Quinnipiac University

Quinnipiac University Employer Reviews

Fun and energetic atmosphere
Student Undergraduate Coach (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 13, 2014
My main duties for this job included assisting the softball team. I caught during practices and helped catch during games. I also assisted the coach in running practices smoothly and effectively.
It was a great atmosphere to work with the players and coaches.
I have learned how to interact effectively to the plays as well as keeping the environment – more... fun to work with. – less
Broadened educational experience in the lab
Independent Study (Former Employee), Hamden, CTJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
Working in the Keller Lab at Quinnipiac University was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Though the work was challenging, I was pushed to see it through and find solutions to seemingly impossible tasks.
Productive and motivating work place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), North Haven, CTJanuary 19, 2014
Great place to work, the company is always looking to help you further your education and all employees work as a team.
A high quality education in a beautiful New England setting.
University Adjunct (Current Employee), Hamden, CTNovember 4, 2013
Quinnipiac University promotes excellence.Student expectations are high and the university provides the necessary high quality instruction that enables students to reach their potential. The students are by far the best prepared as they embark on their teaching careers.
The university requires that same excellence for its employees. As a part time teacher – more... I am regularly included in staff meetings and training. Collegiality is key and academic growth fostered. – less
Good Place to teach
Adjunct Faculty Lecturer (Former Employee), Hamden ConnecticutJune 29, 2013
Pros: samll classes
In my teaching I use amazing ideas every day. Therefore, my role as an educator is to help the students to discover and explore the treasures of the language. Over the past years, I have found that music, movies and games help make the learning process more enjoyable and constructive for both the students and teacher.
Repetition also plays an important – more... role in teaching the Arabic language. Much like other activities like music or sports, students must practice Arabic in order to excel. This is achieved in the classroom through listening and oral exercises, as well as at outside the classroom through further listening and writing exercises. I stress the importance of homework, since it gives students the chance to practice their skills, as well as prepare questions before coming into class. Not only will this enable me to teach each class more effectively, but the students are better equipped to deal with more complex subject matter.
From the very beginning of the class, important conversational phrases are learned and practiced with classmates. By building on these phrases with new vocabulary and grammatical rules, students learn quicker and retain more information while working towards a higher proficiency level in the language.
I also like to teach new vocabulary through cultural examples, so the students are learning both about the language and about the people who use it. By bringing in authentic Arabic food or listening to popular Arabic music, I am able to reach the students on a deeper level while expounding their vocabulary and grasp on the Arabic language.
I am very dedicated, enjoy teaching, always work hard to find suitable materials and make the learning process an enjoyable experience. Teachers and students share the responsibility of creating a dynamic classroom environment. – less
Awesome
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Hamden, CTJune 11, 2013
Such a fantastic place to work for and also gained an amazing education.
Easy going
Work Study - Athletic equipment room assistant (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 23, 2013
Very easy-going work study position. It was fun to be around the sports teams and help them prepare for big games and tournaments.
Excellent Athletic Training Program
Athletic Training Clinical Experience (Current Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 12, 2013
Excellent Athletic Training Program. Clinical hours all semesters with a variety of options
Wonderful work place, good place to learn and grow
Graduate Assistant / Part-time employee (Current Employee), Hamden, CTJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: tickets for games
Cons: cant think of anything now
Ilearn something new everyday. I am involved in everything and people are really nice. Show appreciation for whatever you do. I love Dev and Public Affairs.
Great University
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee), Hamden, CTJanuary 2, 2013
I would highly recommend this University to anyone looking to further their education whether it be for undergraduate or graduate school. The professors, staff, and faculty are unbelievably supportive throughout your education.
Technology support
Student Technology Academic Resource (Former Employee), Hamden, CTNovember 7, 2012
Pros: helping people, troubleshooting technology, pay raise
Cons: having to create work orders for more difficult problems, mandatory breaks
Providing support for students and staff on a walk in basis. Create work orders as needed. Install and troubleshoot software. Fix printers and copiers. Create work orders for further troubleshooting and reimaging. Management is always available for additonal help. The most enjoyable part is helping people. The hardest part is not being able to solve – more... advanced problems. Worked on the grad campus which was slower. Mandatory 30 minute break after 5 hours. Pay raise after a certain number of hours. – less
Quinnipiac University is a very great place to work, and Campus Security was very professional and well-run
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hamden, CTSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: great staff and procedures in place made it a very easy place to work.
Cons: understaffed
On a typical day, I patrolled the Junior & Senior extension of the main campus as well as the athletic center. It was a wonderful place to work, and I learned a lot about security plans and procedures.

I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job was helping students with whatever various needs they had.

The toughest part was witnessing instances when – more... students were out of hand or disobeying university policies, and I had to take care of the situation. – less
LACK OF DIVERSITY
nothing (Former Employee), hamdenAugust 20, 2012
Pros: small green campus
Cons: discriminative
Quinnipiac University is a small private institution which lacks multi culturalism and awareness for diversity in their staff. Human Resources is very slow and tedious in getting back to potential employees. They are intolerant of applicants with a diverse background. If you are the typical American girl or guy next door your probably a shoe in but – more... only with massive experience, degrees, or if your 50 years of age and above. Human resources does not even have the courtesy to send people replies on their applications or does not give you the time of day to reject you or accept you. They pretty much have you strung on a string from the day you apply to extending to four to six months. They resist follow up calls and follow up from applicants in regards to their applications. Overall they are horrible in their work ethics at human resources and no one says anything about it. – less
Small tightly-knit First-Year Writing Program
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 2, 2012
Pros: strong community
Cons: cramped campus
There is always room to grow in this department if you are willing to do so. Meetings with other adjunct faculty are stimulating and educational. Management is encouraging and rewards hard work. Students are well educated, coursework is stimulating, and class sizes are highly manageable.
Excellent University to work for
Biomedical Sciences Instructor (Current Employee), Hamden CTMay 10, 2012
I have been teaching at Quinnipiac University for 11 years, and find it to be an excellent institution of higher learning.

About Quinnipiac University

At Quinnipiac University the first thing you may have to learn is how to pronounce it (for the record, it's KWIN-uh-pe-ack). The – Read more