Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational Employee Reviews in United States

"Fine"
Safety Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 6, 2016
I have been working at Quintiles (More than 2 years)

Advice to Management

Establish formal mentor program and follow through with it
Pros
Company has high percentage of remote employees
Cons
Horrible work life balance
Great opportunity for individuals looking to get their foot in the door
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 3, 2016
Quintiles is a place that can be a great opportunity to gain experience and get your foot in the door. It is also a great place to develop in order to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
Good company
Integrated Process Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 25, 2016
Quintiles is a great company for work/life balance as they strive on ensuring that you take care of your family. They also have flexible remote positions that work great.
Q
Clinical project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 15, 2016
Great people, management is not always aware of how processes, transition, and the clinical model and career pathway work
Pros
people, working from home, support
Cons
benefits, career growth
Great opportunity for Pharma Sales
Metabolic Specialty Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2016
Great Opportunity for Pharma Sales work for short intervals of time, i.e., contracts for one to three years. Not as much opportunity for career growth as compared to working directly with Pharma company.
Cons
Lack of career growth opportunities
An excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 8, 2016
An excellent opportunity for perspective representatives seeking to gain insight and experience in the industry & for tenured pharmaceutical representatives to continue in the pharmaceutical industry as it has evolved
Pros
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME & ENHANCING HUMAN HEALTH, TENURED PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVES MAY CONTINUE IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY AS IT HAS EVOLVED
Cons
(FOR ANYONE) CAN BE VERY UNSTABLE (FOR THE MORE TENURED) EXPECT LOWER BASES/BONUS POTENTIALS, SLIGHTLY FEWER BENEFITS AND LARGER TERRITORIES
Productive and supportive environment
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative - Diabetes (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2016
Potential for growth, excellent company. I really enjoy interacting with various md's throughout the week. Compiance is an absolute must.
Results-Driven and Focused
Site Management Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 20, 2016
very engaging company with great work/life balance. Company strives to provide a healthier world. Focused, results driven and thrives on leaving a strong global footprint
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
heavy workloads
A Great Place to Work
QA Auditor, Investigator Review (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 17, 2016
I was employed by Quintles twice and enjoyed a 25 year career here! I was silly enough to leave for another company for 18 months, but smart enough to return!
Terrible place to work- clinical science specialist- run away!
Clinical science specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 14, 2016
I'm not really sure how this organizations has so many good reviews. Management is terrible and they have a very high turnover rate. I worked here for a year and in all my years as a nurse can hands down say this was the worst job I ever had. I stuck it out thinking things would get better- I was wrong. No work life balance- managers are out of touch and expectations are unrealistic! Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!
SQA Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 9, 2016
Under constant changes to resources, Team members were committed and determined to provide the best product releases to all assigned projects.
Pros
The dynamic within teams was cordial and pleasant.
Cons
The people and hardware resources did not compliment the needs of projects assigned.
lab tech
lab tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 9, 2016
printed and labeled medical tubes
processed Pfizer medical orders
preparing medical kits
properly labeled medical tubes for kits
handled ancillary materials
Interesting but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular staff
manager (Current Employee) –  RTPMarch 2, 2016
Interesting work but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular US staff. No work life balance.

A heavy push to India offshoring. Work being moved overseas (to India) as fast as possible as well as H1B guest work visa Indians being brought in to the RTP office to replace (or not hire) Americans whereever possible.
my review
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:30 am and it is full of energy from then until 3:30pm... Granted there aren't any fires to put out (some literal and some not) my day is pretty busy... I also maintain budgets for 15 - 20 purchase orders. These purchase orders are for various vendors that we come into contact/contract with on a daily basis. I walk a 201k square foot building holding 600-650 employees... I also work closely with the security team daily.

The best part of this position is that I get to interact with my co-workers/customers internal and external on a daily basis... The hardest part of the job is when there is a situation that creates downtown in a particular department.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Professional staff, good work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Fantastic global company that a allows flexibility to employees. Co workers are great to work with, benefits are substantial, non stressful environment.
Good company, growth issues, but those are good issues to have
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Good company, compensation is fair. Not all processes are determined so there is flexibility to get things done. Occasionally, lack of process can cause confusion between internal clients.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Lack of process can occasionally lead to confusion between internal organizations
My review summary is provided below. It is not favorable nor should it be. Worst place I've ever had the unfortunate "privilege" to work at.
Senior Discovery Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Horrible out of touch management. Benefits are substandard. Poor communication and lack of reward for hard work. No one within this corporation has any idea of scientific principles in bioanalytical or GLP for that matter. Poor employee retention. Serious disconnect between "managers" and the ones actually doing the work. NO communication between lower segments of the company and the mother company. Terrible IT/server connect. Almost like working in the government.
Pros
Ithaca was a nice location
Cons
Can't say enough
Productive and fun workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 14, 2016
Fun place to work but no stability. Majority of the team was contractors and eventually let go. Flexibility was nice. No micromanagement.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stability
Data Entry Review
Clinical Data Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed this experience. It was very educational as well as challenging at times. I worked with a great group of ladies and we were more like a family than a group of co-workers.
Lacking Work Life Balance
Associate Lab Clinical Data Analyst - Quintiles (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2016
Lacking work life balance. Also, lost many benefits after joint venture. I do love the opportunity to work from home though.
Cons
Lost many benefits after JV