Quintiles Transnational

Quintiles Transnational Employee Reviews in United States

SQA Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 9, 2016
Under constant changes to resources, Team members were committed and determined to provide the best product releases to all assigned projects.
Pros
The dynamic within teams was cordial and pleasant.
Cons
The people and hardware resources did not compliment the needs of projects assigned.
lab tech
lab tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 9, 2016
printed and labeled medical tubes
processed Pfizer medical orders
preparing medical kits
properly labeled medical tubes for kits
handled ancillary materials
Interesting but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular staff
manager (Current Employee) –  RTPMarch 2, 2016
Interesting work but many many hours of uncompensated overtime for regular US staff. No work life balance.

A heavy push to India offshoring. Work being moved overseas (to India) as fast as possible as well as H1B guest work visa Indians being brought in to the RTP office to replace (or not hire) Americans whereever possible.
my review
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:30 am and it is full of energy from then until 3:30pm... Granted there aren't any fires to put out (some literal and some not) my day is pretty busy... I also maintain budgets for 15 - 20 purchase orders. These purchase orders are for various vendors that we come into contact/contract with on a daily basis. I walk a 201k square foot building holding 600-650 employees... I also work closely with the security team daily.

The best part of this position is that I get to interact with my co-workers/customers internal and external on a daily basis... The hardest part of the job is when there is a situation that creates downtown in a particular department.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Professional staff, good work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Fantastic global company that a allows flexibility to employees. Co workers are great to work with, benefits are substantial, non stressful environment.
Good company, growth issues, but those are good issues to have
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Good company, compensation is fair. Not all processes are determined so there is flexibility to get things done. Occasionally, lack of process can cause confusion between internal clients.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Lack of process can occasionally lead to confusion between internal organizations
My review summary is provided below. It is not favorable nor should it be. Worst place I've ever had the unfortunate "privilege" to work at.
Senior Discovery Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Horrible out of touch management. Benefits are substandard. Poor communication and lack of reward for hard work. No one within this corporation has any idea of scientific principles in bioanalytical or GLP for that matter. Poor employee retention. Serious disconnect between "managers" and the ones actually doing the work. NO communication between lower segments of the company and the mother company. Terrible IT/server connect. Almost like working in the government.
Pros
Ithaca was a nice location
Cons
Can't say enough
Productive and fun workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 14, 2016
Fun place to work but no stability. Majority of the team was contractors and eventually let go. Flexibility was nice. No micromanagement.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stability
Data Entry Review
Clinical Data Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed this experience. It was very educational as well as challenging at times. I worked with a great group of ladies and we were more like a family than a group of co-workers.
Lacking Work Life Balance
Associate Lab Clinical Data Analyst - Quintiles (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2016
Lacking work life balance. Also, lost many benefits after joint venture. I do love the opportunity to work from home though.
Cons
Lost many benefits after JV
Nice Place to Work
Records Mgt. Spec./Site Archive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 21, 2015
Great work environment and atmosphere. Employees where long term and everyone new each other. Job started as a temp assignment that evolved into a 14+ year career.
Pros
Company valued employees, Excellent Benefits, on-site Cafeteria
Cons
Distance from home
Quintiles is a great place to work.
Oncology Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 18, 2015
Quintiles is a great place to work, however, it is contract work and for as hard as you work I feel that they should be more involved in placing you in another contract when the one you are working for ends,
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Contract work
Great company
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
provided an environment where I was able to attain valuable sales skills, maintain satisfactory work/life balance, and experience great training.
Team oriented work place
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 1, 2015
I enjoyed my experience with Quintiles, it was very enjoyable to be able to educate and assist patients directly with their care. I enjoyed being part of a team to guide patient's in their care.
Great place for those new to the Pharma industry to get a start.
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2015
Quintiles has a strong organization that is well adept to bring a large sales force into play within amazingly short time periods to make a significant impact on a launch or growth of a product.
Pros
Great work environment, great people
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2015
Great positive work environnment with a benefits package that is top knotch. They are all about creating a positve work culture and performance driven.
benefits
Flexible and Adaptable
Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern USOctober 22, 2015
Contract Organization that overall takes very good care of their salespeople. Seeks to provide opportunities to stay within organization by bringing on new contracts.
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 19, 2015
I overlayed 3 territories-Trenton-Cape may, NJ. My furthest point was 3 hours away, so a very large geography. I learned to be efficient in order to maximize my time with my customers. For example, I scheduled regular appointments and lunches, particularly with those accounts that were a great distance from my home to ensure time in front of those customers. Drive time was the greatest challenge. Selling in the diabetes space was also challenging and rewarding-learning the science of the disease and relating it to the quality of life for the patient lead to a passionate discussion and sale.
Pros
building rapport with several different offices
Cons
drive time
home based
Nurse Connector (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn,NYOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed working on both projects. The ability to perform F2F as well as support HCV patients throughout their treatment journey was very rewarding. Enjoyed sales component educating Health care providers about the product and the program.
Wonderful place to work!!!
Clinical Nurse educator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, Chattanooga and Nashville, TNOctober 14, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Supportive managers and really believe in employees and patients first. They believe in open door and always being there for their employees.