QUINCY MEDICAL GROUP Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and always something to do
IT Technician / Medical Records Scanning (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 2, 2016
Awesome place to work, seemed like everyone in my department got along with each other and the supervisor respectable to their employees.
behavioral health
Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  quincy, IlOctober 28, 2014
The department is a joke. If you have medicaid you will have a massive waitlist. The counselors run behind often and are often late with paperwork. Scheduling is a nightmare! You work when they tell you to. 50-60 hrs a week. Supervision and management is very clique-y. Workers have no say and no autonomy.
Pros
support staff, global assessment, speech and occupational therapy
Cons
waitlist, mental health and counseling
Misleading
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 18, 2014
The RN infusion room position should really be the RN coder position. More time is spent doing coding and billing than any other task.
Bad Administration
Rehabiltation (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 10, 2014
I left a great job with hopes of not working long hours and having more time with my family. I and my wife were promised in a pre-employment interview by my boss, that I would work maybe at most two to three nights a week (no Sundays) in addition to my primary responsibilities Monday thru Friday 7AM-6PM. This did not happen and when I questioned why I was having to work so many late nights and on Sunday, I was called into the office by both my boss and his boss questioning my integrity to QMG and how bad I wanted my job. News today talks about Bullying at the schools, well, I was bullied in the workplace at QMG. QMG administration comes across like they are professional, but behind closed doors they are manipulative and power hungry!
Pros
i enjoyed working with the patients i came in contact with.
Cons
qmg
Experience for the future
Receptionist in Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Working at Quincy medical group gave me hands on idea of how it to work in the medical field towards a career I would like to happen for my future while I was in college. I have always wanted to work with kids and even though I physically didn't get the opportunity to care for the kids...I did get the chance to meet the parents and kids when I was given the opportunity to be the receptionist in pediatrics. I got see how the front desk is operated for the nurses as well as the doctors. I got to turn the frowns upside down with smiles from parents and kids by my words and actions on a daily basis. I have always missed working at quincy medical group because they were like a second family to me since I was employed their for four years.
Pros
doctors and nurses attititudes, co workers guideness and energy, children of all ages, management with helping career paths
Cons
hours
Great place to work.
Sr. Director Compliance/Privacy Officer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 31, 2013
QMG was a great place to work. I developed and coordinated coorprate compliance plan and HIPAA security.
Comfortable, safe, pleasant work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 16, 2013
A typical day at work was pleasant and busy
I learned a lot about teamwork and hard to handle coworkers
Management was proffessional and pleasant, and fair
Losing the job was the hardest part, I was laid off because of downsizing
All my coworkers were fun and pleasant to work with but one, and she didn't last long.
I really enjoyed all faucets of this job and hated losing it. If it hadn't been for a particularly bad experience with one coworker, it would have been great.
Pros
pleasant work environment, excellent benefits, professional
Cons
having to wear company jacket(too hot), shorter lunch breaks
Leading Healhcare Provider
Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 24, 2013
QMG is a great place to work. For the exact same reason I would love to stay, I am forced to leave. No one else wants to leave. As a result, opportunities for advancement are few and far between.
Pros
great people
Cons
little opportunity to advance
I as you can tell did not like for this company.
Laboratory Receptionist- I (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 6, 2012
My boss would never come out of his office to speak with any of us. The company as a whole was not a well put together place to work as far as ethics are concerned.

2.6