Quincy Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great atmosphere
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 25, 2016
We were like a tight family so when we closed we were all devastated. We could all depend on each other to get things done in a timely manner.
Loved it!!
NURSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 3, 2016
Best place in the world, was very sad when they closed down. I wish they were still opened I would have never left the job, it was the saddest day ever when they informed us that they were closing the doors
Hospital closed
Director of Imaging Services (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 4, 2016
Hospital closed. Hospital purchased by Steward Group and survived only 4 years. The original leadership was a pleasure to work for, but unfortunately went into bankruptcy and eventually closed it's doors.
Quincy Medical center was a great company with great hard working people
Clinical Aide (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 18, 2015
I worked at Quincy Medical Center for a Year and two months as an Clinical Aide on the Geriatric Psychiarty unit. The Geriatric unit has some great workers from the doctors to the housekeeping , thwy were all loving caring peope that loved their job.When the hospital was closing we stand to the end to make sure that all our patients was placed other facilities that would compensate thepatient needs. Quincy Medical Center had great enployees and the pther facilities that the employees when to for work are gaining great staff.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Good benefits
Great professional,fun medical and nursing team
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Quincy medical center was a busy city hospital with a great dedicated team of professionals.The facility had many financial issues over the years,and the fear of job loss occurred multiple times.Finally,sadly,the facility did a reduction in force eliminating my position on sept 1,2014.The facility closed december 31,2014.A typical day @ qmc was busy,fun,frustrating and one of the best places I have worked.Our staff had a great relationship w prehosp ems,psych and geri psych support services and the community.Many felt this was "their hospital." The death of many young people from heroin overdoses became a recent daily heartbreaking trend.The best part of the job was leaving work at the end of a shift knowing you made a difference in someones life.
Pros
great emergency team.
Cons
lack of job security
registered nurse
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 5, 2015
it was a wonderful place to work, my co-workers and I worked together by helping each other with pt evaluation and helping each other when one of us was very busy. I learned a lot of different diagnoses, iv insertion, working with all different departments and communication with MD's. my boss, was wonderful, caring understanding organized and fair.
Pros
an enviornment that was very friendly
Cons
sometimes not enough equipment
productive work experience
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 25, 2015
The hardest part of my job was working all holidays and weekends. There was no sick time and holiday time, just earned time. Co-workers were very helpful and we worked as a team. On a day to day basis I assisted patients with their personal and medical needs. My co-workers and patients made my experience at the hospital better.
wonderful co workers
Registered Nurse, Ambulatory Care Department (Former Employee) –  Quincy MAJanuary 15, 2015
Wonderful co workers who backed you up and provided support.
Diverse patient population and acuity was the most enjoyable aspect.
Wonderful coworkers
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Quincy medical center a wonderful community hospital with dedicated employees, was closed january 2015 by steward health care. I loved my job as a physical therapist working daily with many diagnosis and multiple injuries.
Pleasant department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Quincy Medical centerJanuary 6, 2015
Preadmission testing. Interviewing patients both via telephone and in person to get ready for surgery. Preparing the chart with all the requirements for surgery, Obtaining history and physical including past medical history, medications list and obtaining tests required per algorithm for each individual surgery. Communicating needs and assessments with surgeons and primary care physicians. Entering data in the Electronic Medical Record.
My coworkers worked as a team.
Allied health
Respiratory Therapist, Cardiopulmonary Services (Former Employee) –  RESPIRATORY CARE QUINCY MAJanuary 2, 2015
Worked closly with nurses and md's to provide exceptional care
Pros
benefits / pay
Cons
temporary
Fun Enviroment
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include helping customers, helping co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we all got along and helped each other out.
Quincy Medical as a team
Nursing Technician/Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 29, 2014
I had a such an amazing experience working in QMC. Working as a part of an amazing and wonderful team providing health care to the others. I learned so many different things from every member of the team. The manager of the team was always providing help and caring of everything we were supposed to do. Job was enjoyable as well.
Director of Behavioral HEalth
Patient Care Director for Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 29, 2014
I truly enjoyed my relationship with the MDs, MSWs, RNs and the rest of our team. Unfortunately, despite making money in the Psych unit, the rest of the hospital couldn't recover and the hospital was closed.
We would start the day reviewing staffing for all 3 shifs,
I would debrief the night shift and begin organizing the day shift.
Team would be started, we reviewed every case every day.
Census was reported to Corporate Access Center.
I would round and see the evening staff before leaving for the day.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
some raw staff needed direction
Overall great place to work until the shutdown
Nursing Informatics Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 25, 2014
Overall great place to work until the shutdown. The team hand longevity ,worked collaboratively, and effectively despite external pressure from other competitors. Patient satisfaction scores distribution was normal over the last 10 years and this is expected.
I am only writing this because it is required
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 23, 2014
I do not wish to provide a review. I enjoyed my time at QMC and only left because the hospital is closing.
Amazing multidisciplinary team working together to accomplish patient goals
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 22, 2014
I have loved working at Quincy Medical Center on the 22-bed inpatient Geropsych unit for the past year and a half. Our treatment team was amazing, our workers were caring and empathetic and our beds were always full. It is unfortunate that Quincy Medical Center will be closing on December 31st. I hope to find another facility like this one some day. Please review my resume. I am positive, easy to get along with, optimistic, resilient and I love a challenge.
Registered Nurse-Telemetry/Medical/ Surgical
Registered Nurse- Telemetry/medical/surgical (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 12, 2014
Telemetry Registered Nurse
Great Nurses
Supportive Staff
health benefits
Love this place, so sad we are closing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 10, 2014
Love, Love my job but Steward is closing Quincy Medical Center. I work part time, day shift, two twelve hours shifts.
Too Bad
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  QuincyNovember 6, 2014
They are closing their doors in 56 days. Feel bad for those who have worked their so long. Why do companys always lay off around holidays?
Pros
everyting
Cons
management

2.9