QuikTrip Employee Reviews

Fast work pace very organized and well thought out in all areas
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 27, 2016
Honestly one of the best entry level jobs I have worked for. Yes it is very hard learning everything but there is a policy and procedure for everything. They have constant training and routine meeting to ensure overall effectiveness of the company.

When first hired I did not expect how exceedingly well this company was. Training is excellent and very interactive. This job pushes you to better your mental and physical health by teaching you about the company. The hard worker gets rewarded.
Pros
Weekly pay, bonuses, benefits, advancement very organized and well established
Cons
it is hard work
Fast-paced job with great co-workers.
Part-time Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 23, 2016
This job is based off of quick speed and multitasking. Most of the jobs and tasks can be easily done and with little to no help. Customers are sweet, appreciative, and always praise you. No benefits for part-time clerks, but QT provides you with numerous days off (unpaid). They work very well with your availability, especially if you're in school. Bonuses are abundant and raises are also. You get free fountain/frozen/coffee drinks while on the clock. Most managers are very laid back and let you manage your own time.
Pros
Fast-paced, great people to work for/with, free drinks.
Cons
No food breaks.
Overall a great company
store manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 25, 2016
I worked with the Quik Trip Corporation for 14 years, it was my second place of employment, and I learned alot from them. As with any company, there are some unfavorable co-workers, however, within the 14 years of service with Quik Trip, the good and helpful out number the negative. The work days can be very busy, with good planning and the right store team members, the days go very well. I learned a lot from most of my area supervisors, all though my last supervisor was no where near the right person for that position. The hardest part of the job is ultimately negative co workers, as they often directly impact customer services, inventory, and overall store team moral. The most enjoyable part of the job was always helping people in the community, often in the very simple was, but at times, going the extra mile was in order. To help my neighbors has always brought me great joy, working with Quik Trip is the dream job to do so.
Pros
Pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Negative co workers.
Productive laid back work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Typical day work consisted of getting the daily assignments for the store and shift completed. Learned how to manage employees as a team to get tasks done. Also learned how to run gas comps, write store orders, and do cash and lotto audits. The group of people that I worked with were amazing and made life long friends in the process of working there. Hardest part of the job was working the inconsistent Relief Assistant Manager schedule. The most enjoyable part was working with a fun team of people and customer interaction.
Pros
People, pay, benefits
Cons
Assistant Manager schedule
Good place to work while in school, but also allows to make career move if desired.
Part-Time Clerk (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 13, 2015
A typical day includes mainly of complying to customers and their needs and maintaining good store appearance. A few skills that I've learned are better time management as far as getting tasks done between keeping the store clear, and the other skill is the ability to adapt to the pace of the store. Overall, the management was pretty good, but of course not everybody. The co-workers were ok to work with as long as they actually did work, but a lot of them liked to talk more than they liked to work. This job is not hard unless people make it hard. I don't really feel challenged anymore although this job is physically demanding. The main thing about this job is that I do get to move around a lot and the fact that I'm not confined or cooped up all day.
Pros
Good pay/benefits for part time, opportunity to advance, tuition reimbursement
Cons
No breaks, have to stand/move around for entire shift
Great job where everyone can be successful.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 24, 2016
Great job that promotes within and gives everyone the equal opportunity to get promotions. Allows for flexible schedules, provides great bonuses and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, and promotion opportunities
Cons
It's a upbeat fast past work enviroment
cashier customer service (Current Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSJanuary 10, 2016
A typical workday at quiktrip is mostly taking care of the D.A.W. list of thing that needed to be done be for the end of your shift. The most important thing I learned from this job is to never let anything get under your skin because thats what they want is for you to get mad but just smile an do your job. The one thing is if you do plan on working here everyday your gonna have at least one person call in so you have ubers. The best thing about this job is the money an benefits.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
Gas station
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 6, 2016
Busy off and on. But you always have something to do. You got to be fast. I stock the coolers, work on the floor and pick up the store and stock cups and such. I also work cash register. The co workers are nice. The managers are cool and will help you with any problem you may have.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
no breaks
Great part-time job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2016
Working at QuikTrip was a great experience for me. I was looking for part-time work and was very pleased with the work environment. Management was very flexible with my other work schedule, but unfortunately, it became to difficult to keep up with both jobs and I had to part ways with QuikTrip.
Pros
Great pay/benefits, flexible scheduling, great business model/structure
Cons
Strict facial hair rules
Fun, fast paced environment
Part Time Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 15, 2016
Very fast paced work environment where you are cleaning up after customers and performing duties throughout your shift in order to keep the store clean and welcoming for the customers.
Pros
free drinks, free food, excellent health benefits, fun people
Cons
No breaks, sometimes not enough help
Its something different everyday
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 26, 2015
I started with Quiktrip at the age of 18 currently I am 25 I have had 4 promotions in 6 years time and currently in a position to have my own store. Quiktrip trains and develops there employees to be able to promote within. While working I went to school full time for supply chain management, and I can truly say that Quiktrip business practices are verbatim to the classes I took. This company has created a great foundation for the workers and the clientele for years to come.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks and always standing on your feet
Fun work environment, a lot of fun and interesting customers.
Assistant Manager/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2016
Everyday was usually very busy. I would have to do tasks anywhere from making foo in the kitchen, handling money as a cahier, or cleaning an entire store. Very fast paced. Usually very cool people to work with. Definitely cannot be lazy here!
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No breaks, Non flexible schedules for fulltime.
Difficult schedules, and hard work, but friendly employees and great benefits.
Night Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 6, 2015
I made lots of friends with Quiktrip, but my schedule would change from week to week, or month to month. It was hard to get a decent sleep schedule working, and I was always tired. There was never time to make plans with family or friends. The benefits were amazing. 401k, Dental, Health and Life insurance at a young age and monthly bonuses for assistants. A typical day at work is similar to that of a custodian, always cleaning and never being satisfied. I never could find a time where there wasn't something I could do.
Pros
good pay, great benefits.
Cons
short breaks (if any), no discounts, difficult scheduling
Great job.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2016
a nice relaxing job that will improve your people skills. Not hard. For people looking for a great company with great benefits.
fast paced, hard work, unreliable hours
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 9, 2015
You are constantly on the move from the time you clock in to the time you clock out. the work you do each day is called the "daw" which is a list of 70-120 tasks for you to do that vary from 5 minutes to hour long tasks. management is very negative and thankless.
Pros
promotes from within, higher wage than competitors, and good benefits
Cons
thankless management, no breaks, constantly changing schedule.
Great company thats not a job but a culture.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 12, 2015
Quktrip is a wonderful company that has a CEO that is the best I have ever heard of. He genuinely cares about each and every one of his employees and is not stuck up in any way. Quiktrip pays their employees very well and provides top insurance for employees as well as 401k and profit sharing. They give you shares whether you want it or not. The employees own about 16% of the company.
Pros
Fast paced, fun, great fuel prices, guaranteed products and gasoline, great pay, benefits, time off.
Cons
no actual breaks where you get to clock out and rest, on feet all day, not all management is on the same page.
Breakneck pace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KansasSeptember 7, 2015
Let me start by saying that, compared to most entry level retail and foodservice positions, the pay is quite good. $9 an hour with limited healthcare benefits.

In addition, the work itself is not awful, and the management tends to be about as good as can be expected from a chain retailer.

However, and this is a big however, QuikTrip does not offer employees any breaks throughout the day, including for lunch. You will be on your feet for your entire shift, often up to 10 hours a day. Hours are rarely consistent, with 2nd shift nights followed by 1st shift days.

At best, you can hope to scarf down a piece of pizza while running the dishwasher or something, but often there's little to no opportunity to eat at any point during the day.
Pros
Relatively okay starting pay, opportunity for health benefits
Cons
No breaks, high-stress
Great job
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 5, 2016
QT is always very busy and you learn to multi-task, be patient and courteous under sometimes extremely busy times. Management is very strong and co-workers are team players.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful and working weekends.
Productive and fun work place, with a lot of incentives.
NIGHT ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 16, 2015
Very busy in a good way, many hours and lots of things to do. your never just sitting there watching the clock tick by. The company picnics were lots of fun they go all out, as well as company meetings. Managers truly care about you, if your having a bad day, don't like what your doing, or don't like someone that you work with, they will find away to make you happy. Whether its coming in early so you can leave early, recommending you for a different job within the company or transferring you to another location, the company is an employee friendly company.
Pros
Convienent locations, great pay, excellent benefits, overtime guaranteed, fun place to work
Cons
hours sometimes crazy
High volume, productive work environment rich with opportunity.
Relief Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2016
High-stress, responsibility and productivity throughout work day. My co-workers generally display inspiring morals and attitude. I have learned many leadership and team working skills in my time with QuikTrip such as time management, the importance of punctuality, honesty, compliance and multitasking, how to accurately assess ill situations and ultimately reach customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the work day is not the work day at all but the schedule itself, balancing my days off and on to maintain self happiness. However the work day is most enjoyable when I can properly succeed through others and expand my work ethic to guide them.
Pros
Support branched throughout work food chain
Cons
Communication, scheduling, shift-shift requirements met by fellow assistant managers

4.3