Quinnipiac University Employee Reviews

upon graduation expected FT, only PT available
DNP class, lab, clinical nursing instructor (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 23, 2016
Earning my DNP with a 3.9 GPA was a false reassurance that I would get a FT position. On-line program was great experience but then when found out couldn't get a job there with my credentials, lost motivation and became disillusioned about entire DNP program and promises made. $30,000 owed and unsure how to pay off!
Enjoy working with BSN students in lab and clinical. Would love to be in the classroom and prove that I am a great educator. Only got to be in lab and clinical for 10-12 weeks at a time with small groups.
Lack of leadership
Server and shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  275 mount Carmel Hamden ctOctober 4, 2016
I've been there for three years some supervisor are good leader but you have some that makes it hard for people to stay you don't have the right people in the right jobs so you have people doing two and three jobs because lack of supervision but for myself Im a team player and always help out when needed
Pros
Always busy time go by guick
Cons
Sometimes lack of leadership
Perfect place to work if they got rid of the Union
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 25, 2016
Top quality faculty, beautiful campus and a retirement package that can't be topped. Unfortunately, clerical positions are required to be part of a Union that limits room for growth. Copy room clerks with high school diplomas are paid the same amount as Secretaries who have degrees and years of job experience. Clerical job descriptions are horribly outdated and inaccurate. I would never consider leaving this position if it weren't for the Union which seems to hold growth back rather than promote it. Compensation does not match the job requirements, through no fault of Quinnipiac University who offers free education to all staff (union or not) able to pass the courses.
Pros
Tuition waiver, beautiful campus, brilliant faculty
Cons
clerical required to join Union
Human resource information systems professional
HRIS/Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 15, 2016
Developed and supported employee data and environments to deliver internal and external services. Directed projects and information services to a faculty and staff population of over 2,000. Managed applications, infrastructure, operational continuity, data communications, and system support. Performed hands-on development and provided technical leadership for best practice requirements, applications development and database development and support.
Positive work environment
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 24, 2016
Everyone is great to work with from lower level workers to higher up personal. Working here developed my soft skills further by interacting with multiple types of personalities.
Wonderful Learning Environment
Research Assistant and Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 13, 2016
This was a great place to gain research experience. I gained knowledge about data entry and coding, worked with study participants, organized data collection sessions, etc. Most enjoyable was getting to work with other team members.
Working as a Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 14, 2016
Not a bad GA job!
Decent pay and can do homework at some points.
Co-workers are students and usually its a good match everyone gets along, staff is very nice but it depends what department you work in. The best part is you can make your own hours and take off if you need to.
Great workplace
Office Assistant to School of Health Sciences (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 15, 2016
Simple tasks for a student worker. Employers allowed for plenty of time to complete each task and provided adequate directions. Would recommend.
Had a fun time working with them.
Auxiliary Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 19, 2016
The job is only temporary since I was only handing out I.D. cards to freshmen. It was fun, they knew what they were doing. It wasn't too hard at any moments.
Pros
Free food, breaks
Cons
Only temporary
A very nice place environment to work
Armed Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 11, 2016
A very nice working and friendly supportive environment with the Department of Public Safety and management within the Universities Mission statement.
Productive and Great work enivronment
Financial Technology Center Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJanuary 25, 2016
During the day I sit in the the breakout from near the Bloomberg terminal. If a student has an issue or acquires assistance navigating through the terminal I help them out. I also help out the FIN 470 trading strategies class by showing them functions on the Bloomberg terminal that can help them work on their trading abilities.
Exciting Place To Work
Poll Interviewer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 1, 2016
Quinnipiac University Poll is an exciting workplace in regarding to the staff and keeping up with the current news headliners. I work 3 hours in the evening five days a week with a group of 100 co-workers that are extra special. Most of my co-workers are students and people that need a second job to support their other income. The hardest part of the job is there are too many days off without notice. The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching my quote at night and that is making about 200-250 calls a night.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
too many days off and not working over 20 hours a week
It is a great school to work for
Graduate Assistant for Associate Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 17, 2016
Everyone here is very helpful if you need anything.
The co-workers are great and everyone is very welcoming.
A typical day involves setup and break down of events that happen on the Quinnipiac Campus.
Great with giving Flexibly and make convenience to accommodate other responsibilties
Poll Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 31, 2015
A very Supportive Environment, with great incentives and bonuses to encourage Productivity. Flexible work schedules and excellent with assisting, arranging, and allowing accommodations with other your other responsibilities.
When my car broke down they allowed up to six months to resolve the problem and return to be put back on the schedule without reapplying.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary
Has become one of the top universities in the U.S.
Director, Ed McMahon Communications Center (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJanuary 6, 2016
Left reluctantly after 20+ years in order to relocate. Fine employer, congenial work environment. Excellent benefits, fair compensation.
Professional and fun work place.
Audio/Visual Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 18, 2015
Great place to work at with great management staff. Management can make us feel comfortable and happy in the work place while remaining professional at all times. All employees go through an extensive training process that displays how to do our specific jobs and focuses on how to provide exceptional customer service to all people who come into our work place. Great learning experience that helped me grow as a professional and as an individual.
Amazing community with a very positive work enviroment
Quinnipiac University Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 30, 2014
Throughout my time at Quinnipiac I have given large campus tours to prospective students which have taught me an immense amount of people skills. I also was a three time Orientation Leader for the university. This pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me a strong and affective leader and gave me a strong confidence as a person who is looking to be employed. I most enjoyed working with others and serving students.
Quinnipiac University is a very great place to work, and Campus Security was very professional and well-run
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 6, 2012
On a typical day, I patrolled the Junior & Senior extension of the main campus as well as the athletic center. It was a wonderful place to work, and I learned a lot about security plans and procedures.

I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job was helping students with whatever various needs they had.

The toughest part was witnessing instances when students were out of hand or disobeying university policies, and I had to take care of the situation.
Pros
great staff and procedures in place made it a very easy place to work.
Cons
understaffed
Technology support
Student Technology Academic Resource (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTNovember 7, 2012
Providing support for students and staff on a walk in basis. Create work orders as needed. Install and troubleshoot software. Fix printers and copiers. Create work orders for further troubleshooting and reimaging. Management is always available for additonal help. The most enjoyable part is helping people. The hardest part is not being able to solve advanced problems. Worked on the grad campus which was slower. Mandatory 30 minute break after 5 hours. Pay raise after a certain number of hours.
Pros
helping people, troubleshooting technology, pay raise
Cons
having to create work orders for more difficult problems, mandatory breaks
A high quality education in a beautiful New England setting.
University Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTNovember 4, 2013
Quinnipiac University promotes excellence.Student expectations are high and the university provides the necessary high quality instruction that enables students to reach their potential. The students are by far the best prepared as they embark on their teaching careers.
The university requires that same excellence for its employees. As a part time teacher I am regularly included in staff meetings and training. Collegiality is key and academic growth fostered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinnipiac University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4