Quinnipiac University Employee Reviews

great place if you want to get child a cheap education
Armed Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed the job, however, management was out to bad. They treated employees with little concern. They were very vindictive. If you happen to be LGBT, forget it. They will discriminate and lie all about it.
Pros
great tuition benefit for employee and your kids
Cons
they hold the tuition benefit over your head
time managemnet
Part Time Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  CTNovember 1, 2017
I have learned to become a good clinical instructor to manage my time as a part time job. I enjoy working with the students in their junior year helping them learn to become the nursed of our future
Very nice work environment
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 27, 2017
I enjoy working at QU, both the Psychology and Criminal Justice Departments are supportive of adjunct faculty. The campus is pleasant, the students are motivated and overall a good group.
great learning environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 24, 2017
As a research assistant compensation was manly a letter of recommendation. Lab was fun and easy going soloing as you were productive and could produce results by deadline.
Pros
amazing for medical school
Cons
no pay
Challenging Environment
Assistant Dean (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 10, 2017
Worked at QU for 14 years. As University grew became a very challenging place to work. Student enrollment grew substantially and staff positions were cut yet expected to do more and be innovative. Became a different place to work overnight
Cons
no focus on staff
A great place to learn.
IT Specialist/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 13, 2017
As a student, working for school while studying can be very rewarding. I worked for the STAR program, which stood for Student Technology Academic Resource. It is the IT support for students and faculty. If you're savvy with computers and want some experience in customer service, this is a good program to work for as a student. If you're studying computer science, even better.
Exciting place to work with great environment and career advancement opportunities
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 9, 2017
I have truly enjoyed my time at Quinnipiac. The people are great, it's growing rapidly, management (in my department) provided excellent direction and were extremely accommodating and there are a number of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Management, work-life balance, creative
Cons
Can be bureaucratic and slow-moving at times.
fun working establishment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 30, 2017
it was a very touching experience you were allowed to learn four new fields and I was able to learn each one within two day and multitasking is keykey.
Pros
free lunches, positive attitude
Cons
drama around workers, hated cleaninf while on the clock
Fun and cooperative society in the workplace
Referee (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 16, 2017
A typical day at work includes setting up and taking down each court after all games are played and ref the games.
This job helped me develop stronger communication, team building, leadership, and organization skills.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Late night shifts
Fun and awesome boss
Equipment Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 13, 2017
My boss was super funny and cool. As long as you got the job done and didn't mess up, she was pretty chill. Depending on the hours that you worked in the equipment room, it was either incredibly busy or not busy at all.
its nice
properly assist their healing (Current Employee) –  CTR Moriches, NYApril 18, 2017
its my school, i like it, nice place, expensive i really dont want to write anything in here but it is forcing me to, so here i am. lol this is dumb v dumn
Pleasant place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 22, 2017
Quinnipiac is a very pleasant place to work. From the exquisite campus to the collegiate atmosphere, it is a very progressive institution on its way to national and international recognition.
Horrible mangement and annoying college students
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 16, 2017
The food is terrible as well as the management. Having to deal with bratty drunk college students can also make the job less enjoyable. My coworkers however were amazing
Not a great place for a student worker
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 7, 2017
I worked for Quinnipiac University as a student worker for the facilities department for four summers and they do not treat the students with very much respect. Most of the time the students end up doing more work than the actual workers and are paid significantly less.
upon graduation expected FT, only PT available
DNP class, lab, clinical nursing instructor (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTDecember 23, 2016
Earning my DNP with a 3.9 GPA was a false reassurance that I would get a FT position. On-line program was great experience but then when found out couldn't get a job there with my credentials, lost motivation and became disillusioned about entire DNP program and promises made. $30,000 owed and unsure how to pay off!
Enjoy working with BSN students in lab and clinical. Would love to be in the classroom and prove that I am a great educator. Only got to be in lab and clinical for 10-12 weeks at a time with small groups.
Qu
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 3, 2016
Great university that is constantly trying to improve in all areas (academics, athletics, etc.). Small school but will continue to grow and with great staff and students.
Lack of leadership
Server and shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  275 mount Carmel Hamden ctOctober 4, 2016
I've been there for three years some supervisor are good leader but you have some that makes it hard for people to stay you don't have the right people in the right jobs so you have people doing two and three jobs because lack of supervision but for myself Im a team player and always help out when needed
Pros
Always busy time go by guick
Cons
Sometimes lack of leadership
Positive work environment
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 24, 2016
Everyone is great to work with from lower level workers to higher up personal. Working here developed my soft skills further by interacting with multiple types of personalities.
Perfect place to work if they got rid of the Union
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 25, 2016
Top quality faculty, beautiful campus and a retirement package that can't be topped. Unfortunately, clerical positions are required to be part of a Union that limits room for growth. Copy room clerks with high school diplomas are paid the same amount as Secretaries who have degrees and years of job experience. Clerical job descriptions are horribly outdated and inaccurate. I would never consider leaving this position if it weren't for the Union which seems to hold growth back rather than promote it. Compensation does not match the job requirements, through no fault of Quinnipiac University who offers free education to all staff (union or not) able to pass the courses.
Pros
Tuition waiver, beautiful campus, brilliant faculty
Cons
clerical required to join Union
Human resource information systems professional
HRIS/Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 15, 2016
Developed and supported employee data and environments to deliver internal and external services. Directed projects and information services to a faculty and staff population of over 2,000. Managed applications, infrastructure, operational continuity, data communications, and system support. Performed hands-on development and provided technical leadership for best practice requirements, applications development and database development and support.