QuinStreet

QuinStreet United States Employee Reviews

Great place depending on your team
Vertical Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: health benefits, free coffee, snacks, sodas, occasional free lunches
Cons: can burn out depending on team
People usually start coming in around 930-10am. There are coffee machines, bagels/muffins depending on the day, cereal, toast, etc. for breakfast. For the most part, everyone is willing to help you out if you have a question and take time out of their day to train you. I was on a really busy team and the toughest part was not having enough hours in the day. There are a lot of young people here that are cool and great to hang out with.

What it comes down is your team. If you love your team/manager and you are generating revenue, you're more inclined to stay then the other teams that are not profitable.
Managers can be fine , Team Leads not so much
Marketing Operations Associate (Current Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers. casual dress. free snacks.
Cons: management can be a little disengaged.
Co-workers are generally good people. My boss and I got along well and he was certainly knowledgeable about certain products,etc. Unfortunately he was often stretched incredibly thin, so he wasn't always readily available. This led to a "Team Lead" who can best be described as abrasive (kind description) who liked to play favorites, overseeing my tasks. While I accomplished more work than other team members, that was consistently downplayed.
job applicants beware
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free food, cheap health insurance
Cons: unclear expectations, terrible products, clueless management
I was recruited to join quinstreet as a business development associate for their home services division in beaverton oregon. That was by far the biggest mistake I had ever made. I was reeled into working for a company which seemed a great move but after joining Quinstreet I could see first hand how disorganized and dysfunctional the company was, not to mention how far they lagged behind the competition. In addition, two months after I was hired, I was slapped with a quota with which was never disclosed to me when I was hired and was unattainable. In addition, most prospects I had come across in this position either had no interest in working with quinstreet and their less than stellar product offerings, or had bad experiences with them previously.

In short, I would classify this company as approaching prospective employees as a "wolf in sheep's clothing". I had never been as miserable working for a company as I had for quinstreet as well as taking threats and verbal abuse from my supervisor, and whomever accepts the bus dev job will undoubtedly be nate koenigsfeld's whipping boy.
Relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 1, 2014
Pros: free food, soda vending machine, tea, monthly incentives, 15 minute breaks, do whatever you want in between calls
Cons: very repetitive, feel like a robot sometimes due to scripting.
A typical day at work would be coming in and getting everything ready at your cubical. Check e-mails, (since rules & guidelines) seem to change every other day or weekly). You'd have to be on the phone when your shift starts. Following a script on the phones for 2hrs and get a 15 min break. Another 2-3 hrs and you get a lunch. Depending on what schedule you get, your lunch can be 30 minutes or an hour. Didn't really learn much except to keep quiet when customers yell at you. I just applied my skills to the job where I acquired from my previous jobs and it turned out okay. Headsets were outdated and difficult to hear through. Management was laid back but were not aligned with other management in the center. They always seem to be on different pages. Co-workers were all nice. Hardest part of the job had to be dealing with rude customers but keeping a positive attitude helped with that, so it didn't really bother me too much. Most enjoyable part of the job had to be that it was laid back and not sales aggressive.
A Very Busy Place to work for
Admin Assistant,Web Media Productor,Report Analyst (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: bagel tuesdays, pantry always stocked with food, and on-site dry cleaning service.
Cons: i was a contractor
What I learned from this workplace, is that it is great to get experience, unfortunately, I was a contractor, so I did not get to advance in this work place like I wanted to. The atmosphere here was very laid back.
Avoid Working Here
Vertical Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: see review
- Management: frequently former consultants are running the show, inexperienced in the industry, continually and often unskillfully pivoting organization to hide their own inadequacies/justify why they are there– it’s the game they play and makes for frustrated and employees who often leave shortly after being hired.
- Extremely poor culture: employees just don’t stick around once they experience how things are run here. Strong work/collaborative relationships are not to be found here as people just do not stay. Disruption and lack of focus is the norm. There is no life/work balance. They work you to the bone …which would fine if the above weren’t true and the pay was better.
- Don't take my word for it; I would encourage anyone considering working at QS to talk with current and former employees to get their perspective.
Didn't provide employees with the tools to effectively perform the job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Tigard, ORSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: free vending machine
Equipment and software was constantly malfunctioning. Managers were unprofessional and talked about employees to other employees.

QuinStreet Salaries