Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational Employer Reviews

Great Place to work, very good work environment.
Lab Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 3, 2014
Pros: people and very friendly
Cons: n/a
Great Place to work, very good work environment. People are friendly and helpful.
Quintiles is challenged to meet the high expectations and demands of the pharmaceutical companies they work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the ability to occasionally work from home. great benefits. good pay scale.
Cons: job insecurity.
* Typical day as Administrative Assistant: Fast paced environment. But I enjoyed the variety of work. I worked diligently to meet deadlines from multiple staff members.
* Typical day as a Clinical Trial Assistant: My typical day as a Clinical Trial Assistant was generally determined in advance. I knew what I needed to do each morning. It was predictable – more... in that I could bookmark where I left off on a file review and resume it the following morning. There were usually no variations in my day other than the occasional impromptu meeting.
* What I learned: I enriched my knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular, with Excel. Time Management - I kept a task list in Outlook so I knew what I accomplished as well as notating outstanding tasks. Through my job, I became extremely organized and able to shift my workload priorities as needed.My Administrative Assistant position was very challenging and my manager was a superior mentor.
* Management staff members were professional and respectful to me. For the most part, they were easy to work with!
* I truly enjoyed my co-workers at Quintiles and was able to interact with different levels of management and staff.
* The hardest part of my job would be spending too much time doing someone else's work when I should teach them how so they would be self sufficient. An excellent example of this would be preparing expense reports for staff. When I started at Quintiles, the admins were expected to prepare and submit expense reports for all staff. In time,there was a determination that it was more efficient for the employee to prepare and submit their own expenses. It was difficult for me to turn employees away as I knew they were just as busy as myself.
* The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to interact with staff, interview candidates on a global scale. – less
Quintiles
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2014
Excellent contract company for pharmaceutical representatives.
Quintiles is very professional, provides fanatastic training and over all is great to work for.
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 5, 2014
Cons: the timing of one contract ending and another beginning is not always cohesive.
The training cannot be beat! Very organized, highly informative and professional. Quintiles definitely prepares employees to be ready to start each job, provides the tools needed to promote success and follows up in a supportive manner to assess progress and individual employee success..
Quintiles Transnational
Associate Data Analyst (Current Employee), Marietta, GeorgiaMarch 2, 2014
I enjoy working for Quintiles, but I am looking for job opportunites in Chicago, Ill.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 24, 2014
Good work life balance, great managers, and great co workers
Good position, but it was a short contract
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), HoustonFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great manager
Cons: had a lot of driving and heavy lifting
I had a large territory, calling mainly on pediatricians . It was a fun job and the doctors were always happy to see me.
Project Management, Technology, Training, Team Management, Financials
Responsibilities as Associate Manager (Current Employee), BangloreJanuary 29, 2014
• Managing Team of 15 Medical Data reviewers ( MBBS, MD, B Pharms)
• Involved in Leading studies under RBM initiative

 Project Management
• Acting as Project Manager for trails using RBM methodology for Pharma client
• Resourcing and Portfolio Management for new Clients
• Assist in defining Data Cleaning methodologies across Levels
• Assist in Finalisation – more... of Medical checks based for trials if needed
• Recruitment of staff on regular basis
• Defining Operational Metrics

 Technology
• Assist in defining customizations / development needs for tools used in projects
• Ensuring successful implementations of Tools within Operations team

• Review and Provide inputs for finalisation of Process Training Materials
• Ensure Staff is well trained before Project Go Live

 Team Management
• Conduct performance reviews for Team
• Regular feedback sessions for providing developmental growth needs of Team
• Propose Promotions and Terminations

 Financials
• Review and provide Inputs on Contracts
• Assist in defining Budgets – less
Wished for more leadership roles and opportunities.
Sr. CRA III (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: decent work-life balance
I wished for more leadership roles. I have been geared toward ultimately being a Lead CRA. I did not have the opportunities to do so at Quintiles.
great company
Sales representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Quintiles treats their employees well.
You are always informed about everything.
Quintiles is the largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services.
Associate Medical Writing Scientist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 13, 2014
With a network of more than 28,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries, we have helped develop or commercialize all of the top 50 best selling drugs on the market. With extensive therapeutic, scientific and analytics expertise, we help biopharmaceutical and health sciences customers navigate the increasingly complex landscape – more... with more predictability to enable better outcomes. – less
Productive and good work culture
CDC (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility in work, no heirarchy, food is good
Cons: minimal salary, shift timings
Work culture at Quintiles is very good. We can learn alot if we want and people are here to share knowledge. People are always around for help. management is good and there is no heirarchy. Food is good and we can enjoy with work.
Project Services Department
Set-Up Coordinator (Former Employee), Marietta, GANovember 24, 2013
Great place to work. Friendly staff. Will train you to work on their software. Full restaurant.Gym in building. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate all day in break room with refrigerator to store lunch. one hour lunch. Lots of other benefits. Free or discounted weight watches membership. Whenever they have fire and safety drills and we had to go outside – more... they provide free ice cream bar and cold drinks while we weight.

Be prepare to sit for long hours. Lots of deadlines. They have some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies on their client list. They have numerous clients as well. Lots of paper and database work. – less
Quintiles
Records Management Associate II (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: clinical knowledge and experience
Cons: went public and laid off lots of employees
World's leading CRO, offering lots of experience and employment opportunities, they have major hubs in Overland Park Kansas, Atlanta Georgia and the head quarters based out of North Carolina.
A very busy and fast paced environment changing millions of lives for the better.
Payroll Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCNovember 16, 2013
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to work for the world’s leading provider of biopharmaceutical development services and commercial outsourcing services changing millions of lives for the better.
IT Support: Quintiles Plaza in RTP- Great place to develop a foundation
Full Time Internship (Former Employee), Durham, NCNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, clean, friendly work environment
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work would start out by walking into work about 15 - 60 minutes early. Being part of the Windows 7 upgrade project, I would send out mass emails to Quintiles Employees using a stationary template email informing them that they are ready for a Windows 7 upgrade. Shortly after, the ticket queue is checked to see the incoming schedule – more... for upgrades. I would enter them into a detailed spreadsheet. Depending on what the date was, I would print out a sheet for all users scheduled for that day. Usually I would have pre-built machines by using the PXE boot (or NIC) Quintiles Windows 7 Imaging Software from the day before. If I did not, I would check the Asset Management Database to check on their laptop make, model, hard drive, and RAM; and then create a mirror image (according to specifications) of their current laptop. Application lists from the SCCM database are created for the users being upgraded. Then they are assigned to the newly imaged computers, and are installed. I send out another email to arrange a scheduled pick up time to those who are scheduled for the day. If I do not have many upgrades for the day and complete all of the preparation work prior to the first pick up, I will check the incident queue and assign tickets to myself and resolve any pending issues. I pick up the users laptop from their desk or arrange to meet them in the lobby. Once a laptop is picked up, I decrypt the data, and start a data transfer. This can take anywhere from 2-5 hours depending on the amount of data a users has. When a laptop is finished, the old and new laptop asset tags are written down and stored for future reference. I update the Asset Management Database and ensure the user will be assigned the correct laptop. The old laptops are labeled with a date, and then are held for 2 weeks incase a user is unhappy with their upgrade; or has any missing data. I have a strict quality assurance checklist for all of my work so it is very rare for someone to ask for any information from their old laptops. The new laptops are labeled according to which building and what desk number their are. A different employee comes in early and delivers them the next morning. – less
Nice pay, managment needs major overhaul
Clinical Research Technician (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 3, 2013
Pros: insurance is good
Cons: you are just a number to them
Once Quintiles lost a few key players on the management team it went downhill.
Productive and encouraging work environment.
Associate Pharmacovigilance Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, IrelandOctober 30, 2013
Pros: subsidiesd lunchs, fun friday, great healthcare, holidays, bonuses
Cons: not many openings for promotions
I started my role in Quintiles as an entry level pharmacovigilance associate. In my year at Quintiles, I learnt a plethora of skills. I was lucky to be part of two great projects, both of which saw successful database locks. I especially liked how my work was commended and appreciated through the use of 'Thank you' awards where management and co-workers – more... could use an internal website in which my achievements were highlighted. The hardest part of the job was making deadlines and always being on top of a heavy work load. However, I enjoyed this challenge immensely. My co-workers were one of the highlights of this job. They were amazing team players. Senior level co-workers would encourage and guide me to make the right decisions for my career path. Overall, an amazing experience for a first job! We always had fun Fridays where people would organize dress up days in aid of charity. Management were also very supportive and approachable. – less
Overall, a good company to work for with excellent benefits and the opportunity for growth in your career.
Medical Writer (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: moderate to high stress level and continuous mulitasking.
As a medical writer, a typical day could include client (ie, pharmaceutical companies) meetings, internal meetings, clinical data review and analysis, as well as the main function of a writer: to author the clinical study reports from the Phase I clinical trials. These reports are ultimately published and presented to the FDA for potential further study – more... of drug, and ultimately, FDA approval of the drug for marketing. I also wrote the protocols for the studies.

The most challenging part of the job was the very tight timelines and managing multiple studies at any one time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the intellectual challenge of turning raw, clinical data into an understandable report. I also enjoyed my co-workers. – less
decent place to work.
Operations Specialist Associate Manager (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 15, 2013
Pros: onsite gym; good health care
company went public, restructuring, co-workers were good

1 2 3 4 5

About Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it helps pharmaceutical, – Read more

Quintiles Transnational Photos