Quinnipiac University Employee Reviews

Has become one of the top universities in the U.S.
Director, Ed McMahon Communications Center (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJanuary 6, 2016
Left reluctantly after 20+ years in order to relocate. Fine employer, congenial work environment. Excellent benefits, fair compensation.
Exciting Place To Work
Poll Interviewer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 1, 2016
Quinnipiac University Poll is an exciting workplace in regarding to the staff and keeping up with the current news headliners. I work 3 hours in the evening five days a week with a group of 100 co-workers that are extra special. Most of my co-workers are students and people that need a second job to support their other income. The hardest part of the job is there are too many days off without notice. The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching my quote at night and that is making about 200-250 calls a night.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
too many days off and not working over 20 hours a week
Great with giving Flexibly and make convenience to accommodate other responsibilties
Poll Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 31, 2015
A very Supportive Environment, with great incentives and bonuses to encourage Productivity. Flexible work schedules and excellent with assisting, arranging, and allowing accommodations with other your other responsibilities.
When my car broke down they allowed up to six months to resolve the problem and return to be put back on the schedule without reapplying.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary
Rich in Experience
Student Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 20, 2015
A typical day working as a Student Affairs Assistant kept me busy and enabled me to become well knowledgeable of the ins and outs of working in an office environment. I learned how to professionally communicate via phone calls and in person. I became very comfortable in conversations with angry or disgruntled parents of students. The first few such phone calls I received startled me and were slightly intimidating. I was able to get a good understanding of how best to defuse the situation by calmly helping the caller through their issue or transferring them to someone who was more appropriate to handle their issue. I worked with a lot of paperwork and completed tasks, including filing, copying, and shredding documents. I was lucky enough to have really great co-workers. I was the only student worker during my shifts. The secretary whose desk was next to mine was whom I worked with most closely and most often. She was very helpful when I first began working there. She really helped me master the responsibilities and tasks I was given on a daily basis.The hardest part of my job was during our busiest hours when I would have many phone calls simultaneously while also being responsible for a large stack of documents and files and directing students and parents coming into the office for disciplinary meetings. However, I would say this is the the area that I most benefited from as I was really able to improve on my multi tasking skills. By the end of my time in the office, I was able to successfully handle all of my tasks at once with no effort.
The university has committed instructors, especially adjuncts, but deans and others dis not support us.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 17, 2015
I taught as many as three courses in QU's seminar program, a mandatory three-level course for all students. I engaged the students in a roundtable discussion in every class and made sure all had a chance to express their views openly and without criticism.

One great asset was that my fellow seminar teachers and I met almost daily for small talk and also to exchange ideas on how to present the material. That was the best part of my (and our) time when not in the classroom. Unfortunately, the full-time faculty supervising the seminar levels was almost never available to work with us.

Getting students to participate was sometimes a bit difficult, to say the least. However, getting the shy ones to participate helped them and everyone else in the class.
Pros
A collegial atmosphere with my fellow instructors, concomitant with an open sharing of ideas.
Cons
Supervision showed little interest in our duties, unless a student complained. There was little direction for us.
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 9, 2015
Excellent co-workers and easy job. Loved working here and going to work everyday. I honestly do not have any cons to list about working here.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
No cons
Quinnipiac
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 31, 2015
Student worker, minimum wage. Landscaping, lawn maintenance, learned how to use several power tools etc. Chain saws and hedge trimmers included
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Weather
Pleasant enough environment in which I worked.
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 18, 2015
I worked well with all other Admissions and Financial Aid Law School personnel. I don't believe I've ever had a work-related problem with any co-worker. My work ethic is strong. I take pride in my work and always strive to do the best job possible.
Wonderful Work Environment
ORIENTATION LEADER (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 19, 2015
I worked as an Orientation leader and I loved the program and the staff. I learned so much about the University, how to work with incoming students, how to adjust them to a new situation, and I learned a lot about myself and how I work.
Productive and Challenging Workplace
Cashier and Chef (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 12, 2015
This workplace challenges your time-management skills as well as your ability to produce products for customers, maintain an organized work area, and communicate efficiently with coworkers.
Offers vast amount of in-depth classes within my field
Applied Portfolio Management Class (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 4, 2015
I am able to take detailed finance classes, such as derivatives, fixed income, etc... Professors have excellent work background to give all students a better understanding of how the real world will be.
Pros
excellent education
Cons
n/a
Grad Job
Assistant Men's Golf Coach (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 3, 2015
Job was taken while in law school. Was great to recruit, give campus tours and to teach the current players about what I learned in my 4 years of playing Division 1 golf.
Professional and fun work place.
Audio/Visual Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 18, 2015
Great place to work at with great management staff. Management can make us feel comfortable and happy in the work place while remaining professional at all times. All employees go through an extensive training process that displays how to do our specific jobs and focuses on how to provide exceptional customer service to all people who come into our work place. Great learning experience that helped me grow as a professional and as an individual.
Fantastic Working Environment
Graduate Assistant for Athletic Compliance (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Quinnipiac University Athletic's Department truly creates a family atmosphere for its staff making working there a pleasant and exciting experience.
Relaxing work environment
MBA lecturer (Visiting Scholar) (Former Employee) –  Hamden CTFebruary 5, 2015
This is a relaxing work environment since everyone has their own duties and responsibilities. People has clear established goals for the year and it is on your responsibilities to establish the method of work.
Pros
location
Cons
no benefits
Fun environment where I get to do what I love
Quinnipiac IceCat Cheer Captain (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Elected Cheer Captain of this new Team my sophomore year. Assist my coach in making dances, cheers, volunteer events, or opportunities to get involved with the community. My team became my best friends and being a leader to these girls is so rewardable.
High turnover for a reason & unprofessional
hired as PSO lied to and made a dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTNovember 16, 2014
Was hired as a public safety officer. Was not given uniforms until 3 weeks after being on the job while unused uniforms sat in a closet. I was told I would be a PSO and was hired for that reason only to be told I was lied to by Sgts on multiple shifts and that I was hired as a dispatcher. Typical good ole boys system. 3rd shift supervisor would sleep in dispatch room in the open. Inexperienced children acting PSOs would escalate situations with students. Attempts to organize a union is constantly being cut down by management and supervisors. My training FTO was handled by someone was said to me "you probably know more than I do so good luck". Next FTO spent more time texting her BF than training me. I could go on and on but you've been warned. This could be a good place to work if they fired everyone and started over starting at the top. Lots of promises and delusion going on here they are constantly hiring since anyone with knowledge and experience sees the signs and runs!
Pros
free tuition
Cons
too many to list
Amazing community with a very positive work enviroment
Quinnipiac University Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 30, 2014
Throughout my time at Quinnipiac I have given large campus tours to prospective students which have taught me an immense amount of people skills. I also was a three time Orientation Leader for the university. This pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me a strong and affective leader and gave me a strong confidence as a person who is looking to be employed. I most enjoyed working with others and serving students.
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Student Undergraduate Coach (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 13, 2014
My main duties for this job included assisting the softball team. I caught during practices and helped catch during games. I also assisted the coach in running practices smoothly and effectively.
It was a great atmosphere to work with the players and coaches.
I have learned how to interact effectively to the plays as well as keeping the environment fun to work with.
Broadened educational experience in the lab
Independent Study (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJanuary 25, 2014
Working in the Keller Lab at Quinnipiac University was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Though the work was challenging, I was pushed to see it through and find solutions to seemingly impossible tasks.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
n/a

4.5