical issues on our registers, so that is one con that the company deals with, but overall it was a great experience.
Pros
employee parking
Cons
not enough benefits
Exciting, fast-paced and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 20, 2015
Quiksilver allowed me to develop strong interpersonal skills as one of my duties was to chat with customers and assist them as they needed. I credit the job and the management with much of my professional development; management was very open about how to advance within the company, as well as offering to train me for other job skills. My coworkers were wonderfully supportive, and some of them I maintain friendships with several years after my employment ended. It could be a stressful job from time to time, but that stress had its own reward in terms of large sales and team cohesion.
Pros
Fun, Casual, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Far from home, poor compensation
Fun and young place to work at
SALES PLANNING (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 13, 2015
A typical day involves data crunching, analysis and explaining best practice for reporting and the use of Salesforce.com. The colleagues are friendly and fun to hang out with. It is not unusual to hear skateboards in the hallway, to see surfboards in the office and hear colleagues having a laugh.
Pros
Relaxed environment
air conditioning and employee discount on clothes
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Provo UTAugust 3, 2015
Chill workplace and nice discount on clothes but the factory outlet in Provo is shut down now so you cant get a job there. The manager could be a little testy sometimes but everyone was super chill.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
low pay
Stay Away
Lead Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 15, 2015
This company is not stable and is poorly managed from the top all the way down. Their stock says it all. My co-workers were pretty good, friendly and easy to work with. Management was the issue and the lack of value for there workers.
amazing work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2015
everyday is a new experience with meeting new people and great management team. It is very fast pace so there is always something to do or someone to help, customer service wise.