Quiksilver Employee Reviews

Great Team
Global Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 29, 2017
As the Global PMO working to bring Quiksilver out of bankruptcy my project was on a tight time line. It was exciting to work together with the the KPMG valuation and advisory teams to implement large scale systems conversions, fresh start accounting, financial reporting and manage the outside audit. I learned how important it is to keep everyone informed timely and educated on the process!
Nice, Lax and chill Enviornment
Stock/Replenishment/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2017
i was only there briefly and the store was shutting down so my experiences may be different. i enjoyed my time there. honestly it was mostly due to my co-workers. i was never bored and no task was all too difficult. i was still able to get everything done while enjoying myself and im not the most gregarious of people.
Pros
free shoes and clothing often
Cons
no benifits or overtime
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 15, 2017
Quiksilver was a very laidback just easy job, no complaints. It was fun to see tourists out of town just invade the store and buy everything. The only main draw back was just some hours and inventory.
Pros
Good Hours, Super flexible.
Cons
Short breaks
No tienen profesionalismo los supervisores ni los manager y los que de recursos humanos no apoyan al empleado
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 10, 2017
Es una empresa que no hay apoyo al empleado,,hay muchos favoritismo,,los supervisores y manager son personas muy groserías con los empleados,, y recursos humanos no sirve de nada porque no investigan bien las cosas y se dejan llevar por chismes
Cons
No hay apoyo para el empleado
fun place
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 7, 2017
this place was fun I love walking around the shows meeting with people and meeting new clients. great management great co-workers it was a around great place to work.
Great place to work.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 6, 2017
Quiksilver was a great place to work the pay matched the work load. The culture was great and there is room for growth potential in lower management areas.
Eddie Went Well
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2017
The Quiksilver/Roxy team is such a great team to be working for. How they run everything is beautiful and really work together with their associates. The benefits are amazing as well with not only clothing options but heads up on surf competitions as well!
fun workplace
Stocker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 19, 2017
great place to work minus the politics and lack of management.Great discount on clothing and great coworkers are a plus.Great benefits,overtime and room to move up.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Work like a slave get pay like a slave
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 7, 2017
You work hard and reach their daily money goals but you only get if any 20 cent raise a year. I got a $1.00 raise in 7 years. Not worth it. Don't waste your years at this place. They went bankrupt and started cutting off hours then they lay off more than half the people. They came back through a 3 PL then they came back as themselves but kept it quiet because they are being sued by a lot of workers and debtors and now rent half the building because they can't afford it. No future, no way to go up since all the managers have known each other for over 30 years.
Pros
might get every other friday off
Cons
every other friday off-no pay
Fun and family oriented
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2017
Was a great place to work with great people to work with. Always busy and something to do. Revolved around the boarding culture, mainly surfing. Also you get to meet people shopping from all around the world.
Pros
Great benifits and awesome managers
Cons
Dealing with rude customers from time to time
Laid back vibes
Assistant Store Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 14, 2017
Sadly, I no longer work here because the company closed my location. It was a fun and laid back job and had good vibes. Management has had a lot of change and a lot of downsizing and restructuring. They let a lot of people go.
Productive/Challenging/Rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJApril 4, 2017
Working for Quiksilver has been one of the best decisions I've ever made and I wish I made it sooner. What I thought would just be a typical part time job turned into me learning so much more than expected. Not only did I learn more about Quiksilver in general, I also learned so much in depth information about product knowledge that helped me generate more sales than I thought possible and made me fall in love with the products even more. I didn't just gain retail/work experience, I also gained lifelong customer service skills, I gained business marketing techniques and most importantly I gained a second family, coworkers who became some of my closest friends and memories that will last forever.
Pros
Employee discounts, flexible scheduling, fun atmosphere
Cons
You'll spend your whole paycheck at work
Fun place and challenging at times
Systems Administrator/Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 31, 2017
Company is a fun company to work for when times were good. During hard times, lay offs occurred and the morale of the employees was down but overall still a great company to work for.
Excellent training
FULL TIME ASSISTIANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2017
Quiksilver was a great company to get an introduction to Management. Everyone from the store to the regional management teams were extremely supportive and fair with their training and employee development
Pros
great culture
Cons
not alot of room for advancement
Chaotic workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
When i was hired at Quiksilver there wasn't any official training and I had to look to other associates for guidance to understand the dynamic of the store. There wasn't very strong leadership skills and management had trouble communicating with each other.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks
if you like driving this is a job for you
Courier (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNMarch 8, 2017
long hours on the road not knowing where your going to be next.
I enjoy time to myself with this job I had a lot of time to think.
the balance of work and life balance is hard, hours day to day are very inconsistent.
great company
Lead (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMarch 1, 2017
great company to start.
as well to get further into the company.
great employees as well support.
learned a lot like windows xl wavepull tilt tray packing shipping receiving, pulling
been here for about 5years
Productive and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for Quick silver it gave me more experience with retail that i greatly appreciated. Management was a little tough but they have to be when running a team.
Fun Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 9, 2017
The environment is great, the people are great, and the products are the best! I loved everything about my time there except for the pay and terrible benefits.
fun workplace
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Customer service and sales

has helped me tremendously with multitasking

weaker management

fun culture

no difficulties

fun

fun place to work, really only stayed because i was in school
Pros
fun
Cons
weak management