Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational Employee Reviews in United States

My review summary is provided below. It is not favorable nor should it be. Worst place I've ever had the unfortunate "privilege" to work at.
Senior Discovery Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Horrible out of touch management. Benefits are substandard. Poor communication and lack of reward for hard work. No one within this corporation has any idea of scientific principles in bioanalytical or GLP for that matter. Poor employee retention. Serious disconnect between "managers" and the ones actually doing the work. NO communication between lower segments of the company and the mother company. Terrible IT/server connect. Almost like working in the government.
Pros
Ithaca was a nice location
Cons
Can't say enough
Good company, growth issues, but those are good issues to have
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Good company, compensation is fair. Not all processes are determined so there is flexibility to get things done. Occasionally, lack of process can cause confusion between internal clients.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Lack of process can occasionally lead to confusion between internal organizations
Nice Place to Work
Records Mgt. Spec./Site Archive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 21, 2015
Great work environment and atmosphere. Employees where long term and everyone new each other. Job started as a temp assignment that evolved into a 14+ year career.
Pros
Company valued employees, Excellent Benefits, on-site Cafeteria
Cons
Distance from home
Lacking Work Life Balance
Associate Lab Clinical Data Analyst - Quintiles (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2016
Lacking work life balance. Also, lost many benefits after joint venture. I do love the opportunity to work from home though.
Cons
Lost many benefits after JV
Professional staff, good work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Fantastic global company that a allows flexibility to employees. Co workers are great to work with, benefits are substantial, non stressful environment.
Terrible place to work- clinical science specialist- run away!
Clinical science specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 14, 2016
I'm not really sure how this organizations has so many good reviews. Management is terrible and they have a very high turnover rate. I worked here for a year and in all my years as a nurse can hands down say this was the worst job I ever had. I stuck it out thinking things would get better- I was wrong. No work life balance- managers are out of touch and expectations are unrealistic! Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2015
Great positive work environnment with a benefits package that is top knotch. They are all about creating a positve work culture and performance driven.
benefits
Cons
Great benefits, great potential for advancement.
Sr. Clinical Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 13, 2015
Great training, great potential for advancement, unfortunately had to leave due to unforeseen life circumstances. Great management, and mostly given freedom to 'self-manage' and not micro-managed. The hardest part of the job was that I had to do much more national travel and not the regional travel that was originally promised in the job description.
Pros
Great benefits, great company culture, excellent training.
Cons
More national travel than originally promised.
Quintiles is hard to review
Contract Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
Quintiles is hard to review because they have so many contracts with so many different companies. Your best bet is to look into the company you'll be contracted with.
Pros
good management, website easy to use, HR and payroll is good
Cons
low base salary for some contracts
Wasted time
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2015
A typical work day with Quintiles had me feeling like I wish I had a better job. There was very little communication cascaded from field managers and project lead to sales reps. If any information was provided, it was vague. Unfortunately, most everyone on the team feels the same way, however, no one will voice their concerns. Bonus payments were ALWAYS paid weeks to months later than expected pay date. There is little to no sense of job security since project lead and field managers do not know contract details themselves. Expect to hear that they will look into answering questions and expect no follow up. Management across all levels are not qualified nor capable of maintaining lasting professional relationships. Contract organization, no long term benefit, lower salary, limited potential. Wasted my time and resources.
Pros
Cons
No transparency, lack of professionalism, unethical managment
Interesting but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular staff
manager (Current Employee) –  RTPMarch 2, 2016
Interesting work but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular US staff. No work life balance.

A heavy push to India offshoring. Work being moved overseas (to India) as fast as possible as well as H1B guest work visa Indians being brought in to the RTP office to replace (or not hire) Americans whereever possible.
my review
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:30 am and it is full of energy from then until 3:30pm... Granted there aren't any fires to put out (some literal and some not) my day is pretty busy... I also maintain budgets for 15 - 20 purchase orders. These purchase orders are for various vendors that we come into contact/contract with on a daily basis. I walk a 201k square foot building holding 600-650 employees... I also work closely with the security team daily.

The best part of this position is that I get to interact with my co-workers/customers internal and external on a daily basis... The hardest part of the job is when there is a situation that creates downtown in a particular department.
Pros
na
Cons
na
An excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 8, 2016
An excellent opportunity for perspective representatives seeking to gain insight and experience in the industry & for tenured pharmaceutical representatives to continue in the pharmaceutical industry as it has evolved
Pros
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME & ENHANCING HUMAN HEALTH, TENURED PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVES MAY CONTINUE IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY AS IT HAS EVOLVED
Cons
(FOR ANYONE) CAN BE VERY UNSTABLE (FOR THE MORE TENURED) EXPECT LOWER BASES/BONUS POTENTIALS, SLIGHTLY FEWER BENEFITS AND LARGER TERRITORIES
Results-Driven and Focused
Site Management Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 20, 2016
very engaging company with great work/life balance. Company strives to provide a healthier world. Focused, results driven and thrives on leaving a strong global footprint
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
heavy workloads
A good company to start your career
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Quintiles is a good place to start your career. You learn a lot and the work culture is relaxed. They are now starting to outsource a lot of jobs so the job security is something to be worried about. The upper management has no idea whats going on on any lower levels of the company, or if they do they don't care. For the amount of time you put into the job, they could be a little more appreciative of its employees.
Pros
office is relaxed, dont micro-manage
Cons
currently outsourcing jobs, will try and keep you as a contract employee for forever with no benefits
Great company to work for
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 6, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for Quintiles and with the management and sales teams. Management is very supportive of professional and work life balance
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Job security due to contracts
Excellent start to medical sales
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 2, 2015
Excellent company to start a medical sales career. Great growth opportunity and benefits. Training and coaching excel and help you grow as a sales rep.
A Great Place to Work
QA Auditor, Investigator Review (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 17, 2016
I was employed by Quintles twice and enjoyed a 25 year career here! I was silly enough to leave for another company for 18 months, but smart enough to return!
friendly team to work with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 28, 2015
Room for growth with this company is possible, however the yearly salary seem caped. This company focus on helping others by giving excellent service in developing new medication trials.
Knowledgeable Management and Professional Environment.
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 25, 2014
The hardest part of this Job was the extensive training and testing for the first three months. The most enjoyable part was to travel all over the US to different Hospital Sites to train and learn the product. Management was very knowledgeable and fair. Teamwork was strongly encouraged. The most important learning curve was to adapt to the extensive amount of Administrative duties involved in this position.
Pros
benefits of being with a nationally ranked company, tremendous exposure to the industry. autonomy.
Cons
extensive overninght travel 90-95%