Quinnipiac University

Quinnipiac University Employee Reviews

Pleasant enough environment in which I worked.
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 18, 2015
I worked well with all other Admissions and Financial Aid Law School personnel. I don't believe I've ever had a work-related problem with any co-worker. My work ethic is strong. I take pride in my work and always strive to do the best job possible.
Wonderful Work Environment
ORIENTATION LEADER (Former Employee), Hamden, CTApril 19, 2015
I worked as an Orientation leader and I loved the program and the staff. I learned so much about the University, how to work with incoming students, how to adjust them to a new situation, and I learned a lot about myself and how I work.
Productive and Challenging Workplace
Cashier and Chef (Former Employee), Hamden, CTApril 12, 2015
This workplace challenges your time-management skills as well as your ability to produce products for customers, maintain an organized work area, and communicate efficiently with coworkers.
Offers vast amount of in-depth classes within my field
Applied Portfolio Management Class (Current Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 4, 2015
Pros: excellent education
Cons: n/a
I am able to take detailed finance classes, such as derivatives, fixed income, etc... Professors have excellent work background to give all students a better understanding of how the real world will be.
Grad Job
Assistant Men's Golf Coach (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 3, 2015
Job was taken while in law school. Was great to recruit, give campus tours and to teach the current players about what I learned in my 4 years of playing Division 1 golf.
Professional and fun work place.
Audio/Visual Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamden, CTFebruary 18, 2015
Great place to work at with great management staff. Management can make us feel comfortable and happy in the work place while remaining professional at all times. All employees go through an extensive training process that displays how to do our specific jobs and focuses on how to provide exceptional customer service to all people who come into our work place. Great learning experience that helped me grow as a professional and as an individual.
Fantastic Working Environment
Graduate Assistant for Athletic Compliance (Former Employee), Hamden, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Quinnipiac University Athletic's Department truly creates a family atmosphere for its staff making working there a pleasant and exciting experience.
Relaxing work environment
MBA lecturer (Visiting Scholar) (Former Employee), Hamden CTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: no benefits
This is a relaxing work environment since everyone has their own duties and responsibilities. People has clear established goals for the year and it is on your responsibilities to establish the method of work.
Fun environment where I get to do what I love
Quinnipiac IceCat Cheer Captain (Current Employee), Hamden, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Elected Cheer Captain of this new Team my sophomore year. Assist my coach in making dances, cheers, volunteer events, or opportunities to get involved with the community. My team became my best friends and being a leader to these girls is so rewardable.
High turnover for a reason & unprofessional
hired as PSO lied to and made a dispatcher (Former Employee), Hamden, CTNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free tuition
Cons: too many to list
Was hired as a public safety officer. Was not given uniforms until 3 weeks after being on the job while unused uniforms sat in a closet. I was told I would be a PSO and was hired for that reason only to be told I was lied to by Sgts on multiple shifts and that I was hired as a dispatcher. Typical good ole boys system. 3rd shift supervisor would sleep in dispatch room in the open. Inexperienced children acting PSOs would escalate situations with students. Attempts to organize a union is constantly being cut down by management and supervisors. My training FTO was handled by someone was said to me "you probably know more than I do so good luck". Next FTO spent more time texting her BF than training me. I could go on and on but you've been warned. This could be a good place to work if they fired everyone and started over starting at the top. Lots of promises and delusion going on here they are constantly hiring since anyone with knowledge and experience sees the signs and runs!
Amazing community with a very positive work enviroment
Quinnipiac University Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 30, 2014
Throughout my time at Quinnipiac I have given large campus tours to prospective students which have taught me an immense amount of people skills. I also was a three time Orientation Leader for the university. This pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me a strong and affective leader and gave me a strong confidence as a person who is looking to be employed. I most enjoyed working with others and serving students.
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Student Undergraduate Coach (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 13, 2014
My main duties for this job included assisting the softball team. I caught during practices and helped catch during games. I also assisted the coach in running practices smoothly and effectively.
It was a great atmosphere to work with the players and coaches.
I have learned how to interact effectively to the plays as well as keeping the environment fun to work with.
Broadened educational experience in the lab
Independent Study (Former Employee), Hamden, CTJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
Working in the Keller Lab at Quinnipiac University was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Though the work was challenging, I was pushed to see it through and find solutions to seemingly impossible tasks.
Productive and motivating work place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), North Haven, CTJanuary 19, 2014
Great place to work, the company is always looking to help you further your education and all employees work as a team.
A high quality education in a beautiful New England setting.
University Adjunct (Current Employee), Hamden, CTNovember 4, 2013
Quinnipiac University promotes excellence.Student expectations are high and the university provides the necessary high quality instruction that enables students to reach their potential. The students are by far the best prepared as they embark on their teaching careers.
The university requires that same excellence for its employees. As a part time teacher I am regularly included in staff meetings and training. Collegiality is key and academic growth fostered.
Good Place to teach
Adjunct Faculty Lecturer (Former Employee), Hamden ConnecticutJune 29, 2013
Pros: samll classes
In my teaching I use amazing ideas every day. Therefore, my role as an educator is to help the students to discover and explore the treasures of the language. Over the past years, I have found that music, movies and games help make the learning process more enjoyable and constructive for both the students and teacher.
Repetition also plays an important role in teaching the Arabic language. Much like other activities like music or sports, students must practice Arabic in order to excel. This is achieved in the classroom through listening and oral exercises, as well as at outside the classroom through further listening and writing exercises. I stress the importance of homework, since it gives students the chance to practice their skills, as well as prepare questions before coming into class. Not only will this enable me to teach each class more effectively, but the students are better equipped to deal with more complex subject matter.
From the very beginning of the class, important conversational phrases are learned and practiced with classmates. By building on these phrases with new vocabulary and grammatical rules, students learn quicker and retain more information while working towards a higher proficiency level in the language.
I also like to teach new vocabulary through cultural examples, so the students are learning both about the language and about the people who use it. By bringing in authentic Arabic food or listening to popular Arabic music, I am able to reach the students on a deeper level while expounding their vocabulary and grasp on the Arabic language.
I am very dedicated, enjoy teaching, always work hard to find suitable materials and make the learning process an enjoyable experience. Teachers and students share the responsibility of creating a dynamic classroom environment.
Awesome
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Hamden, CTJune 11, 2013
Such a fantastic place to work for and also gained an amazing education.
Easy going
Work Study - Athletic equipment room assistant (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 23, 2013
Very easy-going work study position. It was fun to be around the sports teams and help them prepare for big games and tournaments.
Excellent Athletic Training Program
Athletic Training Clinical Experience (Current Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 12, 2013
Excellent Athletic Training Program. Clinical hours all semesters with a variety of options
Wonderful work place, good place to learn and grow
Graduate Assistant / Part-time employee (Current Employee), Hamden, CTJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: tickets for games
Cons: cant think of anything now
Ilearn something new everyday. I am involved in everything and people are really nice. Show appreciation for whatever you do. I love Dev and Public Affairs.

About Quinnipiac University

At Quinnipiac University the first thing you may have to learn is how to pronounce it (for the record, it's KWIN-uh-pe-ack). The – Read more