Quincy Medical Center Employee Reviews

great doctors
Staff Ultrasonographer (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 13, 2015
The Quincy Medical center was a great lace to work, but unfortunately they closed their door at the new year. I wish they were still open.
GREAT PROFESSIONAL,FUN MEDICAL AND NURSING TEAM
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great emergency team.
Cons: lack of job security
QUINCY MEDICAL CENTER WAS A BUSY CITY HOSPITAL WITH A GREAT DEDICATED TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS.THE FACILITY HAD MANY FINANCIAL ISSUES OVER THE YEARS,AND THE FEAR OF JOB LOSS OCCURRED MULTIPLE TIMES.FINALLY,SADLY,THE FACILITY DID A REDUCTION IN FORCE ELIMINATING MY POSITION ON SEPT 1,2014.THE FACILITY CLOSED DECEMBER 31,2014.A TYPICAL DAY @ QMC WAS BUSY,FUN,FRUSTRATING AND ONE OF THE BEST PLACES I HAVE WORKED.OUR STAFF HAD A GREAT RELATIONSHIP W PREHOSP EMS,PSYCH AND GERI PSYCH SUPPORT SERVICES AND THE COMMUNITY.MANY FELT THIS WAS "THEIR HOSPITAL." THE DEATH OF MANY YOUNG PEOPLE FROM HEROIN OVERDOSES BECAME A RECENT DAILY HEARTBREAKING TREND.THE BEST PART OF THE JOB WAS LEAVING WORK AT THE END OF A SHIFT KNOWING YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONES LIFE.
registered nurse
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: an enviornment that was very friendly
Cons: sometimes not enough equipment
it was a wonderful place to work, my co-workers and I worked together by helping each other with pt evaluation and helping each other when one of us was very busy. I learned a lot of different diagnoses, iv insertion, working with all different departments and communication with MD's. my boss, was wonderful, caring understanding organized and fair.
productive work experience
Nursing Technician (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 25, 2015
The hardest part of my job was working all holidays and weekends. There was no sick time and holiday time, just earned time. Co-workers were very helpful and we worked as a team. On a day to day basis I assisted patients with their personal and medical needs. My co-workers and patients made my experience at the hospital better.
wonderful co workers
Registered Nurse, Ambulatory Care Department (Former Employee), Quincy MAJanuary 15, 2015
Wonderful co workers who backed you up and provided support.
Diverse patient population and acuity was the most enjoyable aspect.
WONDERFUL COWORKERS
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 12, 2015
QUINCY MEDICAL CENTER A WONDERFUL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL WITH DEDICATED EMPLOYEES, WAS CLOSED JANUARY 2015 BY STEWARD HEALTH CARE. I LOVED MY JOB AS A PHYSICAL THERAPIST WORKING DAILY WITH MANY DIAGNOSIS AND MULTIPLE INJURIES.
Pleasant department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Quincy Medical centerJanuary 6, 2015
Preadmission testing. Interviewing patients both via telephone and in person to get ready for surgery. Preparing the chart with all the requirements for surgery, Obtaining history and physical including past medical history, medications list and obtaining tests required per algorithm for each individual surgery. Communicating needs and assessments with surgeons and primary care physicians. Entering data in the Electronic Medical Record.
My coworkers worked as a team.
ALLIED HEALTH
Respiratory Therapist, Cardiopulmonary Services (Former Employee), RESPIRATORY CARE QUINCY MAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits / pay
Cons: temporary
WORKED CLOSLY WITH NURSES AND MD'S TO PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL CARE
Fun Enviroment
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include helping customers, helping co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we all got along and helped each other out.
Quincy Medical as a team
Nursing Technician/Float Pool (Current Employee), Quincy, MADecember 29, 2014
I had a such an amazing experience working in QMC. Working as a part of an amazing and wonderful team providing health care to the others. I learned so many different things from every member of the team. The manager of the team was always providing help and caring of everything we were supposed to do. Job was enjoyable as well.
Director of Behavioral HEalth
Patient Care Director for Behavioral Health (Current Employee), Quincy, MADecember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: some raw staff needed direction
I truly enjoyed my relationship with the MDs, MSWs, RNs and the rest of our team. Unfortunately, despite making money in the Psych unit, the rest of the hospital couldn't recover and the hospital was closed.
We would start the day reviewing staffing for all 3 shifs,
I would debrief the night shift and begin organizing the day shift.
Team would be started, we reviewed every case every day.
Census was reported to Corporate Access Center.
I would round and see the evening staff before leaving for the day.
Overall great place to work until the shutdown
Nursing Informatics Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 25, 2014
Overall great place to work until the shutdown. The team hand longevity ,worked collaboratively, and effectively despite external pressure from other competitors. Patient satisfaction scores distribution was normal over the last 10 years and this is expected.
I am only writing this because it is required
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 23, 2014
I do not wish to provide a review. I enjoyed my time at QMC and only left because the hospital is closing.
Amazing multidisciplinary team working together to accomplish patient goals
COTA/L (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 22, 2014
I have loved working at Quincy Medical Center on the 22-bed inpatient Geropsych unit for the past year and a half. Our treatment team was amazing, our workers were caring and empathetic and our beds were always full. It is unfortunate that Quincy Medical Center will be closing on December 31st. I hope to find another facility like this one some day. Please review my resume. I am positive, easy to get along with, optimistic, resilient and I love a challenge.
Registered Nurse-Telemetry/Medical/ Surgical
Registered Nurse- Telemetry/medical/surgical (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 12, 2014
Telemetry Registered Nurse
Great Nurses
Supportive Staff
health benefits
Love this place, so sad we are closing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 10, 2014
Love, Love my job but Steward is closing Quincy Medical Center. I work part time, day shift, two twelve hours shifts.
Too Bad
Lab Tech (Former Employee), QuincyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: everyting
Cons: management
They are closing their doors in 56 days. Feel bad for those who have worked their so long. Why do companys always lay off around holidays?
great place to work
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Quincy, MANovember 4, 2014
Pros: good work environment
stuffs are friendly and supportive. Management is okay, I had a great manager which made job/life balance easier specialty when I was going to nursing school.
Mismanaged
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Quincy, MAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: teaching opportunites
Cons: too many 'bosses'
A typical work day included receiving and processing patient specimens. The work was fun and exciting. It was very fast-paced and there were always opportunities to help out in other departments.

The main thing I learned about management here is not to play favorites. It is better to be fair to all employees regardless of their tenure. Honesty is another important lesson learned. Instead of hiding expired reagents or trying to deceive inspectors, it is best to be upfront and honest, make the necessary corrections and move forward.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy co-workers. There was always an instigator and those who spread rumors or personal matters around the lab. No one could be trusted. It was sad because I like a lot of my co-workers though I knew they would take me down in a heartbeat to save themselves.

The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the clinical students. Seeing their enthusiasm and allowing them to learn by actually doing the tests themselves rather than watching me, was most rewarding.
Quincy Medical Center is a great place to work
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), 114 Whitwell StreetNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great customer service.
Cons: stewart healthcare
I worked at Quincy Medical Center for 12 years and 6 months and I think It is a great place to work. The employers are very good to patients where that special warm and friendly welcome is always there. I learn to appreciate QMC now that I no longer work there and hope that business will start turning around for them. Again great place to work and hoping to go back there to work.