Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational Employer Reviews

Quintiles allowed me to us my leadership and people skills.
Human Resources HRPSC Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCOctober 11, 2014
Quintiles is a great company to work for. I have gained experienced working as a project lead on several system projects that launched on time and successfully.

I worked closely with teams from around the world and supported line managers and other HR partners from around the world.
High paced environment with opportunities for growth and development
Senior Director, Global Learning (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 30, 2014
High paced environment with opportunities for growth and development
Associate Director (Former Employee), Home office locationSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: autonomous work; eager to listen to employees
Cons: recently cutting costs, providing jobs to lower cost countries.
Work hard and get recognized for your hard work. Fast paced, many therapeutic areas that we can work with.
Educational
Pharmacovigilance Safety Specialist (Former Employee), RTP, NCSeptember 18, 2014
A great learning experience.
Enjoyed the co-workers
Respected the management staff
A nice place for a temp assignment, interesting work, nice people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: overall, the company does interesting work
Cons: the project itself would have been too repetitive if it had been full time, yet it was nice as a temp. project
I enjoyed the temporary project I worked on and the extra assignments I was given during down time. Everyone was nice to work with. The supervisors, managers and co-workers were nice.
I loved the people i worked with.
Sr. Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: questionable work ethics
My job was very challenging and I loved the people.
I needed a career change.
nice culture great people, no stability
Sr. Global IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Kansas CitySeptember 13, 2014
nice culture great people, no stability, outsourcing to other countries,
This is where your soul goes to die
Regulatory & Start Up (Former Employee), 66211August 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: everything else
Things overhead at the Q:

"If you met your goal, obviously it wasn't challenging enough so we are increasing the target"

"I was up until 2:00 am and I still have barely made a dent in my to-do list!"

"I had to call IT to get my email storage increased. Again. I am getting over 100 emails a day and I can't keep up."

"Your job is safe. We just aren't – more... going to be back-filling any positions in the US anymore."

"How nice that you get to each lunch. I haven't taken a lunch in 2 months."

(while crying) "I can't do this job anymore . . . I tried applying to a total of 5 other jobs within the Q in the last 8 months and I always hear that I either have too much, or not enough experience."

"I'm calling out sick just so I can work offline and get caught up on work without having to worry about replying to emails or answering the phone." – less
Great Stepping Stone for advancement in pharma
Oncology clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
This company provided me with a framework for developing skills necessary to work in the pharmaceutical industry
Contract Service Organization
Primary Care Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: contract
Cons: contract ended
Field Sales
Customer Focused
Contract was not renewed
Great Products
High Level of Sales Experience was a bonus with my background
promoted insulin and insomnia mediation for two parent company contracts
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 28, 2014
Promoted insulin and insomnia medication to primary care physicians throughout Wisconsin and Michigan within team environment.

Learned how insulin plays a role in diabetes and reluctance to comply and use to achieve blood sugar control.

Learned how physicians perceive treating insomnia and benefits of sleep aid catered to patients with middle of the – more... night awakening.

Many coworkers overlap within each of the 3 geographies which was challenging to coordinate.

Many physicians were reluctant to use branded product when generic alternative available.

Most enjoyable was when physician gave positive feedback of patient success using insulin or improved sleep. – less
Great in the beginning; lousy at end
Senor Clinical Trials Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: individual project teams i worked with
Cons: management unresponsive and no career advancement
Great environment when started; benefits okay, pay wasn't competitive. No opportunity for advancement and management unresponsive. Over worked and line manager knew it. Would not provide help. Could not wait to get out.
This company has morphed from a quality oriented company to all about the bottom dollar since going public.
Clinical Project Manager (Current Employee), RTPJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits - supplemental benefits ( insurance)
Cons: does not pay industry comparable salaries to employees other than cras.
Managing clinical trials in several therapeutic areas. Serving as liaison with Pharmaceutical Sponsors.
Very Busy Environment
Project Coordinator/Admin. Assistant (Former Employee), MariettaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: has a cafe
Cons: unorganized
Quintiles is for anyone who loves a high stress environment. It has great potential for advancement for go getters
Good place for growth
Senior Clinical Trials Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 18, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Quintiles. I have learned a great deal about managing sites and dealing with different personalities. I would say that the hardest part of the job can be navigating the different channels of communication, which can lead to a message being clouded. I have enjoyed learning and being able to grow and develop.
Nice looking building from the outside.................
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: culture
Not so nice on the inside, culture not what I expected, would probably not want to work there again
Project Manager experience as an intern
Intern IT Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 11, 2014
Expected to do the job of a Project Manager at the salary of an intern.
Supportive and technology driven
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJune 11, 2014
A great company to work for. I traveled and monitored less experience CRAs in additional to CRA daily activities. I had the opportunity to sign less experience CRA off to perform on their own while providing monitoring tool.
Competitive leader in CSO industry, flexible, compensation may not be competitive
Records Management Associate I (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 14, 2014
Pros: location, cafeteria, easy parking, exercise facility
Cons: short breaks, contractor status, low pay, no private work space
A typical day is not stressful, but engaging and self directed. I have learned multiple facet of the CSO industry and what's required in running a clinical trial, some requirements are mandated by FDA while other requirements may be sponsor driven.

Co-workers are supportive, somewhat different from management.

The toughest part is continuously performing – more... entry level work, when my skillset and experience is at masters level.

I enjoy the consistency of processes, the people and the ability to do some Quality Checks on work that is assigned to me. – less
Great training
Clinical Study Manager (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 9, 2014
Been ages - but was a great company to learn and grow with.
Don't know if they are still around - hope so.

1 2 3 4 5

About Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it helps pharmaceutical, – Read more