Quiksilver Employee Reviews in United States

An exciting and busy workplace with friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa MesaSeptember 30, 2015
Firstly, some of the best friends I have I made after working at Quiksilver. Very committed to seeing you as family and not just a coworker. Excellent morale that transferred to customers which led to greater sales. Compensation wasn't that great, but the workplace was so wonderful that it was worth working there despite the poor pay. The store was close enough to the corporate headquarters so there were plenty of opportunities to get familiar and network with corporate employees. Management wasn't always consistent, or would occasionally come down too hard on employees, but this was the exception.
Pros
Family atmosphere, laid-back, hard work is quickly noticed, ability to network with corporate workers
Cons
Poor pay, inconsistent goals from management
A job
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach CASeptember 9, 2015
Quiksilver was a wonderful company to work for and I enjoyed my time there. I worked for amazing men and women and learned a lot about assisting high level executives with anything and everything they may need on a day to day basis.
Management was balanced and staff was very understanding.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2015
A typical day at work is managing the staff, building them up on to being strong leaders and having excellent customer service to provide to customers who enter the workplace. The staff was extremely understandable and also very willing to go up and beyond for customers. We dealt with a lot of technical issues on our registers, so that is one con that the company deals with, but overall it was a great experience.
Pros
employee parking
Cons
not enough benefits
Exciting, fast-paced and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 20, 2015
Quiksilver allowed me to develop strong interpersonal skills as one of my duties was to chat with customers and assist them as they needed. I credit the job and the management with much of my professional development; management was very open about how to advance within the company, as well as offering to train me for other job skills. My coworkers were wonderfully supportive, and some of them I maintain friendships with several years after my employment ended. It could be a stressful job from time to time, but that stress had its own reward in terms of large sales and team cohesion.
Pros
Fun, Casual, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Far from home, poor compensation
Fun and young place to work at
SALES PLANNING (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 13, 2015
A typical day involves data crunching, analysis and explaining best practice for reporting and the use of Salesforce.com. The colleagues are friendly and fun to hang out with. It is not unusual to hear skateboards in the hallway, to see surfboards in the office and hear colleagues having a laugh.
Pros
Relaxed environment
air conditioning and employee discount on clothes
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Provo UTAugust 3, 2015
Chill workplace and nice discount on clothes but the factory outlet in Provo is shut down now so you cant get a job there. The manager could be a little testy sometimes but everyone was super chill.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
low pay
Stay Away
Lead Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 15, 2015
This company is not stable and is poorly managed from the top all the way down. Their stock says it all. My co-workers were pretty good, friendly and easy to work with. Management was the issue and the lack of value for there workers.
amazing work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2015
everyday is a new experience with meeting new people and great management team. It is very fast pace so there is always something to do or someone to help, customer service wise.
no longer as good as it used to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount WaverleyJune 18, 2015
the cafe used to be a powerhouse until new management took over. The business is run by managers who have no drive for the business to do better than what it is - sleepy.
Fun workplace with Skater/ Surfer Vibe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Working at Quiksilver was an amazing experience for me. As my first ever experience in the work field, my main job as a retail associate was to assist customers in there shopping experience with us. In my downtime, when I wasn't helping customers I was constantly restocking the sales floor, and making sure the my given area was neat and clean. All of my co-workers where excellent people, some just starting their retail careers just like myself. the best part of my Job was helping people with the Skateboard section, which at the time I was quite passionate about. The most difficult part of my job was upselling products that were overstocked in the store.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, Employee Discounts
Cons
Bi-Weekly pay, no promotions
nice job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CAApril 15, 2015
this job is very tedious and can take a toll on you. You will always get your 40 hours and job culture is okay. The people there are friendly to a degree.
Laid back environment and great co-workers
Production Artist / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 31, 2015
A typical work day consisted of me assessing my work load to determine which assignments were top priority then working the rest of the day to complete those projects. There was very little micromanage so I learned how to work autonomously to make sure that I stay on top of my work load. My immediate supervisors were always very helpful and available but upper-management seemed to be disjointed and segregated form the rest of the company. I had a great time with all of my co-workers and the culture encouraged us to interact and support one another. Hardest part of the job was the confusion and lack of transparency from upper-management which resulted lots of extra work and nearly impossible deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job were all the great people I got to work with on a daily basis and the fact that I was entrusted with the task of managing my own work load.
Pros
Casual Work environment, Fun Staff Events, Discounts on Cloths and Merchandise
Cons
Limited Opportunities to Advance, Poor Upper Management, Lack of Job Security, No Transparency
Fast pace environment with flexibility to learn multiple operations throughout the store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 26, 2015
I was able to learn efficient ways to manage time with customers and sharing product knowledge. This was the first real corporate company I worked for and it opened my eyes as to how things really work behind the scenes. My co-workers have been the most enjoyable part of the job; we are like one big happy family.
not sure
Medical Courier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
just picking up specimen and delivery to location on a time frame sometime long and sometime short the days are different dispatcher are not always in a good mood company is alright to work for if you are retired
Pros
meet a group of very nice people
Cons
no breaks
work at Quiksilver
E-Commerce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 8, 2015
It is a clean and organized environment, with a structure (snack bar and gym) that support the employee well being.

A typical day will start around 8:30-9pm and go until 5pm. The routine in the office is frequently populated by meetings, research, talk to your contacts (partners and customers) and negotiate with them. Update your controls and report back to manager/director. In paralel, you are constantly thinking on ways to make the process more efficient, and that kind of pro-active thinking is something encouraged there.
Productive workplace
Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Supervised employees from start to finish in unloading and system scanning of daily freight in a timely and effective manner.
The BEST work experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Okay, so I absolutely LOVED working for Quiksilver. Everyone there was great including management, we had great event parties for our store, contests for selling product, just an overall GREAT work experience
Pros
the discounts, management, environment
Active location and insightful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  3 Times Square New York, NY 10036January 12, 2015
During, the summer in which I worked, it was a bit stressful since I was attending school and working. At a location like this one, it became a lot of customers to deal with at once. Especially since most were foreigners it was harder to communicate with them,but I made sure they left with everything they were looking for. There wasn't really any hard part to the job and I just enjoyed being able to meet different people from different worlds.
productive and fun to work big screen tv
Ptc Puller (Former Employee) –  mira loma,CA.December 22, 2014
check with supervisor and see what is listed for today.After that you go on your day
great place to work at, fun and a place to learn a great deal
Operations Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  Huntington BeachDecember 10, 2014
I ran the help desk, managed all tickets coming into the IT department, also help run month end, year end processes.Support warehouse with RF guns printers and desk top support. Created documentation for all daily, monthly, quarterly processes,
Pros
fun very busy environment, place to learn allot must be able to work on your own.
Cons
was always short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quiksilver. Our community is ready to answer.