Quintiles Transnational Employee Reviews in United States

Opportunity to grow, but high stress zero tolerance work environment.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 5, 2016
Decent pay scale, benes, and bonus opportunity in management. The lab business unit has always been chaotic without enough applied vision. Clients generally allowed to dictate timelines. A lot of good people on staff, but burnout is a significant problem. The merger with Quest Clinical Labs brings potential for significant change, but uncertainty ahead, especially for redundant resource bases.
Great company with added benefits, team spirit and encouragement
Certified Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2016
Quintiles is a great company to work for ten years. Excellent
salary with benefits including gas card, car allowance as the
job requires travelling to physician offices in Greater Philadelphia.
Team spirit and positive environment. Leadership encouraged.
Pros
good benefits and opportunity for growth
Cons
longer hours and travelling for this job
Conducive environment to work
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 26, 2016
Develop recruitment strategies and an enrollment plan with the investigator and site staff to meet recruitment goals in coordination with the Global Monitoring Plan project recruitment plan and conducts evaluation, initiation, routine monitoring and close out visits at each assigned study site, as outlined in the Global Monitoring Plan.
Innovative business leader, as a capability across functions, with experience in process improvement and client relationship management.
Project Manager, Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 7, 2016
Strong background in project management, technical training, and support. Ability to balance complexity and partner with all levels within a multi-national environment. Analytical, articulate, and diligent.
Pioneering the Pharmaceutical Industry
Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2016
Quintiles is a great place to work.
Competitive wages.
Competitive insurance.
Many opportunities for upward mobility.
Quintiles provides a stable environment within an evolving and changing market.
Pros
Flexible Daily Schedule
Cons
Salary may vary from contract to contract; small vacation day initially
An excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 8, 2016
An excellent opportunity for perspective representatives seeking to gain insight and experience in the industry & for tenured pharmaceutical representatives to continue in the pharmaceutical industry as it has evolved
Pros
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME & ENHANCING HUMAN HEALTH, TENURED PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVES MAY CONTINUE IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY AS IT HAS EVOLVED
Cons
(FOR ANYONE) CAN BE VERY UNSTABLE (FOR THE MORE TENURED) EXPECT LOWER BASES/BONUS POTENTIALS, SLIGHTLY FEWER BENEFITS AND LARGER TERRITORIES
Terrible place to work- clinical science specialist- run away!
Clinical science specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 14, 2016
I'm not really sure how this organizations has so many good reviews. Management is terrible and they have a very high turnover rate. I worked here for a year and in all my years as a nurse can hands down say this was the worst job I ever had. I stuck it out thinking things would get better- I was wrong. No work life balance- managers are out of touch and expectations are unrealistic! Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!
Good salary and benefits, not much vacation time
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 17, 2016
Good salary for contract pharmaceutical rep, 2 weeks vacation, fantastic district managers, upper management seem to be disconnected.
Pros
Salary, benefits, training, lower management
Cons
Vacation time, upper management, stability
my review
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:30 am and it is full of energy from then until 3:30pm... Granted there aren't any fires to put out (some literal and some not) my day is pretty busy... I also maintain budgets for 15 - 20 purchase orders. These purchase orders are for various vendors that we come into contact/contract with on a daily basis. I walk a 201k square foot building holding 600-650 employees... I also work closely with the security team daily.

The best part of this position is that I get to interact with my co-workers/customers internal and external on a daily basis... The hardest part of the job is when there is a situation that creates downtown in a particular department.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Interesting but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular staff
manager (Current Employee) –  RTPMarch 2, 2016
Interesting work but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular US staff. No work life balance.

A heavy push to India offshoring. Work being moved overseas (to India) as fast as possible as well as H1B guest work visa Indians being brought in to the RTP office to replace (or not hire) Americans whereever possible.

Want to know more about Quintiles Transnational?

Ask a question
Great opportunity for individuals looking to get their foot in the door
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 3, 2016
Quintiles is a place that can be a great opportunity to gain experience and get your foot in the door. It is also a great place to develop in order to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
Great opportunity for Pharma Sales
Metabolic Specialty Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2016
Great Opportunity for Pharma Sales work for short intervals of time, i.e., contracts for one to three years. Not as much opportunity for career growth as compared to working directly with Pharma company.
Cons
Lack of career growth opportunities
My review summary is provided below. It is not favorable nor should it be. Worst place I've ever had the unfortunate "privilege" to work at.
Senior Discovery Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Horrible out of touch management. Benefits are substandard. Poor communication and lack of reward for hard work. No one within this corporation has any idea of scientific principles in bioanalytical or GLP for that matter. Poor employee retention. Serious disconnect between "managers" and the ones actually doing the work. NO communication between lower segments of the company and the mother company. Terrible IT/server connect. Almost like working in the government.
Pros
Ithaca was a nice location
Cons
Can't say enough
Laid Atmosphere/Good Co-workers
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2016
I learned more computer programs while working at Quintiles. Management was ran poorly.. I enjoyed my co-workers, they were all very helpful
Pros
Co-workers, got to wear comfortable clothing
Cons
management
Great to break into Pharma
Medical Device Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 14, 2016
i love quintiles as a company, some of their management on the fields sales is questionable, and some of the contracts aren't great or organized. great to start out in pharma.
Great place to help jumpstart a career.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
I have enjoyed my time here. I like the people I work with and am grateful Quintiles gave me my first job. Management decisions have led to the closing of many jobs.
this was a good company to work for
Clinical Data Assistant (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 11, 2016
what I did at this company was data entry. I data entry all of there clinical study data in the system. I learn how to work serval study at one time.
Good company, growth issues, but those are good issues to have
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Good company, compensation is fair. Not all processes are determined so there is flexibility to get things done. Occasionally, lack of process can cause confusion between internal clients.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Lack of process can occasionally lead to confusion between internal organizations
SQA Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 9, 2016
Under constant changes to resources, Team members were committed and determined to provide the best product releases to all assigned projects.
Pros
The dynamic within teams was cordial and pleasant.
Cons
The people and hardware resources did not compliment the needs of projects assigned.
"Fine"
Safety Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 6, 2016
I have been working at Quintiles (More than 2 years)

Advice to Management

Establish formal mentor program and follow through with it
Pros
Company has high percentage of remote employees
Cons
Horrible work life balance