Quinsigamond Community College Employee Reviews

Incoming call switchboard operator
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 17, 2017
Worked as incoming call switchboard operator for local community college Quinsigamond Community College. Referred all calls to appropriate departments
Cons
temporary work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
It is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed and work schedules are flexible. If you love helping students and enjoy teaching, this is the place for you.
Teaching Network Course
Network Class Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
I was a part time teacher and I had a network course and a lab which takes two nights (6 hours) each week. Had a good time with the students there. One of my student got the Cisco certificate after he completed my classes.
Very departmentalized
Information Technology Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2017
Interesting place to work will the different departments you get exposed to a lot of different things. From professors, Dr's, Dentists and students. Management was good and fair.
a good place to start your education.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 30, 2017
qcc is place where anyone can feel comfortable, open minded but also not quite up to spped with their system but other than that is a great place for amd education or a job.
Provide Support and Development for Document Imaging Software
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 19, 2016
Support and Development for Document Imaging Software. Always learning anything associated with the software. Co-workers are very supportive. Hardest part is supporting too much technology. The most enjoyable part is the development of new processes and not just support.
Rewarding
Student Support Tutor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 17, 2016
I had my first tutoring job at Quinisgamond Community College. It was the most rewarding job that I ever had. When I was helping students to understand and enjoy math that is when I knew I love helping others in particular to understand math. Most importantly easing their anxiety and making them that they are not in this took me to a new level of happiness and peace.
lack of communication
librarian Quinsigamond Community College (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 15, 2016
horrible management, no communication, when there is conversations they are completely irrelevant to working matters. only descent aspect is the schedule
Pros
school schedule
Cons
lack of communication
Cashier
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 8, 2016
I barely got any hours to work. So much work but barely got good checks. I never worked more then 10 hours a week. They would call me randomly on my days off to come in for a 3 hour shift.
Pros
Once I got a certian amount of sales I would get bonus's.
Cons
Never got breaks. no more then 10 hrs a week.
Great would get to use the college indoor pool at ni
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 22, 2016
This was a part-time job while I was attending college. I held this job for three years working part-time during school and full-time during the vacations. This was a wonderful job I had a great boss and the staff were great people. My duties were typical for a one person office correspondence, scheduling, answer phones, taking care of mail and any other duties requested. A number of the employees were veterans and they would often stop and talk about their expierences during the war. I found these stories to be very interesting and thought provoking war is not pretty! I had my own office and my boss' office was directly across from me, so I was basically by myself the majority of the time.
Pros
good pay, good people
Cons
just during college
Great Place to work as an undergrad
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 2, 2016
I worked here during my undergraduate degree and liked that starting off I made higher than minimum wage alternatives. Most of the staff and faculty are truly nice people and were a pleasure to work with. The only thing about my position was that after several years of increasing work load there, I was denied even a small raise and the amount of hours given were minimal.
Pros
Snow Days, Holidays
Cons
Pay, Underworked
A fun place to work.
Dining Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 8, 2015
A typical day of work is very busy. Maintained the cleanliness of the Student and Faculty dining halls. I learned to be independent as well as work well with other co-workers.

Work and Home responsibilities were 5 stars.
The Pay was awesome! 5 stars.
Job Security was awesome! 5 stars
Management was awesome! 5 stars
Job Culture was awesome and great! 5 stars
Pros
Free lunches and great relationships.
Excellent School
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Communication and Skills CenterJune 23, 2015
QCC is an excellent starting school for anyone working toward their degree. In addition, it's a wonderful place to work, with flexible hours and superb supervisory staff.
Convienent school/work balance
Student Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed being a note-taker at QCC, I was there going to school and I was working too, all within my own schedule. The staff was great and the opportunity to learn or get a preview of classes I planned on taking was time well spent.
Pros
Convienence
Cons
Short duration
Qcc
Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Great students, driven candidates, supportive on-site staff. Engaging online-community of students and peers, who push each other to achieve academical goals.
Excellent Place
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 8, 2014
I learned my trade and career of Dental Hygiene here. The professors were amazing and curriculum covered many aspects of Dental Hygiene. They were accommodating and understanding if any life event came up. The workload was hard but with my classmates we overcame it and became one of the largest graduating classes. The part I enjoyed most was the Clinical days, working with the patients. Putting everything I learned into practice an helping people to learn and take care of their teeth.
Schooling
Student (Current Employee) –  Holden, MAJune 5, 2014
Great place to go to school to figure out what you want to do. Faculty was all nice and supportive.
Enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunities for learning
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester MAJanuary 10, 2014
Only part time work available with no benefits due to limited state budget, but encourages people to gain what experience they can and move on to better opportunities.
Learned a lot about networking security technology as applied to a campus environment with both students and faculty/staff needs, as well as diverse applications used by the different populations.
Coworkers are supportive of teaching new technologies and their related troubleshooting requirements.
While the tough part of the job is dealing with the vastly different levels of expertise of clients and their different expectation levels, resolving their issues or squeaking an extra year's lifetime out of a piece of equipment can be rewarding.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, foster self-management of time and assignments
Cons
Only part time work available with no benefits, little or no opportunity to become full time.
Great for Adjuncts!
Adjunct Professor of Computer Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 11, 2013
I've been at QCC for two years and love it. I go in, teach my classes, deal with my students and leave. During the semester, my students are my only care - with little outside interference from the dean or anyone else.

Pay for Adjuncts isn't great - but if this is a moonlighting position, its not bad. Adjuncts are union, so the more experience teaching you have, the more you get paid.

The thing I love most about QCC is that I am not sucked into "College politics" that plague other schools. I just teach - and thats all I want to do!
Summer Job
Temporary Kitchen Position (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Working at the college was fun. It actually inspired me to inquire about going to school there. It was a great summer job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinsigamond Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2