QUINCY COMPRESSOR

QUINCY COMPRESSOR Employee Reviews

Quincy Compressor
CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALOctober 13, 2016
Everyone is friendly and helpful. The programs are fairly easy to learn and utilize, The location is great for people to access the city whenever needed.
Pretty laid back place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALMarch 21, 2016
The people and management is friendly. Think some aspects could be improved on. Understanding of family emergencies. Break room is legit.
Pros
They pay well. The people are friendly. Wal-Mart right across the street.
Cons
There is obscene language daily.
They build compressors
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALNovember 8, 2015
I typical day is busy, busy, busy.... All the managers and supervisors ran around all day, along with myself making sure that all the lines have what they needed. I made sure they had all the right parts they needed to have the compressors/orders ready to ship out by the deadline.
Pros
I love my supervisor, she was very straight forward & we had an hour lunch & it was just laid back.
Cons
Everyone blaming each other when the parts arent ordered in time to get the compressors out.
Excellent Place To Work
Parts Specialist/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALNovember 6, 2015
I was with Quincy Compressor for almost 5 years. They are completely employee based and they take excellent care of their employees. I left due to medical reasons and relocated otherwise I would have definitely retired as a Quincy employee. Love the people and management there!
Pros
Excellent benefits, great morale, incentives
Cons
Some complacent employees, just like any other job
Document Management (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALOctober 20, 2015
My supervisor was a real gem who fought for my job and enabled me to hang onto it as long as possible considering the dire financial climate. The job itself was fulfilling. My coworkers were friendly and supportive.
worked own work scedule
ELECTRONIC SPECIALIST/MAINTENANCE ELECTRICAN (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 8, 2015
was a great place to work. Plant closed and moved to use part time help. The people you worked with was knowledgeable and hard working. keep production at 24% profit even knowing we where closing. Very proud working people, quality was utmost important.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
no management support
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, IllinoisAugust 17, 2015
I worked here for 18 years met a lot of good friends, loved the work and the people I worked with we was all like family. I worked 10 hours a day, I worked in the shipping department. My day started out busy and ended very busy getting all the shipments out on a timely basis. I learned you have to treat each customer at they are the most important person at that time to have a Great business.
We had a great Management Team always willing to work with us thru anything. I really enjoyed learning new procedures to make the job more productive and being able to have an input on how the procedures changed.
Pros
Great Company to work for was treated like family
Cons
Losing my Job it was an awesome place to work
Busy work environment but enjoyed it.
Customer Care Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at work included taking several phone calls. I quoted Climate Control compressors including special options, and Industrial and Air Master compressors with standard options. I would edit orders which included confirm pricing, lead time, freight, model configuration, customer number, etc. I also was responsible for entering standard and special compressor orders for Climate Control accounts.
I was also responsible for scanning and indexing purchase orders and supporting correspondence so we were able to maintain an electronic system.
Coordinate freight damage returns, issue RMAs, enter freight damage orders, and file freight claims.
Created documents/presentations using Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Kept track of the Order Entry Department’s vacation schedules.
I got along really well with my co-workers. They respected me and understood my contributions to the organization. One of them referred to me as the "glue" of the department.
There were a lot of different job duties so the hard part was getting all the work completed. I was able to know which duties were to be prioritized.
There were several aspects of the job that were enjoyable. I got to build a rapport with the customers who called in and also with fellow employees. I liked being able to do a variety of work.
Pros
Cafeteria on the premises.
Cons
Didn't get raises when the minimum starting wage increased for the job, therefore, always making a lower salary than new employees.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 3, 2015
Good team efforts to see that the daily job is completed with a keen focus on the needs for future development. Help was available when needed and when you got stuck with an issue.
Pros
Good work teams
Cons
poor communication internally
Great Quincy Based Manufacturer
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 12, 2015
Great company to work for. Management helped employees to learn the job, grow and expand their capabilities. Pay and benefits were excellent
Pros
Great pay and benefits, management provided great support
Cons
Company moving from Quincy IL for AL
Great environment to work in
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77075February 3, 2015
This has been a wonderful learning experience for me. Accounts Receivable is what I love to do. Worked well with others, we help each other out
good company to work for. Fast paced
Parts Researcher-Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAOctober 16, 2014
Quincy is a good company to work for. Benefits are great. The people are a good bunch of people to work for.
Pros
work 8-5 weekend and holidays off
Cons
Always getting called back from your breaks and lunches
Professional work environment with highly skilled personnel.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALFebruary 23, 2014
Great company for advancement and good compensation with very good medical benefits.
Pros
Stable company with consistent growth.
Cons
Not very good in wokr/life balance.
Chaos
Value Stream Planner (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALFebruary 6, 2013
This compuny does not give clear direction or correct accurate information.
Cons
bad management
found an appreciation and respect as a woman in a male dominant profession
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALDecember 8, 2012
worked long hours with a very supportive group of engineers and drafters. found an appreciation and respect as a woman in a male dominant profession.
I really liked working at Quincy Compressor
Exec. Sec. to the President and VP Sales & Mktg (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 18, 2012
The Company is a great place to work. It had great benefits and good people.
Pros
great pay, benefits and good people
QT Compressor Assembler/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 19, 2012
Quincy Compressor is a good place to work. Lots of overtime so the pay is good. The people are great to work with -- lots of fun. Bosses try to buy lunch when we work mandatory overtime.
Pros
pay and work not too difficult
Cons
expense of union
great place to work.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  bayminette,alJanuary 19, 2012
great benefits, great work enviroment, helpful and great experineces

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUINCY COMPRESSOR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2