Quincy Medical Center

Quincy Medical Center Employer Reviews

I am only writing this because it is required
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 23, 2014
I do not wish to provide a review. I enjoyed my time at QMC and only left because the hospital is closing.
Amazing multidisciplinary team working together to accomplish patient goals
COTA/L (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 22, 2014
I have loved working at Quincy Medical Center on the 22-bed inpatient Geropsych unit for the past year and a half. Our treatment team was amazing, our workers were caring and empathetic and our beds were always full. It is unfortunate that Quincy Medical Center will be closing on December 31st. I hope to find another facility like this one some day. – more... Please review my resume. I am positive, easy to get along with, optimistic, resilient and I love a challenge. – less
Registered Nurse-Telemetry/Medical/ Surgical
Registered Nurse- Telemetry/medical/surgical (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 12, 2014
Telemetry Registered Nurse
Great Nurses
Supportive Staff
health benefits
Love this place, so sad we are closing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 10, 2014
Love, Love my job but Steward is closing Quincy Medical Center. I work part time, day shift, two twelve hours shifts.
Too Bad
Lab Tech (Former Employee), QuincyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: everyting
Cons: management
They are closing their doors in 56 days. Feel bad for those who have worked their so long. Why do companys always lay off around holidays?
great place to work
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Quincy, MANovember 4, 2014
Pros: good work environment
stuffs are friendly and supportive. Management is okay, I had a great manager which made job/life balance easier specialty when I was going to nursing school.
Mismanaged
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Quincy, MAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: teaching opportunites
Cons: too many 'bosses'
A typical work day included receiving and processing patient specimens. The work was fun and exciting. It was very fast-paced and there were always opportunities to help out in other departments.

The main thing I learned about management here is not to play favorites. It is better to be fair to all employees regardless of their tenure. Honesty is another – more... important lesson learned. Instead of hiding expired reagents or trying to deceive inspectors, it is best to be upfront and honest, make the necessary corrections and move forward.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy co-workers. There was always an instigator and those who spread rumors or personal matters around the lab. No one could be trusted. It was sad because I like a lot of my co-workers though I knew they would take me down in a heartbeat to save themselves.

The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the clinical students. Seeing their enthusiasm and allowing them to learn by actually doing the tests themselves rather than watching me, was most rewarding. – less
Quincy Medical Center is a great place to work
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), 114 Whitwell StreetNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great customer service.
Cons: stewart healthcare
I worked at Quincy Medical Center for 12 years and 6 months and I think It is a great place to work. The employers are very good to patients where that special warm and friendly welcome is always there. I learn to appreciate QMC now that I no longer work there and hope that business will start turning around for them. Again great place to work and hoping – more... to go back there to work. – less
Busy work environment but enjoyable and friendly environment.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Quincy, MAApril 29, 2013
A typical day of transport would require that I transport patients by wheel chair or stretcher to their medical exams, floor change, surgery, admits or discharge. I would assist the technologists with the required procedures. I have gained a wide variety of knowledge pertaining to medical exams, medical terminology and patient care. All of my co-workers – more... are friendly and easy to work with. Management is understanding and works around my schedule. – less
Great Time
Nursing Tech/ ED Tech (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 20, 2013
This is where I learned my true official skills. Nurse tech learned and performed ekg's, blood draw, and more.
busy work inviroment
X-ray Technologist (Former Employee), quincy, massJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: good bebefits
a good and busy place to work
oppertunitis to earn extra money by taking call
Good Hospital, but now under new management.
Parking and Transportation Officer (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 8, 2013
While working at QMC I had a really good time. I would drive the shuttle buses to and from the hospital to pick up and drop off patients at the train station. We kept logs daily of how many people we picked up. Best thing about this job was that the patients were usually really nice and sweet. Worst part was actually the vans we had to drive. They were – more... ancient. – less
Nutrition Department
Dietetic Assistant (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 7, 2013
Typical hospital setting with rotating shifts.
No room for advancement.
I reviewed the summary
Nursing Technition, (Former Employee), Quincy, MASeptember 2, 2012
My typical night starts at 8pm. to 8am.It begins by making rounds going from patient to patient checking to see if they need anything or if they have to be repositioned.As the night progresses we have to record their In Puts,and Out Puts and report patient care,and make necessary changes to the patients,and answer call bells.
In the am we also change – more... and reposition the patients,record their Is and Os,and again their record their care on the computer.Before this is done we draw all the patients bloods.and perform the E.K.Gs that have to be done.If a patient passes away we have to wrap them in a cadiver bag and transport them to the morgue.
..I like working with my coworkers at night we get our jobs done best to our ability.We go home with the thought that we did our jobs to the best of our knowledge.
The hardest part of my job is working very short staff.
I enjoyed my job. – less
Parking and Transportation Officer
Parking and Transportation Officer (Former Employee), Quincy, MAAugust 3, 2012
I ensured the safety and well being of hospital patients. I also performed tasks such as the maintenance of the vehicles I transported the patients in.