Quiksilver Employee Reviews

typical but with a twist kinda day
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 5, 2016
you will learn from all other departments, so if your department runs out of work you can still work your 8hrs helping another department.
Pros
the people, and the benefits
Cons
schedules can change minute by minute
Fast pace and super cool. People were amazing and it was like a second family.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLDecember 28, 2016
Folding t shirts is key. Must use the folding board as management would always say. However, I agreed! Clothes must be put away properly( hung/folded ) or the customers wont be interested to buy. That goes for any products or merchandise for that matter! Learned about team work too! Doesn't matter who you work with or where they are from as long as the job gets done everyone gets to go home happy and on time for family occasions. Always be with your team, they are like your second family. Whether you are setting an example or following an example, all must get the job done well.
Fun work environment with some great people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2016
My typical work day consisted of a lot of "shoot or miss". I disliked the management team due to favoritism and false accusations. But, I had truly amazing co-workers. Other Sales Associates who treated me like family and vise versa. The hardest part of my job was disappointing my customers. The most enjoyable part of my day would be that moment we made our sales goal as a team.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, great environment, customers that came back asking for my help specifically
Cons
Management favored certain employees, falsely accused, short breaks
Family Oriented Work Place (Amazing Store)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 26, 2016
A typical day at work is calm but there is ALWAYS something to do. Whether the work be done in the back room or brought from the back room and done in the front.
Management is incredibly kinds and extremely helpful. Any question or concern, they will help you as best they can. I never dealt with any rude or maltreatment from anyone in this store.
Best place you can work in my opinion.
Pros
Awesome Staff
Cons
An exciting and busy workplace with friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa MesaSeptember 30, 2015
Firstly, some of the best friends I have I made after working at Quiksilver. Very committed to seeing you as family and not just a coworker. Excellent morale that transferred to customers which led to greater sales. Compensation wasn't that great, but the workplace was so wonderful that it was worth working there despite the poor pay. The store was close enough to the corporate headquarters so there were plenty of opportunities to get familiar and network with corporate employees. Management wasn't always consistent, or would occasionally come down too hard on employees, but this was the exception.
Pros
Family atmosphere, laid-back, hard work is quickly noticed, ability to network with corporate workers
Cons
Poor pay, inconsistent goals from management
Terrible Management
Sales Operations Coordinator/French (contract) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 12, 2016
This company had a bankruptcy not too long ago and fired 1000 of people and they still do. Terrible management, they do not care.
Felt like a family
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HINovember 19, 2016
Working at Quiksilver was the most enjoyable experience, everyone there was so nice and friendly we would all enjoy working there. The mangers were awesome I would treat us all great, we can all work but also enjoy time there. Nothing better then working with friendly people but their is a time and place which we would always make sure when. The toughest part would honestly be the busy holiday seasons just because their would be loads of people coming in at once.
Fantastic place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 18, 2017
This is by far my favorite job. The management looked out for its employees and cared about their concerns. The only reason I left is because the company filed bankruptcy and closed the store. I was very happy in this job and I wish everyday that I could still be working there.
Quiksilver
Associate, Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 12, 2016
Unfortunately for me, working at Quiksilver came at a time in the company's life when I don't think they cared much about their Outlet stores in Texas (they closed the location I worked at). I never felt like I had an opportunity to advance with Quiksilver. That's not a knock on them, though, there just was not a lot of movement going on there. I always loved the company, though, and I love the brand.
Pros
good environment, awesome coworkers and management
Cons
low pay, not a lot of love from corporate for the outlet stores
Exciting, fast-paced and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 20, 2015
Quiksilver allowed me to develop strong interpersonal skills as one of my duties was to chat with customers and assist them as they needed. I credit the job and the management with much of my professional development; management was very open about how to advance within the company, as well as offering to train me for other job skills. My coworkers were wonderfully supportive, and some of them I maintain friendships with several years after my employment ended. It could be a stressful job from time to time, but that stress had its own reward in terms of large sales and team cohesion.
Pros
Fun, Casual, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Far from home, poor compensation
Cool place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2016
Better than your average retail job, nice environment with cool management. Corporate is awful and the customers are awful. Worst part of the job is dealing with irrational customers, best part are the co-workers and management.
CFL more like QLFL
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2017
Quiksilver is a work experience I wont ever forget. Being able to go to work and leaving everyday with a smile is the best feeling. I have learned so much just by working in a retail store. Knowing what it really means to be apart of such an awesome team that knows how to work well with everyone. My co workers at Quiksilver are what made the experience most memorable.
Pros
Discount
Cons
part time
Highly customer service inclined.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CADecember 19, 2016
Attended to any customers needs whether it be a stock check to finding an item in the store. Had to operate register fast and efficiently to keep up with sales and meet our quota for the day which we held the record for the store $10,010 or so for the day VERY big for being such a small shop!
Pros
Very friendly and fun to work with staff.
Cons
had to reach a new personal best EVERYDAY.
work place had a foosball table
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 2, 2016
the Quiksilver supervisors were nice coworkers are they had a great 401k plan benefits we're good and they worked around my schedule work mondat through friday saturdays if necessary always worked overtime
Pros
good hours
Great place to work during my tenure
Vice President Marketing Quiksilver/Roxy/DC (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 16, 2016
The management, employees and culture were amazing. Management engendered creativity and growth. The employees loved and participated in action sports culture. The day-to-day environment was positive for the most part during my tenure.
The vibe of the place is great!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2016
Everything is awesome about the vibe of the store except that its minimum wage and it take forever for the average person to advance in this job. Corporate got fire happy and laid off a bunch of people and closed stores so it showed less and less security as the years went by.
Pros
Awesome discount, health care
Cons
corporate was money hungry after and before bankrupt
great culture better people
sales associate 3 Times Square (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
quick silver is a company that knows how to hire people and put them together while working there i never had a bad experience with a co-worker or manager everyone there was very much kind and caring work to do was simple as a retail associate u know u come in you clean in the morning and night you greet customers and you make sure you leave a lasting impression on customers.
Pros
good co-worker, great environment.
Cons
no way to move up in the company
Great Place to Work
Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 11, 2015
Sorry I left. They were having some financial trouble, and the job did not seem that stable so I decided to leave. Worst decision I have ever made.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Compensation, Culture
Cons
Stability
Organized and efficient
Graphic Designer / Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 30, 2016
Organized and efficient creative departments / management.
Fun and creative workspace where internal promotion is encouraged.
Great learning experience, positive career growth and networking.
Pros
Great Projects, Free lunches / employee events / discounts / etc.
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 11, 2016
Lots of time on your feet but the co workers are awesome. The job is a step above regular retail when it comes to customer service because Quiksilver likes to create deeper connections with their customers. Overall I had a positive experience working for Quiksilver.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quiksilver. Our community is ready to answer.