Quiksilver Employee Reviews

Family Oriented Work Place (Amazing Store)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 26, 2016
A typical day at work is calm but there is ALWAYS something to do. Whether the work be done in the back room or brought from the back room and done in the front.
Management is incredibly kinds and extremely helpful. Any question or concern, they will help you as best they can. I never dealt with any rude or maltreatment from anyone in this store.
Best place you can work in my opinion.
Pros
Awesome Staff
Felt like a family
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HINovember 19, 2016
Working at Quiksilver was the most enjoyable experience, everyone there was so nice and friendly we would all enjoy working there. The mangers were awesome I would treat us all great, we can all work but also enjoy time there. Nothing better then working with friendly people but their is a time and place which we would always make sure when. The toughest part would honestly be the busy holiday seasons just because their would be loads of people coming in at once.
Un ambiente de trabajo muy bueno y respetuoso con los compañeros
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 25, 2016
Se trabaja con mucha seguridad y la comunicacion que se tiene es excelente con los supervisores
Fun work environment with some great people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2016
My typical work day consisted of a lot of "shoot or miss". I disliked the management team due to favoritism and false accusations. But, I had truly amazing co-workers. Other Sales Associates who treated me like family and vise versa. The hardest part of my job was disappointing my customers. The most enjoyable part of my day would be that moment we made our sales goal as a team.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, great environment, customers that came back asking for my help specifically
Cons
Management favored certain employees, falsely accused, short breaks
The vibe of the place is great!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2016
Everything is awesome about the vibe of the store except that its minimum wage and it take forever for the average person to advance in this job. Corporate got fire happy and laid off a bunch of people and closed stores so it showed less and less security as the years went by.
Pros
Awesome discount, health care
Cons
corporate was money hungry after and before bankrupt
Terrible Management
Sales Operations Coordinator/French (contract) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 12, 2016
This company had a bankruptcy not too long ago and fired 1000 of people and they still do. Terrible management, they do not care.
great culture better people
sales associate 3 Times Square (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
quick silver is a company that knows how to hire people and put them together while working there i never had a bad experience with a co-worker or manager everyone there was very much kind and caring work to do was simple as a retail associate u know u come in you clean in the morning and night you greet customers and you make sure you leave a lasting impression on customers.
Pros
good co-worker, great environment.
Cons
no way to move up in the company
Great place to work during my tenure
Vice President Marketing Quiksilver/Roxy/DC (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 16, 2016
The management, employees and culture were amazing. Management engendered creativity and growth. The employees loved and participated in action sports culture. The day-to-day environment was positive for the most part during my tenure.
Quiksilve
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
Awesome company to work for, Was able to establish myself as a manager and lead a team of employees. The culture was awesome and the employees were fun. the Ohana that we created was the best part of each one of my days.
Quiksilver
Associate, Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 12, 2016
Unfortunately for me, working at Quiksilver came at a time in the company's life when I don't think they cared much about their Outlet stores in Texas (they closed the location I worked at). I never felt like I had an opportunity to advance with Quiksilver. That's not a knock on them, though, there just was not a lot of movement going on there. I always loved the company, though, and I love the brand.
Pros
good environment, awesome coworkers and management
Cons
low pay, not a lot of love from corporate for the outlet stores
typical but with a twist kinda day
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 5, 2016
you will learn from all other departments, so if your department runs out of work you can still work your 8hrs helping another department.
Pros
the people, and the benefits
Cons
schedules can change minute by minute
Culture and work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 24, 2016
Great work environment and approachable superiors
-staff is like a family and is a really respectful and helpful environment
Not so good of a place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2016
i learned a lot about this company,i learned a lot from the old managers that actually cared for the company. with new managers coming the company has ruined their reputation on having the best customer service
Pros
Cons
no hours
Productive and Fun work environment!
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
Quiksilver is definitely a fun and desirable place to work at. Like all jobs you have your work cut out to you and being promoted upwards has its limits. Other than that it is an awesome experience even in the retail industry and you will learn skills to take with you where ever you go!
Organized and efficient
Graphic Designer / Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 30, 2016
Organized and efficient creative departments / management.
Fun and creative workspace where internal promotion is encouraged.
Great learning experience, positive career growth and networking.
Pros
Great Projects, Free lunches / employee events / discounts / etc.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 8, 2016
All of the employees were amazing to work with and working with so many tourists and foreigners really helped me gain communication skills and sales experience.
Fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2016
Very laid back atmosphere with great management and co-workers. On good days it hardly felt like a job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with generally horrible customers.
Good company
US Marketplace Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 23, 2016
Great brands, smart people and fun atmosphere to be part of. The most frustrating thing about the company is that it takes forever to get people to do things. There are many channels you must go through before an action is taken. More autonomy needs to be given to the mgmt team.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
This is a Great place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly, full of energy and love. Lunch is one hour which is great and closing the store is the best part of the day
Great learning experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Quiksilver allows you to grow and improve your abilities. You learn exceptional customer service, how to work with a team, opportunities merchandising the product, etc.. Your communication skills will improve, as well as, time management and balancing tasks and services. Co-workers are extremely friendly and reliable. You meet great people from all over the world, and others who are very loyal to our store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quiksilver. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval