Quinsigamond Community College

Quinsigamond Community College Employee Reviews

Convienent school/work balance
Student Support Staff (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Convienence
Cons: Short duration
I enjoyed being a note-taker at QCC, I was there going to school and I was working too, all within my own schedule. The staff was great and the opportunity to learn or get a preview of classes I planned on taking was time well spent.
QCC
Professor (Current Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Great students, driven candidates, supportive on-site staff. Engaging online-community of students and peers, who push each other to achieve academical goals.
Excellent Place
Clinical Intern (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 8, 2014
I learned my trade and career of Dental Hygiene here. The professors were amazing and curriculum covered many aspects of Dental Hygiene. They were accommodating and understanding if any life event came up. The workload was hard but with my classmates we overcame it and became one of the largest graduating classes. The part I enjoyed most was the Clinical days, working with the patients. Putting everything I learned into practice an helping people to learn and take care of their teeth.
the best Job i have ever had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: awesome working environment
Cons: they're really wasn't anything wrong
when i was blessed with this position i wanted to keep this position for a lifetime. i was just living in an unbalanced home and had to move out of state.
Schooling
Student (Current Employee), Holden, MAJune 5, 2014
Great place to go to school to figure out what you want to do. Faculty was all nice and supportive.
Great for Adjuncts!
Adjunct Professor of Computer Information Systems (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 11, 2013
I've been at QCC for two years and love it. I go in, teach my classes, deal with my students and leave. During the semester, my students are my only care - with little outside interference from the dean or anyone else.

Pay for Adjuncts isn't great - but if this is a moonlighting position, its not bad. Adjuncts are union, so the more experience teaching you have, the more you get paid.

The thing I love most about QCC is that I am not sucked into "College politics" that plague other schools. I just teach - and thats all I want to do!
Summer Job
Temporary Kitchen Position (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Working at the college was fun. It actually inspired me to inquire about going to school there. It was a great summer job.
Non-Profit Public Sector Position
Student-Support Tutor (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: campus location, flexible schedule
Cons: limited staff
I am a student-support tutor, and I work with students that need help on any writing assignment. Our center works with both walk-ins and appointments. Even though I guide students, I learn a bit about myself as well as either a review of old material, or exposure to an entirely new subject. Both my manager and co-workers are immersed in the academia environment, adding to the the authentic nature of our expertise. The hardest part of my job is accommodating several students at the same time. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing a notable favorable change in the student's perspective of their assignments.
Online Business Instructor (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: distance
Great leadership, great support, been here over 12 years and great school for adults
A Community College that offers a positive experience for both student and employee.
Nurse Instructor (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 19, 2012
A great place to work, genuine and caring people who provide an excellent learning experience for their students.
Interesting and diverse
Technology Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 2, 2012
Great co-workers, managers were helpful and insightful, loved working there in my brief stay