Quiksilver Employee Reviews

An exciting and busy workplace with friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa MesaSeptember 30, 2015
Firstly, some of the best friends I have I made after working at Quiksilver. Very committed to seeing you as family and not just a coworker. Excellent morale that transferred to customers which led to greater sales. Compensation wasn't that great, but the workplace was so wonderful that it was worth working there despite the poor pay. The store was close enough to the corporate headquarters so there were plenty of opportunities to get familiar and network with corporate employees. Management wasn't always consistent, or would occasionally come down too hard on employees, but this was the exception.
Pros
Family atmosphere, laid-back, hard work is quickly noticed, ability to network with corporate workers
Cons
Poor pay, inconsistent goals from management
work place had a foosball table
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 2, 2016
the Quiksilver supervisors were nice coworkers are they had a great 401k plan benefits we're good and they worked around my schedule work mondat through friday saturdays if necessary always worked overtime
Pros
good hours
Exciting, fast-paced and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 20, 2015
Quiksilver allowed me to develop strong interpersonal skills as one of my duties was to chat with customers and assist them as they needed. I credit the job and the management with much of my professional development; management was very open about how to advance within the company, as well as offering to train me for other job skills. My coworkers were wonderfully supportive, and some of them I maintain friendships with several years after my employment ended. It could be a stressful job from time to time, but that stress had its own reward in terms of large sales and team cohesion.
Pros
Fun, Casual, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Far from home, poor compensation
Great Place to Work
Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 11, 2015
Sorry I left. They were having some financial trouble, and the job did not seem that stable so I decided to leave. Worst decision I have ever made.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Compensation, Culture
Cons
Stability
Quiksilver
Associate, Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 12, 2016
Unfortunately for me, working at Quiksilver came at a time in the company's life when I don't think they cared much about their Outlet stores in Texas (they closed the location I worked at). I never felt like I had an opportunity to advance with Quiksilver. That's not a knock on them, though, there just was not a lot of movement going on there. I always loved the company, though, and I love the brand.
Pros
good environment, awesome coworkers and management
Cons
low pay, not a lot of love from corporate for the outlet stores
great culture better people
sales associate 3 Times Square (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
quick silver is a company that knows how to hire people and put them together while working there i never had a bad experience with a co-worker or manager everyone there was very much kind and caring work to do was simple as a retail associate u know u come in you clean in the morning and night you greet customers and you make sure you leave a lasting impression on customers.
Pros
good co-worker, great environment.
Cons
no way to move up in the company
Management was balanced and staff was very understanding.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2015
A typical day at work is managing the staff, building them up on to being strong leaders and having excellent customer service to provide to customers who enter the workplace. The staff was extremely understandable and also very willing to go up and beyond for customers. We dealt with a lot of technical issues on our registers, so that is one con that the company deals with, but overall it was a great experience.
Pros
employee parking
Cons
not enough benefits
Fun & Exciting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 22, 2015
Usual office work, answering phones, scheduling appointments, repair service called. Busy office worked directly to the IT Department Director.
Pros
health insurance and extra benifits
Cons
traffic was bad getting to work
Cool People, Bad Management
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
I only worked there for a few months, but when I started there it was around the end of summer so it was really slow business at the store. It would get so slow that they would send people home early. Management was alright. It was mostly a bunch of people who had no idea what they were doing. My co-workers were great, free spirits, really chill and very funny. The hardest part of that job was the management. The best part of the job was getting to know really great and decent people.
Pros
Great locoation, long break, awseome discount
Cons
Great place to work during my tenure
Vice President Marketing Quiksilver/Roxy/DC (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 16, 2016
The management, employees and culture were amazing. Management engendered creativity and growth. The employees loved and participated in action sports culture. The day-to-day environment was positive for the most part during my tenure.
Productive and Fun work environment!
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
Quiksilver is definitely a fun and desirable place to work at. Like all jobs you have your work cut out to you and being promoted upwards has its limits. Other than that it is an awesome experience even in the retail industry and you will learn skills to take with you where ever you go!
Organized and efficient
Graphic Designer / Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 30, 2016
Organized and efficient creative departments / management.
Fun and creative workspace where internal promotion is encouraged.
Great learning experience, positive career growth and networking.
Pros
Great Projects, Free lunches / employee events / discounts / etc.
typical but with a twist kinda day
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 5, 2016
you will learn from all other departments, so if your department runs out of work you can still work your 8hrs helping another department.
Pros
the people, and the benefits
Cons
schedules can change minute by minute
Great learning experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Quiksilver allows you to grow and improve your abilities. You learn exceptional customer service, how to work with a team, opportunities merchandising the product, etc.. Your communication skills will improve, as well as, time management and balancing tasks and services. Co-workers are extremely friendly and reliable. You meet great people from all over the world, and others who are very loyal to our store.
Quiksilve
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
Awesome company to work for, Was able to establish myself as a manager and lead a team of employees. The culture was awesome and the employees were fun. the Ohana that we created was the best part of each one of my days.
Great company culture, but needs more improvement in organization and communication amongst departments
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 16, 2013
A typical day at work includes various projects to support our department - everyday is something different. I mostly provide assistant and support to the Senior Vice President. I've learned a lot about the product development processes and the business of supply chain and sourcing. Management is good - supportive and nurturing. Hardest part of the job isprioritzing and time management. Also, dealing with the stresses of the job is not easy. There is something new to learn everyday so the anxiety of having to take on new projects is sometimes difficult to manage. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have a flexible work life - everyone is pretty laid back. The dress code is casual and we get great benefits and vacation time.
Pros
vacation time, good work life balance, merchandise discount
Cons
job is stressful, raises are hard to come by
Terrible Management
Sales Operations Coordinator/French (contract) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 12, 2016
This company had a bankruptcy not too long ago and fired 1000 of people and they still do. Terrible management, they do not care.
Not so good of a place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2016
i learned a lot about this company,i learned a lot from the old managers that actually cared for the company. with new managers coming the company has ruined their reputation on having the best customer service
Pros
Cons
no hours
Fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2016
Very laid back atmosphere with great management and co-workers. On good days it hardly felt like a job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with generally horrible customers.
Culture and work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 24, 2016
Great work environment and approachable superiors
-staff is like a family and is a really respectful and helpful environment