QuinStreet Employee Reviews

Easy going and fun
Education advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 2, 2015
I love working for this company. The coworkers are all friendly and the work itself is very straightforward. They let you know as frequently as you like about how you are doing and what skills you need to improve on which I really appreciate. It's also nice having your own space and not having to stare at your coworkers all day long.
Fun workplace but poor management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 28, 2015
QuinStreet as a company has a very positive, supportive, and fun culture. Their health benefits in particular are excellent and extremely affordable. I absolutely loved interacting with my co-workers and I had some flexibility to manage my own team with my personal style. The management, however, leaves something to be desired... when I was there the management was very inexperienced and constantly made changes that were not based around employee feedback or common sense. I felt constantly criticized, undervalued, and condescended by all levels of management above me. This coupled with a mere 5 days of vacation time built up a lot of stress for me and drove me to leave. Additionally, while the company does have higher ethical standards than other telemarking companies, QuinStreet does to some extent manipulate its customer base through shady sales techniques. I was no longer comfortable working there after two years and I have been very happy elsewhere, even if I do have to pay more for health insurance. I know that the Oregon office of QuinStreet is run somewhat differently than the rest of the company, so things will probably be better for you if you work in a different office.
Pros
Inexpensive health insurance, stocked kitchen, fun work environment
Cons
Very little vacation time, inexperienced management and constant changes
Solid internship opportunity to gain entry-level skills.
Media Associate and Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 8, 2015
- CEO sits among the rest of us
- co-workers are productive and very skillful in their roles
- seasonal ping pong tournament
Monotonous call center with high turnover and poor policy choices.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 26, 2015
The best thing about this place is its where I met my girlfriend. Other than that I honestly have nothing good to say about it.
Pros
Free soda.
Cons
Everything else.
Happy to be at office
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 10, 2015
I start my day checking the emails,reply back to the emails which needs my input.Attend scrum meeting discuss the tasks done previous day,what will I do today and any blockage in finishing the task. Prioritize my tasks if anything comes up all of a sudden and start working on it to complete the task.Quinstreet is an online marketing company so we see production issues ,I talk to business team and my manager trouble shoot the issue and report to developer.
At quinstreet learned to do multiple tasks in a single day apart from working on my regular tasks.It is a very complex project where the consumers are connected to one end and the insurance carriers are integrated to an other end. where we work on multiple things like webservices testing,backend testing,looking into server logs,database verification.
The enjoyable part is we work and have fun talk with my co workers which makes me relaxing ,go out for lunch once a week.
Pros
games, lunches
Cons
layoffs
Great place depending on your team
Vertical Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 19, 2015
People usually start coming in around 930-10am. There are coffee machines, bagels/muffins depending on the day, cereal, toast, etc. for breakfast. For the most part, everyone is willing to help you out if you have a question and take time out of their day to train you. I was on a really busy team and the toughest part was not having enough hours in the day. There are a lot of young people here that are cool and great to hang out with.

What it comes down is your team. If you love your team/manager and you are generating revenue, you're more inclined to stay then the other teams that are not profitable.
Pros
health benefits, free coffee, snacks, sodas, occasional free lunches
Cons
can burn out depending on team
Managers can be fine , Team Leads not so much
Marketing Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Co-workers are generally good people. My boss and I got along well and he was certainly knowledgeable about certain products,etc. Unfortunately he was often stretched incredibly thin, so he wasn't always readily available. This led to a "Team Lead" who can best be described as abrasive (kind description) who liked to play favorites, overseeing my tasks. While I accomplished more work than other team members, that was consistently downplayed.
Pros
nice co-workers. casual dress. free snacks.
Cons
management can be a little disengaged.
job applicants beware
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 14, 2014
I was recruited to join quinstreet as a business development associate for their home services division in beaverton oregon. That was by far the biggest mistake I had ever made. I was reeled into working for a company which seemed a great move but after joining Quinstreet I could see first hand how disorganized and dysfunctional the company was, not to mention how far they lagged behind the competition. In addition, two months after I was hired, I was slapped with a quota with which was never disclosed to me when I was hired and was unattainable. In addition, most prospects I had come across in this position either had no interest in working with quinstreet and their less than stellar product offerings, or had bad experiences with them previously.

In short, I would classify this company as approaching prospective employees as a "wolf in sheep's clothing". I had never been as miserable working for a company as I had for quinstreet as well as taking threats and verbal abuse from my supervisor, and whomever accepts the bus dev job will undoubtedly be nate koenigsfeld's whipping boy.
Pros
free food, cheap health insurance
Cons
unclear expectations, terrible products, clueless management
Relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in and getting everything ready at your cubical. Check e-mails, (since rules & guidelines) seem to change every other day or weekly). You'd have to be on the phone when your shift starts. Following a script on the phones for 2hrs and get a 15 min break. Another 2-3 hrs and you get a lunch. Depending on what schedule you get, your lunch can be 30 minutes or an hour. Didn't really learn much except to keep quiet when customers yell at you. I just applied my skills to the job where I acquired from my previous jobs and it turned out okay. Headsets were outdated and difficult to hear through. Management was laid back but were not aligned with other management in the center. They always seem to be on different pages. Co-workers were all nice. Hardest part of the job had to be dealing with rude customers but keeping a positive attitude helped with that, so it didn't really bother me too much. Most enjoyable part of the job had to be that it was laid back and not sales aggressive.
Pros
free food, soda vending machine, tea, monthly incentives, 15 minute breaks, do whatever you want in between calls
Cons
very repetitive, feel like a robot sometimes due to scripting.
A Very Busy Place to work for
Admin Assistant,Web Media Productor,Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 11, 2013
What I learned from this workplace, is that it is great to get experience, unfortunately, I was a contractor, so I did not get to advance in this work place like I wanted to. The atmosphere here was very laid back.
Pros
bagel tuesdays, pantry always stocked with food, and on-site dry cleaning service.
Cons
i was a contractor
Didn't provide employees with the tools to effectively perform the job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 7, 2012
Equipment and software was constantly malfunctioning. Managers were unprofessional and talked about employees to other employees.
Pros
free vending machine

2.7