QUINCY MEDICAL GROUP Employee Reviews

Too much middle management not enough actual decision making
Behavior health (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 1, 2017
The company is one of three in a small town where everyone knows everyone. Family members are typically involved in middle management and in charge of hiring which means only family gets the job despite poor qualifications. If you attempt to change this dynamic to improve patient care and progress then you are bullied and segregated. They know there are limited options for work in the community so pay is low.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, respect, and bullying
Behavioral health is AMAZING
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Great team. Highly skilled providers. Great leadership. Atonomy. Fast paced but supported by leadership. Great training opportunities or support for continuing education. Great growth potiental. Very flexible work schedule
Pros
Growth, Continuing edu/training opportunities, leadership, team
Poor management
former employee (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 14, 2017
A typical day at work was usually somewhat slow as I always looked
for work to do to keep me busy. I learned that the younger generations work ethnic was a lot different from mine. They use company time on the internet and their cell phones. I loved working with my doctors and nurses. Some co- workers were very controlling at times. I loved providing customer service to the patients which was the most enjoyable part of my job. Management doesn't care about you as an employee and they show favoritism.
benefits
Cons
poor management & favoritism
Very poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 30, 2017
A typical day at QMG was usually very busy and could get very stressful. I did learn new procedures,however the training could be a lot better a lot of my job I had to learn on my own. Management is a big joke, whenever you need to talk to a supervisor you can never find them.
Pros
I met a lot of nice people
Cons
Poor Management
Avoid
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 20, 2017
Management truly does not know what they are doing. Those from Quincy are favored over much better employees. Pay is low, stress level is high...stay away from here.
Pros
Cons
Inept management, favoritism, low pay, lack of advancement.
Great Company
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Great company nice people great schedule good management leaving the job

great atmosphere, advancement. working with people
Pros
free coffee
Disability Forms Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy Medical GroupJanuary 20, 2017
Quincy Medical Group was a great place to work overall with great benefits, pay and insurance, ample vacation and personal time. The providers and coworkers were great. Staff was very friendly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor communication from superiors
Not a bad place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILDecember 5, 2016
Liked working for this company. I just wanted to advance and at the time there was no room for me to. I would work here again, if I could find the right position.
Productive and always something to do
IT Technician / Medical Records Scanning (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 2, 2016
Awesome place to work, seemed like everyone in my department got along with each other and the supervisor respectable to their employees.
behavioral health
Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  quincy, IlOctober 28, 2014
The department is a joke. If you have medicaid you will have a massive waitlist. The counselors run behind often and are often late with paperwork. Scheduling is a nightmare! You work when they tell you to. 50-60 hrs a week. Supervision and management is very clique-y. Workers have no say and no autonomy.
Pros
support staff, global assessment, speech and occupational therapy
Cons
waitlist, mental health and counseling
Enjoyed working as an outreach athletic trainer, but not in the clinic.
Athletic Trainer, Outreach Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 25, 2014
I really liked working as an outreach athletic trainer for the contracted schools I took care of. Working at QMG sports medicine and outpatient physical therapy was administratively challenged. My work day would start at 7:30AM to 4:30PM, then I would head out to one of two schools I covered, sometimes not getting home till after 10PM M-F and weekends. Since I covered a college I would often work on Sundays too. I was promised after leaving my previous employment that my schedule would not be this demanding, yet at times it was worse. QMG takes advantage of it's employees and it expects a lot out of them. Would not recommend them for an Athletic Trainer position.
Pros
Enjoyed my contracted schools
Cons
Administration is all about making money and protecting their jobs
Misleading
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 18, 2014
The RN infusion room position should really be the RN coder position. More time is spent doing coding and billing than any other task.
Bad Administration
Rehabiltation (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 10, 2014
I left a great job with hopes of not working long hours and having more time with my family. I and my wife were promised in a pre-employment interview by my boss, that I would work maybe at most two to three nights a week (no Sundays) in addition to my primary responsibilities Monday thru Friday 7AM-6PM. This did not happen and when I questioned why I was having to work so many late nights and on Sunday, I was called into the office by both my boss and his boss questioning my integrity to QMG and how bad I wanted my job. News today talks about Bullying at the schools, well, I was bullied in the workplace at QMG. QMG administration comes across like they are professional, but behind closed doors they are manipulative and power hungry!
Pros
I enjoyed working with the patients I came in contact with.
Cons
Qmg
Experience for the future
Receptionist in Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Working at Quincy medical group gave me hands on idea of how it to work in the medical field towards a career I would like to happen for my future while I was in college. I have always wanted to work with kids and even though I physically didn't get the opportunity to care for the kids...I did get the chance to meet the parents and kids when I was given the opportunity to be the receptionist in pediatrics. I got see how the front desk is operated for the nurses as well as the doctors. I got to turn the frowns upside down with smiles from parents and kids by my words and actions on a daily basis. I have always missed working at quincy medical group because they were like a second family to me since I was employed their for four years.
Pros
doctors and nurses attititudes, co workers guideness and energy, children of all ages, management with helping career paths
Cons
hours
Great place to work.
Sr. Director Compliance/Privacy Officer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 31, 2013
QMG was a great place to work. I developed and coordinated coorprate compliance plan and HIPAA security.
Comfortable, safe, pleasant work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 16, 2013
A typical day at work was pleasant and busy
I learned a lot about teamwork and hard to handle coworkers
Management was proffessional and pleasant, and fair
Losing the job was the hardest part, I was laid off because of downsizing
All my coworkers were fun and pleasant to work with but one, and she didn't last long.
I really enjoyed all faucets of this job and hated losing it. If it hadn't been for a particularly bad experience with one coworker, it would have been great.
Pros
pleasant work environment, excellent benefits, professional
Cons
having to wear company jacket(too hot), shorter lunch breaks
Leading Healhcare Provider
Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 24, 2013
QMG is a great place to work. For the exact same reason I would love to stay, I am forced to leave. No one else wants to leave. As a result, opportunities for advancement are few and far between.
Pros
great people
Cons
little opportunity to advance
I as you can tell did not like for this company.
Laboratory Receptionist- I (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 6, 2012
My boss would never come out of his office to speak with any of us. The company as a whole was not a well put together place to work as far as ethics are concerned.