Quinsigamond Community College Employee Reviews

Great Place to work as an undergrad
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 2, 2016
I worked here during my undergraduate degree and liked that starting off I made higher than minimum wage alternatives. Most of the staff and faculty are truly nice people and were a pleasure to work with. The only thing about my position was that after several years of increasing work load there, I was denied even a small raise and the amount of hours given were minimal.
Pros
Snow Days, Holidays
Cons
Pay, Underworked
Great would get to use the college indoor pool at ni
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 22, 2016
This was a part-time job while I was attending college. I held this job for three years working part-time during school and full-time during the vacations. This was a wonderful job I had a great boss and the staff were great people. My duties were typical for a one person office correspondence, scheduling, answer phones, taking care of mail and any other duties requested. A number of the employees were veterans and they would often stop and talk about their expierences during the war. I found these stories to be very interesting and thought provoking war is not pretty! I had my own office and my boss' office was directly across from me, so I was basically by myself the majority of the time.
Pros
good pay, good people
Cons
just during college
Cashier
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 8, 2016
I barely got any hours to work. So much work but barely got good checks. I never worked more then 10 hours a week. They would call me randomly on my days off to come in for a 3 hour shift.
Pros
Once I got a certian amount of sales I would get bonus's.
Cons
Never got breaks. no more then 10 hrs a week.
lack of communication
librarian Quinsigamond Community College (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 15, 2016
horrible management, no communication, when there is conversations they are completely irrelevant to working matters. only descent aspect is the schedule
Pros
school schedule
Cons
lack of communication
A fun place to work.
Dining Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 8, 2015
A typical day of work is very busy. Maintained the cleanliness of the Student and Faculty dining halls. I learned to be independent as well as work well with other co-workers.

Work and Home responsibilities were 5 stars.
The Pay was awesome! 5 stars.
Job Security was awesome! 5 stars
Management was awesome! 5 stars
Job Culture was awesome and great! 5 stars
Pros
Free lunches and great relationships.
Excellent Place
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 8, 2014
I learned my trade and career of Dental Hygiene here. The professors were amazing and curriculum covered many aspects of Dental Hygiene. They were accommodating and understanding if any life event came up. The workload was hard but with my classmates we overcame it and became one of the largest graduating classes. The part I enjoyed most was the Clinical days, working with the patients. Putting everything I learned into practice an helping people to learn and take care of their teeth.
Great for Adjuncts!
Adjunct Professor of Computer Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 11, 2013
I've been at QCC for two years and love it. I go in, teach my classes, deal with my students and leave. During the semester, my students are my only care - with little outside interference from the dean or anyone else.

Pay for Adjuncts isn't great - but if this is a moonlighting position, its not bad. Adjuncts are union, so the more experience teaching you have, the more you get paid.

The thing I love most about QCC is that I am not sucked into "College politics" that plague other schools. I just teach - and thats all I want to do!
Non-Profit Public Sector Position
Student-Support Tutor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 1, 2013
I am a student-support tutor, and I work with students that need help on any writing assignment. Our center works with both walk-ins and appointments. Even though I guide students, I learn a bit about myself as well as either a review of old material, or exposure to an entirely new subject. Both my manager and co-workers are immersed in the academia environment, adding to the the authentic nature of our expertise. The hardest part of my job is accommodating several students at the same time. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing a notable favorable change in the student's perspective of their assignments.
Pros
campus location, flexible schedule
Cons
limited staff
Convienent school/work balance
Student Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed being a note-taker at QCC, I was there going to school and I was working too, all within my own schedule. The staff was great and the opportunity to learn or get a preview of classes I planned on taking was time well spent.
Pros
Convienence
Cons
Short duration
Excellent School
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Communication and Skills CenterJune 23, 2015
QCC is an excellent starting school for anyone working toward their degree. In addition, it's a wonderful place to work, with flexible hours and superb supervisory staff.
the best Job i have ever had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 11, 2014
when i was blessed with this position i wanted to keep this position for a lifetime. i was just living in an unbalanced home and had to move out of state.
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
they're really wasn't anything wrong
Qcc
Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Great students, driven candidates, supportive on-site staff. Engaging online-community of students and peers, who push each other to achieve academical goals.
A Community College that offers a positive experience for both student and employee.
Nurse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 19, 2012
A great place to work, genuine and caring people who provide an excellent learning experience for their students.
Online Business Instructor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 8, 2012
Great leadership, great support, been here over 12 years and great school for adults
Pros
flexibility
Cons
distance
Summer Job
Temporary Kitchen Position (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Working at the college was fun. It actually inspired me to inquire about going to school there. It was a great summer job.
Interesting and diverse
Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 2, 2012
Great co-workers, managers were helpful and insightful, loved working there in my brief stay
Schooling
Student (Current Employee) –  Holden, MAJune 5, 2014
Great place to go to school to figure out what you want to do. Faculty was all nice and supportive.

4.2