Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational Employer Reviews

I loved the people i worked with.
Sr. Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: questionable work ethics
My job was very challenging and I loved the people.
I needed a career change.
nice culture great people, no stability
Sr. Global IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Kansas CitySeptember 13, 2014
nice culture great people, no stability, outsourcing to other countries,
This is where your soul goes to die
Regulatory & Start Up (Former Employee), 66211August 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: everything else
Things overhead at the Q:

"If you met your goal, obviously it wasn't challenging enough so we are increasing the target"

"I was up until 2:00 am and I still have barely made a dent in my to-do list!"

"I had to call IT to get my email storage increased. Again. I am getting over 100 emails a day and I can't keep up."

"Your job is safe. We just aren't – more... going to be back-filling any positions in the US anymore."

"How nice that you get to each lunch. I haven't taken a lunch in 2 months."

(while crying) "I can't do this job anymore . . . I tried applying to a total of 5 other jobs within the Q in the last 8 months and I always hear that I either have too much, or not enough experience."

"I'm calling out sick just so I can work offline and get caught up on work without having to worry about replying to emails or answering the phone." – less
Great Stepping Stone for advancement in pharma
Oncology clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
This company provided me with a framework for developing skills necessary to work in the pharmaceutical industry
Contract Service Organization
Primary Care Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: contract
Cons: contract ended
Field Sales
Customer Focused
Contract was not renewed
Great Products
High Level of Sales Experience was a bonus with my background
promoted insulin and insomnia mediation for two parent company contracts
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 28, 2014
Promoted insulin and insomnia medication to primary care physicians throughout Wisconsin and Michigan within team environment.

Learned how insulin plays a role in diabetes and reluctance to comply and use to achieve blood sugar control.

Learned how physicians perceive treating insomnia and benefits of sleep aid catered to patients with middle of the – more... night awakening.

Many coworkers overlap within each of the 3 geographies which was challenging to coordinate.

Many physicians were reluctant to use branded product when generic alternative available.

Most enjoyable was when physician gave positive feedback of patient success using insulin or improved sleep. – less
Great in the beginning; lousy at end
Senor Clinical Trials Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: individual project teams i worked with
Cons: management unresponsive and no career advancement
Great environment when started; benefits okay, pay wasn't competitive. No opportunity for advancement and management unresponsive. Over worked and line manager knew it. Would not provide help. Could not wait to get out.
This company has morphed from a quality oriented company to all about the bottom dollar since going public.
Clinical Project Manager (Current Employee), RTPJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits - supplemental benefits ( insurance)
Cons: does not pay industry comparable salaries to employees other than cras.
Managing clinical trials in several therapeutic areas. Serving as liaison with Pharmaceutical Sponsors.
Very Busy Environment
Project Coordinator/Admin. Assistant (Former Employee), MariettaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: has a cafe
Cons: unorganized
Quintiles is for anyone who loves a high stress environment. It has great potential for advancement for go getters
Good place for growth
Senior Clinical Trials Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 18, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Quintiles. I have learned a great deal about managing sites and dealing with different personalities. I would say that the hardest part of the job can be navigating the different channels of communication, which can lead to a message being clouded. I have enjoyed learning and being able to grow and develop.
Nice looking building from the outside.................
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: culture
Not so nice on the inside, culture not what I expected, would probably not want to work there again
Project Manager experience as an intern
Intern IT Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 11, 2014
Expected to do the job of a Project Manager at the salary of an intern.
Supportive and technology driven
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJune 11, 2014
A great company to work for. I traveled and monitored less experience CRAs in additional to CRA daily activities. I had the opportunity to sign less experience CRA off to perform on their own while providing monitoring tool.
Competitive leader in CSO industry, flexible, compensation may not be competitive
Records Management Associate I (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 14, 2014
Pros: location, cafeteria, easy parking, exercise facility
Cons: short breaks, contractor status, low pay, no private work space
A typical day is not stressful, but engaging and self directed. I have learned multiple facet of the CSO industry and what's required in running a clinical trial, some requirements are mandated by FDA while other requirements may be sponsor driven.

Co-workers are supportive, somewhat different from management.

The toughest part is continuously performing – more... entry level work, when my skillset and experience is at masters level.

I enjoy the consistency of processes, the people and the ability to do some Quality Checks on work that is assigned to me. – less
Great training
Clinical Study Manager (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 9, 2014
Been ages - but was a great company to learn and grow with.
Don't know if they are still around - hope so.
Build tech
SITE SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee), Leawood, KSApril 21, 2014
Pros: my work ethic
Cons: too many to list
WIN7 refresh project with marignal leadership, instruction and culture
Great Place to work, very good work environment.
Lab Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 3, 2014
Pros: people and very friendly
Cons: n/a
Great Place to work, very good work environment. People are friendly and helpful.
Quintiles is challenged to meet the high expectations and demands of the pharmaceutical companies they work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the ability to occasionally work from home. great benefits. good pay scale.
Cons: job insecurity.
* Typical day as Administrative Assistant: Fast paced environment. But I enjoyed the variety of work. I worked diligently to meet deadlines from multiple staff members.
* Typical day as a Clinical Trial Assistant: My typical day as a Clinical Trial Assistant was generally determined in advance. I knew what I needed to do each morning. It was predictable – more... in that I could bookmark where I left off on a file review and resume it the following morning. There were usually no variations in my day other than the occasional impromptu meeting.
* What I learned: I enriched my knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular, with Excel. Time Management - I kept a task list in Outlook so I knew what I accomplished as well as notating outstanding tasks. Through my job, I became extremely organized and able to shift my workload priorities as needed.My Administrative Assistant position was very challenging and my manager was a superior mentor.
* Management staff members were professional and respectful to me. For the most part, they were easy to work with!
* I truly enjoyed my co-workers at Quintiles and was able to interact with different levels of management and staff.
* The hardest part of my job would be spending too much time doing someone else's work when I should teach them how so they would be self sufficient. An excellent example of this would be preparing expense reports for staff. When I started at Quintiles, the admins were expected to prepare and submit expense reports for all staff. In time,there was a determination that it was more efficient for the employee to prepare and submit their own expenses. It was difficult for me to turn employees away as I knew they were just as busy as myself.
* The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to interact with staff, interview candidates on a global scale. – less
Quintiles
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2014
Excellent contract company for pharmaceutical representatives.
Quintiles is very professional, provides fanatastic training and over all is great to work for.
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 5, 2014
Cons: the timing of one contract ending and another beginning is not always cohesive.
The training cannot be beat! Very organized, highly informative and professional. Quintiles definitely prepares employees to be ready to start each job, provides the tools needed to promote success and follows up in a supportive manner to assess progress and individual employee success..

1 2 3 4 5

About Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it helps pharmaceutical, – Read more