QuinStreet Employee Reviews

terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 18, 2017
typical day was awful, the management was poor, rules and the way things worked would change daily then we would get in trouble because they would implement a new system and makes us learn withing a couple days and expect us to be perfect. constantly getting screamed at for cold calling people. borderline unethical because we lied our way through a call in order to get a lead.
Was good but got worse over time.
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 11, 2017
There was a good environment with many perks to begin with when I started working there. As time went on and the company got worse and worse mostly due to poor management and less focus on the quality of work and more of a focus on quantity. This eventually led to an overwhelming workload with not much to show for.
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 22, 2017
you sit in a cubicle all day and call people and try to get them signed up to further their education. During training they made it sound like it wouldnt be so bad for outbound calls but a lot of the people hit the button by mistake so you get yelled at a lot
Business in Decline
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 15, 2016
QuinStreet is a good place to get experience in a new field, but there isn't much room for growth there. With the recent downturn in their business and mass layoffs, the outlook for finding a job here is poor.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
Little room for growth, mass layoffs
Fun Work place
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
Nice Managers Fun atmosphere Real Easy Great Overall An Excellent Job To Me Excellent co workers Quiet environment Made You Feel right at home
Pros
everything
Former customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 24, 2016
Worst company i have ever worked for. They payed me 15 an hour but were extremely unorganized and the management was terrible and rude. The only good thing about this place was the people i sat next to everyday and made close friends. I absolutely despise the way they make the company sound and appear. Because once your not new and they get to know you and you try to be a part of the management. They find any reason to fire you or are out to get you. Terrible company.
Pros
15 minute breaks, co-workers.
Cons
Everything else!
Easy going and fun
Education advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 2, 2015
I love working for this company. The coworkers are all friendly and the work itself is very straightforward. They let you know as frequently as you like about how you are doing and what skills you need to improve on which I really appreciate. It's also nice having your own space and not having to stare at your coworkers all day long.
Fun workplace but poor management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 28, 2015
QuinStreet as a company has a very positive, supportive, and fun culture. Their health benefits in particular are excellent and extremely affordable. I absolutely loved interacting with my co-workers and I had some flexibility to manage my own team with my personal style. The management, however, leaves something to be desired... when I was there the management was very inexperienced and constantly made changes that were not based around employee feedback or common sense. I felt constantly criticized, undervalued, and condescended by all levels of management above me. This coupled with a mere 5 days of vacation time built up a lot of stress for me and drove me to leave. Additionally, while the company does have higher ethical standards than other telemarking companies, QuinStreet does to some extent manipulate its customer base through shady sales techniques. I was no longer comfortable working there after two years and I have been very happy elsewhere, even if I do have to pay more for health insurance. I know that the Oregon office of QuinStreet is run somewhat differently than the rest of the company, so things will probably be better for you if you work in a different office.
Pros
Inexpensive health insurance, stocked kitchen, fun work environment
Cons
Very little vacation time, inexperienced management and constant changes
Solid internship opportunity to gain entry-level skills.
Media Associate and Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 8, 2015
- CEO sits among the rest of us
- co-workers are productive and very skillful in their roles
- seasonal ping pong tournament
Monotonous call center with high turnover and poor policy choices.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 26, 2015
The best thing about this place is its where I met my girlfriend. Other than that I honestly have nothing good to say about it.
Pros
Free soda.
Cons
Everything else.
Happy to be at office
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 10, 2015
I start my day checking the emails,reply back to the emails which needs my input.Attend scrum meeting discuss the tasks done previous day,what will I do today and any blockage in finishing the task. Prioritize my tasks if anything comes up all of a sudden and start working on it to complete the task.Quinstreet is an online marketing company so we see production issues ,I talk to business team and my manager trouble shoot the issue and report to developer.
At quinstreet learned to do multiple tasks in a single day apart from working on my regular tasks.It is a very complex project where the consumers are connected to one end and the insurance carriers are integrated to an other end. where we work on multiple things like webservices testing,backend testing,looking into server logs,database verification.
The enjoyable part is we work and have fun talk with my co workers which makes me relaxing ,go out for lunch once a week.
Pros
games, lunches
Cons
layoffs
Great place depending on your team
Vertical Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 19, 2015
People usually start coming in around 930-10am. There are coffee machines, bagels/muffins depending on the day, cereal, toast, etc. for breakfast. For the most part, everyone is willing to help you out if you have a question and take time out of their day to train you. I was on a really busy team and the toughest part was not having enough hours in the day. There are a lot of young people here that are cool and great to hang out with.

What it comes down is your team. If you love your team/manager and you are generating revenue, you're more inclined to stay then the other teams that are not profitable.
Pros
Health benefits, free coffee, snacks, sodas, occasional free lunches
Cons
Can burn out depending on team
job applicants beware
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 14, 2014
I was recruited to join quinstreet as a business development associate for their home services division in beaverton oregon. That was by far the biggest mistake I had ever made. I was reeled into working for a company which seemed a great move but after joining Quinstreet I could see first hand how disorganized and dysfunctional the company was, not to mention how far they lagged behind the competition. In addition, two months after I was hired, I was slapped with a quota with which was never disclosed to me when I was hired and was unattainable. In addition, most prospects I had come across in this position either had no interest in working with quinstreet and their less than stellar product offerings, or had bad experiences with them previously.

In short, I would classify this company as approaching prospective employees as a "wolf in sheep's clothing". I had never been as miserable working for a company as I had for quinstreet as well as taking threats and verbal abuse from my supervisor, and whomever accepts the bus dev job will undoubtedly be nate koenigsfeld's whipping boy.
Pros
free food, cheap health insurance
Cons
unclear expectations, terrible products, clueless management
A Very Busy Place to work for
Admin Assistant,Web Media Productor,Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 11, 2013
What I learned from this workplace, is that it is great to get experience, unfortunately, I was a contractor, so I did not get to advance in this work place like I wanted to. The atmosphere here was very laid back.
Pros
Bagel Tuesdays, Pantry always stocked with food, and on-site dry cleaning service.
Cons
I was a contractor
Avoid Working Here
Vertical Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 27, 2012
- Management: frequently former consultants are running the show, inexperienced in the industry, continually and often unskillfully pivoting organization to hide their own inadequacies/justify why they are there– it’s the game they play and makes for frustrated and employees who often leave shortly after being hired.
- Extremely poor culture: employees just don’t stick around once they experience how things are run here. Strong work/collaborative relationships are not to be found here as people just do not stay. Disruption and lack of focus is the norm. There is no life/work balance. They work you to the bone …which would fine if the above weren’t true and the pay was better.
- Don't take my word for it; I would encourage anyone considering working at QS to talk with current and former employees to get their perspective.
Pros
location
Cons
see review
Didn't provide employees with the tools to effectively perform the job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 7, 2012
Equipment and software was constantly malfunctioning. Managers were unprofessional and talked about employees to other employees.
Pros
free vending machine